Classic June 30th Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic June 30th Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#26 Fapman

Fapman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:45 PM

We have extended the leveling event to the end of the day on July 4th so people have a little more time to get their characters to 99.

God speed to any new player trying to make a wizard. That job change quest is WAY too hard, especially for newer players.

#27 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:12 PM

What about that spend 2k KP thing you have mentioned in last week's patch notes? Is that still gonna be rewarded on the 30th?

This one is null and void? Or will still happen?

#28 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

God speed to any new player trying to make a wizard. That job change quest is WAY too hard, especially for newer players.

I appreciated the challenge the first time I did it maybe 10 years ago. I liked having to figure out how to do it. Firewall, frost diver, and lightning bolt are all you need.

Actually I just realized that greatest generals weren't as annoying to kill back then. Whoever decided to make them retaliate when being cast on is a cruel person. It's the last thing you have to kill in the quest and it hits you for like half your health whenever it hits you with the blind attack.

#29 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:26 PM

This one is null and void? Or will still happen?

The spend one will be awarded on the 1st. So that we don't miss anyone who decides to spend at 11:59pm PDT

#30 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:01 PM

The following monsters had their stats changed to the following

def mdef
POM_SPIDER 70 45
PARUS 58 10
MIMING 40 40
ANGRA_MANTIS 50 25
LITTLE_FATUM 15 60
LOST_DRAGON 15 20

#31 Fonzie

Fonzie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:11 PM

What about the headgears for the kafra shop event and 99 event?

#32 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:24 PM

Really not liking the ninja uptime on the server.... announce em swt.

#33 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:31 PM

Really not liking the ninja uptime on the server.... announce em swt.

Same. I've also posted about it last week. I was hoping they would always have an official server up time announcement evey after maint.

Edited by teresias, 30 June 2016 - 04:32 PM.

#34 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:04 PM

There was an in game message stating that there's a reward if a new char is made and is levelled to 99 from 15-30th of June, what exactly is the reward?

We have extended the leveling event to the end of the day on July 4th so people have a little more time to get their characters to 99.

you do realize you ignored the actual question, right?

Edited by dzmL, 30 June 2016 - 05:13 PM.

#35 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:20 PM

Same. I've also posted about it last week. I was hoping they would always have an official server up time announcement evey after maint.

My apologies the server was up at 6:08 PM. I then immediately had to go into a meeting. I just got back.

#36 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:29 PM

ca51273d14.jpg

Yup, that alchemist reset is really helping new and small guilds get ranked... wait, no now there's just two of the same guild on the list.

Alchemists resets are important as it means that alchemists need to continually craft in order to maintain their place on the list. If we did not perform any resets then alchemists from eras gone by would present a mountain that new alchemists would struggle to over come.

I think that may be helpful to all guilds as it allows other alchemists to take over pot creation duties without the need to always use the same character just because it is the ranked one.

As far as I can tell most guilds try to have one or two alchemists creating potions which is just fine. But that does divide their resources and possibly hurt their ability to climb the list. If they want to risk that, that is up to them.

#37 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:08 PM

Alchemists resets are important as it means that alchemists need to continually craft in order to maintain their place on the list. If we did not perform any resets then alchemists from eras gone by would present a mountain that new alchemists would struggle to over come.

I think that may be helpful to all guilds as it allows other alchemists to take over pot creation duties without the need to always use the same character just because it is the ranked one.

As far as I can tell most guilds try to have one or two alchemists creating potions which is just fine. But that does divide their resources and possibly hurt their ability to climb the list. If they want to risk that, that is up to them.

I can understand the reasoning as to why implementing a ranking reset would be desirable, however I'm pretty sure all that Tolrin is pointing out is that implementing the reset did (to the shock and awe of none of the 40 people that play this server) absolutely nothing to help encourage new players and/or guilds to bother playing, let alone trying to brew. Not sure where the hoards of new players and guilds are supposed to be coming from at this point. 

I'd recommend the GM's start looking into server transfer packages for those whom may want to transfer their characters to renewal if classic were to close. I would be interested in such a service and I'm fairly certain I am not the only one who would either. 

#38 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:19 PM

transfer both ways would be nice if possible

#39 VaIhalla

VaIhalla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:23 PM

I'd recommend the GM's start looking into server transfer packages for those whom may want to transfer their characters to renewal if classic were to close. I would be interested in such a service and I'm fairly certain I am not the only one who would either. 

That is literally the most dramatic response to a system that has existed since 2006 to address worse problems with the ranking list.

(we had three on the list last year - where were the posts? Just posting the day we rank our third again and insultingly calling it our second?)

#40 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:29 PM

That is literally the most dramatic response to a system that has existed since 2006 to address worse problems with the ranking list.

(we had three on the list last year - where were the posts? Just posting the day we rank our third again and insultingly calling it our second?)

Why are you assuming my request about server transfers is related to the ranking system? 

My request is not related to the ranking system. I don't really care either way if they keep or reset the rankings. 

It's about not wanting to play on a server that has only 40 actual players. :P Sometimes, not everything is about you. 

Edited by Ecclesio, 30 June 2016 - 06:30 PM.

#41 VaIhalla

VaIhalla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:40 PM

Why are you assuming my request about server transfers is related to the ranking system? 

My request is not related to the ranking system. I don't really care either way if they keep or reset the rankings. 

It's about not wanting to play on a server that has only 40 actual players. :P Sometimes, not everything is about you. 

Could you do us a solid and tell Tolrin that?

#42 VaIhalla

VaIhalla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:45 PM

Maintenance begins at 2PM and will run towards 6PM. This is to give us an idea of how long a classic only maintenance will take and separate them out on different days.

Changes:

• Maya Purple Card Added to event WoE Block
  • Next week we will turn off alliance protection in Event WoE. (this means allies will not be protected from being hit).
  • Fixing a error that prevented the Hazy Forest from being implemented last week.
  • Updating Boxter
  • Greyworld being patched out.

We have reviewed Greyworld and its effect on playing the game. Unfortunately the edit has had a negative impact of WoE as it no longer allows players to attempt to hide behind terrain. Due to this players have until Aug 1st to stop using this edit. 

What happen?

#43 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

Could you do us a solid and tell Tolrin that?

Tell him what? That he's right about the fact that resetting the alchemist rank brought 0 players to the server despite the fact that your guild desperately argued that it would? :)

#44 VaIhalla

VaIhalla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:55 PM

Tell him what? That he's right about the fact that resetting the alchemist rank brought 0 players to the server despite the fact that your guild desperately argued that it would? :)

NOBODY SAID THAT

#45 VaIhalla

VaIhalla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:00 PM

WE TOLD EVERYONE THAT THE ALCHEMIST REST HAPPEN NOW  9001 NEW PEOPLE JOIN CLASSIC SUCH A GREAT PLAN

#46 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:06 PM

Well that went down hill quickly. Alchemists resets are something that need to happen for the health of the server. I suggest we leave it at that rather than fight each other. We have a holiday this weekend so I hope to hear tales of adventures both in and out of game from everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users