Patch Notes: January 25, 2016 - Page 2 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes: January 25, 2016

148 replies to this topic

#26 crafter4epics

crafter4epics

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:22 PM

and 1pc in virtual just as we used too w/c is better for high end pc's unless you are playing others like Terms Of Service. i think what it's meant for preventing abuses

#27 Dattsun

Dattsun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:36 PM

balancing all classes is really problematic, has 3 years already passed? if we nerf crit, then the solution is to get more crit via hones gears or acce. pump pills also get you crit as % & pyramid back acce combo(currently not updated-cheny pyramid). BT classes in PVP will most likely not build pure INT. it's useless if you can 1 shot almost all classes except tanks. therefore, crit build for BT. BT is not affected by diminishing returns as dmg is & will more likely to be more & more as content & time goes. Compare that dmg to other classes or if i may ask anyone here, what is the highest BT dmg anyone has made?

crit build for everyone. this change will have likely more impact to BT since it needs a crit & also a crit from hide

this is seed balancing, like gold slot rune on offhand or max power/armor when you can't even get them due to rng (and yet some people do have them). Besides, agi is currently broken (you need more than 3k agi to reach 30% crit), I think it's not meant to solve 1 shot problem, but hey it's a start. 

Edited by Dattsun, 25 January 2016 - 06:46 PM.

#28 crafter4epics

crafter4epics

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:58 PM

this is seed balancing, like gold slot rune on offhand or max power/armor when you can't even get them due to rng (and yet some people do have them). Besides, agi is currently broken (you need more than 3k agi to reach 30% crit), I think it's not meant to solve 1 shot problem, but hey it's a start. 

thus, bypassing agi & targeting crit directly. as ive said, crit from hones from gears & acce. crit is diminishing returns, there is some formula here but for simplicity that 3k agi 30% crit but 4k will be around 35%crit 5k agi would be 37%crit, etc

#29 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:10 PM

thus, bypassing agi & targeting crit directly. as ive said, crit from hones from gears & acce. crit is diminishing returns, there is some formula here but for simplicity that 3k agi 30% crit but 4k will be around 35%crit 5k agi would be 37%crit, etc

I don't think many classes will be one-hitting anymore, I can think of two exceptions Rogue and Warrior.  It's possible Sin and Knight could do it, we will just have to see.

#30 TensaZangetsu01

TensaZangetsu01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationFallen Fortress
  • Server:Vanir

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:27 PM

Sure no diff to rogue
..used power 9 and 20%+ cls and still can 1 shot..now just need to roll power 18 above and get few more cls

#31 crafter4epics

crafter4epics

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:48 PM

I don't think many classes will be one-hitting anymore, I can think of two exceptions Rogue and Warrior.  It's possible Sin and Knight could do it, we will just have to see.

they are still imbalanced compared to the dmg of other classes. for computation 2% pvp inc each is decreased(from 5% to 3%) so 5x in acce, 3pcs in eddga, 2 for seren boots & another 1 most likely pants & lastly 2 for weap. 5 3 2 1 2 = 13 x 2%inc = 26%. that's roughly the same as but minimal when pvp runes can't be placed from acce but +80 runes: 5acce x 5pvp inc = 25%. they were 1-shotting before even if target was a tank. if i had the time later i would check but for a prior conclusion, i would say they can't 1-shot tanks anymore but still for nontank classes. furthermore, they have 2 skills that can 1 shot- grimtooth & cross & any player wouldn't notice quickcast of these 2 skills except lagging attackers.

#32 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:55 PM

they are still imbalanced compared to the dmg of other classes. for computation 2% pvp inc each is decreased(from 5% to 3%) so 5x in acce, 3pcs in eddga, 2 for seren boots & another 1 most likely pants & lastly 2 for weap. 5 3 2 1 2 = 13 x 2%inc = 26%. that's roughly the same as but minimal when pvp runes can't be placed from acce but +80 runes: 5acce x 5pvp inc = 25%. they were 1-shotting before even if target was a tank. if i had the time later i would check but for a prior conclusion, i would say they can't 1-shot tanks anymore but still for nontank classes. furthermore, they have 2 skills that can 1 shot- grimtooth & cross & any player wouldn't notice quickcast of these 2 skills except lagging attackers.

Dude...seriously? what did you just say?

#33 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:03 PM

Why talk about nerfing crit for everyone when it's only crit in a few classes that are the issue? Nerfing crit is a sloppy band-aid. Nerf the specific imbalanced skills please, no more blanket solutions. The last time people cried out for a blanket crit nerf, they nerfed Agi (which didn't even touch the crit achieved by BT/Int, derp). By blanket nerfing Agi, the ranger doesn't dodge or crit hardly atall (unless you focus on those functions with cards/hones/runes). Agi wasn't the issue in the first place. Haven't we learned from that yet? Seems not. Now Agi is over nerfed to the point that few even take it with skill points anymore... and people are asking for more blanket nerfs? Please no... Just fix the specific instances where the issue is occurring, and keep in mind the fixes for PvP need to still leave viable characters to function in PvE. Imho, the devs are just not able to balance PvP and PvE variables, as of yet. They keep looking for broad solutions to specific problems. Please don't encourage them to do that. Please be specific.

And why isn't anyone upset about this? It looks to me like adding MORE RNG!

(The punchers and removers in particular) More RNG just makes me so sad.....

I'm tired of rolling and getting what I don't need in too many aspects of the game.

Why not keep the items in Kafra shop AND add to Cheny vendor? KP would sell.

I will buy KP for non-rng items only. I will never buy KP to RNG anything, ever. . .

Some items are moving from the Kafra Shop to the Cheny Vendor

Edited by Maxscha, 25 January 2016 - 09:25 PM.

#34 Sinister21

Sinister21

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:09 PM

is the maintenance done?? can anyone please tell me.. thanks

#35 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:20 PM

As of 1/26/16 at 01:00 server time,

the login server is still offline. :dotdotdot:

Check here for status updates. . .

http://67.212.74.2/cached/iro2.php

Sometimes the page doesn't load

properly; just refresh till it does. . .

Edit: updated time & date again.

Edit:

It's up as of 1:27! :p_idea:

Edited by Maxscha, 26 January 2016 - 12:31 AM.

#36 le9olas

le9olas

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:45 PM

no more name change ....  :p_sick:  :p_sick:  :p_sick:

#37 Dattsun

Dattsun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:06 PM

Why talk about nerfing crit for everyone when it's only crit in a few classes that are the issue? Nerfing crit is a sloppy band-aid. Nerf the specific imbalanced skills please, no more blanket solutions. The last time people cried out for a blanket crit nerf, they nerfed Agi (which didn't even touch the crit achieved by BT/Int, derp). By blanket nerfing Agi, the ranger doesn't dodge or crit hardly atall (unless you focus on those functions with cards/hones/runes). Agi wasn't the issue in the first place. Haven't we learned from that yet? Seems not. Now Agi is over nerfed to the point that few even take it with skill points anymore... and people are asking for more blanket nerfs? Please no... Just fix the specific instances where the issue is occurring, and keep in mind the fixes for PvP need to still leave viable characters to function in PvE. Imho, the devs are just not able to balance PvP and PvE variables, as of yet. They keep looking for broad solutions to specific problems. Please don't encourage them to do that. Please be specific.

And why isn't anyone upset about this? It looks to me like adding MORE RNG!

(The punchers and removers in particular) More RNG just makes me so sad.....

I'm tired of rolling and getting what I don't need in too many aspects of the game.

Why not keep the items in Kafra shop AND add to Cheny vendor? KP would sell.

I will buy KP for non-rng items only. I will never buy KP to RNG anything, ever. . .

yeah, without gold rune slot on offhand rangers get the short end of the stick yet again...

#38 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:15 PM

yeah, without gold rune slot on offhand rangers get the short end of the stick yet again...

I don't mind, personally, I always thought it was fair to either give everyone an offhand to rune or to remove runes from off-hands altogether

I actually prefer no off-hands because I dislike being obliged to acquire an additional piece of gear in the first place. This'll suffice, however.

I want to play a fair game. I will happily take losses if the game gains in fairness. I look forward to more adjustments that result in fair play...

https://forums.warpp...th-main-weapon/

Cheers! :archer:

Edited by Maxscha, 25 January 2016 - 10:53 PM.

#39 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:55 PM

I don't mind, personally, I always thought it was fair to either give everyone an offhand to rune or to remove runes from off-hands altogether

I actually prefer no off-hands because I dislike being obliged to acquire an additional piece of gear in the first place. This'll suffice, however.

I want to play a fair game. I will happily take losses if the game gains in fairness. I look forward to more adjustments that result in fair play...

https://forums.warpp...th-main-weapon/

Cheers! :archer:

Here's the really crappy part, Quivers are only offhand that can't be refined or honed.  Another complaint from 2+ years ago.

#40 Rompe

Rompe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:56 PM

now remove some slots Eddga Set

#41 RlDER

RlDER

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationDarkside of the moon

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:06 PM

Even though most might hate the recent nerfs because of losing their OPness, I think balancing was a necessary change. I agree with Maxscha about nerfing imbalanced classes and skills specifically rather than making a common nerf because it won't fix the imbalance at all, since underplayed classes will also suffer from a common nerf. 

I personally like that some items are moved from Kshop to Cheny. KP players are able to buy diamonds already so they won't be affected by it and it gives non-KP players a chance to obtain certain items, even if they have to work for it. I'd like to see 30 day VIP available in Cheny and I hope it will be considered so that it doesn't remain a cash exclusive item. On the bright side, the game becomes less p2w and hopefully that brings new players. 

#42 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:07 PM

Here's the really crappy part, Quivers are only offhand that can't be refined or honed.  Another complaint from 2+ years ago.

Yeah, well, that too, ofc. All that should be removed from off-hands and put fairly in weapons only.

(Remember when you could refine quivers, and people did, even tho it resulted in no bonuses, lol.)

That's why I'd prefer no off-hands for anyone or off-hands with equal bonus potential for everyone.

Totally agree with the tally you point out. I wish the devs paid such attention to their own creation.

@ Rider

That's a fair point (buying with diamonds); however, I hope the needed items are added to Cheny

individually, and not in a box that may/may-not drop the item you wanted to buy in the first place.

It looked to me like they were adding a box that will randomly drop the items that kafra had sold.

It's not buying with diamonds that bothered me, it's the suggestion that I'd have to RNG for a RR.

*plays game anyways*

Edit:

It's up as of 1:27! :p_idea:

Edited by Maxscha, 26 January 2016 - 12:47 AM.

#43 Sinister21

Sinister21

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:19 AM

still not up yet...

#44 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:25 AM

Wanted List scrolls need to be activated within 5m of the vendor they are purchased from.

We'll make a note of this.

#45 walk3r

walk3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationHeaven in Hell

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:37 AM

hahaha so many butthurt on BT lol

just want to point out BT was not at thing till they implement honing system, bind rune and the ridiculous stat card. 

back then we happily play our war/knight with agi + sonata card set and serious im happy with this build i can tank i can dps.

any war or knight can easily hit 3k int thx to the thing the implement  

yes i play both BT class

same goes to sin/rogue they cant really 1 hit KO tank back then but thx to honing system and cls atk 

now hardly survive a grim/moonlight yoooo 

and the pvp they claim now is very easy (hide > atk > run combat end > hide > atk > repeat) LOL this is pvp nowadays or atleast in PF/MF 

yes i play sin as well 

if they want to nerf this and nerf that whats the point of implement something and yet u nerf them later on?

#46 duenL

duenL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:45 AM

Give me back my shirt pls T^T

Attached Images

• 1453800850878.jpg

#47 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:51 AM

AA5T7ub.png

why empty mail? because of empty runehole? lol...

#48 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:52 AM

Give me back my shirt pls T^T

i heard you need to remove the rune and reload until all the runes removed you will get your shirt back

#49 Artsy357

Artsy357

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:16 AM

Wow WP fail again. My seeds multiplied... goodjob -_-

There is a bug with this "mail back" of runes. Certain classes it appears, for some odd reason, this fix method turns your shirt slot into a random rune item. If you put that rune item from the shirt slot in your bag and relog, your shirt re-appears as normal and the rune that was in the slot, that you moved to bag still exists.

Now go check your mail and you will see the system tried to mail you the same rune. You can't accept that rune from the mail, but if you mail the original rune that replaced your shirt slot to a different character, you can now claim the rune in your mailbox that the system sent you, effectively netting you 2x of w/e rune it was. For me it was a Flame [12]. I think the rune type might be different per character, as there is a screen on here of a priest with a +__ int rune as their shirt slot instead. 

:p_sad:

Edit:

There also appears to be either a error in the rewards with new "Most wanted list" scroll item rewards. The one for Lurker Fly in east mt. mjolnir costs 11 diamonds but says it only rewards 8 on completion.  After actually doing it I can confirm, it only gives 8 diamonds. I thought they were supposed to give more back so you gain diamonds doing them? The one for Red Thiefbug only costs 6 and rewards 14. Please check this.

Also, Lloyd is in Izlude Hill as well as prontera, and apparently you have to activate the scrolls within 5m of the npc you bought them from, not just any Lloyd :(

Edited by Artsy357, 26 January 2016 - 04:10 AM.

#50 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:58 AM

qIjA9wy.jpg

Not halved, time to get 75% haste Warrior build. Bashing for days...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users