#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:03 AM

Update Notes for Pegasus

For those who may be unfamiliar with Pegasus, that is the name of the test server for ROSE Online. New updates are implemented on this server first so the ROSE Team can look at how changes they are making will play out once it is live. This helps them iron out any issues that may occur before it goes onto the live server and tweak these changes as may be necessary.

Currently, there are some rather big changes being added to Pegasus, and these changes will be joining the live server soon. The main focus of this update has been balance as you will see with the overhaul to the buffing system in particular. Many other aspects of ROSE had to be updated as a result of these adjustments as well.

Other exciting new additions include the new PvP training area Junon Cartel, and the introduction of the Elemental System, in which monsters you fight with elements will affect the amount of damage you do them or they do to you! ​

Here is a brief overview of the changes to look for when testing on the Pegasus server at this time. This information will be updated with changes as they occur. 

Skill Updates

- The biggest update to come to ROSE Online is to the skills. Buffs will now be percentage based. This allows for buffs to make your character stronger in abilities that are their strength, while not making them overpowered in skills their class is otherwise not strong in.

- Various adjustments have been made to a number of skills due to the impact these updates will have on gameplay and skills. Many common tree requirements were removed to allow for increased build flexibility and potential for example. You will also see some adjustment in debuffs and cool downs for the same reason.

Status Effects

Damage over Time (DoT) and Heal over Time (HoT) effects will see the following updates:

- Damage over Time effects will be able to critically hit and kill mobs and other characters. 

- Since DoTs will be able to scale with stat growth, the impact of these effects can now be reduced by a target's defenses. 

- HoT's will obtain true Heal over Time effects. 

- Taunt now forces the affected target to focus on the caster for the duration of the taunt effect.  In the instance of PvP, a knight could use taunt on an enemy and the affected character will be unable to target any other character but that Knight for the duration of the Taunt affect.

- We've also added support in the Game Arena PvP Modes, to track damage taken from taunted players, which will be counted for the caster as participation for assuming their role as a tank, protecting their team.

Elemental System

- The elemental system has been activated! Monsters, defense and attack will be affected by the elemental system. 

- Skills with these elements will be stronger or weaker depending on the element of the monster you are using them on. 

- You will be able to enchant your weapon, ammo and armor with elemental upgrades! 

- The new Elements are as follows:

Sorcery.png Sorcery
Fire.png Fire
Water.png Water
Earth.png Earth
Wind.png Wind  
Holy.png Holy
Poison.png Poison
Ghost1.png Ghost

Paradigm Runes

- Paradigm Runes are going to be a new unique addition to your arsenal. These runes can be placed in to designated slots on equipment or weapons, with a new feature that allows you to empower them to become stronger. This can be done with rune by itself, and even with the rune in the weapon or equipment piece! No need to separate it from the item.

- Empowering a rune will require materials that may be obtained through various means, relating to how the Paradigm Rune was obtained. (Honor Shop, Valor Shop, Dungeon drop, etc.) 

- The Empowerment function necessary to upgrade Paradigm Runes is offered by [Battle Merchant] Rena, located in the PvP district of Junon Polis.

Junon Cartel

Junon Cartel is a PvP training area designed to give you a way to test your abilities against other players under Game Arena PvP conditions.

- Players entering this zone will be wiped of buffs, and no buffs or items will be allowed while they are in the area.

- Junon Cartel will be the Game Arena conditioned equivalent of the Training Grounds. 

- Junon Cartel can be entered by speaking to [Righteous Crusader] Gawain in Junon Polis.

UI Updates

- Commas have been added to break up Zulie numbers. For example: "1,000,000." 

- The currently selected item in a player's vendor buy list is now highlighted with a red border.

#2 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:draconis

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:12 PM

Junon Cartel

Junon Cartel is a PvP training area designed to give you a way to test your abilities against other players under Game Arena PvP conditions.

- Players entering this zone will be wiped of buffs, and no buffs or items will be allowed while they are in the area.

- Junon Cartel will be the Game Arena conditioned equivalent of the Training Grounds. 

- Junon Cartel can be entered by speaking to [Righteous Crusader] Gawain in Junon Polis.

@Dragonlark please check my suggestion about Junon Cartel on Class Rep Section..Thank you!

#3 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

@Dragonlark please check my suggestion about Junon Cartel on Class Rep Section..Thank you!

Checking out the post. There actually some more changes in the works that will be added later as well, this is just the current updates that are live in Pegasus right now. 

#4 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:04 PM

Status Effects

- Taunt now forces the affected target to focus on the caster for the duration of the taunt effect.  In the instance of PvP, a knight could use taunt on an enemy and the affected character will be unable to target any other character but that Knight for the duration of the Taunt affect.

Clarification, does this mean you can't move or run away from Knight once taunted?

Edited by kumpiakot, 17 February 2016 - 04:05 PM.

#5 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:06 PM

You can move and run away from a Knight once they use taunt on your character, you just can't attack another target until the effect wears off. 

#6 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:05 PM

There seems to be some bugs. I have missing icons, and I can continuously summon an invisible something. Also, I think there are Rubber Ducks in my consume tab, and I can just continuously click on them, as if to consume, but it does nothing. Buff potions can be spammed

Strange things so far.

Edited by Banrukai, 18 February 2016 - 01:05 PM.

#7 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:54 AM

1: Missing Icons: Are capable of being produced by the new items or items being moved during an item XML update that happened on live, but was not patched into Pegasus. They won't carry over as 'bugged' items when the update is applied. 

2: Continuously summoning something invisible. Is this being summoned by an item, skill or what. Some more details can help fix that.

3: Ducks, Probably are. Won't have to worry about that carrying over though.

4: Buff potions have always been able to be spammed? That, or if they're not proc'ing the global item cooldown, then it's just a setting that's missing from them. 

#8 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:09 AM

Yea, It was a bunch of small stuff.

2. I think it is the moldie summon from the 10th anniversary.

4. This is entirely possible. 

As for the DoT's, they are working great, and I love it lol. But we need a warlock class, with a ton of DoT's / status downs. Maybe a 3rd class option for Mage

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:14 AM

If it's the moldie summon then that's why. The 10th Anniversary items are not applied to the Pegasus server, same with the latest LS sets. 

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:56 AM

@Lark, you forgot to include that Mana Shield + Mana Barrier now have their own HP bars in the UI section. 

Edited by Feuer, 20 February 2016 - 04:56 AM.

#11 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:02 AM

@Lark, you forgot to include that Mana Shield + Mana Barrier now have their own HP bars in the UI section. 

Which is awesome

#12 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:52 PM

any links to DL pega? i think mine is broken.. it freezes when i click start

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:49 AM

https://download.ros...atch_latest.zip

That's the link for the pre-installed client, simply extract it with WinZip, 7Zip or WinRAR and launch the game like normal. 

#14 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:10 AM

Stuck at "Waiting...". Anyone on Pegasus right now to confirm?

#15 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:19 AM

That's one ugly interface. It must be an experimental interface. And if it is experimental, it is meant to not be mentioned in update notes.

If it's not, then it's indeed ugly. I'd rather want a dark blue bar overlapping/mask the entirety of the HP bar. But the extra UI? lol

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 25 February 2016 - 12:20 AM.

#16 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:25 AM

It's no different than a mana bar ui placed under the HP bar ui. I know I could personally edit the UI to have different bar display settings, which means Genesis can do it as well. 

And it is a beta server, not everything on it is finalized. 

#17 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:18 AM

So, Bow scout's debuffs are no longer affected by CHA and DEX. And Stat buffs are no longer affected by CHA and main stats as well. Interesting.

#18 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:46 AM

^ Correct. It allows bows to remain stable in their statuses and devote their AP to Damage and Survival instead of spending them on it for control. 

#19 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:30 PM

My plans are now ruined.

#20 kikhy90

kikhy90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Arua

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:31 PM

Will Charm and Int still improve the +stats on all cleric buffs, or will their buffs just have the base % once the buff is max level?

Will Charm and Int both still effect their heals the same as they do currently?

:waddle:

#21 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:22 PM

No Class +Stat buff scales anymore with CHA or class stat modifiers [STR on Soldier etc]

All buffs [that aren't a passive like the Scouts Critical Rating raid buff] will scale the secondary % based on CHA and Class Stat modifier. 

Example:

Attack 15% + x% [where x% is increase by CHA + STR on a Soldier]

Healing is still increased via CHA and INT on a Cleric. 

Edited by Feuer, 29 February 2016 - 10:22 PM.

#22 kikhy90

kikhy90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:01 AM

No Class +Stat buff scales anymore with CHA or class stat modifiers [STR on Soldier etc]

All buffs [that aren't a passive like the Scouts Critical Rating raid buff] will scale the secondary % based on CHA and Class Stat modifier. 

Example:

Attack 15% + x% [where x% is increase by CHA + STR on a Soldier]

Healing is still increased via CHA and INT on a Cleric. 

So the +stat on buffs, from additional Charm and class Stat will just be replaced by a +%? Isn't that nearly the same as the +stat, just in a different form? It depends on how high people will be able to get the +%, when they have max Charm and class Stat, right? Do you know how high the additional(not base) +% will be able to go, for example, on the Dex hawker buff?

I'm sorry for all the questions, I just want to know specifically, because the original posts description is very vague to me  :waddle:  :waddle:  :waddle: (I haven't been on Pegasus either).

#23 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:34 AM

the % changes on buffs are mainly intended to slow leveling down to a reasonable speed - with good statbuffers can you skip so many stages of the game which is not intended!

#24 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:56 AM

Ok let's clear up some terms before we proceed. 

Stat Buff: +DEX / +STR / +INT / +CON / +SEN / +[all stat]

Buff: +Attack Power / +Defense / +Dodge etc

Stat Buffs do not scale with your chars stats/eq. Meaning at skill

level 1, you'd get +3 DEX from the DEX buff.

level 5, you'd get +15 DEX from the DEX buff.

Having 10 CHA or 1,000 CHA, you'll only get +15 at skill level 5.

Buffs: are now as follows

%a + %b

So an AP buff might be

15% Attack Power + 45.7% Attack Power

%a : is SET and can only change from skill level [if the skill allows it to scale that way

%b : is dynamic. This means it will increase based on your characters stats [CHA + ClassStat]

You seem very curious about the changes, so why not get on and test them yourself? You'll be able to answer your own questions much faster than posting them here. Is there some type of issue with the client or installer for you, or bug we or the DEV's need to fix? [client side or server] 

Edited by Feuer, 01 March 2016 - 10:57 AM.

#25 kikhy90

kikhy90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:31 AM

Ok let's clear up some terms before we proceed. 

Stat Buff: +DEX / +STR / +INT / +CON / +SEN / +[all stat]

Buff: +Attack Power / +Defense / +Dodge etc

Stat Buffs do not scale with your chars stats/eq. Meaning at skill

level 1, you'd get +3 DEX from the DEX buff.

level 5, you'd get +15 DEX from the DEX buff.

Having 10 CHA or 1,000 CHA, you'll only get +15 at skill level 5.

Buffs: are now as follows

%a + %b

So an AP buff might be

15% Attack Power + 45.7% Attack Power

%a : is SET and can only change from skill level [if the skill allows it to scale that way

%b : is dynamic. This means it will increase based on your characters stats [CHA + ClassStat]

You seem very curious about the changes, so why not get on and test them yourself? You'll be able to answer your own questions much faster than posting them here. Is there some type of issue with the client or installer for you, or bug we or the DEV's need to fix? [client side or server] 

I was asking to clarify for a friend and myself  :p_smile:

So yes, the "+Buff" is just being switched for "%b". The misunderstanding for us was that we were not sure if "Stat Buffers" would still be as relevant as they are now. I guess they will be, if you enter Training Grounds, but not in the new PVP zone they're adding; unless you keep them at the spawn points inside the new zone of course, so you can still receive the max "Stat Buffs / %b Buffs".  :waddle: There's no issue, I just wanted clarification on here  :wave:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users