Kaleidoscope disabling transformations - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Kaleidoscope disabling transformations

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#76 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:48 AM

The rate of people posting videos with themselves using NDL is getting nuts.
It's pretty obvious that the GMs don't care at this point.

I don't think they know how to detect cheaters. GMs are too dumb to notice when someone cheats. Period.

#77 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:34 PM

can anyone PM me the videos of people cheating especially recent ones? coz im also having hard time to differentiate btwn NDL cheat versus increased video recording speed lol

#78 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:10 PM

To see if the video itself is sped up, look at the other ppl on the video, enemies, allies, other classes, etc. see if their animation matches reality, is not too hard

Another one is if you can see a full duration of Pneuma, see when its placed till it fades away

Edited by Ashuckel, 11 April 2016 - 05:11 PM.

#79 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:14 PM

NDL is mediocre cheating. I take it people on Renewal don't use WPE? If your going to cheat, do it right please.

#80 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:55 PM

you're^

#81 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:38 PM

Kaleidoscope will maintain the option to remove transformation scrolls in pvp environments (and all other environments). We have traditionally encourage policies and item restrictions that maintain character visibility along the lines of "What you see what you get", you can see this with the removal of costumes in WoE, the rules regarding emblem visibility. Due to this maintaining a policy of "What you see is what you get" in regards to alternative costumes such as transformation scrolls makes sense.

#82 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:21 PM

btw does this kaleidoscope thingy has the option to see gutterlines?

#83 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:01 PM

Kaleidoscope will maintain the option to remove transformation scrolls in pvp environments (and all other environments). We have traditionally encourage policies and item restrictions that maintain character visibility along the lines of "What you see what you get", you can see this with the removal of costumes in WoE, the rules regarding emblem visibility. Due to this maintaining a policy of "What you see is what you get" in regards to alternative costumes such as transformation scrolls makes sense.

Then it should be either 100% completely disabled server side just like costumes. Or not at all.

Transformation scrolls literally turn your actor and animation frames into that of the monsters. Monster frame animations vary as well as their frame intervals. I absolutely do not believe that disabling transformation scrolls will help you detect nodelayers. It will give you false information more than anything else. Sure, you would still catch people nodelaying if their monster sprite literally is only 1 frame, but having this flip flop between being enabled and disabled would open a massive window for false positives and may end up getting legitimate players banned, all because they are using a monster that has a faster animation than their character sprite does. Some of the transformations play their animation faster than character sprites, some are slower.

If you want to detect nodelays without any room for misjudgement, you have to actually know what nodelay would look like on that monsters sprite. Or disable the monster sprites in WoE completely server side.

Edited by Toxn, 14 April 2016 - 11:55 AM.

#84 OrganicSalmon

OrganicSalmon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:15 PM

^ Why populate the server with cash bought items, and then make a statement saying you don't support the use of these items? Your internal policy is that people should be able to see whatever their true character sprites are, but transformations have been enabled since their spawn on the server. They've been enabled for years now. If you truly felt that way, they wouldn't have been enabled. Essentially, you baited thousands of dollars from the community, by implementing and enabling an item that your team does not agree should be usable, and is now disabling. And you can't argue that people will leave transformations on, because I'm sure anyone in their right mind would press a settings button to gain an advantage in a competitive arena. 

#85 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:17 PM

shooting on your own feet seems to be the obvious choice here

#86 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:30 PM

Just disable transformation scrolls in WoE and make them worth 25% more to Boxter in her next incarnation.
This is pretty out of hand to be honest.

#87 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:20 PM

So what's the point of trans candy. Lol just gimmecks? What exactly is warpportal thinking of when they do such features to ragnarok? Are you trying to make it more customers player friendly? Removing certain cash shop items from the game? Cause if the company reason is to lose money your doing a great job. Figuratively speaking of course

#88 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:23 AM

Funny thing is that i use Transformation Scrolls because of the effect (on WL always use marduk or banshee) or because it looks cool (deviruchi on my sorcerer), so i dont get any problem with kaleidoscope because let me give the same use to TS. Also someone said that some TS dont give the suppossed effect, wich is weird at least the ones i tried effectively gives you the effect they said, marduk, banshee, deviruchi, poring, never tried mavka or raydric tho because i dont have any character wich take advantage of ranged dmg (well RK but i never use it).

I think people is giving too much importance to that because, transformation scrolls still will give you the bonus you are looking for, and if is for cosmetic reasons you can leave them turned on, and thats it, the whole "i need to hide my sprite because is too fat", or the "is going to break woe" is a little bit...i dont know...bad.

The thing about people spending money on transformation scrolls is like, well on the terms of service there is a paragraph that said that changes can occur without notification, so, i wont be that shocked because WP change things on the game without asking. I agree with the other guy that said that most people is mad because now, everyone will be able to see your original sprite, wich apparently is horrible. I mean i still like sorc sprite even if some people said that it looks like a granny :c

#89 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:45 AM

Funny thing is that i use Transformation Scrolls because of the effect (on WL always use marduk or banshee) or because it looks cool (deviruchi on my sorcerer), so i dont get any problem with kaleidoscope because let me give the same use to TS. Also someone said that some TS dont give the suppossed effect, wich is weird at least the ones i tried effectively gives you the effect they said, marduk, banshee, deviruchi, poring, never tried mavka or raydric tho because i dont have any character wich take advantage of ranged dmg (well RK but i never use it).

I think people is giving too much importance to that because, transformation scrolls still will give you the bonus you are looking for, and if is for cosmetic reasons you can leave them turned on, and thats it, the whole "i need to hide my sprite because is too fat", or the "is going to break woe" is a little bit...i dont know...bad.

The thing about people spending money on transformation scrolls is like, well on the terms of service there is a paragraph that said that changes can occur without notification, so, i wont be that shocked because WP change things on the game without asking. I agree with the other guy that said that most people is mad because now, everyone will be able to see your original sprite, wich apparently is horrible. I mean i still like sorc sprite even if some people said that it looks like a granny :c

Trans candy blue is not working i think.

--//--

Would be great if Kaleidoscope could change the Stone Curse effect,i know i'm probably the only person which cares about it but i hate when i'm fighting someone and the Fury/Energy Coat/Weapon Quicken override the Stone Curse effect -_-

#90 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:08 AM

u have humbled me lol

#91 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:40 AM

Trans candy blue is not working i think.

--//--

Would be great if Kaleidoscope could change the Stone Curse effect,i know i'm probably the only person which cares about it but i hate when i'm fighting someone and the Fury/Energy Coat/Weapon Quicken override the Stone Curse effect -_-

I think all are working, yellow gives you a bonus to heal with pumkins, green is the quve one and give you a bonus on flee, (wich is funny because you know xDD...flee), the red are the bloody murderer and yeah, those are working, and the blue is the bathory one and i was been using them to lvl up lowies that dont have a good sp pool xD (gives you a lot of sp) so is working too, the only ones that maybe dont work are mavka and raydric, and thats because i never tried them that i cant argue that :v

#92 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:42 AM

u have humbled me lol

I love you too Mr. Ayin...wait who said that lol :v

#93 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Server:Pioneer Server FWT

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:51 AM

i like TS because it give me the chance to stand on equal ground against chaser.

I played agi Rk in woe. Among the 3 main masq, only 1 of them can really stop me which is masq weakness. If i have the ability to hide my class, there is a chance that the chaser will try to spam the other 2 masqs which will give me a moment whether to crush strike them or hit them at 193 aspd with b.katz + flail. 

i just need 2 sec of hesitation from the chaser to kill him. and TS give me that. Since there is no way sc and their retarded masq will get balance, this is a big deal since it will remove one of the way to counter/survive against them.

well, wp already allowed sc to run around with unfrozen + tao, soooooooooooo ......... yea

#94 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:03 AM

I must say that using and not using transformation scroll/candy is a big deal as RK to not get insta dismounted without even seeing the chaser.

#95 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:41 AM

So because money was spent, your sprite animations plus their sounds, if any, are forced upon the player who may not want to see or hear that.  If /effect did this there would be no outcry I'm sure.

#96 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:47 AM

So because money was spent, your sprite animations plus their sounds, if any, are forced upon the player who may not want to see or hear that.  If /effect did this there would be no outcry I'm sure.

You can mute sound if it bothers you.
There's plenty of eyesore costumes that you can't turn off.

#97 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:54 AM

Should still be something that is completely disabled for everyone, by force of the server or no ability to disable it at all.

#98 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:02 PM

People already do this and worse without your knowledge and now that everyone has the chance its a scandal.  I've already had discussions in the past where it would be a kRO chore to do and they don't seem to be in the mood to do it.  So its basically status quo for those elite few who have this ability and worse, allow everyone the choice, nothing, or delete all the items.  Go on pick.

#99 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:03 PM

Ill take no change if kRO isn't willing to do something about it themselves

#100 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:08 PM

Lil off topic, but you can F right off with MVP's on mini-maps

and I don't even use mirrors

Edited by Havenn, 14 April 2016 - 12:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users