Lag and disconetion isues 0_0 - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Lag and disconetion isues 0_0

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#26 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:58 PM

The lag is horrible, haha. I just tested my attack speed w/ ASPD stacking and w/o, and there's no difference at all, not even in a mostly empty PvE map.

Hopefully this problem will be fixed soon. ;O

#27 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:04 PM

Not a chance back in THQ I had about 200 fps
I used compressed air not to long ago as well...
100% not me

fps got capped at 60, other than that... idk i've been having problems even in f10 with ambush

#28 Deathrowz

Deathrowz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationTdot !

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:17 PM

lagging me to hewl and out just to end up back in it ;-; idk..

#29 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:21 PM

Has anyone else received an "abnormal client" error upon DC?

i did. i thought it was because i started using a gamepad today. I guess no Dragon Saga today until this issue is fixed. Thank you Hastur for your super fast responses <3

#30 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

And now I got a text about a 3:30 PST(6:30 EST) maintenance. I hope this fixes it.

#31 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

And now I got a text about a 3:30 PST(6:30 EST) maintenance. I hope this fixes it.

Hopefully, it ends in time for BS.

#32 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:27 PM

it said it will only be for 30 mins.

#33 SangAsura

SangAsura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

Gogogogo. lets be optimistic. Lol.

#34 Misuu

Misuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:32 PM

My whole party Dc'd from lag... And we were doing Cof with 1.30 hour left QQ!! I demand my shield back :<... Nowadays we cant even farm gold...

#35 Goldysticks

Goldysticks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:46 PM

I can't even log in atm.

#36 demonicheart

demonicheart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:55 PM

Has anyone else received an "abnormal client" error upon DC?

yes its just a message stating you have been DC. People the gms are doing what they can to get the servers back on track give them time and pls be patient.
I'm sure they will find a way to repay all the players for the issue's that have happened.
Also for ppl that have not read all the messages here the gm is waiting for a response and will post in here as soon as he hears something.
ty for your time and courtesy.

Dragon Saga Player -"ForgiveMe"-

#37 Terryfic

Terryfic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:08 PM

What I'm about to say now will in fact be very direct and honest, but I don't know of any other ways of putting it, so here goes:

I did Van Cliff's fortress 5 times ever since early on morning, and I died every time due to the server crashing so I lost a bunch of exp. and repairs and potions for nothing. But that's probably just minimal to most people. But that's not the point I'm trying to prove here.

What I'm trying to say is that I wasted my time for nothing because apparently the company can't handle the connectivity issues with the game and I understand there are hard times to do it. However, for the players who became victims of these unfair occurrences, they received no compensations for their wasted efforts.

I don't know what else is there to say, but I know for certain that there are many people who spent money on this game deserve much better treatment even though the game is "free play". Many people treat this game as their long-term game and it's frustrating to see how things are handled right now. Every now and then there are always atrocious issues that happened in the game. It's ridiculous and very tiring, and it's also very unfair to many people.

Although this will be very harsh, but I'm going to say that I am glad I didn't invest money in this game but I do feel very bad for those who spent a ton of money in this game just to get these unfair treatments. Warpportal, get your act up together.

#38 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

What I'm about to say now will in fact be very direct and honest, but I don't know of any other ways of putting it, so here goes:

I did Van Cliff's fortress 5 times ever since early on morning, and I died every time due to the server crashing so I lost a bunch of exp. and repairs and potions for nothing. But that's probably just minimal to most people. But that's not the point I'm trying to prove here.

What I'm trying to say is that I wasted my time for nothing because apparently the company can't handle the connectivity issues with the game and I understand there are hard times to do it. However, for the players who became victims of these unfair occurrences, they received no compensations for their wasted efforts.

I don't know what else is there to say, but I know for certain that there are many people who spent money on this game deserve much better treatment even though the game is "free play". Many people treat this game as their long-term game and it's frustrating to see how things are handled right now. Every now and then there are always atrocious issues that happened in the game. It's ridiculous and very tiring, and it's also very unfair to many people.

Although this will be very harsh, but I'm going to say that I am glad I didn't invest money in this game but I do feel very bad for those who spent a ton of money in this game just to get these unfair treatments. Warpportal, get your act up together.

You're pointing blame in the wrong area. It's actually everything around warpportal. Their ISP seller, Barunson borking patches and last minute cut-backs, people not realizing their computers simply can't handle Dragon Saga, etc.

But warpportal themselves do work VERY quickly on responding and showing they are trying to fix issues.

#39 demonicheart

demonicheart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

you know ppl need to stop complaining...... they are trying to fix the problem. Not everything in this would is a quick fix, things take time.
Honestly some of the ppl in this world need to grow up :/

#40 demonicheart

demonicheart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

You're pointing blame in the wrong area. It's actually everything around warpportal. Their ISP seller, Barunson borking patches and last minute cut-backs, people not realizing their computers simply can't handle Dragon Saga, etc.

But warpportal themselves do work VERY quickly on responding and showing they are trying to fix issues.

You are absolutely correct ^^

#41 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:18 PM

yes its just a message stating you have been DC. People the gms are doing what they can to get the servers back on track give them time and pls be patient.
I'm sure they will find a way to repay all the players for the issue's that have happened.
Also for ppl that have not read all the messages here the gm is waiting for a response and will post in here as soon as he hears something.
ty for your time and courtesy.

Dragon Saga Player -"ForgiveMe"-

lols, wish I had been slightly more patient. I'm redownloading the game now. And forgive you for what? ;O

#42 demonicheart

demonicheart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

lols, wish I had been slightly more patient. I'm redownloading the game now. And forgive you for what? ;O

XD -ForgiveMe- is my in game name ^^

#43 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:24 PM

The lag is horrible, haha. I just tested my attack speed w/ ASPD stacking and w/o, and there's no difference at all, not even in a mostly empty PvE map.

Hopefully this problem will be fixed soon. ;O

same issue with my priest :/ x spam is awful enough as it is, but most keystrokes are wasteful at this point

#44 AppleEater

AppleEater

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:55 PM

I think that the main problem if this game would be the Lag, Which should be prioritized first above all else even patches, because with extreme lag like this even if we were to get new patches, say idk Drakos tower? we won't be able to do much with the lag being here anyways

#45 PieIsGood

PieIsGood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

If they wanted to fix problems they have been haivng for forever they woulda gotten a new server place, re-applied to a different ISP provider, etc. But they havent because what? It costs money. They try to fix it, and later on it breaks again, so what then? Nothing... just more fail :p_devil:

#46 Terryfic

Terryfic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

Warpportal is not going to fix the game any time soon, you can bet on that. They can't even have 3 days worth of smooth game play at all. The best thing to do is to look for a new game or look for another version of it. I'd stick with Gpotato's Dragonica if it wasn't for the time differences but whatever.

#47 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:00 PM

Server crash made me lose about 3 days worth of grinding in EXP. This is retarded. I will never his 65 at this rate lol.

Edited by Adept7, 29 November 2010 - 07:00 PM.

#48 deathheartxx44f

deathheartxx44f

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

Warpportal is not going to fix the game any time soon, you can bet on that. They can't even have 3 days worth of smooth game play at all. The best thing to do is to look for a new game or look for another version of it. I'd stick with Gpotato's Dragonica if it wasn't for the time differences but whatever.

Some people are fond of this version of the game (give or take), you know?

#49 AsheHeart

AsheHeart

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHicktown, Midwest

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:20 PM

If they wanted to fix problems they have been haivng for forever they woulda gotten a new server place, re-applied to a different ISP provider, etc. But they havent because what? It costs money. They try to fix it, and later on it breaks again, so what then? Nothing... just more fail :p_devil:

Alright, here's my two cents:

If you are having so many issues with this game, then find a new one that you can complain about. You must think that it is easy to fix server problems on a FTP server. Could you possibly think they might not have the funds to switch server hosting, or maybe they have a lot invested into it that it would be detrimental to the game or otherwise if they did switch. I personally don't work for this game or any others, but you have to realize how tough of a job they have anyway, without you people complaining that they aren't doing a good enough job to your standards. Like I said, if you have so many problems with this game that all you want to do is complain and slander the GMs and other employees of WarpPortal, then honestly, why are you still playing this game? I personally love the game and I'm sure many others do, and I don't appreciate you downing this game because of issues that happen with all games, regardless of frequency. At least they are trying to fix the issue and responded quickly to the problems that the players are having. I've played games where you would never ever hear from a GM about a problem. Yes this game has some horrible lag and disconnecting issues, I can't complete my job changing quest because of it. But I'm not complaining about how "they should change server hosting", or "they're never going to fix the problems". It's life. Stuff happens. Get over it. Or if you can't, don't play the game anymore. Seriously. Grow up a little. Anything with technology comes with issues. Everyone should know that, unless they are completely technologically illiterate, or that naive.

Now that my mini-rant is over. I really hope this is fixed soon. Thank you GMs and other employees for trying to fix the issue as quickly as possible.

#50 PieIsGood

PieIsGood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:04 AM

Alright, here's my two cents:

If you are having so many issues with this game, then find a new one that you can complain about. You must think that it is easy to fix server problems on a FTP server. Could you possibly think they might not have the funds to switch server hosting, or maybe they have a lot invested into it that it would be detrimental to the game or otherwise if they did switch. I personally don't work for this game or any others, but you have to realize how tough of a job they have anyway, without you people complaining that they aren't doing a good enough job to your standards. Like I said, if you have so many problems with this game that all you want to do is complain and slander the GMs and other employees of WarpPortal, then honestly, why are you still playing this game? I personally love the game and I'm sure many others do, and I don't appreciate you downing this game because of issues that happen with all games, regardless of frequency. At least they are trying to fix the issue and responded quickly to the problems that the players are having. I've played games where you would never ever hear from a GM about a problem. Yes this game has some horrible lag and disconnecting issues, I can't complete my job changing quest because of it. But I'm not complaining about how "they should change server hosting", or "they're never going to fix the problems". It's life. Stuff happens. Get over it. Or if you can't, don't play the game anymore. Seriously. Grow up a little. Anything with technology comes with issues. Everyone should know that, unless they are completely technologically illiterate, or that naive.

Now that my mini-rant is over. I really hope this is fixed soon. Thank you GMs and other employees for trying to fix the issue as quickly as possible.

I just loled at your whole fail wall of text. Guess what? Slander means a verbal defamation of character that means it is false. Even if it was false and degrading of WP then it would be libel NOT slander. I have more beef than that with your fail but ill get to the main part of the story. First off a game is only good if they listen to the players. Why do you ask? Well the game changes with demand ESPECIALLY an F2P mmorpg. If there is a smaller player base that shows the game is declining, just starting, or many other things but the game imo is pretty good... except new people won't like the fact that they dc and can't reconnect every few minutes. Thats a huge put off, and with the constant fail that happened, new people ain't joining soon. The player base is the thing that shows the producers the problem, if the problem isn't stressed and told, it wont be fixed. It'll be swept under the rug and idk about you but I think this is economics... The server is bad so the players won't join which means we don't get as much money and our current players are feeling like this is a waste of their time... what should we do? 1. upgrade or get a new server which costs money which could be spent else where but hope this increases our revenues by increasing the player base or 2. leave the server as it is because we think more players wont join anyway. There are probably more options than that but thats the meat of the problem. I could type up more but it isnt worth it to type more to u. good day

oh yea this i edited: most games don't have the player-gm contact probably because there are less problems to have to fix... like all of this

Edited by PieIsGood, 30 November 2010 - 01:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users