Patch Notes v611 - Paradigm Shift Update - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v611 - Paradigm Shift Update

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#26 JRTorres

JRTorres

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:35 AM

Leveling is a lot harder now. :(

#27 emmeyy

emmeyy

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:38 AM

Where are these new gem like Blinding Rosasite Cushion drop??is there a new boss for this gem?

#28 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:54 AM

Battle clerics suck.

Taunt is overpowered? (w/e ever that skill is)

Mage is overpowered.

But thats my opinion :rolleyes:

Edited by Peteer, 22 June 2016 - 10:55 AM.

#29 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:46 AM

Taunt is overpowered? (w/e ever that skill is)

Mage is overpowered.

I posted this in the Rep section [before it was deleted] but since it's deleted I can't quote it. But it is true. I gave advanced warning, but it was not looked into. 

#30 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:59 AM

Battle clerics suck.

The nerf to quick medic (-2.5% attack speed) seems unnecessary and kinda random

#31 amfutah

amfutah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:40 PM

Crafting G1 give single substat even have 800sen. Is this part of update ?

#32 Draquora

Draquora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:05 PM

What Valor daily quests are you talking about that gives advanced material for PvM oriented Runes. I dont do dungeons because i think they are boring and if thats the only way o get those materials than this game is no longer for me

#33 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:20 PM

Crafting G1 give single substat even have 800sen. Is this part of update ?

Yup. 

#34 Jlcoop

Jlcoop

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:56 PM

I don't mind new things been playing this game for like 10 years but dang a lot of people quit.

#35 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:38 PM

I don't mind new things been playing this game for like 10 years but dang a lot of people quit.

Since the free resets tick down when you are logged in on the live server, some people might be testing builds on Pegasus so they have a better idea of what they want to do before logging in on Arua.

If it's old friends that you can't find, why not send them a pm here at the forum? Most old time ROSE players come back at a point even if they take a break for awhile so when your friends do that, they will see that you messaged them.

#36 3722121031200347517

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:17 PM

my free resets still on 9hrs how come?

#37 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:37 PM

While everyone can crit but not many have put some charm for crit defense, everyone is squishy as puke_rainbow_by_rober_raik-d4cw2ik.png

So at the moment, AA finishes very fast, and the most common are mage and cannon bourg, cause noone can barely resist to the crit, range AoE is favored :v :v :v

---

About nerf attack speed on Quick Medics, is it really true?

Is it that necessary?

If quick medics was nerfed, then how about Wired and Fury?

#38 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

Many attack speed passives, items and stats were halved. It was a global change to slow down the rampant over-powering nature of the stat. 

#39 Rambo9001

Rambo9001

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:32 PM

Very minor thing but Six Stick Bowgun is the same atk speed as the other Bowguns after update.

#40 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:42 PM

• Party buffs keep on flashing non stop (kind of annoying)
  • After the AA game ends (Im guessing all pvp games though) the client just crashes (in most players)
  • There is an animation delay on death that makes you be able to still target them 
  • There is a skill animation delay that makes the effect of the skill go before the skill casting is done
  • HP smooth transition is just hella annoying, doesnt allow you to keep a proper track of your HP or the HP of others (huge problem when you play as support)
  • Sense is not needed what so ever.. Even my cleric with 0 sen is able to critic 
  • DOT needs to have a small rescalated in terms of pvp 
  • Charm/Critical defense ratio is way too low atm, even with high charm you get critic like crazy
  • Heals: the HOT is fine but they are not even close with the DOT or skill dmg, I'm not saying they have to be as strong or anything like that, but having a 383 heal every 3 seconds or 1500 per 5 seconds is not a reasonable amount when we are talking about 1k DOT  per second or even 0,5 secs or 4-5k skill dmg. Also the nerf on the "smaller" heals doesnt help. You are pretty much forced into getting the salamander flames which complety kills the option of making an speed cleric which was one of th emost enjoyable things to play imo
  • in terms of PvM I found nothing worth mentioning, Skillers will end the dgs fast (10 min aprox to clean cou 100% without stat buffs and tbh we suck at dg lol) but if you try to use aspeed base chars you can end up staying 25 min inside of it.

Edited by carlosrose, 22 June 2016 - 11:45 PM.

#41 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:34 AM

Many attack speed passives, items and stats were halved. It was a global change to slow down the rampant over-powering nature of the stat. 

Global changes often contain unnecessary parts. The stat was overpowered, but not on all builds. Classes that didn't get crit damage never saw the high multiplicative offensive scaling of attack speed. Raiders doing +150% damage on crits gave higher dps than clerics doing +50%, and raiders crit more often.

I'll use simple numbers and pretend that attacks do 1 damage, though clerics effectively do more due to wands being magic. I'll assume 45% crit chance on raiders and 40% on bc though raiders passively get 10% critical chance.

45% of +150% is 67.5 and 40% of +50% is 20

Let's say raiders attack 2.1 times a second and clerics attack 1.7 times which is fairly close though the gap could be wider. Their build wouldn't be just raw attack speed because they need enough crit and damage to back it up.

So raiders so 1.675 damage per attack and clerics do 1.2

Raiders would do 3.507 dps per second while clerics do 2.04 which is 58.17% as much damage.

And this is without taking into account valkyrie charm and pvp bonuses

It was the multiplicative scaling of crit damage that made attack speed good. Nerfing attack speed equally led to unnecessary nerfs of some classes. A better change would have been to lower attack speed a little bit for everyone while shaving a little power from the crit damage passives which would have gone a long way to reduce the power of dps builds. Players have complained having less attack speed, but they would be less inclined to notice the overall weaker power of crits because the character would still do the special crit animation. Overall it would have brought down power in a fairer way and I think players would have preferred it.

#42 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:07 AM

You're preaching to the wrong person DR, I didn't care for the change, I didn't support that change, and that change ruined a lot of skills, specifically for classes like Champions, Knights and BC's. 

However, if you're just responding to the thought and quoted my post, then be my guest, but make sure you're aiming to the right source. 

#43 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:33 AM

Oh well... (My) BC is nerfed asf. Guess i have to make it FS now to make the most out of it..  :sob:

Edited by Peteer, 23 June 2016 - 05:33 AM.

#44 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:00 AM

Just tried Hall of Oblivion, the boss burnt us at 2k in less than a sec, even the knight couldn't survive lol

R.I.P

#45 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:17 AM

purify potions

#46 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:13 AM

The ROSE Team is looking into the issue with AA crashing at this time, as well as the timer resets not giving the correct 24 hour timers for everyone. Thank you for your reports guys, and for the feedback you have provided so far with regards to the stat and skill changes. 

#47 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:20 AM

CON is a garbage stat now. It no longer gives Critical, meaning it only gives accu [and AP on certain weapons*] Please add Critical Defense and  HP/MP Received Rating on this stat.

SEN is now also a garbage stat. It no longer gives a Defense to Criticals, it's AP contribution is laughable, and it's Critical Rating scale is low for non-crit passive classes. Please increase the AP contribution from 0.1 : 1 SEN to 0.25 : 1 SEN. Also give this stat Status Resist Rating, and a Critical Damage Rating.

DEX outside of being a Hawker is under valued. Outside of Hawkers it provides a laughable Dodge bonus, and secondary AP on certain weapons. Please give this stat a DoT Resist Rating, an HP / MP Recovery Rating, and a Def Pierce Rating.

All other class stats are fine.

#48 100002969028758

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:53 PM

all updates this was the most time consuming to bring life, and that did not sit well.
sorry my opinion

#49 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:03 PM

CON is a garbage stat now. It no longer gives Critical, meaning it only gives accu [and AP on certain weapons*] Please add Critical Defense and  HP/MP Received Rating on this stat.

SEN is now also a garbage stat. It no longer gives a Defense to Criticals, it's AP contribution is laughable, and it's Critical Rating scale is low for non-crit passive classes. Please increase the AP contribution from 0.1 : 1 SEN to 0.25 : 1 SEN. Also give this stat Status Resist Rating, and a Critical Damage Rating.

DEX outside of being a Hawker is under valued. Outside of Hawkers it provides a laughable Dodge bonus, and secondary AP on certain weapons. Please give this stat a DoT Resist Rating, an HP / MP Recovery Rating, and a Def Pierce Rating.

All other class stats are fine.

I agree that those stats are lacking. I don't know if those specific changes would be best, but they need to be buffed.

#50 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:47 PM

The Full Support cleric has been nerfed for no reason - yet as mentioned so many times its the flames!!

its just going to back to a boring spam fest like before with these flames, and most clerics just standing there and spamming until they die - how boring! no strategy or good gameplay at all.

Please please please, just nerf the flames as they are just a joke... or even keep them the same for pvm and then have a pvp version which is slightly different, as it simply just gets super boring for PVP.

then increase the heals as its a slight joke right now, the heal over time is a nice effect and could be used well but the values are just silly!

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users