An "illegal 3rd party application" is one that allows you to carry out an action either once or multiple times with what we would consider as malicious intent or to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
"A macro which automatically drops zulie boxes repeatedly."
- This is considered illegal as it is disruptive to the game play of others
"An application which automatically fights, moves, or buffs players based on a specific condition (being in range, text command, preset movement, etc)."
- This is considered illegal as it gives the player an unfair advantage over other players in that the character is able to perform combat/tactical/environment based actions with complete efficiency.
"An application which controls the actions of multiple characters at the same time."
- This is considered illegal as it gives the player an unfair advantage over other players in that the player is able to perform multiple actions at the same time with great efficiency that would otherwise not be possible for an individual player to do.
"So I CAN write a macro to do UW quests for me, but I have to remain at my computer while doing it?"
- No, as this would fall under the example of "An application which automatically fights or buffs players based on a specific condition (being in range, text command, etc).". You will be able to perform a combat based action (fighting or movement) with great efficiency which will unnaturally shorten the amount of time it takes to complete the quest.
Other things that are true.
- Not all bots are reported, maybe we assume someone else reported?
- Not all bots are caught right away, sure we have to do our checks you would be pissed if someone reported you out of spite and we just honored the report and banned you."
Report players you think are botting, report them again if you don't think they were caught the first time. Alert someone on the *community team* if you have reported them twice and are not yet dealt with.
There is an assumption that happens often that just because you reported someone and you still see them playing means the support team didn't do anything.
There are times were the support team checks and the person is playing, not botting, the support team trust you and them as much as they can and the logs don't show "Bot" in them they show logs, which are details of game play not how people are playing the game.
There are times the support team checks and they are not logged in, and what helps is letting the support team know if you see them repeatedly what times you find them so that the support team can try and catch them when you see them. Again logs show only activities and not all bots are bots all the time.
*Community team is the top two sections of that page.*
If you find a lot of players using third party programs in one place, you can also report an area to the airship patrol thread. This is a thread that is regularly checked by the GM team for areas to sweep and check for bots. Make sure to use the form in the original post as posts that do not follow the rules of this thread will be removed.
Edited by VModCupcake, 28 March 2017 - 01:07 PM.