• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 adventuretimer

adventuretimer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:35 AM

Well i think the title is self explaing and i want to know maybe from GM or something cuz PvP is still a part of the game and will be aslong as there are items who support PvP so are there any patches to fix buggs etc? cuz its botherin me for a while now 
i know that the team is small i just want to know if they work or if i should give up on makin hopes #31

#2 Makuron

Makuron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:41 AM

They do care about pvp.

They 'recently' blocked some skills from battlesquare/pvp from certain classes that are considered to be 'overpowered' in the current meta.

Adjusting classes takes time and there are some threads about it with opinions from players so I'm pretty sure they'll try to fix the bugs and balance out the classes with the help of experienced players eventually.

#3 VModChimichanga

VModChimichanga

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPort of the Winds
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Our home, Vyvern

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:04 AM

Pvp balance is indeed on the list of things to do. Poor ol' Popcorn and Alteris have their work cut out for them.

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:38 AM

This game's a mess on so many fronts! PvP alone has so much to fix, and it's not simple stuff. So don't hold your hopes too high, it's gonna take a long while...

#5 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:58 AM

Does DS care about PvP?

No, DS does not care about PvP itself. But we devs do.  :p_hi:

We are working on every aspect of the game. It's just that not everything takes the same to be fixed/balanced/achieved. 

As Alteris already said on the Q&A livestream - we are still figuring out everything and it's not that easy as it might look. It's not like using some spells and everything fixes itself in seconds. That's sadly the truth - game development, especially with zero documentation, based on an existing chaos done by others is hard work.

#6 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:16 AM

Like Popcorn and Chimichanga said, the Dragon Saga team does care about PvP. Making adjustments to PvP is a delicate business, and there are a lot of things to work through before any overhauls can be made. If you want to provide input, you can start a topic, and post a link to the PvP Balance and Discussion thread. The Team reviews all community input, and though there are a lot of other items on the Dragon Saga list to be worked on, PvP changes are on the agenda for the future. 

#7 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:29 AM

One thing I want to point out is that PvP is often the thing that keeps people playing and getting better (and paying for the game!), the thing people look forward to when lvling and getting gear. Considering this and the fact that our pvp is basically a wreck whichever way you look at it, I think it's quite clear that improving not only the balance but also the systems should be a prioritized over a lot of other things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users