Constant repatch from 25 02 2016 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Constant repatch from 25 02 2016

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gaurav7101

Gaurav7101

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:20 AM

Hi,

I downloaded the ragnarok client from official website , the game worked fine for 3 days untill the next maintenance then repatching started,

I redownloaded the client and installed it again  the game worked for a week then again repatching error from 2011 same problem ,

Now i redownloaded it again tommorrow and it is repatching again and again from 25022016.

Tried searching the forums but could not find the solution so posting it as a new topic .

Any help would be really appreciated.

I dont know if this is my system error.

I am using 

windows 7 64 bit

Ram 32 GB

Processor i7 2600k

Hard disk 2 TB

Graphics card Nvidia GTX Titan 12 GB

Thanks & Regards!!

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:47 AM

See below:

1. Uninstall and delete the RO game and folder.
  2. Clear your Internet Explorer cache folder. For a small guide click here and under Appendix see point #2 [Clear Internet Explorer's cache].
  3. Install the game using the latest setup from playragnarok or Axylus mirrors.
  4. Run the patcher as an admin, let it patch fully.
  5. Before launching the game update your AI folder, to do so click here and follow suggested solution #12.

Note: At this point if the patcher started getting stuck at certain patch files note down the stuck file and manually download it from the FTP server, place the file(s) in your RO folder and close/run the patcher again.

Because of how RO patcher is it is better to keep a working back up copy of the RO folder, so every time the patcher goes nuts you will at least have a sound copy to use from.

Keep us updated.

#3 Gaurav7101

Gaurav7101

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:39 PM

Thank you for the reply !!!

I asked a friend he told me to run the game from the installed folder and not to use desktop shortcut for executing the game .

This had worked like a charm till now( atleast not patching everytime now ). waiting for next maintenance if the same error occurs .... will try the above solution!!

Regards :) 

#4 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:06 PM

If you mean bypassing the patcher then that method is not advised especially if patching issues are present, it may cause more problems than fix.

#5 Gaurav7101

Gaurav7101

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

well the thing happened again after the crash ..

It is patching again from 2011.

doing your steps now will let you know soon 

///Patch 02
Spoiler

This is the patch 2 txt

Edited by VModCinnamon, 01 May 2016 - 11:10 PM.
Added spoiler tag

#6 Gaurav7101

Gaurav7101

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:51 AM

sorry for that long msg -.-

i downloaded the client again from 

http://www.playragna...ntdownload.aspx

done all the steps 

the new client is patching from 25-2 2016

I hope  it does not repatch again 

#7 NoDice

NoDice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 May 2016 - 03:06 PM

Once the client patches successfully up-to-date. Close it, copy the file called patch.inf from your RO directory elsewhere (like the desktop). Next time your patcher starts to download older patches, close the patcher. Copy the backup patch.inf file from your desktop and replace it with the one in your RO directory. This should fix the issue. Alternately, from the list you posted above (patch2.txt), note down the patch number of the latest patch (i.e., 2875) and paste it on choobs where it asks for the patch number. Download the patch.inf file and replace it with the one in your RO directory to fix the issue. This is by no way a permanent fix since you will have to do it everytime your patcher conks. But it beats re-installing the client and downloading patches over and over again.

#8 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:18 PM

Once the client patches successfully up-to-date. Close it, copy the file called patch.inf from your RO directory elsewhere (like the desktop). Next time your patcher starts to download older patches, close the patcher. Copy the backup patch.inf file from your desktop and replace it with the one in your RO directory. This should fix the issue. Alternately, from the list you posted above (patch2.txt), note down the patch number of the latest patch (i.e., 2875) and paste it on choobs where it asks for the patch number. Download the patch.inf file and replace it with the one in your RO directory to fix the issue. This is by no way a permanent fix since you will have to do it everytime your patcher conks. But it beats re-installing the client and downloading patches over and over again.

Note that when using the tool the entered patch number must take the previous one in the list.
Meaning, if you would like to download patch # 2875 then on the tool enter the earlier patch file number and that would be 2874.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users