• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#51 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:51 AM

I don't think that we are asking for anything outrageous. All we want are things to be back to normal.

#52 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:11 AM

I don't think that we are asking for anything outrageous. All we want are things to be back to normal.

when this game moved from thq, we were looking forward to better treatment and more active forum administrators. what we got was nothing short of disappointing. i dont recall valsu EVER posting anything that was against the terms of service, or posting regulations, yet he was threatened? we got to an exp event and before it even ended you dropped our base exp to obscenely low levels and still refuse to comment on it? warpportal, we are disappoint.

#53 yartrebo

yartrebo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:02 AM

I've done some research, and the EXP multiplier is exactly 1 (ie., no EXP event). You can test the multiplier setting yourself by following the following procedure.

1 - Make sure you have no EXP buffs on (including channel buff and resting bonus).
2 - Run a MM that's within 10 lvls of your lvl (so that it's easy to get SSS).
3 - Record the bonus EXP at the end of the run from both what's shown under [All] and what's shown on the pop-up display (the one that shows your rank and your contribution %).
4 - Divide the EXP shown under [All] with that shown on the pop-up. This is the EXP multiplier.

Before the latest EXP drop, the multiplier was roughly 2.25 - or two 50% events stacked on each other. Earlier than that, before the Thanksgiving event, it was 1.50 (50% EXP boost). Today it is 1.00 - no event at all.

The upshot is that base EXP rates are likely unchanged.

Edited by yartrebo, 04 December 2010 - 05:04 AM.

#54 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:11 AM

seems a bit low to me to get 3K exp per kill in Pine Cone Hills MM F4 on a lvl 48 character WITH resting exp?
the boss kill got me like 0.10% which is kinda ridiculous?

#55 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:48 AM

and only 90k bonus exp from arka f4 when i get 60k from f1 is total bull. our rate is BELOW what it was at thq people. those of you trying to justify this need to understand that we're getting shafted by warpportal.

#56 Endrance

Endrance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

I don't know why some people here say the rates are back to normal, cause they sure don't look back to normal to me.

I'm level 57 and fighting level 63 Van Cliff monsters is only giving me about 5k per kill, without resting XP. Seems rather low to me, but I wouldn't really know for sure since I only started doing VC after the whole XP drop fiasco.

#57 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:02 AM

I don't know why some people here say the rates are back to normal, cause they sure don't look back to normal to me.

I'm level 57 and fighting level 63 Van Cliff monsters is only giving me about 5k per kill, without resting XP. Seems rather low to me, but I wouldn't really know for sure since I only started doing VC after the whole XP drop fiasco.

^
if it seems low, it probably is.

#58 PieIsGood

PieIsGood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:34 AM

^
if it seems low, it probably is.

thats fail. if it seems low it is eh? Then if i seem guilty i am guilty? if you look stupid you are stupid? :P just examples. that doesnt work.

#59 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:46 AM

thats fail. if it seems low it is eh? Then if i seem guilty i am guilty? if you look stupid you are stupid? :P just examples. that doesnt work.

when it comes to exp rates in this game, theres a reasonable level, and theres this. this is incredibly low. if you present yourself as a jerk, you're a jerk. see? works in a lot of cases.

#60 PieIsGood

PieIsGood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

when it comes to exp rates in this game, theres a reasonable level, and theres this. this is incredibly low. if you present yourself as a jerk, you're a jerk. see? works in a lot of cases.

thats one. Im just being a jerk to you cause ur all qqing... :S life tough, its not fair, sometimes just deal with it? Seriously dude suck it up. What do you do once ur capped? libra grind, chat... do nothing... help noobs... gets boring. You have something to do~ instead of foruming just go lvl up then

#61 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:22 PM

Something is rotten in Denmark

#62 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:27 PM

thats one. Im just being a jerk to you cause ur all qqing... :S life tough, its not fair, sometimes just deal with it? Seriously dude suck it up. What do you do once ur capped? libra grind, chat... do nothing... help noobs... gets boring. You have something to do~ instead of foruming just go lvl up then

Oh go away. The last thing we need is another person charging in and putting up a facade of apathy. You are not helping the situation in EITHER direction.

#63 PieIsGood

PieIsGood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:45 PM

Oh go away. The last thing we need is another person charging in and putting up a facade of apathy. You are not helping the situation in EITHER direction.

oh yes talking to yourselves about how much it sucks and wallowing in self pity does... well that is an exaggeration but thats something of that degree and that is the direction this thread was going.

#64 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:52 PM

oh yes talking to yourselves about how much it sucks and wallowing in self pity does... well that is an exaggeration but thats something of that degree and that is the direction this thread was going.

The point of this thread was to make it known the exp is borked and people dont like it. Don't proclaim the thread ruined just because a few people are acting up (non of which I see anyway).

#65 aires

aires

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts
  • LocationAustralia >:3
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

wth...i only get 1-2k exp now....i used to get 4k :P

#66 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:14 PM

I made this thread because the EXP rates being broken is bad for every player, new and old. Once the cap raises even the level 65 players will feel this, unless they want to get 1200 EXP a kill in Drakos which is roughly .000000000001% EXP at that level. Now I have not seen anyone whine or complain in this thread except you so I will kindly ask you to go away.

wth...i only get 1-2k exp now....i used to get 4k :P

Yes, that is the very problem we are talking about. The mods have not fixed this problem. They boosted the EXP base value a little, but it is still not where it should be. All I want, all everyone here wants, is the normal 100% EXP rates. If a "treat" is going to be given for the downtime and latency issues that were had, awesome. Please fix the base EXP value first.

I don't want an EXP boost event just to make the total value equal what the base is supposed to be.

#67 BronxDevil

BronxDevil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:15 PM

exp rates are low ive also noticed this. and to be honest porbly would have not noticed if i had not played on my alt lvl 20 and it is takeing me along time to lvl compared to b4 thanks giveing where getting to lvl 40 was pretty easy and fast now it just takes more time and is tire some :P.

also ive noticed that the game has been pretty quite no one relly playing they are all just standing around or not even logging on wich is sad for this game cuz i relly hope they fix this i dont want this game to just die out.

I finnally found a free mmo that has alot of quests and tons to do compared to other mmos that are just quests till lvl 20 then alot of rep quests wich is boreing hope a admin takes notice about this issue and do what they can to solve the problem

#68 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:23 PM

exp rates are low ive also noticed this. and to be honest porbly would have not noticed if i had not played on my alt lvl 20 and it is takeing me along time to lvl compared to b4 thanks giveing where getting to lvl 40 was pretty easy and fast now it just takes more time and is tire some :P.

also ive noticed that the game has been pretty quite no one relly playing they are all just standing around or not even logging on wich is sad for this game cuz i relly hope they fix this i dont want this game to just die out.

I finnally found a free mmo that has alot of quests and tons to do compared to other mmos that are just quests till lvl 20 then alot of rep quests wich is boreing hope a admin takes notice about this issue and do what they can to solve the problem

You and me both, man. You and me both.

**off topic**
Disgaea FTW!

#69 Prometheus

Prometheus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

/agree...I'd say about 2/3 of my entire guild has notified us all that until this is fixed (not the connection issues...that they were willing to put up with) they are off to play other games.

I myself started another game this last week. When I log on I just chat, set my market shop and go afk. (and log into the other game, LOL)

I'd really advise the powers that be to take this seriously as even the people on my friends list aren't logging in.

#70 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:28 AM

i only get 3k-4k Exp per kill in Hero mode VC floors 22-25 :P

#71 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:12 AM

i only get 3k-4k Exp per kill in Hero mode VC floors 22-25 :P

I know what you mean. Before the thanksgiving events messed things up I would get closed to 11k a kill on those upper floors. This is kind of insane. It's better than the 1100 I was getting a few days ago, but still not where it should be.

#72 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

hey warpportal, our exp is still low. care to explain yet?

#73 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:37 PM

Is this gonna be another THQ fiasco honesty? Because it REALLY feels like one atm.

#74 Kokaloo

Kokaloo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:41 PM

I'm so happy I've only leveled three times in the past week
The EXP is still off by a noticeable amount
Even if the EXP base is 1, that doesnt mean that the base EXP couldn't have been lowered
So like... Anything else pertaining to this subject? Preferably from someone of importance

#75 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:45 PM

>Log in to check exp

>Enormous lag spike for no obvious reason

>Get DC'd

>Dead

Welp. I'm done with this game until they actually fix things. I'm not even gonna try and level in this mess. Hell even Maple Story is gonna be better than this after the Big Bang patch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users