Quick Server Maintenance 04/14/2016 [Complete] - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Quick Server Maintenance 04/14/2016 [Complete]

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:41 AM

Hello Dragon Saga Friends!

There will be a quick Server Maintenance today, 04/14/2016 at 15:00 Server Time to make fixes to some of the changes implemented with our weekly maintenance!

#2 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:30 PM

The server is back up!

Please update your client to Patch Version 0.4.59!

Updates: "Flinch" effect has been removed from x-attack only. The special chain combo effects (such as launching, etc) are working again!

#3 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:09 PM

We got there another chain combo bug. Twins when having chain combo turned on while not being in pvp just the main character does x attack the twin does nothing . Works fine without chain combo tho.

And the issue of the chain combo is not fixed . I still do 2x X attack then cross cut and the X combo continues stil .

Edited by Kristof3195, 14 April 2016 - 11:11 PM.

#4 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:04 AM

Did you patch to version 10.0.0.15b?

Do you animation cancel the crosscut skil maybe to trigger this?

As far as I can tell the Bandit class has no issues anymore. But I'm not that of a combo expert and I never cancel animations.

Edit:

Just asked a friend to test this. He is not able to continue the chain combo if crosscut and the other broom attack (sorry forgot the name) do their whole animations. In that case the combo never continued for him and he tried very hard.

But he told me that if you do cancel their animations this could be possible...

Just in case I try to get a hold of another friend of mine and check if he can confirm this too.

However, I thought this information might be helpful, at least I hope so. :p_smile:

Edit 2:

My other friend was able to do the xx crosscut x..... whatever........thing without animation canceling. But it needs a some timing, according to him. (He told me that to achieve this with animation canceling is a lot easier though)...

--------------

My bandit chain combo still seems to work perfectly find for me though....

Edited by Fliederduft78, 15 April 2016 - 02:35 AM.

#5 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:05 AM

And the issue of the chain combo is not fixed . I still do 2x X attack then cross cut and the X combo continues stil .

It is fixed for 90% of the skills (if you don't cancel animations). 

Please collect all issues and let me know about them so I can (try to) fix them until the next regular maintenance.

The combo system is pure code chaos sadly. I will also look into the twin problem for sure.

#6 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:The One With A Dragon On

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:38 AM

Is this why I can't combo my chain combos on sentinels anymore? I try to roll and then back roll and stun but I can only roll then stun... Or have you just made it almost impossible?

Edit: I tried some more and it really doesn't work. This is one of the things that seperates good and experienced archers from bad and not quiet skilled archers. I think this is a huge mistake cause I personally wanna improve on PvP, not make all of my hours spent on chain combos worthless.

Edited by Yuumikitsu, 15 April 2016 - 03:51 AM.

#7 DarkArcX

DarkArcX

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:44 AM

can we bring back animation cancelling for all classes? it's so much better that way

#8 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:58 AM

It is fixed for 90% of the skills (if you don't cancel animations). 

Please collect all issues and let me know about them so I can (try to) fix them until the next regular maintenance.

The combo system is pure code chaos sadly. I will also look into the twin problem for sure.

um If you dont use a skill wew like ( on goon ) : U use 3x X attack you can run around without doing any skill or anything and in about max to 4-5 sec ( not 100% accurate) you still can finish the chain combo stun with X Z  ( Whole combo is XXXXZ ) but theres a time gap for it like above stated.

#9 Yagaraschi

Yagaraschi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:02 AM

Flinch remove, effekts Savage's Chain Combo outside of PvP! When hold "x" or "x + [<-]" he does the full x chain combo instead of only the first x attack from chain combo!!! Please fix..! Its annoying to get ANY combo with it! Event the 150 Combo for Hunter Quests is annoying! :)

EDIT: THIS effekt all classes!

Edited by Yagaraschi, 15 April 2016 - 04:18 AM.

#10 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:03 AM

um If you dont use a skill wew like ( on goon ) : U use 3x X attack you can run around without doing any skill or anything and in about max to 4-5 sec ( not 100% accurate) you still can finish the chain combo stun with X Z  ( Whole combo is XXXXZ ) but theres a time gap for it like above stated.

This problem is definitely fixed. The client needs to be patched to 10.0.0.15b.

I tested that myself and I don't encounter this issue anymore. The old version (without the B) has this issue.

Is this why I can't combo my chain combos on sentinels anymore? I try to roll and then back roll and stun but I can only roll then stun... Or have you just made it almost impossible?

Edit: I tried some more and it really doesn't work. This is one of the things that seperates good and experienced archers from bad and not quiet skilled archers. I think this is a huge mistake cause I personally wanna improve on PvP, not make all of my hours spent on chain combos worthless.

Can you please write done the whole key combination you're trying?

#11 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:06 AM

This problem is definitely fixed. The client needs to be patched to 10.0.0.15b.

I tested that myself and I don't encounter this issue anymore. The old version (without the B) has this issue.

Sigh Popy I am patched and I can pull it off if you got time you can check it in game ch 3 Galaxy :o 

#12 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:09 AM

X+down arrow+Z    then   <- or ->+Z+Z again to stun

(fast part)       (stops)   (fast part and depending on direction)

But now I do X+Z+Down arrow and then when I try to keep on doing the combo it stops.

Edited by Yuumikitsu, 15 April 2016 - 04:11 AM.

#13 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:12 AM

Since this system leads to too many issues when changing I think we will revert it back on  Wednesday's maintenance.

The flinch removal will stay. Please refrain from sending me videos about high speed attacks which are achieved by abusing the combo system with macro keyboards. It's not possible to prevent this abuse.

#14 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:22 AM

Since this system leads to too many issues when changing I think we will revert it back on  Wednesday's maintenance.

The flinch removal will stay. Please refrain from sending in videos about high speed attacks which are achieved by abusing the combo system with macro keyboards. It's not possible to prevent this abuse.

If you want some animation canceling to be gone then try to patch the air skills like shotdown, meteor fall and air smash, there are more ways to animation cancel and I know that but these are some of the skills that I know are used to animation cancel and you might be able to fix so nothing happens when it says that it can't be used on the ground.

#15 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:28 AM

If you want some animation canceling to be gone then try to patch the air skills like shotdown, meteor fall and air smash, there are more ways to animation cancel and I know that but these are some of the skills that I know are used to animation cancel and you might be able to fix so nothing happens when it says that it can't be used on the ground.

Animation Canceling is only one part of the problem. The abuse can be achieved using different approaches.

Even if we would remove the animation canceling there are several other ways to abuse the chain combo with a macro hardware.

#16 rickyspanish1

rickyspanish1

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:38 AM

Why not just put a cap/limit on attack speed?

#17 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:41 AM

Attack speed is closely tied with skill canceling + x attacks. Capping it would be the best resolution. 

Why not just put a cap/limit on attack speed?

Came out of nowhere with that one

Edited by sean718, 15 April 2016 - 04:43 AM.

#18 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:57 AM

I thought about this and did some tests. The way this abuse works seem to completely ignore the attack speed at all when used in a special combination.

I was able to attack with a speed that can be compared to about 1600% Atk Speed (seems that my PC is not fast enough to be even faster).

However, for sure I can talk to Alteris if we could give it a try, but then we have again the question: to what amount we should set the cap without making the whole community angry? I have heard (but not sure) that an attack speed of 350% is the maximum most players can achieve when pressed the attack key manually. I am open for opinions at all? 

If we do changes, we can do them on next Wednesday at earliest.

I assume that everyone knows how this abuse works, because I don't think it's a secret for anyone, so let's discuss clean and calm about the following topics:

- Do we want to try out an atk speed cap?

- Do we want it for PvP AND PvE or in PvP only?

- What should be the maximum atk speed?

Edit: Another problem is that cast-time spells can be interrupted by using the X-key. This is part of the high attack speed abuse.

I am all for an open discussing without flaming, insulting and ranting. For a better game! Thanks.

#19 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:03 AM

having a strong computer so I can confidently say:

260% aspd caps x spam on invokers. anything higher strictly affects z spam speed and ease of movement in chain combo x spam. 

summoners can be capped at 240% and still achieve a helix x spam albeit a slow but incomplete one. this significantly drops along with fps in heavy pvp.

capping attack speed across the board won't do, since each class benefits from it differently. 

-i'd like to also suggest removing the x spam delay on sorcs non-chain combo x attack so it can correlate with their attack speed. 

Edited by sean718, 15 April 2016 - 05:05 AM.

#20 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:17 AM

having a strong computer so I can confidently say:

260% aspd caps x spam on invokers. anything higher strictly affects z spam speed and ease of movement in chain combo x spam. 

summoners can be capped at 240% and still achieve a helix x spam albeit a slow but incomplete one. this significantly drops along with fps in heavy pvp.

capping attack speed across the board won't do, since each class benefits from it differently. 

-i'd like to also suggest removing the x spam delay on sorcs non-chain combo x attack so it can correlate with their attack speed. 

240 or 250% atk speed summoners

260% mages

280% archers

300% on other classes

Only in PvP and especially in Empo and BSQ

Might need some fixing here and there but for now I think this could be a good starting place

No cap in PvE cause that's not fun with atk speed caps

#21 rickyspanish1

rickyspanish1

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:18 AM

- Do we want to try out an atk speed cap?

It sounds like a more sound solution than the alternative. I agree with Sean on the fact that cap/limit should be restricted to certain classes that are more likely to abuse it. 

- Do we want it for PvP AND PvE or in PvP only?

Both. Attack speed cap/limit just like the critical damage cap should be applied to both PVP and PVE I'm sure the developers won't be able to keep it limited to PVP. Lets be realistic.

- What should be the maximum atk speed?

260% for invokers

240% for Summoners

280% attack speed for the rest of the classes.

Edited by rickyspanish1, 15 April 2016 - 05:19 AM.

#22 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:21 AM

Both. Attack speed cap/limit just like the critical damage cap should be applied to both PVP and PVE I'm sure the developers won't be able to keep it limited to PVP. Lets be realistic.

I am the core developer for DS and I am able to keep it limited to PvP with no problems.

#23 SnowAurora

SnowAurora

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:22 AM

i dont have a strong comp, but i would agree sean opinions.
And yeah, I dont know why a sorc have a xspam delay on normal atk (non chain)...anyway, it is not a big problem since chain combo release @@

#24 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:24 AM

I would say that if there is atk speed cap, it should be in both pvp and pve. Whats the point of having that number there if it doesn't represent the true value of the stat?

#25 DarkArcX

DarkArcX

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:30 AM

for pve and pvp it's different. ridding a summoner or invoker of their atk speed in pve is the same as crippling the class. we're trying to balance the game out here but it defeats the purpose if it makes certain classes less offensive than others when it's just pve. all this just to "represent the true value of the stat"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users