#26 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:52 AM

Should be doable. If you level in areas that have the same element of mob, or at least non-conflicting mob elements, it's not a bad idea to make an endow slave. Conversely, if you're fighting fire/wind/earth levels 1-2, then use enchant poison (normal, not EDP) for some bonus damage. 

Regardless of what card is in the RWH, you'll still get its primary leech effect which is what matters the most IMO. 

#27 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:10 AM

@Azumatsu : If you don't mind can you share a screenie of your GX eqps (at least he gear, if not spl eqps as well)

hmm my gear nowdays, i'm not on leveling range anymore

Spoiler

but trust me, i used kind of gear like this when leveling backdays  :p_sick:

Spoiler

SPOILER]

#28 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:33 AM

Should be doable. If you level in areas that have the same element of mob, or at least non-conflicting mob elements, it's not a bad idea to make an endow slave. Conversely, if you're fighting fire/wind/earth levels 1-2, then use enchant poison (normal, not EDP) for some bonus damage. 

Regardless of what card is in the RWH, you'll still get its primary leech effect which is what matters the most IMO. 

I totally agree with that and I don't mind using upto 200 poison bottles a day, as long as I'm getting good exp or farming stuff to make up for the zeny .... 

PS: I bought the +9 Marduk RWH, couldn't wait anymore ..  :e4:

#29 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:35 AM

hmm my gear nowdays, i'm not on leveling range anymore

Spoiler

but trust me, i used kind of gear like this when leveling backdays :p_sick:
Spoiler

SPOILER]

The transformation between the 2 is amazing, there isn't even 1 common eqp... I hope that I'm on 450+ hit and flee before the end of the year... I wanna start MVP-ing soon, especially since I've spent almost 800m-1b on this char till now...

Edited by Magichealer, 20 May 2016 - 08:59 AM.

#30 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:12 AM

Do you have New Poison Research? It will increase the length of your EDP by quite a bit and will help you save on EDP in the long run.

#31 DanaAtkinson

DanaAtkinson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:58 AM

DanaAtkinson: Liar !!!  You aren't vending it right now,.... you WERE vending it ... bcz I purchased it ... hahaha

mildcontempt: I have/had an AS Ranger... so I'll definitely +1 on that.... but for the next month or 2 , it's only gonna be on my GX .. hoping to get him to at least 150 ....

:p_love:  :p_love:  :p_love: Thank you!!!!  :p_love:  :p_love:  :p_love:

#32 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:05 PM

about mali shadow set, i myself dont recommend it to be +30. even +10 is fine since the only changed by refine is the amount of leech, not leech chance. if it is leech chance increased per set refine, maybe i will put it into consideration.

#33 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:10 PM

Do you have New Poison Research? It will increase the length of your EDP by quite a bit and will help you save on EDP in the long run.

Yes I do... extending the length of EDP was one of my HIGHEST priorities as a GX !!!!  :rice:

#34 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:11 PM

about mali shadow set, i myself dont recommend it to be +30. even +10 is fine since the only changed by refine is the amount of leech, not leech chance. if it is leech chance increased per set refine, maybe i will put it into consideration.

That's great to hear... so I take it that you suggest dropping 30m on getting the mali set and being satisfied with +10 or more  ... 

#35 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:12 PM

:p_love:  :p_love:  :p_love: Thank you!!!!  :p_love:  :p_love:  :p_love:

You're most welcome .... the additional 150sp surely comes in handy !!!! 

Ohh and btw, i really liked the queue of DanaAtkinsons in South Prontera.. hahaha

#36 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:45 PM

The transformation between the 2 is amazing, there isn't even 1 common eqp... I hope that I'm on 450+ hit and flee before the end of the year... I wanna start MVP-ing soon, especially since I've spent almost 800m-1b on this char till now...

that's not the point, what i mean as long as you have RWH, any immune garment, thanatos katar and stay edp. you barely meet any difficulties on leveling aspect until 175

anyway i still have my RWH and sit at +7 now(no luck on refining), i usually switch it for getting sp back

i suggest you getting succubus and malicious set for now. back then succubus is exclusive pet and the price around 100m++ , nowdays it cheap and people ignore it  :heh:

#37 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:45 AM

that's not the point, what i mean as long as you have RWH, any immune garment, thanatos katar and stay edp. you barely meet any difficulties on leveling aspect until 175

anyway i still have my RWH and sit at +7 now(no luck on refining), i usually switch it for getting sp back

i suggest you getting succubus and malicious set for now. back then succubus is exclusive pet and the price around 100m++ , nowdays it cheap and people ignore it  :heh:

Ohhh, i get you now ... I'll surely look into getting the Succubus (probably have to read a bit into pets before I do) ... Also, as you know one of the mid-TI for this week is "Ancient Mimic" and since Violy hits from far (THAT COWARD!!), i figured I'd go to tha_t02 and weirdly, my combo of a +9 RWH , +9 Mali Thana Katar and EDP wasn't enough.. and to top it off I also had a +7 Temp Str boots (Bears Power and FS7) .... and I ran threw a bunch of white pots, some yellow herbs and well-baked cookies (random consumables I had lying around) 

What am I doing wrong????  :hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm: 

I was planning on going Cornus hunting next (had a pending mid-TI to complete) and my confidence has taken a kick in the nether regions .... :sob:  :sob:  :sob:

#38 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:20 AM

Ohhh, i get you now ... I'll surely look into getting the Succubus (probably have to read a bit into pets before I do) ... Also, as you know one of the mid-TI for this week is "Ancient Mimic" and since Violy hits from far (THAT COWARD!!), i figured I'd go to tha_t02 and weirdly, my combo of a +9 RWH , +9 Mali Thana Katar and EDP wasn't enough.. and to top it off I also had a +7 Temp Str boots (Bears Power and FS7) .... and I ran threw a bunch of white pots, some yellow herbs and well-baked cookies (random consumables I had lying around) 

What am I doing wrong????  :hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm: 

I was planning on going Cornus hunting next (had a pending mid-TI to complete) and my confidence has taken a kick in the nether regions .... :sob:  :sob:  :sob:

Mobs are hard this week for gx. Play ranger instead! What garment are you using? 

https://forums.warpp...-set-in-mid-ti/

#39 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:35 AM

Ohhh, i get you now ... I'll surely look into getting the Succubus (probably have to read a bit into pets before I do) ... Also, as you know one of the mid-TI for this week is "Ancient Mimic" and since Violy hits from far (THAT COWARD!!), i figured I'd go to tha_t02 and weirdly, my combo of a +9 RWH , +9 Mali Thana Katar and EDP wasn't enough.. and to top it off I also had a +7 Temp Str boots (Bears Power and FS7) .... and I ran threw a bunch of white pots, some yellow herbs and well-baked cookies (random consumables I had lying around)

What am I doing wrong???? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

I was planning on going Cornus hunting next (had a pending mid-TI to complete) and my confidence has taken a kick in the nether regions .... :sob: :sob: :sob:

You are on right track

But you must know this common knowledge, 3 biggest enemy for gx
1. Monster with reflect damage skill
2. Monster with high lvl magic atk
3. Ranged atk monster

Fighting cornus bring you into suicide, you will die with his reflect

Mobbing ranged atk monster is bad idea, you must really avoid this. Take ranged monster one by one

Try ferus/acidus on abyss lake or stay on nogg until you have reach level for fighting scaraba(lvl 126). Or you can do leveling on manuk field 3, centipedes and tatacho, the map really mobbed like TI

Edited by Azumatsu, 21 May 2016 - 09:37 AM.

#40 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:52 PM

Mobs are hard this week for gx. Play ranger instead! What garment are you using? 

https://forums.warpp...-set-in-mid-ti/

I sorta sold most of my Ranger's eqps :P  and I really really want to level up my GX to the point I can solo OGH (and other isntances) frequently. I've spent more than 1b on his eqps and I'm wondering when will he start earning them back .....

About the mobs with range attack, I guess iRO does that every couple of weeks..

Seeker - April 28

Dimik - March 31st

Ragged Zombie - March 3rd

Ideally, I should have milked the mid-TI monsters for last week (i.e.: Hodremlin & Ice Titan), but unfortunately I was in the process of increasing my Dex (and hence, HIT) and that time. So I guess I just gotta be patient !!!!

#41 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:04 PM

You are on right track

But you must know this common knowledge, 3 biggest enemy for gx
1. Monster with reflect damage skill
2. Monster with high lvl magic atk
3. Ranged atk monster

Fighting cornus bring you into suicide, you will die with his reflect

Mobbing ranged atk monster is bad idea, you must really avoid this. Take ranged monster one by one

Try ferus/acidus on abyss lake or stay on nogg until you have reach level for fighting scaraba(lvl 126). Or you can do leveling on manuk field 3, centipedes and tatacho, the map really mobbed like TI

Thanks for sharing your advice and it's great to know that I'm going the correct way !!!!  :gg:  :gg:  .. I just hope I'm not going too fast ...

Cornus, - I really didn't realize what exactly the skill was and what annoyed me even more was that, despite my wife helping me with her FS Arch Bishop, I still managed to die after ~40-45 Cornus-es and NOW i know why !!!!

Ranged attk monster - I learnt that one the hard way too...... *mumble mumble* freakin Kobold Archer mobs *mumble mumble* 

Abyss lake - it's an awesome suggestion (specially because of the weekly TI) and I was doing good in that map too, but I weirdly, the mobs there are not as much as I assumed (IDK if iRO changed anything or is it just me) ....

Nogg road - It has been awesome so far , I've probably been there since ~110 to 119 and I really look forward to Scaraba at ~126..

Man_fild03 - I've been in this map since I turned 120 as I was doing the "Report from the New World" quest and having the Thana Katar was a MAJOR help to get those extra reports...

I'm also considering dic_fild01  since I could do the El Dicates Bounty boards back-to-back.. 

#42 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:13 PM

the dolomedes have an attack range just outside RC, so that might not be a good idea. you can try doing scaraba lvl 1, should be good exp for your level

#43 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:19 PM

the dolomedes have an attack range just outside RC, so that might not be a good idea. you can try doing scaraba lvl 1, should be good exp for your level

thanks for the heads-up, surprisingly, I didn't check that... I guess the bounty board rewards made me overlook that..  :heh:  :heh:

#44 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:30 AM

I still went to Dolomedes. See the beauty of GX is that you learn how to play with them. For dolomedes, you mob a few of them and walk them until they are all mobbed together. Then you just either Dark Illusion to them or Back Slide, then RC. I remember leveling there with both of my GX's.

What level are you currently and I will tell you exactly where you need to go next.

#45 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:32 AM

I still went to Dolomedes. See the beauty of GX is that you learn how to play with them. For dolomedes, you mob a few of them and walk them until they are all mobbed together. Then you just either Dark Illusion to them or Back Slide, then RC. I remember leveling there with both of my GX's.

What level are you currently and I will tell you exactly where you need to go next.

that works until you get webbed T_T
i think he said 120, so scaraba lvl 1, or raydric/AK/khalitz with GH spotlight is good

#46 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:43 PM

use soul destroyer or CRS against cornus

#47 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:09 PM

Cross Impact with an unholy touch works too (one shot while reflect isn't up).

Edited by mildcontempt, 23 May 2016 - 03:10 PM.

#48 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for sharing your advice and it's great to know that I'm going the correct way !!!!  :gg:  :gg:  .. I just hope I'm not going too fast ...

Cornus, - I really didn't realize what exactly the skill was and what annoyed me even more was that, despite my wife helping me with her FS Arch Bishop, I still managed to die after ~40-45 Cornus-es and NOW i know why !!!!

Ranged attk monster - I learnt that one the hard way too...... *mumble mumble* freakin Kobold Archer mobs *mumble mumble* 

Abyss lake - it's an awesome suggestion (specially because of the weekly TI) and I was doing good in that map too, but I weirdly, the mobs there are not as much as I assumed (IDK if iRO changed anything or is it just me) ....

Nogg road - It has been awesome so far , I've probably been there since ~110 to 119 and I really look forward to Scaraba at ~126..

Man_fild03 - I've been in this map since I turned 120 as I was doing the "Report from the New World" quest and having the Thana Katar was a MAJOR help to get those extra reports...

I'm also considering dic_fild01  since I could do the El Dicates Bounty boards back-to-back.. 

hmm for abyss lake, last time i go there just for stacking bounty board. truth not as mob as gramp but i think have enough mob to clear bb fast. maybe some monster stack on corner  :heh:

you can straight scaraba 1 at lvl 120 and scaraba 2 at lvl 124. bring fire converter, check your hit rate, and ready to slaughter them

just don't mistaken normal scaraba with queen scaraba, that queen really tough  :heh:

#49 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:23 PM

My stats  and gear :

http://imgur.com/Asew7CC

More info :

Gear
+9 RWH (Carat Card)
+4 Nab's Cloth (Earth Deleter card + atk 3% + atk 3% + FS2)
+7 Heroic Backpack (Raydric Card)
+7 Temporal Str Boots (Bears Power + FS7)
The Sign (temporary)
Ring of Mustle (temporary)

Weapons:
+9 Malicious Thanatos Katar
+7 Quad Malicious Speciality Jur

@MoyuZ777 : I believe that exp/hr in Dic_dun01 will be better than the 2 Dolomedes maps and also, after sharing the info of both options with my wife (FS AB), she's more confident of keeping me alive n kicking at the Scaraba map... 

that works until you get webbed T_T
i think he said 120, so scaraba lvl 1, or raydric/AK/khalitz with GH spotlight is good

@beaupoem: While reading about "webbed aka spider web" , i found out that Rake Scaraba and Antler Scaraba have that skill too!!! Gotta keep that in mind when I head down to Dic_dun02. Also, I tried Gl_Knt01 and Gl_Knt02 and it's good, but quite crowded; comparatively Man_Fild03 has better Exp/Hr , but I guess that's just me..

use soul destroyer or CRS against cornus

@fuyukikun : Apparently, my Soul Destroyer is only Level 1, so I guess I can try something with RC+CRS ... I wanna give up on Cornus, but I just HAVE to finish the 400 count for Gramps. I mean cmon, the poor ol' guy is counting on me !!!!!

Cross Impact with an unholy touch works too (one shot while reflect isn't up).

@mildcontempt: That sounds doable by me .. I finally get a reason to upgrade my Unholy Touch(es) and also try out the Malangdo enchants !!!

hmm for abyss lake, last time i go there just for stacking bounty board. truth not as mob as gramp but i think have enough mob to clear bb fast. maybe some monster stack on corner  :heh:

you can straight scaraba 1 at lvl 120 and scaraba 2 at lvl 124. bring fire converter, check your hit rate, and ready to slaughter them

just don't mistaken normal scaraba with queen scaraba, that queen really tough  :heh:

"enough mob to clear bb fast" , now that's a little subjective. To me, clearing a BB fast would mean < 20-25mins  or 30mins at the most. Seems like "scaraba1" is the popular advice and I'll surely take it up and share my experiences. I'll try to stay away from Her Highness...  :heh:  :heh:

#50 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:29 PM

About your advice on bringing fire converter , is it the same as keeping a Sage handy for "Endow Blaze" ? Also, does the Endow skill (Blaze,Quake etc.) stack with EDP ?? I have a feeling it shouldn't, but no harm in getting confirmation, eh !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users