Patch Notes 10/13/2015 - Page 4 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 10/13/2015

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

#76 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:26 AM

I find these recent events so awesome  :chomok03: Actually every single minute I can spend in game at the moment goes for getting these great rewards (halloween costumes and skill points). Time... where is it when needed  :p_err: I would love to do other stuff also. 

#77 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:36 AM

Particular classes with different gear will have trouble getting an SSS is what I was trying to say or get to since that was the one class that I had issues with gear compared to another of the same class I got SSS with.

I never think Invoker, Destroyer & Earth Master class are meant to mission mode (i mean it's hard to get SSS).

For those who find it too hard to reach SSS, equipping a weaker weapon might help since you will land more hits before the monsters are defeated.

When it comes to bosses getting furious/groggy, I think the disorienting zoom-in on a boss when it becomes furious should be removed as soon as client updates are possible.

I have a record of using lv1 broken weapon...I have no idea how I back-attack to get rank, honestly!

The temporary solution for disorienting zoom is to get out of the screen (get away from the boss until you do not see them) and go to the top of the map.

#78 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:47 AM

I never think Invoker, Destroyer & Earth Master class are meant to mission mode (i mean it's hard to get SSS).

I think every classes are meant to enjoy the full content of Dragon Saga. Each classes were supposed to have a role, more or less useful (at least for humans.)
Thing is devs added too powerful skills. Which made some classes related to dungeon farming and some others related to arcade mode farming.

Edited by 5143121023173906760, 20 October 2015 - 04:03 AM.

#79 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:59 AM

Most of my friends invest a lv70 Dragoon to farm gold...Rolling ground is awesome and powerful for pve :) which can mean that Dragoon fits arcade mode to get SSS rank.

I thonk every classes are meant to enjoy the full content of Dragon Saga. Each classes were supposed to have a roll, more or less useful (at least for humans.)

(y) for every classes are meant to enjoy the full content of Dragon Saga

Excuse me...err Did you mean "role" or "roll"? I'm confused.

#80 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:04 AM

Typo edited.

#81 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:11 AM

Each classes were supposed to have a role, more or less useful (at least for humans.)

So true...

"I have a dream...that one day [censored appropriate text]"

#82 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:29 AM

I have no idea how I back-attack to get rank, honestly!

Maybe you attach one of your hammers to a boomerang and back-attack yourself.  :bash: 

The temporary solution for disorienting zoom is to get out of the screen (get away from the boss until you do not see them) and go to the top of the map.

Does this make the zoom-in not happen or what do you mean?

#83 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:43 AM

Yea i mean ít.

#84 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:47 AM

Yea i mean ít.

It's good to know but not a really useful solution in most cases.

#85 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:58 AM

That's why I said "temporary".

#86 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:38 AM

Chain lightning, magnet/spark rock, wraith of heaven, rain of fire if you like that.

Ye, I know all of this, but if you don't have a strong weapon clearing ice for example is pretty slow. Though guess that's what you get for soloing.

About the ranting and complaining thing, now that you are doing stuff and changing things, obviously people are going to have opinions, suggestions and and sometimes complain about the changes, just the way it goes. You have to keep in mind that in the internet and in general, people are more often talking about the negative and wanting for more than supporting and patting your back. You just have to realize that, and this "complaining" makes sense.

I think the rewards for this Halloween event are really great, A+ on that. The map is challenging enough in my opinion with the boss in the map, which is different and not too hard for those with weaker gear. I think its fine that only SSS gives 4 items, makes you have to pay attention to that, but also it sometimes feels unfair since it is so easy to lose, and that is what people are conveying here.

EDITS: fixing that grammar.

Edited by Precrush, 20 October 2015 - 06:15 AM.

#87 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:07 AM

Yeah, complaining is a part of life I agree to that - especially on the internets.

But don't you think it is getting strange if it are always only the same people "constantly" complaining about every single thing that comes into the game - good and bad things that is?

While others do both, I mean complain and giving some positive feedback. Which would be quite normal me thinks. :p_smile:

I guess the halloween map and the ranking reward system it comes with is exactly the way the prod team wanted it to be - a bit challenging and forcing the people to pay attention. I think it is good the way it is, including the rewards.

Btw, Poppie always was "working close with the production team", he already stated this himself while still being a volunteer mod (and while being a fungineer). So I strongly assume his "job" never has changed since then, it only got "official". :p_smile:

Edited by Fliederduft78, 20 October 2015 - 06:18 AM.

#88 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:24 AM

I meant that in general the team is making changes, just wanted to point out that the fact that change happens is in in of itself a reason for complaints, since popcorn was disappointment in people complaining now when they are doing stuff. Some people are going to not agree with the change.

In my opinion, people that give both positive and negative feedback constructively are much rarer then those that give either. Some people are only glad that they add something new, and express that. Some people, including myself, are more critical in their thinking and every time something is changed want to give their opinions and preferences on it. That doesn't mean I am not happy with the change, it just means that I, personally, see something in it that could be further improved. I have to remind myself of this as to not come out as quite so negative all the time.

Information age is still on its baby legs and we all have to learn to adapt to that, this "complaining" can be seen everywhere on the internet, it's nothing you can or should fight, in my opinion.

Edited by Precrush, 20 October 2015 - 06:26 AM.

#89 Lysanna

Lysanna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:40 AM

i really really love the Halloween event maps and the drops :p_love:

Yes it isnt easy, but thats the point I really like challenge.

The rage and groggy mode is a little bit annoying, but maybe its because im playing sorcerer most time, and its nearly impossible to get a boss monster in groggy mode^^. Killing would be faster than trying to get the boss in groggy. In my opinion it would be wonderful if bosses loose rage and groggy mode and are only normal bosses like in early game, or sorc would get more possibilities for doing rank. I knew its nearly impossible changing it so I accepted the rage, groggy mode and also the zooming and the bad options for sorcs :ok: 

About the rank problem:There are some classes have problems with doing rank, like invoker or summoner, but with back attack they can get a sss rank , too. For all others using a lower or a borken weapon is a good advice and works very good.

The map is a challenge but isnt too hard. I did it solo with my lvl 27 alt and my high level sorc and its really nice like it is now^^

Thank you for this great event and for the nice work :no1:

#90 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:46 AM

Soulsight (and any other), back-attacking a boss can only be done when its target is another player located on a side other than yours (or at least I haven't managed to do it another way). Targeting a summon seems to either count as targeting the summoner, or targeting no player at all, leading to an impossibility to back attack the boss.

In case it isn't too clear (I guess it isn't after all), you need to have one party member close to the boss so that they are targeted, while another one will deal damage on the other side.

The way the boss is facing is of little importance, as it can change target right after having used a skill / attack. As an example, the Lord of Night can cast its lightning ball, but change targets during the time it charges up the attack. As a result it'll hit a player on one side, while attacks directed at what seems like the boss' face will be counted as back attacks.

These back attacks count in the "Skill" gauge, which fills up extremely fast compared to the "Sense" one.

As for you, Popcorn : I can't remember having complained about anything except one ban which you weren't responsible for and helped me with, the Devil's set of Agility being put in the Mixboard the week before the [Best] Unity set was released (a long time ago, in a gala-... oops)... and that's about it. My memory isn't too good (I mean it's terrible), but at least I can say that I try to always clearly state my dislike when there's something I can't put up with. It'd be pointless to just mumble about something I think could be improved without trying to find a way to do so and sharing my thoughts about it ; if I'm not clearly and obviously saying so, then at least I don't dislike the things I'm writing about.

It isn't about you being blind or anything, but about me usually not being cheerful or anything along those lines. Once again, if I'm not saying anything obviously negative, then consider I approve of your way of handling things.

You've done a good job for now, and I believe you still will. I apologize if you saw any of my words as something insulting or offending, but I'm fine with the way you're doing your job. And since I couldn't hope even helping you guys with any of your researching, adjusting or outright producing code, there's no point for me to complain anyway.

It isn't because I'm not saying "Keep up the good work, you're awesome !" that I don't think so. And I do think so.

Edited by Homurasan, 20 October 2015 - 07:47 AM.

#91 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:59 AM

True Homurasan but I don't know when I don't have back attack during casting ultimate.

#92 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:43 AM

Does it matter whether you use an ultimate or not? If you really want to get an SSS in 1 map just equip a lower level weapon then switch back when you do. Pool noodles always have a nice nice score. I have gotten an SSS with dragoon 100% of the time in the Halloween map. It's just a matter of how you combo. For example, stun the boss->bear/rolling ground. There's a lot of other things you can do, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

Edited by Agitodesu, 20 October 2015 - 08:47 AM.

#93 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:02 AM

I have gotten an SSS with dragoon 100% of the time

Haha Dragoon  :heh:  That's why my friends invest a lv70 dragoon to farm gold.

#94 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:17 AM

And as homura was saying, I believe most people here like the game. If not I apologize. The complaints here in dragon saga that are not personal attacks or being sarcastic can be taken as constructive criticism. People give out opinions to relay their opinion in hopes that maybe it will be applied. It may be stressful to popcorn to only relay negative information to the devs, but some things do go through. With those few implements comes many more ideas and issues. Again, most of us respect the game and the people who run and help out we just don't state it in every post. As for people wanting free things, I can not think of an event that would not give out anything and prove to be as effective and popular, I may be wrong, if so done in the past please continue to do those. If we look at it in a psychological point of view, we could just have 1 event every few months and respect the few events we have rather than having an event every few weeks or continuous events. But I like how it is now and this game is only getting better, because of those that help such as the devs,staffs, and community.

#95 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

To Popcorn:

well..I am going to say it so lynch me.

I too am disappointed in how a mod is talking to its community like we are all small misbehaving children over the rules they put up. We should just all shut up and be happy the game still exists at all.

That kind of passive aggression really makes everyone who want to say something or suggest something different lately from what was put in game feel like crap, and I see no reason for it because we as a community never attacked people creating these events personally.

People will find flaws at times and point them out based on their own playing experience, some will be happy, others will be unhappy. It is just the way it is, you can't make everyone happy, but you can reach that golden zone where most could be content.

It is about balancing fun/ rewards ratio. For instance if you have a really difficult map make it worth a players while to at least have a worthwhile secure drop.

Part of why i loved this community so much, was because players could suggest things and give ideas so it felt like everyone here was building the game together.

so simply saying stuff like: everything is awesome, or everything is crap, can have motivating or demotivating effects, but in the end it is not very constructive.

Anyway, back on topic.

Not sure how long you played this mission map, but people wanting to reach SSS is to get a chance to get a halloween coin which on other ranks is unobtainable. (if we are to compare it to the golden/silver/bronze  treasure from pirate event)

Its also feels like soul/wp/armor boxes have a 85% chance to appear on any rank while all the other items have 15% either that or my luck was really really crappy the whole day on sunday.

Anyway as i stated before, having two bosses in one boss room is extremely tedious BECAUSE of the groggy system, and it is a bit discouraging to not be able to play solo. 

I at times want to take the time off work, to make a run or two, only to realize it is not worth my time because I cant make a decent rank and even if i do, these 2 runs result in getting me soul boxes. 

Its not fun to grind the same mission map over and over again only to be rewarded with crappy loot 70% of the time. That is just the way i see it. 

And restricting coins to one player only is another subject in itself. While yes, we could argue that the loot you get from the gacha is not bound on character and it can indeed be sold and traded, testing your way with whom to play will result you in ending up having scattered coins across your alts which if you are not going to play with, you can just throw them away because the chance to get that last coin you need is very slim, unless you are prepared to dedicate a ton of your time.

So not being able to do grade with any character you want removes the whole choice aspect from the game. 

I had a friend who only ever had one character created and he only ever played on that character, he had no alts. 

How does that kind of event reflect on him, if he chose a class that can't make an SSS on their own? I guess he is supposed to make an alt, or beg for parties.

-----------------------------------------

Also nobody is saying this event is bad, the rewards are amazing so there are no complaints about that. We all appreciate the effort you guys put in in recreating everything, and we are all aware of the limitations.

But as players and bystanders that don't know these actual limitations we are prone to suggest new ways around, in hopes that we will hit a nail on the head, and that the suggestion might get implemented to make everyone's life a bit easier.

But here is the thing. You are saying how we all only complain about things, but obviously if people have time to complain, it means the event didn't capture them in a particular way.

Partially I think, people are complaining about this is because we had the exact same event not even 2 weeks ago, and it could be that we are all a little fatigued from grinding F1 over and over again.

Halloween is the time of the year when everyone expected a special kind of event, but the pirate event kinda minimized that hype a little, which of course it is not your fault, because you had the best intention.

As for decreasing a number of stuff you get as rewards, I think this would actually be a good idea for the next events. Because (this is of course my opinion) having too many items in one gasha box decreases the chance in getting that one item you are trying to get and it decreases the value (and exclusivity) of the other items.

And i know the producer is obsessed with gacha boxes, but if you guys are having a free event such as this in the first place, would it be such a terrible thing to suggest that you remove some items from ranking boxes and instead put them available as an actual drop from bosses with lets say 70% chance...?

That way grinding the same map over and over again might feel more worthwhile and pleasurable, in a way of.. hey i reached SSS and got nothing but soul/AP/WP boxes for it, but oh well at least i got an exp potion and/or beauty gacha box that dropped from boss. 

edit* 

Agitodesu and Precrush prettymuch said everything I wanted to say in a much nicer and shorter way. 

Edited by sigeel, 20 October 2015 - 09:52 AM.

#96 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:43 AM

Sigeel basically said everything I wanted to say except so well that I'm baffled. But I would like to include something that may be completely wrong.

The community in the actual game is quite large and the community within forums is profoundly smaller. I could just guesstimate less than 50 people actively participate in the forums giving out their honest ideas/opinions/complaints in recent times. And to be shutting some people out is not very nice in my opinion. This is not pointed to anyone, but to those who do so.

Edited by Agitodesu, 20 October 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#97 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:50 AM

So basically you will get:

SSS - 4 rewards (with chance of the "good" rewards)

SS - 3 rewards (with chance of the "good" rewards)

And after the maintenance:

S - 2 rewards (with chance of the "good" rewards)

A-C - 2 normal rewards

D-E - 1 normal reward

F - no reward

SS also drops the coins.

Sigeel, no one forces you to play this map if the reward is too crappy for you. Except the IM boxes every stuff is tradable/sellable in the market, you could consider to buy it there instead of having the effort to farm.

Edit: The "crappy" rewards are the original rewards from the original halloween map (we only removed the necklaces) and the rewards weren't crappy as long as you could farm it for the pots the whole year. We could have had removed it already 6 months ago, but we left it in for you guys, but if we had known that this is so crappy we could have removed it. 

And it's already planned that the Halloween Event Map will be removed from the game this time when the event is over.

So if you want to collect the "crappy" EXP pots you should farm them now.

Edited by Popcorn, 20 October 2015 - 09:53 AM.

#98 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:55 AM

There is a difference between participating in an event and farming gold to buy things from an event. Sigeel only relayed his/her opinion on the rate of boxes. And it's the rate of the reward based on his/her circumstance not the reward itself that is "crappy". To be honest that edit made the passive aggression extremely more visible. Sigeel said the rewards were amazing so, not sure if you read that wrong.

Edited by Agitodesu, 20 October 2015 - 09:58 AM.

#99 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:04 AM

Sigeel said the rewards were amazing so, not sure if you read that wrong.

Could be possible, if so, sorry for that. However, the problem with the rates is always the random number generator which is used to give out the rewards.

When I tested this map I got something of the "special rewards" (boxes, Halloween Coin) almost every run while my party member got almost nothing. It is the same as for the soulcrafting success rates, some are lucky some are not.

However, as I already said, the "special rewards" are given out for SS rank already and after the upcoming maintenance they will be also given out for "S" rank.

#100 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:06 AM

Everyone of us does get a free IM box every single day, no rank for that one is needed.

This means we get one for 4 weeks this event runs.

This itself would have been enough to make me happy and feeling good.

Everyone of us has the same chances of getting special rewards with the rankings SSS AND SS. Every single one of us has the exact same chances. Some do get for example 3 coins in 3 runs, but don't get any the next 10 rounds, while others get one coin in round 2, 4 and 8. Yes, not everyone gets everything at the same time. Some of us do get the stuffs later, or earlier. Yeah, but we do have the exact same chance to get the exact same reward.

The rates are fine as they are. Imagine you would get a coin in every 2 runs. What do you think will happen to the server economy?

It would get flooded with masses of IM stuff that nobody will get rid of for the next half year or even longer. It would "devaluate" everything, even kill the whole server economy.

Please don't kill the server economy. We do not want this.

Edit:

btw, I'm always one of the unlucky ones. While others get masses, I get only a few. But that's fine to me, I do not complain. Not at all. Cause I simply am happy with the stuff I get. :p_smile:

Edited by Fliederduft78, 20 October 2015 - 10:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users