Booster, Eggs, Sigils NEED A NERF - Page 3 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Booster, Eggs, Sigils NEED A NERF

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:24 AM

But didn't you just say that not everyone has money to buy those? 

Yes, but it would make it a little better.

Example I can't afford stacks upon stacks but I might be able to afford a few here and there when needed if they were available like single boosters are, I would rather they fully removed because they are already an unfair advantage and certain players I won't name who have stacks upon stacks that they don't sell and only use to their advantage on other players.

#52 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:35 AM

So, let me get this straight.

The intense amount of farming, and vending it takes to acquire said stacks of items, you want to effectively render a waste of time? I mean, I'm all for balance and everyone knows that. But it takes a massive investment of time and attention to keep vendors up, farming going during the events that provide these items and many other factors. Just throwing them into IM because YOU don't have the resources, or didn't make the effort to do the same is like putting Faith Items back in the IM because you or others don't want to take the time and effort to save/farm the currency for them, just not as blatantly. 

The thing I find entertaining? is that all this fuss is over a single map mode, that provides no rewards other than bragging rights, and 90+% of the time only results in trash talking, harassment and anger. TG is a filthy area these days in terms of morality and politeness. It's truly disgusting how the participants treat each other and if you asked me, the mode itself should be removed all together and completely replaced with the new Junon Cartel mode. I just don't see why so much effort should be focused on an area that was intended for testing and training, originally for UW and now for GA modes, which don't allow those items to begin with.

There's a lot better options than just nerf nerf nerf on repeat. Like supporting legitimate Clan Wars in a GA mode which can be tracked and balanced upon collecting data feedback and logs. 

#53 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:01 AM

So, let me get this straight.

The intense amount of farming, and vending it takes to acquire said stacks of items, you want to effectively render a waste of time? I mean, I'm all for balance and everyone knows that. But it takes a massive investment of time and attention to keep vendors up, farming going during the events that provide these items and many other factors. Just throwing them into IM because YOU don't have the resources, or didn't make the effort to do the same is like putting Faith Items back in the IM because you or others don't want to take the time and effort to save/farm the currency for them, just not as blatantly. 

The thing I find entertaining? is that all this fuss is over a single map mode, that provides no rewards other than bragging rights, and 90+% of the time only results in trash talking, harassment and anger. TG is a filthy area these days in terms of morality and politeness. It's truly disgusting how the participants treat each other and if you asked me, the mode itself should be removed all together and completely replaced with the new Junon Cartel mode. I just don't see why so much effort should be focused on an area that was intended for testing and training, originally for UW and now for GA modes, which don't allow those items to begin with.

There's a lot better options than just nerf nerf nerf on repeat. Like supporting legitimate Clan Wars in a GA mode which can be tracked and balanced upon collecting data feedback and logs. 

That all sounds nice but in no way can you obtain red eggs from farming, These were in the item mall for a very short time and the few players that could afford to spend thousands on them took advantage, now the community as a whole is paying the price for that as they are literally unstoppable.

The only way to beat these players would be to remove the boosters/eggs or make them easily available for everyone in the game.

And just because you don't like training grounds Feuer doesn't mean other people can't enjoy it. Also this Junon Cartel sounds horrible, "GA rules?" No goulash? that's stupid. Knights and Bourgs = Rape everyone. Why do you think there's so many bourgs in AA now? Because they -_- on everyone if it's red pots only, They down a player in seconds because the HP regen on gems and red pots isn't enough to deal with dps for more than 4-5 seconds max. And yes Feuer I have tested this, Bourgs DPS output is way too high.

Nerfing where needed is a good thing but as usual I have noticed the GM team listens to the like of Imatt who tells them things that would swing in his and paragons favor, in other words enhance their boosting potential, you ever seen a gun bourg on boosters and eggs? Turn that 2 seconds into 1 second because they just koed you with 30k+ dps. (Also tested)

The fact you never come in TG Feuer makes almost all your comments invalid as you never test the TG mechanics, it's part of the game that people enjoy, I personally only play this game for TG because i find it fun, Before the server merged it was better because nobody cheated (eggs, aruas, boosters, sigils) It was all fair play, now we have a group of players who are taking advantage of this small time pay to win scheme and build up giant stocks.

The point i'm trying to make here is these eggs need to be gone, for the sake of the game. I noticed the new clan cap just went to 450, I wonder why? What clan in game would need 450 slots? Oh wait I know only one, that's paragon, They need to start saying no to them at some point or it's just going to be 50% of this games population in one clan. And then more and more people will quit because this Pay to win clan will Dominate everyone with their huge numbers, eggs and boosters.

Edited by FizzMo, 19 October 2015 - 08:04 AM.

#54 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:10 AM

Red eggs can be gotten from events as well. I have several, and I got all mine through events.

#55 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:16 PM

If you really think I'm never in TG and that makes my opinion pointless here's 2 reasons why you'd be wrong.

1: I am in TG, just because I think the ethics are garbage in it, doesn't mean I don't still use it for certain things.

2: Your proposed nerf of the items affects more than your mode, it effects all the game modes and thus I now have a valid say.

I agree, they do need to learn to say no at certain points* and in this case, limiting Paragons expansion rate might be a good thing. However, if it does just keep going, eventually everyone will end up IN paragon, in order to facilitate the need for higher roster numbers, and thus, everyone has the clan effects and everyone is fairly matched. 

And let's be 100% real here. You want boosters and eggs available why? I think it's because you know if they were, you'd be able to kill the classes you're pointing fault at. But, you're trying to use those classes as an 'example'. The true fact is that any class, can kill any other class with boosters if their target isn't equally buffed. 

But let's use your logic to argue against your request? DG's, no food, no boosters? Lame. But you don't see me asking for it now do you. And I know for a fact the ONLY class that would complain about not being able to use food is Hawker archetypes, because their max HP is low and the static amount recovered by food returns the largest HP%/second compared to every other class. And because the balances lately have been made so classes don't survive based on combat time but rather 'how much damage they take per hit' [which was the reason Axe champions got beat into the dirt with the nerf stick thank you very much] this makes Hawker Archetypes survive significantly longer than most classes when compared under pressure WHILE using food, in an even match. An example, Champion vs Champion, average match time I see, maybe 20-30 seconds on food. Average Raider vs Raider time on food ,1min-3min? Or more. I've seen some go until buffs run out [15mins].

So, I honestly don't even see the complaint 'boo no food is lame' as a reason, just a complaint because you don't like it, nothing based on fact. But that's here nor there.

The real issue I have, is you're trying to push and push to nerf something that affects all segments of gameplay, because of how it affects one, and I really don't think they're going to facilitate that request unless you can provide DATA on why it should. Not commentary. 

#56 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:59 PM

If you really think I'm never in TG and that makes my opinion pointless here's 2 reasons why you'd be wrong.

1: I am in TG, just because I think the ethics are garbage in it, doesn't mean I don't still use it for certain things.

2: Your proposed nerf of the items affects more than your mode, it effects all the game modes and thus I now have a valid say.

I agree, they do need to learn to say no at certain points* and in this case, limiting Paragons expansion rate might be a good thing. However, if it does just keep going, eventually everyone will end up IN paragon, in order to facilitate the need for higher roster numbers, and thus, everyone has the clan effects and everyone is fairly matched. 

And let's be 100% real here. You want boosters and eggs available why? I think it's because you know if they were, you'd be able to kill the classes you're pointing fault at. But, you're trying to use those classes as an 'example'. The true fact is that any class, can kill any other class with boosters if their target isn't equally buffed. 

But let's use your logic to argue against your request? DG's, no food, no boosters? Lame. But you don't see me asking for it now do you. And I know for a fact the ONLY class that would complain about not being able to use food is Hawker archetypes, because their max HP is low and the static amount recovered by food returns the largest HP%/second compared to every other class. And because the balances lately have been made so classes don't survive based on combat time but rather 'how much damage they take per hit' [which was the reason Axe champions got beat into the dirt with the nerf stick thank you very much] this makes Hawker Archetypes survive significantly longer than most classes when compared under pressure WHILE using food, in an even match. An example, Champion vs Champion, average match time I see, maybe 20-30 seconds on food. Average Raider vs Raider time on food ,1min-3min? Or more. I've seen some go until buffs run out [15mins].

So, I honestly don't even see the complaint 'boo no food is lame' as a reason, just a complaint because you don't like it, nothing based on fact. But that's here nor there.

The real issue I have, is you're trying to push and push to nerf something that affects all segments of gameplay, because of how it affects one, and I really don't think they're going to facilitate that request unless you can provide DATA on why it should. Not commentary. 

1. They might be available in very small amounts during events, But not so available you can get stacks upon stacks upon stacks, the problem here is there's a small group of players that have these in bulk that are using them to dominate pvp zones. Nobody can do anything about this because nobody else has these red eggs and can't get them because the players that do have them refuse to sell, also you can't get them anywhere else at the moment.

2. Lets be honest, who in their right mind uses red eggs in dungeons lmao. The fact they are so hard to obtain without spending Thousands upon thousands of dollars would make using them in a pointless scenario like pvm a massive waste of money.

3. This has nothing to do with "Trying to get a certain class nerfed" It's the same with any class that uses these eggs, if you have a champ on a sigil, eggs, aruas, boosters they can take out a team of 20 all by themselves, it's the items that are over powered more than anything else, yes gun bourgs are massively over powered but I'd prefer to see the eggs, sigils and aruas removed rather than them being nerfed.

4. If these were to become an instant buy in the item mall like single boosters it would suck but it would make it fair for everyone, I am looking at fair play for everyone who uses training ground not just me. It's not just that ither, people are using these in 1v1's to quietly regenerate HP in order to trash talk. where's the fun gone? These boosters and eggs are sucking the life out of training ground and making it into a constant argument starter.

If you don't remember on Draconis when nobody boosted, there was no complaints of this sort of thing. Maybe the occasional class nerf here and there but there was never "One single player who could take out an army alone" And that's my problem here, I don't like that one player can take out a whole team just because they have paid more real money to the game, and has items that are not possible for us to obtain.

#57 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:45 PM

So, I don't understand why this is coming from you. You have Faiths, and hundreds of billions in zulie last I heard, what happened to that? Why aren't you investing into it? No one got those stacks free, they either paid cash [which you do realize they had to spend time working in real life to do] or spend time farming zulie/events for them. Having cash isn't as bad as everyone tries to make it sound. Sure I think there should always be an upper limit, but you either work IRL for the cash, or you work in-game for the farm. Either way, you're dedicating time to your farm + stock piles. 

#58 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:57 PM

So, I don't understand why this is coming from you. You have Faiths, and hundreds of billions in zulie last I heard, what happened to that? Why aren't you investing into it? No one got those stacks free, they either paid cash [which you do realize they had to spend time working in real life to do] or spend time farming zulie/events for them. Having cash isn't as bad as everyone tries to make it sound. Sure I think there should always be an upper limit, but you either work IRL for the cash, or you work in-game for the farm. Either way, you're dedicating time to your farm + stock piles. 

Spending real life money on the game is fine, but you shouldn't be granted unfair advantages over other players by doing so. I sometimes buy item mall to get my characters passives or for Nepturunes etc but there should never be a way to pay real money for strength.

Feuer if you can find me a way to get 5 stacks of red eggs in game let me know, I bet you can't. Not until they are released again and at the moment that's not possible, these players will continue to have that unfair advantage on everyone.

And if I was to invest in that I would be as bad as them, and nobody else in the game would have a fair chance at beating me, I don't find that fair or fun. In my eyes that's ruining the game for everyone else.

#59 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:00 PM

The only advantage a cash shop player has over a grinder is that rate and amount they can stockpile. they don't have better versions. But, they also have to be mindful of usage, or else they'd just be blowing money out for no reason. 

#60 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:00 PM

The only advantage a cash shop player has over a grinder is that rate and amount they can stockpile. they don't have better versions. But, they also have to be mindful of usage, or else they'd just be blowing money out for no reason. 

Not true, as a Cash shop buyer can get all these boosters instantly, and often people don't sell these items in the vendors and if they do they are for an extremely unfair price and not many of them.

To obtain a stack of boosters via player owned shops and farming it would take months and months, a cash shop buyer can obtain this within 5 minutes and then feel free to run around dominating anyone who doesn't have the cash shop advantage.

The way I see it nothing good comes from red eggs, boosters, sigils or aruas. The whole game can be played just as well without them, infact I believe it would be a better place for everyone if these were removed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users