Quick question on nerfs on dragoon. - Page 2 - Game Balances - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Quick question on nerfs on dragoon.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#26 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:16 AM

There's a pretty big con, class reps rarely will admit they're class is broken/needs changing and it can lead to bigger issues down the road. Look at the balance summit thread pinned, those suggestions were made by class reps.

Edited by StormHaven, 01 November 2015 - 12:19 AM.

#27 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:35 AM

I think it's better that the staff team makes decisions based on their experience and information/opinions they gather from the player base as a whole, not just a few individuals. Balance is in it's nature a very delicate thing, the more voices you have effecting on it on the back round and the fewer people you have actually making the final calls the better, in my opinion. Then the people responsible for it can choose a overall direction they want to take it which hopefully helps keeping the staff teams picture of balance is clearer, and the information they can gather is broader.

#28 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:02 AM

I don't think it will work since it may contain biasing/personal idea which brings the fittest benefits to oneself.
Balance is in it's nature a very delicate thing, the more voices you have effecting on it on the back round and the fewer people you have actually making the final calls the better -> it reminds me of natural selection...weak ones die first :-ss

Edited by SoulSight, 01 November 2015 - 05:06 AM.

#29 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:03 AM

Not necessarily weak ones actually, except you admit that humans are a natural nonsense.

#30 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:25 AM

Hmm I hope I was not going too far away from topic. I think that the tree skill is a mess which I could say that Dragoon class was a ruiner before fixing. There are 20 quickslots in the bar and there are so many skills unused.

#31 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:04 AM

Page up and down. I don't have a problem with the amount of skills in 10 classes. The page up/down feature gives you a decent amount of extra skills you can shove in mid fight.

#32 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:09 AM

I admit that I could have more than 20 skills in my combo but "scroll up" and "scroll down" are too far on the keyboard to reach. Fortunately I can't change the key because of the setting.

#33 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:17 AM

Shouldn't they be above your arrow keys next to your home/delete etc keys? I have 5 keyboards that I used in 7 years and they all had it close by. As in 3-4 inches away.

#34 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

Every keyboard is different. Mine stays at the top right corner of the keyboard...

#35 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:07 AM

Shouldn't they be above your arrow keys next to your home/delete etc keys? I have 5 keyboards that I used in 7 years and they all had it close by. As in 3-4 inches away.

Most of the keyboards have their "scroll up" and "scroll down" keys next to their arrows keys or on the numpad.

Most of the keyboqrds with "scroll up" and "scroll down" on the numpad is because it is a laptop keyboard (I doubt there is a laptop keyboard with these keys next to the arrow keys but lemme know if it even exists !)

#36 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:22 AM

Oh I see. I have been using a computer keyboard all my life :(

#37 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:41 AM

I'm not sure if we're out of the topic yet or not. I wonder that if the setting allows to change hotkey for scroll up and scroll down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users