Classic June 2nd Maintenance - Page 4 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic June 2nd Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#76 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:09 AM

I've been back to this server for 6 days and I really don't understand why y'all don't want to participate in woe 2 it will be the first time everyone is on equal footing almost like a tournament type event not attending these will just show the gm team there hard work is not appreciated

#77 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:11 AM

IM usually has about 20 people plus double-logged alts. That's it. 

We take what we can get and roll with it, and that includes weird event WoEs that may not be ideal for everyone (seriously, screw WoE2). Maybe some people will like it, maybe other people won't, but just throwing your hands up and walking away isn't going to solve any problems that the GMs are trying to fix. I'd like to think that the whole "numbers" thing will stop mattering when/if this server makes it off life support, which should probably be the #1 priority here.

We've been below 20 w/ alts....

If I don't consider something "fun" I'm not obligated to play, I don't care if you think it's your god given right to have me as an opponent. Try asking nicely if you want someone to play with instead of insulting or belittling me and then, if I had some kind of "these guys are friends!" revelation rather than "these guys talk down to me, trash talk, make dumb videos, come to my spot constantly and be annoying, take in ddosers" then yeah, I might consider it.

A few weeks ago, I actually gave a nod to a request to play vs me despite not wanting to and now it's just constant BS.

Mistake, I assume.

What's the argument here tho? I don't want to play, my guild mostly don't want to play, we think the direction the staff is taking is misguided in terms of altering/alienating certain types of players when a mix is required for a healthy server? I can vouch for it because I used the same methodology to build my guild playerbase in the past and it WORKS.

#78 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:36 PM

One man said... "In a mad world, only the mad are sane."

Edited by VModCinnamon, 04 June 2016 - 08:24 PM.
Post has been removed.

#79 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:06 PM

<>

tumblr_inline_mpizilffFX1qz4rgp.gif

Edited by VModCinnamon, 04 June 2016 - 08:25 PM.
Edited in quote, where are my dragons?

#80 TheLeafs

TheLeafs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

<>

ugh

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:54 PM

Undying, on 21 Jan 2016 - 5:47 PM, said:snapback.png

Stuff

Right? RIGHT? We spend too many time/energy trying to find the good and the bad guys. Turns out there are no good or bad guys. There are different groups and their interests. It's only natural they defend their interests. 

Edited by ShinRyoma, 21 January 2016 - 02:02 PM.

This was posted by you Mr ShinRyoma. Now before you go on your anti V**h***a crusade, calm your t**s and enjoy the game like you want while others try to enjoy it their own way. No need to call me out on a dual like last time you did btw, you know how that ended  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: .

Edited by VModCinnamon, 04 June 2016 - 08:25 PM.
Edited in quote

#81 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:38 PM

Did you try to make a point? You failed. Not pointing out any good or bad. Event is gonna happen and we know how it will end when you dont have items you never made/deserve to save you. Its up to you to be crushed as a warrior or to hide like a worm. Some od your guildies already made their choice.

#82 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:42 PM

Tell me more about Yoshy's contribution to Valhalla.

(p.s: weren't you using megs today?)

Edited by Xellie, 04 June 2016 - 05:45 PM.

#83 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:50 PM

MEGS? AUHEAUHEUAHEUAHEUAH

No I was not even close to using megs. First because we don't have that many megs to use. Second because I'm playing champ, unlike your scrub horde I don't need them to play. If we had megs you can be damn sure one we would find a better use to them than a champ, and no gtb zerg(sad, so sad) would happen. And you're the one that told me about his contribution. Or the lack of contribution. I've been on iRO for about 11 months, thank you. Verify me all you want.

#84 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:02 PM

r9k88T6.gif

"No Drama Guild" my backside.

Edited by Xellie, 04 June 2016 - 06:05 PM.

#85 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:11 PM

What you're calling drama it's just some of us that bother enough to come here post giving people some laughing material, lol. If you would just not play the damn thing instead of trying to make it look like the right thing to do, none of this would happen. About your backsides... well, I leave it to someone else to care of. Any volunteers?

#86 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:15 PM

You do not have the right to criticize my opinion toward the staff actions. That is strictly between me and Campitor.

Nor do you have the right to tell my guildmembers they are not entitled to express their derision.

I still think that alliances are the bigger issue than items, look at what happened today. We refused to let an ally recall so we could 1v1, leaving number alliance to 3(4?) v 1 a single guild. It's not right.

#87 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:24 PM

Then don't make your opinion public, PM it to Campitor. If your guildies express their decision, so will I express my opinion about that lol. They're playing anyway and we all know that idk what's the big deal.

What happened today was precasting (both sides). woe 1 kinda sucks. And so do alliances. And so do low pop. Gotta fix what we can, imho. Baby steps.

#88 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:30 PM

What happened today was a precursor and reason to maintain the alliance and previous status quo. Something I think we both agree IS NOT WANTED.

So instead of being all salty about my guild and how they think the staff are doing the wrong thing at the wrong time (they promised an event woe with disabled alliances and it never happened) - all the focus is in the wrong place. Just stand by the fundamentals of Ragnarok instead of changing it.

Your behaviour, even if just for HUE sake is pretty damaging to attempting to grow the population. People shouldn't feel the need to not express an opinion nor should campitor have to read PMs from every single player individually. He has a freaking job to do and this sort of bandwagon attacking people for stuff like "Well I dont think it'll be fun" "I think there's other issues at hand here" simply slows the staff down from doing anything good on fixing classic and further breaks down the relationship between the staff and community.

On the otherhand if you could have a discussion without resorting to personal attacks and insults, it could be quite useful.

Now, I have a video to post around and share up and promote to help publicize the server. I'll be on social media platforms doing some positive work, maybe you should try doing the same.

#89 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:44 PM

Oh I'm not gonna bite that one. I've done plenty for today. My behavior has absolutely nothing to do with anything. It's all about their freaking job that you just spoke of.

Also it's really good that you're back to helping publicize the server instead of making videos with rant or that ridiculous reverse advertising (I would look that up but I'm too lazy sorry). We all appreciate it. Peace.

#90 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

I'm still pretty adverse to doing more work/caring more about the server than the staff, so don't expect too much. If the server is being changed to accommodate a different style at the cost of driving away my own, then I have no reason to do this.

Players like the core of Valhalla need content too.

Don't thank me, thank campitor. I'm still extremely angry but we'll see what happens

Edited by Xellie, 04 June 2016 - 07:14 PM.

#91 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:13 PM

Requesting a cooldown.

This thread is getting locked over the weekend. Content will be reviewed and updates will be posted if necessary. Thank you all.

Edit: Thread is now unlocked.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 06 June 2016 - 12:41 PM.
Edit

#92 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:30 PM

Thanks for the free reset. Gotta love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users