• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#1 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:41 AM

Lately I have been playing on my Assassin, who is level 41 and has full resting bonus and the 5% channel bonus, I was at Vella Elluman and Woodsman and I got 1300 exp at all of them. This is saddening. I got more EXP weeks ago running lower level maps (Artis, Lord of Knight) then I do now at maps higher than me.
My Dragoon gets 1200 fro Hero mode VanCliff when I was getting 3-6000 2 weeks ago.

Some, please, tell me that you see this too.
Right now I just want to know I'm not crazy.

If many people are seeing this notable drop in EXP then I would like to politely ask the admins, please fix the rates. I know the level capped players were saying that it was too easy to level, but now it is a down right dreadful task to gain 10%, let alone level up.

#2 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:51 AM

Lately I have been playing on my Assassin, who is level 41 and has full resting bonus and the 5% channel bonus, I was at Vella Elluman and Woodsman and I got 1300 exp at all of them. This is saddening. I got more EXP weeks ago running lower level maps (Artis, Lord of Knight) then I do now at maps higher than me.
My Dragoon gets 1200 fro Hero mode VanCliff when I was getting 3-6000 2 weeks ago.

Some, please, tell me that you see this too.
Right now I just want to know I'm not crazy.

If many people are seeing this notable drop in EXP then I would like to politely ask the admins, please fix the rates. I know the level capped players were saying that it was too easy to level, but now it is a down right dreadful task to gain 10%, let alone level up.

RAGE: congratulations, you've managed to rehash a topic i started on monday evening! yet still there have been no posts from any community managers or admins regarding the obvious drop in base exp values. people are too worried over the server's connectivity problems and gateway. nobody has focused on the real problem. all they're doing is distracting from the exp drop at this point.

sensibility: yes, there has been a huge exp drop. you're not crazy. most of us (that actually pay attention) have noticed it. i tried on monday to get attention to it, but there were no community managers in these forums since last thursday, when hastur checked the exp tool, yes there was an exp increase for the event (mentioned), but base exp value got dropped (100% ignored), the weekend was normal exp. nobody has said anything.

Edited by Severfang, 03 December 2010 - 01:53 AM.

#3 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:59 AM

RAGE: congratulations, you've managed to rehash a topic i started on monday evening! yet still there have been no posts from any community managers or admins regarding the obvious drop in base exp values. people are too worried over the server's connectivity problems and gateway. nobody has focused on the real problem. all they're doing is distracting from the exp drop at this point.

sensibility: yes, there has been a huge exp drop. you're not crazy. most of us (that actually pay attention) have noticed it. i tried on monday to get attention to it, but there were no community managers in these forums since last thursday, when hastur checked the exp tool, yes there was an exp increase for the event (mentioned), but base exp value got dropped (100% ignored), the weekend was normal exp. nobody has said anything.

Well, at the very least I know I am not crazy. I for one now plan to get attention drawn to this matter. Even if I must spam the forums with the same thread until an admin or mod reads it. This is just down right stupid.

#4 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:07 AM

Well, at the very least I know I am not crazy. I for one now plan to get attention drawn to this matter. Even if I must spam the forums with the same thread until an admin or mod reads it. This is just down right stupid.

awesome, someone else who understands whats happened to exp rates. now we need the rest of the crew here to keep it active... again...

#5 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:11 AM

I always figured it was just because exp events ended =\

#6 Prometheus

Prometheus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:15 AM

Yeah, I created a topic here about it also on Friday or Saturday. At midnight server time as Thanksgiving day began the experience went from unbelievable to just below 'normal' on normal days without an experience event. I waited a day or so to make a post about it here, because I saw a few people mentioning it on the DS status Facebook page and thought that it might be looked into and fixed. It wasn't. Once I made the post here, in a short time one of the admins popped into the thread with a one-liner saying he had checked the "exp-o-meter" and "All's just swell!" and that was it. No further investigation that I know of was done except that Hastur reported rechecking the "exp-o-meter" and may have whacked it (Fonzarelli-style) just to be sure and backed up what the other admin had said.

But here's where Severfang and I are thinking alike; He thinks some glitch has affected the 'normal "Base" experience multiplier, and after thinking what it meant in the context of both the experience event, AND the ongoing problem with normal experience amounts, I tend to agree. I think, that when the server ticked over to 00:00:01 on 25 November, the base-rate experience multiplier was somehow reduced by at least 50%, which...in turn of course would affect the 'event' experience, as it is calculated from the base experience. Then, when the event ended...we were left with roughly 50% or LESS of the previous 'normal' base experience multiplier.

Now...here is the surreal thing: I am SURE the admins are now aware there is a problem. But they are still mum on it...? WHY? IDK It's pretty easy for just about anyone who can do the old "If you had six apples and gave Sally three of them how many apples would you have left?" math problem.

[EDIT] - That is...unless you need an "Apple-o-meter" to figure it out... (see what I did there?)

And soooooo...the mystery continues.

Edited by Prometheus, 03 December 2010 - 02:20 AM.

#7 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:21 AM

I always figured it was just because exp events ended =\

When the events were fixed it brought the total value back up to 100% EXP. After they ended the base value of EXP dropped drastically. Something needs to be fixed. At level 63 my dragoon gets in a full run of Van Cliff on hero (including the library) about 3-4% EXP. My Assassin, at level 41 with a full resting bonus and a 5% channel bonus gets ~1200 EXP from Vella F4 and Elluman F4. Again that is WITH full resting and 5% channel bonus. This is very strange because in THQ I would get 3000 EXP a kill at Vella F1.

Something is very very off here. I suspect that it was not the Bonus EXP from the event that was dropped, but the base EXP value dropped (which is what made it look like the bonus had ended earlier than expected). If my math is close then we are currently getting 45-50% of the normal EXP we should be getting.

**edit**

Yeah...pretty much exactly what Prometheus said!

Edited by Adept7, 03 December 2010 - 02:24 AM.

#8 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:31 AM

When the events were fixed it brought the total value back up to 100% EXP. After they ended the base value of EXP dropped drastically. Something needs to be fixed. At level 63 my dragoon gets in a full run of Van Cliff on hero (including the library) about 3-4% EXP. My Assassin, at level 41 with a full resting bonus and a 5% channel bonus gets ~1200 EXP from Vella F4 and Elluman F4. Again that is WITH full resting and 5% channel bonus. This is very strange because in THQ I would get 3000 EXP a kill at Vella F1.

Something is very very off here. I suspect that it was not the Bonus EXP from the event that was dropped, but the base EXP value dropped (which is what made it look like the bonus had ended earlier than expected). If my math is close then we are currently getting 45-50% of the normal EXP we should be getting.

**edit**

Yeah...pretty much exactly what Prometheus said!

i also brought up ridiculously low exp at vella f4 on my 41 priest... this is just absolute trash exp... this isnt whining about rates people, this is a legitimate complaint about a DRASTIC rate change without it being publicized. community managers... admins... staffers... someone please acknowledge this problem. please fix what is broken.

#9 Dinmak

Dinmak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:45 AM

I 'm lvl 31 and I noticed the drop in exp rates too, but I fell it's much more important now to solve the lag and disconecting issues first and them focus on the exp rates matter.

Also, I seriously don't know why they're still implementing new stuff BEFORE solving the server disconnect and lag issues. What's the point of having something new but not being able to enjoy it?

#10 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:52 AM

I 'm lvl 31 and I noticed the drop in exp rates too, but I fell it's much more important now to solve the lag and disconecting issues first and them focus on the exp rates matter.

Also, I seriously don't know why they're still implementing new stuff BEFORE solving the server disconnect and lag issues. What's the point of having something new but not being able to enjoy it?

And what's the point of fixing the disconnection and lag issues if everyone is reluctant to grind because of the exp loss i.e. Me lol

#11 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:56 AM

Not exactly
If you gain more EXP then the random disconnect make you lose at least you will net gain in the end. I'm not going to even bother to try and level if it will take weeks to get anywhere getting a fraction of the EXP that should be obtained at any given level.

Edited by Adept7, 03 December 2010 - 04:03 AM.

#12 Dinmak

Dinmak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:04 AM

I mean, I'm finally getting to now some stuff in the game, going into secret maps and chaos missions, and guess what? All the hard work I made to get in my first Chaos Mission was turned to complete and ultmost jack-_- when I was disconnected and when I got back, guess what? That "shield of whatchmacallit" wasn't on anymore and I had to flee the hell out of the Chaos map... wasted pots, wasted the goddamn shield, wasted the chaos map scroll.... all for nothing. I don't see a point in fixing the exp when I can't even stay half an hour connected.

#13 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:08 AM

I mean, I'm finally getting to now some stuff in the game, going into secret maps and chaos missions, and guess what? All the hard work I made to get in my first Chaos Mission was turned to complete and ultmost jack-_- when I was disconnected and when I got back, guess what? That "shield of whatchmacallit" wasn't on anymore and I had to flee the hell out of the Chaos map... wasted pots, wasted the goddamn shield, wasted the chaos map scroll.... all for nothing. I don't see a point in fixing the exp when I can't even stay half an hour connected.

If the EXP is fixed then at least you can progress in game by some other means.

#14 Dinmak

Dinmak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:08 AM

Not exactly
If you gain more EXP then the random disconnect make you lose at least you will net gain in the end. I'm not going to even bother to try and level if it will take weeks to get anywhere getting a fraction of the EXP that should be obtained at any given level.

Well, might be different opinions but, to me there's no point in netting awesome loads of exp, but having to reconnect every 15 minutes....it's much more annoying than playinf for a whole hour and not getting as much expirience. At least for me.

#15 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:40 AM

Well, might be different opinions but, to me there's no point in netting awesome loads of exp, but having to reconnect every 15 minutes....it's much more annoying than playinf for a whole hour and not getting as much expirience. At least for me.

I would be happy just getting the normal 100% EXP rates. I don't need a boost in over all, I just want the base value set back to 100%

Also...I am playing right now and the EXP seems to be back to normal. I guess one of the mods listened after all. I'm still going to be recording data via screen shot in case something goes wrong again.

#16 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:50 AM

Yes, this is a pretty noticeable issue.

I could see my exp to fall down drastically between Sunday and Monday.

I have the accurate time of the last time the EXP was been reduced.

Lets start when the event began. When the event had begun, I as a level 52 was getting around 10-11k EXP per monster in Arka, this, by Friday. On Saturday, already as level 54, I would get still get 10-11k EXP, even being 2 levels higher than before, but still getting the same nice EXP.

Sunday, I was level 55 and noticed the EXP to fall ALOT compared to before. From the usual 10-11k EXP I was getting, the EXP fell to 6-8k! I even thought:
"Wow I think they ended the event earlier than usual, since it was due to end on Monday 6am"

But it was on Monday that the real issue happened. Already as level 56, attempting to enjoy the least of the remaining event, I've seen my EXP fall from 6-8k to 4-5k, Before Monday 6am.

Then, the final Drop of EXP, around 6am server time, an announcement popped up.

"We will be extending the Event until 5pm, who purchase Item Mall during that period can earn 40% Bonus IM"

Few minutes after that message, the clock hit the 6am. And again, my EXP gain fell from 4-5k to 1-2k!!!!!!

It was bizarre EXP I was getting there, to have an idea, on level 56 I would get 1% from my overall exp running Arka F6 10/10. So I totally gave up on leveling since then.

*Note: the WHOLE time, in the EXP event, I was on Arka F6, always with a full party of 4, that I can assure, that is how I can say how the EXP totally dropped out of normal.

So we all realize something went wrong on that December 29th Monday, such as accidently someone ending the EXP event before the related time, and on the actual time, someone else reducing the EXP even more, or the computer having any issue.

With the disconnection issue, I realize its hard to focus on solving the EXP problem, but why not to bring the Servers down for a whole day and fix the necessary issues, instead of leaving it like it is: Low Exp, Low Connectivity.

At least I, would appreciate it =)

#17 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:58 AM

I can tell the base experience rate has been reduced because during the event I was getting almost 30k exp per yeti in frigid canyon. without the event I was getting 11k-12k per yeti. Now I'm getting 9k per yeti.
I think they purposely dropped the experience rate to retain the players that are still willing to put up with this game.
The slower players level cap, the longer they play the game. the longer they play the game, the more money they are likely to spend in the IM.
If you play 2-3 months before capping instead of 4-5 months, you have less time exposed to the game, at least less "prime-gaming", and therefore there is less time where you consider purchasing items.
This is just a theory, and you may very well assume that the publisher has your best interest at heart, but money ALWAYS comes first. You can't have a business without customers, likewise you can't have a business without an influx of cash. Unfortunately cash is the lowest common denominator.
You're assumptions are as good as mine, but don't try to defend the integrity of a business without any proof.

#18 LadiThePKK

LadiThePKK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:10 AM

I mean think for a second though why would anyone have to worry about exp rates when they cant get in the game. It's a 2 step process.

#19 moe6141

moe6141

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:39 AM

they reduced it on purpose and tried to hide it from us..that's why they don't respond

Edited by moe6141, 03 December 2010 - 08:39 AM.

#20 Prometheus

Prometheus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:54 AM

I mean think for a second though why would anyone have to worry about exp rates when they cant get in the game. It's a 2 step process.

I can certainly see both your and others points regarding the connection issues.

Here are some points to consider:

1. Gravity staff reported that their connection to the net was "severed" completely.

2. Gravity staff reported that they managed to 'jury-rig' a connection that was far from what it was before and are working on getting full "normal" connectivity back.

(now...during this time, I personally wasn't greatly affected by disconnects. I got more than usual, but not even 1/30th the amount I do now...way down the road to supposed 'recovery from the issue in point #-1.

3. The Connectivity issue went into overdrive about 6-12hrs after the maintenance done on the 24th.

4. Base-experience rates dropped so dramatically around that same period that pretty much everyone I know started chatting about it in-game almost simultaneously.

5. Gravity reported that they were the victims of a DDOS attack, and that this was the cause of the increased frequency of disconnects.

Now...noting the time-line of the above and when the increased disconnects began and the base-experience rates dropped...could the two issues be somehow CONNECTED? It seems like coincidence, and yet...plausible. I really don't know and I am not trying to start a conspiracy theory or w/e I am just looking at things and considering all possibilities.

During my military career I was in the (bomb-squad) where there were absolutely ZERO coincidences and overlooking 'seemingly' minor things related to the big-picture could get you killed LOL, so just take this post for w/e it's worth. I'm certainly no expert about this kind of thing.

Hopefully this will all be resolved soon.

#21 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:24 AM

I would be happy just getting the normal 100% EXP rates. I don't need a boost in over all, I just want the base value set back to 100%

Also...I am playing right now and the EXP seems to be back to normal. I guess one of the mods listened after all. I'm still going to be recording data via screen shot in case something goes wrong again.

they're still not back to normal, its just getting used to the low rate. this is a serious problem people. we need to keep up awareness.

#22 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:43 AM

3k on a level 55 mob with resting exp and the 5% channel bonus is not right at all T_T

#23 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:45 AM

3k on a level 55 mob with resting exp and the 5% channel bonus is not right at all T_T

That seems about right, actually.

#24 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:51 AM

That seems about right, actually.

thats lower than thq rate. the resting bonus gives 50% more. the base values end up being 2k. its bad. 3k without resting exp is TOLERABLE but we shouldnt have to afk or log out for hours a day on one character just to level.

#25 Valsu

Valsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario Canada
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:52 AM

Think of all the exp you could be grinding right now if you weren't on the forums. I honestly think talks of EXP rates should wait until after the atrocious connectivity issues are fully addressed and repaired. One thing at a time guys... well 2, the Gateway issue is urgent as well, however Gateway isn't on trial in this thread.

Edited by Valsu, 03 December 2010 - 10:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users