Kaleidoscope disabling transformations - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Kaleidoscope disabling transformations

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#26 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:13 PM

+1

#27 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:20 PM

Dont people want to play with a character showing their glorious job sprite anymore? In woe fighting people for 2 hours 3times a week is nuff for anyone to recognize/predict which character is which anyway

#28 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:22 PM

I view it like some people may view MVP Convex boxes.  Some guilds out there have hundreds of the 10 mirror boxes (I have a ton myself), and if they made it so every map just had the MVP show up on your minimap, you're basically taking a crap on everybody who made an investment in something.  Not every investment pans out, sure, but this isn't the path of kRO or whatever that we end up having to deal with;  this is a community created application that does it.  And the features were presented as a "here's what we've done" vs. "would you like to see this feature" and let people discuss and vote.  I'd never vote for mvps showing up on minimaps, and I'd never vote for the ability to disable seeing people with transformation scrolls.

Nobody has to listen to me, and it's only my view.  But how are the decisions being made over what's reasonable vs. what isn't?  Is it Section 9 makes the decisions for the community and we roll with it?  I imagine that they run it all by the GMs, but I don't think that GMs are very in sync with the community over much of anything.  For a community created application, the community should decide on the features, within reason.

No transformations for the GMs - great.  I 100% agree, and people have been banned for no delay in the past.  If this makes it easier to ban them, I'm all for it.  But it doesn't feel like a feature that players should have access to.

#29 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:31 PM

Hopefully we can keep the accusations and slander out of the thread and have a decent discussion on WP forums for once.

#30 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:33 PM

when i use scrolls i get dismounted, when i don't use them almost never.. #it'sbecausei'amblack?

#31 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:35 PM

The candies undermined scrolls to a large degree and they all give effects.
I'm on the fence about this since it seems like a band aid fix for glaring issues that the GMs have known about forever.
There probably won't be a purely neutral discussion about Kaleidoscope in general though since such a big deal was made about under 10 people having access to the beta version.

#32 OrganicSalmon

OrganicSalmon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:42 PM

So much derailment going on in this thread it's sad. I wanted to talk about Transformations. 

People talk about GMs disabling transformations in WoE, but it's never happened, and it's not going to happen. Instead, GM's continued to add even more transformation items into the game. Most of them being only obtainable through purchasing with REAL MONEY. To me the worst thing about the this entire affair is that these transformations have been a cash cow for RO, and now that the server is full to the brim with them, they are implementing an option to disable them completely. Inu talks about people "not having to use it", but who wouldn't? Clicking a setting button that RO legally offers you to gain an advantage in WoE is something I'm sure the majority, if not all of us would do. We don't transform to change how we look for ourselves, we do it so other people see us as a monster. 

Edited by OrganicSalmon, 09 April 2016 - 05:43 PM.

#33 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:47 PM

personally i prefer options in games to turn off things like these because they can be a bit distracting at times or look badly out of place

#34 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:48 PM

Thinking about it a bit more, I feel that scrolls should never have the option to be disabled as long as they are sold in boxes.
What use do they have otherwise? The GMs stick them in there because they know that the scrolls are popular and will always be good fodder for making people not feel bad for not getting what they want from a box.

#35 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:54 PM

Thinking about it a bit more, I feel that scrolls should never have the option to be disabled as long as they are sold in boxes.
What use do they have otherwise? The GMs stick them in there because they know that the scrolls are popular and will always be good fodder for making people not feel bad for not getting what they want from a box.

shooting on your own feet seems to be the obvious choice here 

#36 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:56 PM

Pretty much. There's no winning solution for anyone here.

#37 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:57 PM

Please keep the discussion within topic.

Note: Derail and guild drama posts have been removed, do this again and you are off forums.

#38 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:00 PM

If your doing something "for the community", at least get the community's feedback or thoughts instead of assuming you think you know what's best for them before even considering to implement something that is game changing and affects $$$$$ people have invested. 

Edited by Undying, 09 April 2016 - 06:04 PM.

#39 Kuroyukiii

Kuroyukiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:15 PM

So, there are ppl who buy lucky boxes to get transformation scroll as the main reason. Oda, i think you should to lower chances to get scroll and increase  the chance to get FAW then.

On topic, what about transformation scroll in woe in kRO? Do they allow kRO player or not? Pretty sure the real reason the scroll was implemented just for player to LOL with the cosmetic, but someone is too bright and abuse it in 'competitve' woe scene.

#40 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:28 PM

So far all I'm seeing here is a bunch of wolves crying about not being able to hide in their sheep outfits in WoE.

#41 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:11 PM

i'm a rabbit though

#42 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:33 PM

Every guild has players that uses transformation scrolls in WoE. I don't understand what the problem is or see why a feature like this is needed in Kaleidoscope.

Just let it be and allow players to adjsut and adapt to changes :P

edit: for tpyos

Edited by Demeris, 09 April 2016 - 07:54 PM.

#43 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:25 PM

i am one of those players who use trans candies in woe to hide my class. btw i am looking forward to this kaleidoscope, hope by disabling some skills and cosmetic effects able to reduce lag significantly.

#44 xMSGx

xMSGx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:31 PM

Will this work in first person too? Don't like to see myself as a monster sprite

Edited by xMSGx, 09 April 2016 - 08:32 PM.

#45 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:48 PM

Will this work in first person too? Don't like to see myself as a monster sprite

why?
why you dislike seeing your own panties as a bathory?

#46 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:49 PM

So, there are ppl who buy lucky boxes to get transformation scroll as the main reason. Oda, i think you should to lower chances to get scroll and increase  the chance to get FAW then.

On topic, what about transformation scroll in woe in kRO? Do they allow kRO player or not? Pretty sure the real reason the scroll was implemented just for player to LOL with the cosmetic, but someone is too bright and abuse it in 'competitve' woe scene.

It's not that, it's that the "bad" items you get have to be worth the money you spend or it's gambling.

#47 OrganicSalmon

OrganicSalmon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:13 PM

^ Pretty much. Transformation scrolls having almost no value due to a system plugin is a little upsetting for an item you're paying actual money to receive.

#48 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:31 PM

Transformation scrolls provide temporary buffs last I checked. It's not just a costume system.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 09 April 2016 - 09:31 PM.

#49 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:44 PM

A lot of them don't. The buffs actually don't make a huge difference on the scrolls that do provide them.
You can utilize them in a strategic manner to become less noticeable and that's where the problem comes in.
Skilled and attentive players will still stop you, but Kaleidoscope provides a very lazy crutch to anyone else.

The huge problem with these scrolls is that people have edited monster sprites to gain a potent NDL.
A lot of people use this NDL and it's not any specific guild either. The first time I saw it definitely didn't come from Animosity.

Edited by Myzery, 09 April 2016 - 09:51 PM.

#50 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:59 PM

However will we WoE without transformation scrolls?!

Oh yeah, pre-Renewal.

If people rely on one thing to counter their opponents and cry that they will have to change their strategy, that's just bad PVPing. War doesn't stay the same forever, either you learn to adapt or die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users