This game is empty - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

This game is empty

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#26 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:25 PM

How long are people suppose to keep checking in on this game? We are going into day 4 of rampant disconnects. How long are people suppose to wait to play this game? I don't believe new players are sticking with this game. Who plays for a few days and then gets hit with 4 days of disconnects and continues to play?
We'll see if this problem is ever resolved. Fix the server/ISP issues, don't give us an exp event or any kind of consolation gift, and we'll see how many people play on the weekend.
I used to really love this game. I used to defend THQ because with them Dragonica never had any issues. It was such a well put together game. I spent 8 months with my one main character and enjoyed every hour of play, going from 1-49 in 8 months. Earning my Magma sword, getting my 2nd job change.
Now everything is crap with warp portal. How can you take such a well put together game and turn it into a drooling mess?

#27 Endrance

Endrance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

How long are people suppose to keep checking in on this game? We are going into day 4 of rampant disconnects. How long are people suppose to wait to play this game? I don't believe new players are sticking with this game. Who plays for a few days and then gets hit with 4 days of disconnects and continues to play?
We'll see if this problem is ever resolved. Fix the server/ISP issues, don't give us an exp event or any kind of consolation gift, and we'll see how many people play on the weekend.
I used to really love this game. I used to defend THQ because with them Dragonica never had any issues. It was such a well put together game. I spent 8 months with my one main character and enjoyed every hour of play, going from 1-49 in 8 months. Earning my Magma sword, getting my 2nd job change.
Now everything is crap with warp portal. How can you take such a well put together game and turn it into a drooling mess?

Posted Image

#28 ilestdevil

ilestdevil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

This Gateway, lag, disconnect thing pretty much killed it for me. Was hoping to come back from when I stopped playing in Jan 2010. But the appeal is not there anymore. The players are gone and barely anyone online. While training or doing stuff the server would lag out. Even if the lag/dc's are fixed up, the gateway crap will fend off new comers. I have really no hope for this game.

#29 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

Posted Image

^Another internet douche who thinks he's clever because he responds with images.

#30 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

I can't believe 90% of the population in all of these forums still don't realize that DDoS attacks are not Gravity's fault. Yes, that is what's causing the mass DCing in all of Gravity's games.

#31 Kokaloo

Kokaloo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:28 PM

Oh my god
Go to school for, oh 4 to 8 years
Build up a company that is decently sized, much like WP
Get bashed because you get attacked by a DDoS?
You know what they do? Laugh at you because youre so damn ignorant
Oh and attempt to RESOLVE the issues, as they are currently doing

Edited by Kokaloo, 01 December 2010 - 08:28 PM.

#32 kensou2k8

kensou2k8

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

some of you supporters of WP are quite annoying, well all know its not their fault for getting attacked, but their response to inform us was slow as hell.

@Kokaloo
we all know WP worked hard to get to where they are to day .. but so fking what? just because you have success it does not mean you get lazy.. gezze. :) try to under stand both sides fan boys... don't-_- at the people complaining, in fact it should be encouraged so that we can get a faster response from WP

I just want to play, instead of reading countless BS from people who are just repeating the same s%^t, over and over.

#33 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:49 PM

I just want to play, instead of reading countless BS from people who are just repeating the same s%^t, over and over.

Stop reading and go play.

#34 Kokaloo

Kokaloo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:26 PM

some of you supporters of WP are quite annoying, well all know its not their fault for getting attacked, but their response to inform us was slow as hell.

@Kokaloo
we all know WP worked hard to get to where they are to day .. but so fking what? just because you have success it does not mean you get lazy.. gezze. :) try to under stand both sides fan boys... don't-_- at the people complaining, in fact it should be encouraged so that we can get a faster response from WP

Lol you assume theyre being lazy
Thats like me assuming youre being logical

#35 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:42 AM

who knows, maybe warpportal was doing everything to find out it wasnt their hardware or isp? maybe they were checking all other options before resorting to the possibility that they were attacked. they knew they were having problems before with their isp, and with their servers, they were being thorough as opposed to jumping to conclusions.

this game is great. i'd hate to see it die once more, again, give it a week and it should be fine... i have faith in you gravity US :)

#36 Legomancer

Legomancer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:01 AM

Just patiently waiting for the lag to die off personally. The population levels weren't that bad to me before the lag started spiking.

#37 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:09 AM

Just patiently waiting for the lag to die off personally. The population levels weren't that bad to me before the lag started spiking.

Its not bad even after the lags started. I've seen people around as i was trying to find a party with my lvl 22 Wizard. But for some reason everyone likes to play a MMORPG alone.
For years people have wished for a game where they can interact with other players world wide, but there wasn't such a thing as we played Mortal Kombat 3 in the 90s. But now that we actually have games where you can play with others, people tend to act cool pretending theyre Sephiroth and play alone.

#38 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:51 AM

Its not bad even after the lags started. I've seen people around as i was trying to find a party with my lvl 22 Wizard. But for some reason everyone likes to play a MMORPG alone.
For years people have wished for a game where they can interact with other players world wide, but there wasn't such a thing as we played Mortal Kombat 3 in the 90s. But now that we actually have games where you can play with others, people tend to act cool pretending theyre Sephiroth and play alone.

I'll never understand people like that. Sephiroth parties with Zack... In fact, most of the actual protagonists of the ff games have psychological issues, yet they are still able to find other characters to party with. Tao is absolutely right. It's an online game. Even if you barely talk and treat other players like they are AIs, there is no reason not to team up. It's faster, more efficient, and more fun. Wooh, that last part sounded like a Six Flags plug....

#39 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

I'll never understand people like that. Sephiroth parties with Zack... In fact, most of the actual protagonists of the ff games have psychological issues, yet they are still able to find other characters to party with. Tao is absolutely right. It's an online game. Even if you barely talk and treat other players like they are AIs, there is no reason not to team up. It's faster, more efficient, and more fun. Wooh, that last part sounded like a Six Flags plug....

My favorites are lvl 23 "pros" who leave parties because they have someone 5 levels under them while you in reality don't have that many people to choose to make parties with. Or people who leave in the middle of a MM run because that isnt the F they need. Some additional exp won't hurt you, retard.

I mean people are THERE but they are scattered all over the server on channels that aren't meant for their levels. If the channels were labeled properly we wouldn't have such a big issue with this. i still don't understand why is this the only version who received PSB that doesnt have labeled channels.

#40 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:30 AM

I'm usually partying with my roomie just about all the time I'm playing, so I can't really sympathize. I would however love more people to party with us but sometimes it's just so difficult to get the right people. A lot of people I run into can hardly speak english =[

#41 Jeoze

Jeoze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

My favorites are lvl 23 "pros" who leave parties because they have someone 5 levels under them while you in reality don't have that many people to choose to make parties with. Or people who leave in the middle of a MM run because that isnt the F they need. Some additional exp won't hurt you, retard.

I mean people are THERE but they are scattered all over the server on channels that aren't meant for their levels. If the channels were labeled properly we wouldn't have such a big issue with this. i still don't understand why is this the only version who received PSB that doesnt have labeled channels.

May I ask what channels are for what levels?

It's nice to see we at least have an active forum. That gives me hope.

#42 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:39 PM

Hurr I can't enjoy a game unless it's overpopulated

The opposite is far worse.

#43 grenadier42

grenadier42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCRAAAAWLING IIIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIN
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:yourmom

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:54 PM

^Another internet douche who thinks he's clever because he responds with images.

Posted Image

#44 Prometheus

Prometheus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:28 PM

First of all...you'd have to be gullible to believe whatever Gravity says is going on on their word.

1st it was because it was a 'new' game...let them get things nailed down...

Then it was a massive influx of new players at certain levels.

Then it was because they needed to 'optimize' things...

Then it was a construction accident that severed their connection to the ENTIRE WORLD... O-O (Ohhh-NOESSS111111!)

Then it was the infamous DR EVIL and his band of hackers!!!

(I am more inclined to blame it on Beavis & Butthead, their staff and incompetence myself)

I wait daily to see what new fantastic excuse Gravity & Company come up with next.

It's nothing if not entertaining...

#45 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:56 PM

First of all...you'd have to be gullible to believe whatever Gravity says is going on on their word.

Then it was a construction accident that severed their connection to the ENTIRE WORLD... O-O (Ohhh-NOESSS111111!)

(I am more inclined to blame it on Beavis & Butthead, their staff and incompetence myself)

I wait daily to see what new fantastic excuse Gravity & Company come up with next.

lols, I'm currently working on that 30 days without logging in medal!

#46 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

lols, I'm currently working on that 30 days without logging in medal!

DS would have to go completely down for me to even consider something like that, lol.

#47 SiriusTaupe

SiriusTaupe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

You make it sound like they're making WP crash on purpose. And that's just silly.

I honestly think Gravity's stuck in a gray area here: They don't want to shut down all of their game services (i.e. their main flow of income) while they fix the problem, but at the same time, latency issues are angering the players they've been hoping not to disappoint. And in the end, they have (at least with the Dragon Saga community; I haven't bothered to check the other games) the worst of both worlds. They're a good company though, so everything'll come around in the end.

Besides, Hastur's already taking steps with community events to bring some new faces to the game.

#48 ImNotATree

ImNotATree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationCreepers Closet

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:58 PM

You make it sound like they're making WP crash on purpose. And that's just silly.

I honestly think Gravity's stuck in a gray area here: They don't want to shut down all of their game services (i.e. their main flow of income) while they fix the problem, but at the same time, latency issues are angering the players they've been hoping not to disappoint. And in the end, they have (at least with the Dragon Saga community; I haven't bothered to check the other games) the worst of both worlds. They're a good company though, so everything'll come around in the end.

Besides, Hastur's already taking steps with community events to bring some new faces to the game.

When new faces appear, they'll most likely appear on the forums with Gateway problems. Get ready (:

#49 BronxDevil

BronxDevil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:46 PM

just as i stated in the low exp rate topic due to low exp and the gate way problems also lagg alot of ppl just havent been signing on or are just setting up shops or just chatting and nothing more due to all that has happend it will be alil tuff to find ppl to party with.

theres some ppl playing just look around might just get lucky and find some who are actully doing some runs
hopefully WP takes notice that they are 2 topics up about exp and now about how the game has not that many ppl on anymore maybe they will take some notice and let us know what is going on

Edited by BronxDevil, 04 December 2010 - 10:51 PM.

#50 Vinsanity808

Vinsanity808

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:52 PM

For Lavalon and Aram you can schedule parties on forums like I have with Aram. Lots of us were waiting around near Aram eariler tonight. Found couple of those who responded were there and the others made another party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users