Tiki Tuesday Q&A thread for 3/29 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Q&A thread for 3/29

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:27 PM

Hey there folks, here's the place to ask your questions for this week's tiki show! We'll be live at 3pm PDT at twitch.tv/warpportal 

#2 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:57 PM

FIRST!

Hiya Oda .Just want to know what are the plans for the remaining auto-DC Characters from Thor? The compensation caught us off guard.  Hope ya type yer response here since I can't stream to watch yer show .

Please write in if you are still having auto D/C issues if you haven't already. Vmod Cinnamon has been collecting ticket numbers on this subject for us. 

#3 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:11 PM

why we cant switch party leader from different maps anymore? :<

Likely it's in place to prevent shenanigans when it comes to exiting and re-entering instances. 

#4 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:30 PM

When is the MVP Summoner gonna be updated again?

It's on our schedule for next week.

#5 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:34 PM

Trans Candy loses its effect on map change. Is this intended effect? Also, will you consider reforming Battlegrounds soon(link), or is that behind the USA town project in terms of priority?

We'd like to do re-evaluation of battlegrounds on Classic and Renewal but it's not the highest priority. 

#6 hamster

hamster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1090 posts
  • Twitter:hamstereclipse
  • LocationTAMPA, FL
  • Server:IRO Chaos

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:39 PM

HOMUNCULUS LOYALTY EVENT?

Not yet. 

#7 ForteGS

ForteGS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 641 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:07 PM

Well since you dont answer any of my questions from the previous post here we go again:

any chance to update for enchant Red Twin Edge of Naght Sieger [3] in Malangdo soon?

How about the miss info from clans update (i mean Ctrl+G)?

Since you guys cant implement Victoria NPC anymore, can implement a dungeon warp npc for every spotlight?

3 days to finish this month and april star, so, any date for the Fantasmagorica update?

And how many updates for this april month?

how about to increase a real % to drop green ales from costumes, even that "triple" dont help anything, maybe a 1~5%?

What is the next spotlight?

#8 Reaghann

Reaghann

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:pRO New Chaos, iRO Thor

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:05 PM

Is there by any chance you will put up a raffle event just like what you had in January last year?

Spoiler

The GMs do not always have a ton of time to hit the spots in the Airstrike thread, but when we can get the ticket numbers lower I will ask for more attention for that thread. 

Since the shadow gears were obtainable as a bonus benefit to having VIP we are not planning to have an exchange set up for these items. 

Edited by Oda, 29 March 2016 - 12:50 PM.

#9 FastFingers

FastFingers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Server:iRO

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:34 PM

Could you please find it in your heart to enable the exp event 1 more week? A lot of people couldn't play because of easter traveling. Also a drops event would be nice. Lol.

We are going to continue the EXP events for one more week!

#10 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:11 AM

5843x bapho and chocolate hat costume.

What do I do with these? I heard there'd be a thing.

#11 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:27 AM

Hello,

Could you STOP unbanning botters? I mean, you always do give 2nd chances to them like wipe the inventory then release the character. In the fist place those botted characters have little to none items, some may even function with just blue gems alone. Wiping those then just release afterwards DOESNT PUNISH them at all, especially bot farmers,warpers and buffers. Then they go back botting and this time without getting caught. Just ban them permanently please?

You'd be surprised what kind of items botters and RMTers are equipped with. Keep reporting them if they're continuing the bad behavior and they don't get a second chance. 

#12 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:31 AM

Oda, as the live stream airs at an inopportune time for me to catch it and actively participate in a meaningful dialog, please properly bill the show's theme ahead of time so I can at least contribute some appropriate filler material ahead of time.

Karaoke request:

Ramones, Pet Sematary

Ok, for next week, we'll have a theme of... SKA

I was just listening to The Specials as I read this. Get outta my head, Oda!

Edited by RichieDagger, 29 March 2016 - 12:57 PM.

#13 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:15 AM

asked question last week about woe TE GD loot table. wasn't talking about god items. i want the drop list for the WOE TE Guild Dungeon monsters please. any ETA on that?

Apologies, that was my misunderstanding. That should not be difficult to prepare. 

#14 Zorgul

Zorgul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:04 AM

Big-big request from the entire Russian community (many players have bad understanding of English by ear):
Oda, turn on the automatically generated subtitles in YouTube plox, like here

Let me see if I can get this enabled. 

#15 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:50 AM

Greetings Oda and everyone, I do have a couple of questions, hope it can be answered here. How is the venom Knife Update coming along?

And what was this new update for April again, did it include Nightmare Bio lab with the gears as well?

Shalom!

A freilichen (and belated) purim! The April update will bring Episode 15.1 and motion delay bug fix will be coming with the April Update. We have already reported the Venom Knife bug to kRO.

#16 Feeshy

Feeshy

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:30 AM

I was wondering whether (assuming appropriate amounts of support and discussion) updating the functions of some (MvP) cards while not changing their original functions or making them game-breaking could be put up for consideration, or whether that is something strictly decided by kRO/off the table?  

An example: Adding aspd +2-3 to moonlight flower card.  (Not something I'm necessarily suggesting, just an example of the kind of thing I mean!)

Additionally, I was wondering whether the not quite fluent English in some item descriptions is in the plans to be fixed?

I'm not trying to put a rush on it or be rude, but I've been confused by them several times despite not being a new player, so knowing whether they're in the plans to be fixed in the near/future or whether it's something you cannot do at this time would be nice!

(Answer received).

(Sorry if I've asked anything stupid, I was on break from RO for awhile.)

Edited by Feeshy, 29 March 2016 - 12:59 PM.

#17 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:51 AM

as far as your second point, i'm pretty sure campitor has been working with a few forum volunteers to de-engrish things; i think there's a thread about incorrect item descriptions that you can post in if you come across any as well.

#18 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:23 AM

Additionally, I was wondering whether the not quite fluent English in some item descriptions is in the plans to be fixed?

A few of us have been working on standardizing the format and wording of item descriptions since around November, 2015. Currently we're waiting for some database queries from the WP staff to fill in some gaps before proceeding with the next batch.

http://db.irowiki.org/db/ is our primary source for resolving conflicting information. Using that as a reference, if there is still a concern with a specific description, address it there, and it will eventually be corrected in-game.

#19 Maximz

Maximz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:23 AM

Big-big request from the entire Russian community (many players have bad understanding of English by ear):
Oda, turn on the automatically generated subtitles in YouTube plox, like here

Let me see if I can get this enabled. 

the problem with youtube subtitles is they tend to misinterpret some of the words so you end up with wrong subtitles which leads to misinformation

dont believe me? go take a look at this video  turn on english subtitles the first thing the subtitles say is "not so where did you find grants ok but just before we start this" im not really sure where the translation is starting from but i think its actually start from the "not so grumppppppp and we're the game grumps" then they start off talking "ok, just so you know before we start this episode dan was not making a dooty" and then youtube continues to translate "but just before we start this episode dan was not making it to you catch him at all" yeaaaaaaaaaaa... youtube's subtitles are horrible there is a reason the automatically generated subtitles are off, its because they don't translate what is being said correctly at all! 

#20 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:35 PM

Thanks fer the response. I had a ticket and was advised to be close about a month ago and yes. It's still DC'd . Should I give VMod the latest ticket# then? I need to get the ones from meh friends who don't visit forums so lemme know if I can send a bulk ticket# 

#21 ForteGS

ForteGS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 641 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

everyone have answered their questions except me, i feel ignored... maybe i need spamm my questions like those kids asking for Enriched / Exp/drop Events every threat...

#22 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:30 PM

Not sure if it's too late to ask a question, but I wonder if it's ever possible for WP to propose to kRO on increasing vend item limit? Not vend price but the amount of items being vended.

Currently, a player can vend maximum 12 items, sometimes they have more they'd like to sell but have to run a 2nd/ 3rd vendors. This might help with reducing the amount of vendor congestions in town maps also.

I know we just got Vend price limit increased, so sorry if this might be too much to ask for. D: Maybe long into the future..

#23 StandByMe

StandByMe

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:24 PM

Not sure if it's too late to ask a question, but I wonder if it's ever possible for WP to propose to kRO on increasing vend item limit? Not vend price but the amount of items being vended.

Currently, a player can vend maximum 12 items, sometimes they have more they'd like to sell but have to run a 2nd/ 3rd vendors. This might help with reducing the amount of vendor congestions in town maps also.

I know we just got Vend price limit increased, so sorry if this might be too much to ask for. D: Maybe long into the future..

agreed ^^

#24 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:21 PM

Greetings Oda and everyone, I do have a couple of questions, hope it can be answered here. How is the venom Knife Update coming along?
And what was this new update for April again, did it include Nightmare Bio lab with the gears as well?

Shalom!

A freilichen (and belated) purim! The April update will bring Episode 15.1 and motion delay bug fix will be coming with the April Update. We have already reported the Venom Knife bug to kRO.

May now...?

#25 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:23 PM

May now...?

I mean ... SR motion delay bug for tomorrow?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users