[Event/Inactive] Shadow of the Moon Lunar New Year Quest - Page 5 - Guides and Quests - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Event/Inactive] Shadow of the Moon Lunar New Year Quest

• Please log in to reply
795 replies to this topic

#101 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:39 AM

#102 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:43 AM

4 equipment slots that don't otherwise matter, if at all, to be exact. Most of the shadow sets are "finishing touch" equipment, stuff to round out a build to be slightly more efficient; they aren't game changers. Then we have a shadow set that proposes to completely remove a status effect from play. PVM? Sure, fine, whatever, but this raises serious problems in PVP and WoE.

Along with the Ufro Shadow set is the sleep, stun, bleed,etc immunity shadow set and it wont get as much reaction as this, it wont be even called OP. You know why? I just stated it in my previous posts.

TE is a valid venue of PVP on iRO, if you aren't also taking it into consideration then you have just lost a lot of credibility in this discussion. Shadow sets are active in TE as far as I am aware so TE must be taken into account in any discussion regarding PVP/WoE balance.

Never said it wasnt valid, it was just not part of the argument i had with previous forumers since we were talking about Sura and SC

The point remains that jRO is better off for not following your "game as intended" naturalist argument, most of us know bad powercreep when we see it and we know what happens to servers that implement bad powercreep unchecked.

Read between the lines, its more of its hard to get things with kRO as it is. Additional features are well another thing.

And as for jRO, you're really comparing the balancing skills of jRO to iRO?

Also, you're taking things too literal when you even know what i mean.

They are certainly making a far better case than your naturalist argument, you're bringing forth dogmatic idealogy and personal dislike against numbercrunched facts and cold hard experience.

Then just share those "numbercrunched facts and cold hard experience" than saying "Hi im veteran,so you're arguement is invalid".

Really, there was no need to mention that when you have already presented reasonable arguments. Avoid that seriously.

#103 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:26 AM

Sorry but this looks like really small guild fights/ random pvp style woe inside random castles. Nothing you can compare to iRO woe scene and 150+ people in the same castle (and even in the same room) as we had yesterday in woe 2.0. That's why you can't apply everything kRO is using in our WOE environment, two different worlds,

#104 hanspcc

hanspcc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 04:05 AM

what does the unfro shadow set comprise of? cos for me even if we get it its acct bound thats good, and you give up some other bonus by getting that doesnt seem to be a problem, maybe only non vip accts will complain abt this cos fo me as a vip acct holder i definitely will feel vip status with this quest and btw its random so theres a chance that you might not get the whole set for the effect

#105 hanspcc

hanspcc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 04:21 AM

and oh btw how about letting us get kafra blossom cards while we celebrate lunar new year =)

#106 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 January 2016 - 04:43 AM

or remove woe sets and add these shadow sets (?)

Edited by Legendario2300, 24 January 2016 - 04:43 AM.

#107 jsquishy

jsquishy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:39 AM

At least fix the warlock chain lightning bug before u introduce another set of equip that make warlocks more useless

Thanks.

#108 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:55 AM

Sorry but this looks like really small guild fights/ random pvp style woe inside random castles. Nothing you can compare to iRO woe scene and 150+ people in the same castle (and even in the same room) as we had yesterday in woe 2.0. That's why you can't apply everything kRO is using in our WOE environment, two different worlds,

Some guild tend to go head to head when size differs. And other guild tend to not intervene. 

kRO WoE scene isn't small and just have different play style. There was big fuss about precast making WoE really boring and stall in kRO few years back(around 2013) and nowadays its more on the roaming PvP style(Disclaimer: Not every guild does). TE is quite popular and there are a lot more people participating. 

This is video of one of those Friendly WoE from kRO. All other guild left this out so they could go 1:1 to test their ability, and make it more enjoyable without flaming or hate towards other guilds. 

Environment is definitely different, but I was just showcasing how people adapting to this controversial shadow gear. Even if kRO scene looked smaller, just like how you can sample research on 100 people and put that into larger scheme, this works just the same.

Edited by CharAznable, 24 January 2016 - 06:01 AM.

#109 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:30 AM

I just wish we have kRO's loading screen. I love Korean's traditional dress, hanbok? I wonder if we will be getting the Hanbok bag this year!

#110 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:39 AM

If they implement this unfrozen shadow

+1 for MVP cards in cash shop.

The game is already a 1K.O party,i don't care if kRO can adapt,as i can see in this videos,kRO is just HIT AND RUN.

#111 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:40 AM

I just wish we have kRO's loading screen. I love Korean's traditional dress, hanbok? I wonder if we will be getting the Hanbok bag this year!

Here ya go. 

Spoiler

Edited by CharAznable, 24 January 2016 - 07:42 AM.

#112 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:44 AM

:p_love:  Thanksssss! <3

#113 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:24 AM

implement same as KRO/JRO please

#114 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:51 AM

as i can see in these videos,kRO is just HIT AND RUN.

That's what i was trying to say to CharAznable. I used to watch kRO woe videos, and other official servers' woe videos as well. Nowhere near iRO (kRO). All i see is a pvp approach, not really the guild vs guild concept we have here in iRO. Cause of this reason the stuff that can work in kRO (woe wise) would just cause some real damage to the already damaged woe scene in iRO.

#115 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:19 PM

That's what i was trying to say to CharAznable. I used to watch kRO woe videos, and other official servers' woe videos as well. Nowhere near iRO (kRO). All i see is a pvp approach, not really the guild vs guild concept we have here in iRO. Cause of this reason the stuff that can work in kRO (woe wise) would just cause some real damage to the already damaged woe scene in iRO.

I'm not going to drag this conversation any further than this since I won't meet agreement on certain things on this matter(because I really dislike the idea of custom configuration on MMO). But kRO slowly changed to roaming style. From late 2012~mid 2014, they were more similar to what iRO did. If you said iRO is more mass vs mass(concept wise) then that would've made more sense(I think Total War would be more suitable term for iRO style). What kRO does still comes out as guild vs guild as far as I'm concerned. Can't really argue which one is more efficient either since iRO never proved themselves as superior as other server on various international tournaments. 

Because there are far more op gear in kRO it actually makes more sense to go PvP route imo. Like someone else said, if game stays stale it will gradually bore people out. Changes like these could be a good thing in the long run. Its not always the best solution to avoid things just because immediate damage is huge. This is part of reason why I think Classic hasn't been successful. And I hate to see iRO renewal server follows the same path. 

Edited by CharAznable, 24 January 2016 - 12:21 PM.

#116 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:33 PM

Just saying, warpportal is gonna make no money from the unfrozen shadow set, if it doesn't work in WoE. It might as well not exist at that point, it has virtually no use outside of pvp/woe.

#117 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:34 PM

Just saying, warpportal is gonna make no money from the unfrozen shadow set, if it doesn't work in WoE. It might as well not exist at that point, it has virtually no use outside of pvp/woe.

Assuming the goal to release this itemthese items is purely for the money?

Edited by Nirvanna21, 24 January 2016 - 12:35 PM.

#118 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:35 PM

Assuming the goal to release this item is purely for the money?

That's the point of a business.

#119 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:36 PM

That's the point of a business.

So no other motive for releasing it you think? :hmm:

#120 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:47 PM

The Shadow set is definitely something that will make or break the game. This can further buff already overpowered classes making them much harder to take down/ stop and allowing them to amplify their offensive gears without any sacrifices (i.e 100 mdef gears), at the same time gimp other classes that are extremely useful for freezing/ crowd control.

Weighting on that, this is not something that should be implemented easily without very careful consideration.

The other thing to also consider is that you cannot break or divest shadow gears during WOE, no need for FCP, so some of these other MVP effects shadow gears are definitely not very wisely designed because there doesn't seems like any downside to having it. For every OP gears in the past, there is also a weakness... For the Shadow gears, kRO didn't seem to design them to have any flaws. They are far more powerful than PVM obtained cards/ gears at this point.

#121 hanspcc

hanspcc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:26 PM

everybody can get this btw, lol whats a 7usd a month subscription, thats just 1 less burger for this month to get vip so i dont see any reason for this not to be implemented, they should bring more quests like this for vip accts and make em all account bound so that rmt goes down the drain, they can make kafra blossom cards account bound haha

#122 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:55 PM

Because there are far more op gear in kRO it actually makes more sense to go PvP route imo. Like someone else said, if game stays stale it will gradually bore people out. Changes like these could be a good thing in the long run. Its not always the best solution to avoid things just because immediate damage is huge. This is part of reason why I think Classic hasn't been successful. And I hate to see iRO renewal server follows the same path. 

The reason i play renewal and not classic. And now people just want it to be stagnant and just want similar item effects with different sprites. Definitely gonna bore out people

#123 hanspcc

hanspcc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:01 PM

and also updates like this makes the game running, ever thought of a game that doesnt bring in new updates thru time? lol maybe mario bros on family com, you can play that it wont change or bring in any new stuff since it was made

and maybe gravity can think of making the really good gears or cards nxt time to become account bound that way the only way to get em is by really doing some sort of achievement

#124 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:17 PM

If kRO is gonna screw its customers from behind they could at least reach around and fix the 1000+ bugs and issues this game has. But they don't.

Edited by Toxn, 24 January 2016 - 03:17 PM.

#125 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:26 PM

If kRO is gonna screw its customers from behind they could at least reach around and fix the 1000+ bugs and issues this game has. But they don't.

They do that bru, only we get it the fix like 3-5 years later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users