ASPD is such an important mechanic of RO however no one tests this indept! Our player base has almost no idea of how it works because the system is so complicated. Its complications only deters players from wanted to test this even more. Anyways here is several information from the short tests I have done:
current kRO ASPD mods:
We here at iRO have the same Unarmed ASPD but weapon penalties are 1 smaller (Bow penalty for Ranger (with 1 or less agi) in iRO is only -8 instead of kRO's -9). We are using an experimental ASPD, AGI and DEX formula which is still unknown. However here are major notes about the ASPD system we use:
- % ASPD from skills and NPC potions (Awake and etc) uses [200-(stat+weapon and shield ASPD)]*%. ASPD from skills DO NOT stack only the highest ASPD mod is uses (Swing Dance + AR = AR bonus only) and will only stack with NPC potions 9AR + Berserk put = 50% skill ASPD bonus).
- % ASPD from equips and cards uses [195-(stat+weapon and shield ASPD)]*%
- Only Dex and AGI of 2 or higher will factor into ASPD. Having 1 or lower will result in the same ASPD.
- Dex gives almost no ASPD. This is is especially true at high AGI.
- Every point in AGI gives less ASPD as AGI gets higher.
- Weapon ASPD penalty decreases as AGI increases (Weapons that lower your ASPD compared to unarmed). This penalty decrease also decreases as AGI.
- Weapon ASPD bonus decreases as AGI increases (Weapons that heighten your ASPD compared to unarmed). This functions similar to the penalty but uses a different formula. The same AGI will resault in a different Weapon ASPD bonus decrease than a Weapon penalty decrease.
Noticeable flaws of the current system:
* Weird weapon penalties. Shouldn't the class that specializes in the weapon be the fastest attacker using that weapon? Why do RK attack so slowly with a 2hs compared to a Mace and yet RG's get faster 2h Sword ASPD than RK? Rangers attacking slower with a bow than Hunters AND Chasers? and etc.
* Impossible to get 193 ASPD from AGI alone. This makes Rangers and Thieves' who can mainly only invest into AGI unable to get higher aspd than other classes since they don't have access to the ASPD buffs or gears that other classes have.
* Everyone who invests into AGI/ASPD gear will get similar ASPD (184~187 range) except a select few. Getting any higher requires EXTREME sacrifices or you being an RK. <.<
* RK is the only class that can EASILY get 193 ASPD how ever this is using a Mace (Really a Mace instead of a 2H Sword?).
Why are RK's the only ones who can get 193 ASPD easily? They have:
+30% ASPD skill (2HQ, Frenzy and AR Scrolls)
+20% ASPD potion (Berserk Potion)
+4 flat ASPD increase skill (Fighting spirit) which increases ASPD by 4 at the END of calculations.
As Doddler pointed out in iRO wiki forums, his RK only needs to invest 80 or so base AGI, a mace and those 3 things to get 193 ASPD.
Now try to GET 193 ASPD with your class. Post what was required and your opinions on it.
The trick is the Asir Rune (Fighting Spirit), which gives you a flat +4 aspd at rune mastery 10. At 80 or so base agi I could hit 193 with a mace (with AR or Frenzy) and 190 with a two hander (2HQ). You might get better results if you can use celomane juice or whatever its called, the new aspd pots that genetics can brew. You might be able to get away with even less agi when the alcabringer comes out but you'll need a really high upgrade for it to beat mace aspd.
Edited by Clogon, 29 November 2010 - 09:51 AM.