March 3rd Classic Maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

March 3rd Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#51 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:40 PM

The horns never had it fyi

#52 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:46 PM

I'm all for making active greed available. There should be a set required to do it to make people chose between greed or cheap healing (wph)/massive damage (accessories)/ free sp (armor).

#53 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:53 PM

From what I understand Hocus should still be buffed, its been quite a few months since I last ran a party however and it may have been hit by the random weird rollbacks from a few months ago.

I'm all for making active greed available. There should be a set required to do it to make people chose between greed or cheap healing (wph)/massive damage (accessories)/ free sp (armor).

I'm all for it under a similar set of requirements to this. Right now WPH is basically standard gear for PvM, make people have to choose (or gear swap) to benefit from both. I'm not sure you need to make people give up accessories AND healing AND armor. But one or two of them seems reasonable, if you added in some interesting acquisition method it could be a fun new addition.

Edited by Themes, 03 March 2016 - 02:55 PM.

#54 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:00 PM

that weird rollback also rebuffed guardians

#55 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:01 PM

Guys slims are retardly easy to obtain because gsbs. Our LK's farm gsbs using slims to enjoy the poring hat that procs greed. WPH is more of a tool for begginners i guess.

#56 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:06 PM

Maybe enable greed when using the cursed set lol.

#57 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:11 PM

Hocus went through periods of being buffed, perhaps it's been undone. Paging Campitor.

According to CM Campitor, no changes have been made.

#58 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:17 PM

Yeah he said that when gsb box rates got dropped + other random reverted changes!

#59 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:21 PM

Edited by eboaroli, 03 March 2016 - 03:28 PM.

#60 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:31 PM

AEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"It's cool it's favorable." by Xandy

#61 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:34 PM

It would be even more cool and favorable if maintenance was over by now but they got lots of work to do  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#62 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

From what I understand Hocus should still be buffed, its been quite a few months since I last ran a party however and it may have been hit by the random weird rollbacks from a few months ago.

I'm all for it under a similar set of requirements to this. Right now WPH is basically standard gear for PvM, make people have to choose (or gear swap) to benefit from both. I'm not sure you need to make people give up accessories AND healing AND armor. But one or two of them seems reasonable, if you added in some interesting acquisition method it could be a fun new addition.

Set requirement is huge. I'm not suggesting that it be quite that extensive, but there should be some "sacrifice" for wearing it. Even a garment+one accessory would be huge. 

#63 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

HUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#64 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:37 PM

Set requirement is huge. I'm not suggesting that it be quite that extensive, but there should be some "sacrifice" for wearing it. Even a garment+one accessory would be huge. 

Hell with this, I'll just pay 2 win with scrolls. Actual gameplay is overrated, power to the wallet!

#65 Meiji

Meiji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:38 PM

Here's my list of things I'd like to see considered for Classic:

Updated/fixed descriptions of gears. There are too many equips that just have plain wrong information, missing information, typos, or information that's only relevant to renewal. It's a big project, but it would make the game look more polished if everything were accurate. This is something the community can probably even help with, because it'd be a lot to ask for how few people work on this server.

Updated/culled quests. This game is kind of bloated with quests that no one will bother to do anymore, either because they're too difficult with too few rewards, or there's just no point in doing them. Some dungeons are prohibitively difficult to get into (Nameless, Robot Factory) and most people either don't bother going or just use a warp scroll. In this game where most players have multiple characters, I'd love to see an overhaul of the way quests are handled. Maybe make some entrance quests work for the whole account rather than just individual characters with an account-bound quest reward.

WoE 2.0 castles. Too many castles for too small a population, and makes the server bloated with items like yggberries and OCAs. OCAs are especially bad, because not only do they give us more miniboss cards than we need, they devalue every other card that isn't MVP.

Janeway update. I'd love to see something a bit more involved than just pure killcounts. Give players more of a choice of what turn-ins to do, and give different rewards for different monsters. It doesn't make sense to have a "one size fits all" quest when every class has different strengths. At least have different paths for melee, full support, ranged and magic classes. Don't make new players rely on parties to get through the early quests, because we don't have the active population to support them. Overhaul some monster spawns if you have to--there are so many maps that don't get used anymore that would be perfect for newbies with a few tweaks. I'd love to see kill counts/quests in old leveling places like graveyard, prison, stings, castle, dark frames, sohees, argiopes, mi gaos, leaf cats, etc. One of the saddest things about this game is the number of maps and dungeons that go completely ignored because they're useless. Having a variety helps new players learn more than just a handful of monsters and maps. You could also update the drops of the monsters to make them more worthwhile to newbies, like strawberries and oranges were added to some monsters already. Then again, maybe I'm kidding myself thinking this game could appeal to new players. Most of us that stick around have been playing a while lol.

Regular GM events. They don't have to be every day. Once a week or something it would be nice to have a monster invasion or a give-away or a contest of some kind. Something to get whoever's active at the time to come and gather and play together. Public GM interaction is almost zero right now, and I feel it would go a long way to feeling like we're being paid attention to.

Raffler event. Discuss prizes beforehand, but we could use a zeny sink. It's also a good place for active people to gather and talk. 

Fixed drop rates. Some items are less than card drop rate, and I'm of the opinion that nothing should be lower than card drop rate.

Permanent Storage Expansion option

Other ideas I'd like to +1:

Lighter Ranked Blues - Yup

New Incentives for VIP - Maybe some free kafra consumables you can get once a day, or something--worth discussing

WoE type BG for mid week pvp play/training - I'm for anything that gets active people playing together with people outside their friend/guild groups.

For any and all projects that require discussion, I ask that there be an individual thread, and that the thread stay moderated to avoid going off topic. Throwing out ideas in patch note threads is a good way to clutter things up and have good posts be ignored. This forum has a huge organization problem sometimes when it comes to discussing new ideas.

#66 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:42 PM

What about more volunteer / event runner events in game? Oda will give out prizes for ppl to run those, just not kshop items (and I learned my lesson about giving out personal ones I guess lmao)

#67 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:51 PM

What about more volunteer / event runner events in game? Oda will give out prizes for ppl to run those, just not kshop items (and I learned my lesson about giving out personal ones I guess lmao)

That would have been nice..

#68 Meiji

Meiji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:55 PM

I'm for those too. There's just too little to do for those that don't PvM often but still want to play. PvP is expensive, BG takes a lot to get going and is often farmed. I wanna hang out with cool dudes dangit.

#69 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:57 PM

Here's my list of things I'd like to see considered for Classic:

Updated/fixed descriptions of gears. There are too many equips that just have plain wrong information, missing information, typos, or information that's only relevant to renewal. It's a big project, but it would make the game look more polished if everything were accurate. This is something the community can probably even help with, because it'd be a lot to ask for how few people work on this server.

Updated/culled quests. This game is kind of bloated with quests that no one will bother to do anymore, either because they're too difficult with too few rewards, or there's just no point in doing them. Some dungeons are prohibitively difficult to get into (Nameless, Robot Factory) and most people either don't bother going or just use a warp scroll. In this game where most players have multiple characters, I'd love to see an overhaul of the way quests are handled. Maybe make some entrance quests work for the whole account rather than just individual characters with an account-bound quest reward.

WoE 2.0 castles. Too many castles for too small a population, and makes the server bloated with items like yggberries and OCAs. OCAs are especially bad, because not only do they give us more miniboss cards than we need, they devalue every other card that isn't MVP.

Janeway update. I'd love to see something a bit more involved than just pure killcounts. Give players more of a choice of what turn-ins to do, and give different rewards for different monsters. It doesn't make sense to have a "one size fits all" quest when every class has different strengths. At least have different paths for melee, full support, ranged and magic classes. Don't make new players rely on parties to get through the early quests, because we don't have the active population to support them. Overhaul some monster spawns if you have to--there are so many maps that don't get used anymore that would be perfect for newbies with a few tweaks. I'd love to see kill counts/quests in old leveling places like graveyard, prison, stings, castle, dark frames, sohees, argiopes, mi gaos, leaf cats, etc. One of the saddest things about this game is the number of maps and dungeons that go completely ignored because they're useless. Having a variety helps new players learn more than just a handful of monsters and maps. You could also update the drops of the monsters to make them more worthwhile to newbies, like strawberries and oranges were added to some monsters already. Then again, maybe I'm kidding myself thinking this game could appeal to new players. Most of us that stick around have been playing a while lol.

Regular GM events. They don't have to be every day. Once a week or something it would be nice to have a monster invasion or a give-away or a contest of some kind. Something to get whoever's active at the time to come and gather and play together. Public GM interaction is almost zero right now, and I feel it would go a long way to feeling like we're being paid attention to.

Raffler event. Discuss prizes beforehand, but we could use a zeny sink. It's also a good place for active people to gather and talk. 

Fixed drop rates. Some items are less than card drop rate, and I'm of the opinion that nothing should be lower than card drop rate.

Permanent Storage Expansion option

Other ideas I'd like to +1:

Lighter Ranked Blues - Yup

New Incentives for VIP - Maybe some free kafra consumables you can get once a day, or something--worth discussing

WoE type BG for mid week pvp play/training - I'm for anything that gets active people playing together with people outside their friend/guild groups.

For any and all projects that require discussion, I ask that there be an individual thread, and that the thread stay moderated to avoid going off topic. Throwing out ideas in patch note threads is a good way to clutter things up and have good posts be ignored. This forum has a huge organization problem sometimes when it comes to discussing new ideas.

We have a pretty good model for the first project in the item description update group. Folks like RitchieDagger are helping to get descriptions in the Renewal standardized and corrected. We're working with them on a shared google doc. 

#70 Naman18Tandon

Naman18Tandon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:01 PM

How much longer

#71 teryuk

teryuk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:02 PM

Q: Did you lower down the drop rate of God pcs? Had a castle for 2 weeks and didn't get anything

#72 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:21 PM

Estimated time for maint to end?.

#73 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:41 PM

Classic changes to the spotlight (adding nameless) are almost done. We'll come up and then release a client patch to fix some item and high orc sprites. 

#74 kvnpl

kvnpl

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Location1 AU

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:46 PM

• Extended quests for 70->90 to follow up from Janeway

as a returning player, this one pls.

#75 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:03 PM

Q: Did you lower down the drop rate of God pcs? Had a castle for 2 weeks and didn't get anything

Don't think we've made any changes to castle drops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users