Renewal WoE Revitalization Project V2 Update 5-16 - Page 8 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal WoE Revitalization Project V2 Update 5-16

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
247 replies to this topic

#176 louisn1234

louisn1234

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:18 AM

I agree here I think it was determined that the scrolls were allowing to bypas skill delay. Db is very strong when there are 2 or more casting same speed anyone not sac or Tao usually drop right away.

Ndl rk is cheat and disaster . But please don't act like sura is ok to do what u did like tiger cannon a whole guild.

Anyone think that's OK to tiger cannon whole guild and claim to be pro, I will straight away give him middle finger. Go look at the current woe video, 70 percents are sura.

Solve the characters power imbalance, cheating issue at the same time. Of course don't penalised the pvm side as reminder for gm.

#177 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:30 AM

So, if DB with 2 kiel or 100% cast delay reduction is op, please also increase tiger cannon and GOH cast delay.

#178 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:41 AM

You just need to bring the cooldown from 200 to 250ms, shouldn't be that hard... 4 db per second is totally fine (a bit slow since you can chain 5db per second without cheating as well) and you can achieve that continuosly without cheating. If you bring that to 3 db per second you are going to completely kill the class both in woe and in pvm.

#179 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:53 AM

isnt sura doing 5 GOH per sec? :p_omg:

Edit: I am very curious why tiger cannon or GOH have no cooldown at all, and you guys accuse DB should be the only skill need changes. If Sura with the complete high-end gears that a RK has, it can wipe most small guild by itself. :p_swt:

Edited by IWindyI, 19 May 2016 - 12:59 AM.

#180 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:28 AM

isnt sura doing 5 GOH per sec? :p_omg:

Edit: I am very curious why tiger cannon or GOH have no cooldown at all, and you guys accuse DB should be the only skill need changes. If Sura with the complete high-end gears that a RK has, it can wipe most small guild by itself. :p_swt:

Yeah i agree, infact GOH hp part should be reduceable, and TC splash damage reduceable as well.

#181 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:21 AM

Yeah i agree, infact GOH hp part should be reduceable, and TC splash damage reduceable as well.

ya, GOH can easily deal more than 100k with only 1 tao or bryn which is pretty common in woe. :p_sad:

#182 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:33 AM

ya, GOH can easily deal more than 100k with only 1 tao or bryn which is pretty common in woe. :p_sad:

The counter-argument can be made from that it's a single target skill.  

Look at the big picture.  WoE is not fun.  Why? 2 reasons.

1. There's too many 1-shot KO skills
  2. High-damage modified skills can be spammed.

It's also hilarious how the "developers" implemented delays on skills where 75% of them are 2nd class, instead of focusing on the 3rd and 4th tier. (Sura's Gates of Hell and Tiger cannon are the main culprit)   

Now that's some out-standing logic there!

#183 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:38 AM

The counter-argument can be made from that it's a single target skill.  

Look at the big picture.  WoE is not fun.  Why? 2 reasons.

1. There's too many 1-shot KO skills
  2. High-damage modified skills can be spammed.

It's also hilarious how the "developers" implemented delays on skills where 75% of them are 2nd class, instead of focusing on the 3rd and 4th tier. (Sura's Gates of Hell and Tiger cannon are the main culprit)   

Now that's some out-standing logic there!

Sura has both aoe 1-shot skill and single target 1-shot skill, and the damage couldnt be reduced. DB is different. With more than 50% damage reduction and buff, DB damage can be reduced significantly.

Edited by IWindyI, 19 May 2016 - 02:42 AM.

#184 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:04 AM

RK does 40k DB, target has 80% demi reducs, damage is reduced to 8k per DB

Sura has 120k max HP, missing 100k (sitting at 20k hp), target has 80% demi human reducs, damage is 100k+atk part of GoH

#185 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:21 AM

RK does 40k DB, target has 80% demi reducs, damage is reduced to 8k per DB

Sura has 120k max HP, missing 100k (sitting at 20k hp), target has 80% demi human reducs, damage is 100k+atk part of GoH

Can't agree more :p_sad:

#186 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:06 AM

Ndl rk is cheat and disaster . But please don't act like sura is ok to do what u did like tiger cannon a whole guild.

Anyone think that's OK to tiger cannon whole guild and claim to be pro, I will straight away give him middle finger. Go look at the current woe video, 70 percents are sura.

Solve the characters power imbalance, cheating issue at the same time. Of course don't penalised the pvm side as reminder for gm.

U mad bro! I feel you have a sour taste in mouth when comes to sura. I don't know where you getting your % from. In my guild we had 6 of 24 people are suras. I don't think woe is 70% Suras. The only people who make vids right now do play sura and Rg don't mean that the whole population is made up of those classes.

I think suras are strong when coordinated with rest of guild. If you take the last woe vid I just posted it was not tc killing precast it was sd and soul expansion/comet/arrow storm. TC is really strong when in conjunction of hitting someone who in masq weakness or wearing no shield. Goh suras may feel broken but In order to achieve damage nessisary you need to sacrifice hp and run around as a glass cannon.

All in all stacking damage in woe is key to success tc is just a small part of it.

#187 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:16 AM

However, everyone is glass cannon against GOH. :p_omg: A sura with tao with 50% remain hp still has 60k hp(not really glass cannon compare to other class), and its GOH can still deal 70k+ damage to anyone(only 1 sec cast delay at 0% cast delay reduction).

#188 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:10 AM

My 2 cents to probably spark some interest in WoE-ing:

Have a WoE event where players can only use gears from a special NPC.

Weapons will be glorious weapons, at +0.

Armors will be WoE set, at +20, with various elements.

Selected headgears only, at +9 (maybe CEB, RPB and CoD for slight cast reduction)

Selected boots, to be either WoE set or Temp Stats Boots with no enchants.

Status immunity mid-headgear to be available to ABs only (ESL, Ungoliant, Marduk, etc). Only 1 can be equipped at any 1 time.

Unlike previous WoE events, the castle that is won during this event stays with the winner.

The idea is to encourage non-WoE players and guilds to try out WoE without being intimidated by godly gears and such.

It also gives the opportunity to the less popular classes to shine.

The benefits:

1. No cast reduction gears, so players will have to prioritize their stats for fast cast, damage or certain status immunity.

2. No class will be at their best (I think), so party play will be quite vital...

3. Suras and RKs will not have access to Tao/Bryn, so I guess that would help balance the battlefield.

4. With +20 armors and +0 weapons, it'll take longer to kill anyone

5. With almost non-existent status immunity, status effects become quite important again.

Currently I couldn't think of any downside or loopholes that can give any class a distinct advantage over the others. So feedback is welcomed.

Edited by DeadIntern, 19 May 2016 - 05:10 AM.

#189 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:42 AM

My 2 cents to probably spark some interest in WoE-ing:

Have a WoE event where players can only use gears from a special NPC.

Weapons will be glorious weapons, at +0.
Armors will be WoE set, at +20, with various elements.
Selected headgears only, at +9 (maybe CEB, RPB and CoD for slight cast reduction)
Selected boots, to be either WoE set or Temp Stats Boots with no enchants.

Status immunity mid-headgear to be available to ABs only (ESL, Ungoliant, Marduk, etc). Only 1 can be equipped at any 1 time.

Unlike previous WoE events, the castle that is won during this event stays with the winner.

The idea is to encourage non-WoE players and guilds to try out WoE without being intimidated by godly gears and such.
It also gives the opportunity to the less popular classes to shine.

The benefits:

1. No cast reduction gears, so players will have to prioritize their stats for fast cast, damage or certain status immunity.
2. No class will be at their best (I think), so party play will be quite vital...
3. Suras and RKs will not have access to Tao/Bryn, so I guess that would help balance the battlefield.
4. With +20 armors and +0 weapons, it'll take longer to kill anyone
5. With almost non-existent status immunity, status effects become quite important again.

Currently I couldn't think of any downside or loopholes that can give any class a distinct advantage over the others. So feedback is welcomed.

I would say for now let's not look at event woes in this thread and focus on what can change make woe better right now.

#190 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:55 AM

I would say for now let's not look at event woes in this thread and focus on what can change make woe better right now.

The topic is to revitalize WoE. My proposal is to spark interest in WoE.

#191 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:08 AM

Didable magic strings for a month ((in woe maps) and give a +10% exp/+4% drops per consecutive day a certain castle is held-- on a costume item-- and give that item to all members of the guild that has that castle at the end of the month. The item would expire in 30 days.

After that month ask players what they thought about non-strings woe.

Edited by Kadelia, 19 May 2016 - 06:08 AM.

#192 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:16 AM

Really wondering why people are saying tiger cannon has no cool down. Do you guys even read or try to inform yourself about skills before posting a bunch of crap?

This thread is basically a conglomerate of ignorant people banging heads against each other with an occasional post from someone actually understands the game.

#193 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:32 AM

Couldnt agree more this this post ^

#194 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:50 AM

Really wondering why people are saying tiger cannon has no cool down. Do you guys even read or try to inform yourself about skills before posting a bunch of crap?

This thread is basically a conglomerate of ignorant people banging heads against each other with an occasional post from someone actually understands the game.

Well some players posting in this thread are just occasional woers, usually playing pvm most of the time. Some others, well ehm...

#195 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:47 AM

Some just have too much going on out there for them to care.

#196 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:37 AM

Sorry, I didnt mean to say tiger cannon has no cd, my mistake. I just want to say current damage output from Sura is way too high. Even players have Tao will die to Goh in 1-2 hit(5 possible hits per second), let alone players doesn't have mvp. And player damage reduction gears are totally garbage against Goh(or tiger cannon splash damage).

#197 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:51 AM

Some just have too much going on out there for them to care.

also those who cared but no longer give a flying funkity funk

#198 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:13 AM

Sorry, I didnt mean to say tiger cannon has no cd, my mistake. I just want to say current damage output from Sura is way too high. Even players have Tao will die to Goh in 1-2 hit(5 possible hits per second), let alone players doesn't have mvp. And player damage reduction gears are totally garbage against Goh(or tiger cannon splash damage).

Your fine. Goh lvl 10 can be spammed 3 times before needing to re zen for balls. Tc takes less balls but can not be spammed and has like a 7 sec cool down on it. Suras are very good at killing low hp classes like Wl, ranger, soul linker. The key to survival on a class requires reduction gears like woe set. A player that is not properly geared to take damage you won't live long. Some of the proposals here are aimed at gearing people so maybe that will help. As for goh is easy to live with reduction and guard. A sura can use his full sp supply spamming goh and miss every shot with guard(that every class can have) pnuma is also able to block as well. Goh is not as strong now days as it once was before. Regardless of gears a player has if one next to him gets tc and he has no def gears won't save you. Many guilds in server run squishy classes away from rest of guilds so won't be hit by splash. It's all about position and organization to help win fights. I hope this helps understand little better.

Edited by miliardo, 19 May 2016 - 10:24 AM.

#199 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

Suras are very good at killing low hp classes like Wl, ranger, soul linker. The key to survival on a class requires reduction gears like woe set. A player that is not properly geared to take damage you won't live long. Some of the proposals here are aimed at gearing people so maybe that will help. As for goh is easy to live with reduction and guard. A sura can use his full sp supply spamming goh and miss every shot with guard(that every class can have) pnuma is also able to block as well. Goh is not as strong now days as it once was before. Regardless of gears a player has if one next to him gets tc and he has no def gears won't save you. Many guilds in server run squishy classes away from rest of guilds so won't be hit by splash. It's all about position and organization to help win fights. I hope this helps understand little better.

No, Suras have the best Single Target skill to kill every single class without a Tao.  You just said it yourself:  

Goh lvl 10 can be spammed 3 times before needing to re zen for balls

Also, the only class that can run around with a Full WOE set and one-shot classes are Suras.  Others need to switch to Full DPS sets in order to do any substantial damage.

I'd suggest stop defending Suras. 

Oh and they also have the best mobility and group CC in WoE.

Edited by cory, 19 May 2016 - 10:38 AM.

#200 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:57 AM

No, Suras have the best Single Target skill to kill every single class without a Tao. You just said it yourself:

Also, the only class that can run around with a Full WOE set and one-shot classes are Suras. Others need to switch to Full DPS sets in order to do any substantial damage.

I'd suggest stop defending Suras.

Oh and they also have the best mobility and group CC in WoE.

Dude I'm not defending suras no where in my post was I saying pro sura. Sure they are strong in a few ways that goes for all classes. Each class has its pros and cons. WL can wear woe set with fbh and one shot too there dmg output may not be as good but can be done. Like I was mentioning it's all on how you set your char to play dps or def pro and con to that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users