Tired of feeling like I'm playing with an useless class with an useless build. - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Tired of feeling like I'm playing with an useless class with an useless build.

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 ZDozer2

ZDozer2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationThe worst possible place to be born a gamer
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:57 PM

That's the thing. I need serious help. I feel like I just can't nail an RK build right. Eight damn years playing this game and I can't nail the damn build of the class I play the most.

12212063_895552237198472_1442071326_n.jp

This is my current build as I just used my free reset to try to get more Vit. Thing is, people are saying even this isn't enough.

I'm actually tired of this. Not knowing which skills to use at 129/34, not dealing damage to be able to compare to other classes, and feeling like no one wants to answer my questions and doubts. I need serious help.

For a note: Yeah, I crapped a Violet Fear and will likely have to get a new one. I bet people won't even buy this one I'm using.

Edited by ZDozer2, 03 November 2015 - 04:58 PM.

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:14 PM

make your HBP to +9

#3 ZDozer2

ZDozer2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:16 PM

I would if I had the money. My luck has been rotten as of lately. Damn, I can't even find parties for High TI.

People at the guild I'm on are saying I wasted my reset and should reset again to go into the DB build, a build I personally don't like.

Edited by ZDozer2, 03 November 2015 - 05:23 PM.

#4 LegendaryTorgue

LegendaryTorgue

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1598 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:23 PM

do yourself a favour and DB

if you can't get money, read the zeny guides

make a ranger as well to farm

DB guides are plenty, and the builds are simple.

TIs are usually not for money anyway so you really shouldnt depend on it for money

Get a right build for DB, get proper gears, go farm or do instances for zeny, get better gear.

DB builds are easy, 120 dex with temp dex boots firelock card, 100+ vit 100+ int, rest whatever

#5 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:43 PM

That stat build is fine, it's give or take what I had around my mid 120s. As far as vit, I have 95 base vit but 90 base vit should not be a problem, though as an RK you have the best HP modifier of all classes in the game so vit is that much more effective than on other classes.

Key things you're missing:
* +9 HBP, it makes a huge difference once you've stacked 90 base str, agi, and vit. If you can't afford to +9, getting it to at least +7 will still have a big effect for you.

* +9 Black Ribbon, this isn't something you need but it makes your IB that bit more effective. Its +7 effect also buffs your BB+IB and autoattacks very nicely.

* Medal of Honor (Swordsman) and Glorious Ring combo. They give you lots of +atk% buffs, +matk% buffs (matk along with int and base levels boost Enchant Blade for your autoattacks), +5% aspd, and +10% resistance to fire/water/wind/earth element attacks.

* A Bowling Bash weapon. Sword Guardian cards in a Thanatos Great Sword, Violet Fear, or Veteran's Sword are amazing because Sword Guardian cards each boost your Bowling Bash damage by 25% and also improve your autoattacks with +5 crit. They each give +5 hit too, which improves everything across the board.

Edited by kingarthur6687, 03 November 2015 - 05:47 PM.

#6 ZDozer2

ZDozer2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:01 PM

That stat build is fine, it's give or take what I had around my mid 120s. As far as vit, I have 95 base vit but 90 base vit should not be a problem, though as an RK you have the best HP modifier of all classes in the game so vit is that much more effective than on other classes.

Key things you're missing:
* +9 HBP, it makes a huge difference once you've stacked 90 base str, agi, and vit. If you can't afford to +9, getting it to at least +7 will still have a big effect for you.

* +9 Black Ribbon, this isn't something you need but it makes your IB that bit more effective. Its +7 effect also buffs your BB+IB and autoattacks very nicely.

* Medal of Honor (Swordsman) and Glorious Ring combo. They give you lots of +atk% buffs, +matk% buffs (matk along with int and base levels boost Enchant Blade for your autoattacks), +5% aspd, and +10% resistance to fire/water/wind/earth element attacks.

* A Bowling Bash weapon. Sword Guardian cards in a Thanatos Great Sword, Violet Fear, or Veteran's Sword are amazing because Sword Guardian cards each boost your Bowling Bash damage by 25% and also improve your autoattacks with +5 crit. They each give +5 hit too, which improves everything across the board.

* How much is a +7 HBP costing? I wonder if I could trade my +4 one with some extra Zeny into a +7 with someone.

* This one will be harder, though I really wanted to have one by default.

* Isn't those two items with PVP-only stats? I'm aiming more for PVM. Well, not Medal of Honor, I remember it being useful outside of PVP.

* Violet Fear will be the trickiest, but also could be pulled off. Will just take some time with the money.

For skills, should I keep making do with BB/IB?

#7 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:08 PM

I don't particularly keep track of the high-value market because Eden floor 1 is nauseating, sorry. =V

Medal of Honor (of all types) and Glorious Ring all have their effects active in PVM, they're actually one of the best all-purpose accessories you could get besides Silversmiths, RWC accessories, or Bako tats which are all more situational.

As for keeping on with BB+IB, I'm 138/40 and personally have no plans to get or use DB since I hate the idea of playing a lizard-riding wizard. =P

#8 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:21 PM

Always remember: You class is never useless. Except if you are playing a Dancer.

#9 ZDozer2

ZDozer2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

I don't particularly keep track of the high-value market because Eden floor 1 is nauseating, sorry. =V

Medal of Honor (of all types) and Glorious Ring all have their effects active in PVM, they're actually one of the best all-purpose accessories you could get besides Silversmiths, RWC accessories, or Bako tats which are all more situational.

As for keeping on with BB+IB, I'm 138/40 and personally have no plans to get or use DB since I hate the idea of playing a lizard-riding wizard. =P

Me either about DB. My only reason to ride a Ferus would be the extra weight capacity. Though this night I've been thinking about DB as leveling and resisting the idea.

Thing is, I've seen a lot of times that on 140 onwards, DB becomes the dominant RK skill and build.

Edited by ZDozer2, 03 November 2015 - 06:37 PM.

#10 xnatsumark

xnatsumark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Server:Thor pRO Server

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:34 PM

Always remember: You class is never useless. Except if you are playing a Dancer.

You can't defend well with out CP.

- Gypsy

#11 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:44 PM

You can't defend well with out CP.

- Gypsy

When did a Dancer become a Gypsy?

Spoiler

#12 xnatsumark

xnatsumark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:48 PM

When did a Dancer become a Gypsy?

Spoiler

laughing my fart out

#13 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:49 PM

i beg your pardon

my dancer is fab, and beautiful like Diva

Free double pharaoh card for everyone in 7x7 radius!!!!

#14 ZDozer2

ZDozer2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:51 PM

And the classic topic deviation had ensued.

#15 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:56 PM

i beg your pardon

my dancer is fab, and beautiful like Diva

Free double pharaoh card for everyone in 7x7 radius!!!!

I was just kidding. I know that you are fabulous fuyu-chan. *wink*

And the classic topic deviation had ensued.

I am very sorry for derailing your thread. My troll hormones are kicking in today. I will now depart from this thread.

#16 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:01 PM

oh I misread the thread title. I thought the poster was playing a non-AFK performer

#17 ZDozer2

ZDozer2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:04 PM

oh I misread the thread title. I thought the poster was playing a non-AFK performer

Wait, no people gets feelings like the RK is actually weak compared to other classes? Also, how can Wanderers be useless?

#18 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:10 PM

Try playing one :P

#19 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:16 PM

Try playing one :P

a7eb19ae524e1d066fae16e5e7c0438c86fa3214

but seriously, RK is one of the strongest PVP and PVM class in RO1.

#20 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:25 PM

nothing will make them appreciate their RK more than playing performer for a while.

#21 xnatsumark

xnatsumark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:45 PM

i play a performer once, you don't see a 1 man PVP minstrel nowadays...

#22 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:iRO[Chaos]

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:05 PM

What is your goal exactly here ? PVP/PVM/Woe?

An AGI/Crit RK requires a lot of Gear to be powerfull, which you are lacking a lot in. That HBP is useless untill at +7 at least, preferebly +9, a Black Ribbon would be a better choice for headgear. You can easily BB+IB if you get Nyd Garb and a +9 Rideword Hat. A +9 Isabella Red Ear might be an alternative also if you are focusing on attack speed.

FAW and Temp boots are your friends!

If you are to lazy to farm for good gear you should go ahead and do a DB build.

You should definitely check blackCROSS's Quick Physical Rune Knight Guide - IT IS EPIC !

Regards

Edited by bonislav, 03 November 2015 - 08:44 PM.

#23 ZeAlpaca

ZeAlpaca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Server:Yo Momma Booty

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:53 PM

8 years and still.... :u

#24 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:55 PM

Wait, no people gets feelings like the RK is actually weak compared to other classes? Also, how can Wanderers be useless?

My RK pales in damage output to other classes whose primary job is killing things, but I don't particularly care because I have epic tanking capabilities and enough killing speed to satisfy my personal needs.

2.5k~3k+ crits and 25k~30k IBs with 16k~18k BBs, with 20k Sonic Waves on the side, and I can get 192 aspd using Asir runes any time I want with just 90 base agi. I ain't complaining. =V

Edited by kingarthur6687, 03 November 2015 - 10:02 PM.

#25 xnatsumark

xnatsumark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:02 PM

from my experience, DPS RK is the fastest job to level, go get your self those ifrit rings rather.

i don't why you are having troubles, maybe you just sucked and impatient, just maybe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users