Server is a joke, DB, BB, Amulet everywhere. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Server is a joke, DB, BB, Amulet everywhere.

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:04 AM

I do... cause *plays with fingers* I'm just an average geared gene/RK :P

*looks at yamasakai's fingers*

With fingers like that, you only consider yourself average when playing with your gear? :^)

#27 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:27 AM

With fingers like that, you only consider yourself average when playing with your gear? :^)

Literally  :heh:

#28 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:20 AM

Oh, well in my case I haven't done Criatura as I'm an old fogey player so I tend to just take advantage of collected gears in my storage. :heh:

But when creating a new character recently I did feel it was weird to just be dumped out on the boat in Izlude rather than at the new tutorial area (Criatura). I think the old Training Grounds was good in that respect.

the criatura academy IS in izlude dude

#29 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:41 AM

top kek

#30 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:20 AM

Welcome to iRO son lel #rekt

#31 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:17 AM

I know. What I meant is it'd be good if it spawned you directly in the academy, like how the old Training Grounds took you to a lobby / reception area.

Edited by soudou, 05 July 2016 - 08:23 AM.

#32 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:23 AM

The old Training Grounds dumped you on an island and you had to walk to the castle. I don't see how it's all that different from being dumped on a boat and walking to the academy.

#33 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:26 AM

iRO really is going down the drain.

Came back to play since I'm having holidays, every single map is litterally being filled with Dead Branch and Amulet monsters, some even have Bloody Branch MVPs. No idea whats the intention of this.

Starting out at Izlude, I head towards Prontera fields 05 trying to level with hornets, instantly died with multiple Soldier Skeletons and Archer Skeletons near the Kafra.

Fine, I head towards Payon with only 2000 zeny gained from junk loots, went to the spores map, A SWARM of BB and Amulet monsters by the portal.I move south of payon, got hit with tons of amulet monsters. Munak, Sekeleton General, Zombie Slaughter. etc etc. 

Okay, I manage to obtain some strawberries and sell em to buyers. I try my luck again to Geffen, tried east, west, and north and ALL have unkillable monsters. Eremes Guile, Incubus, Soldier skeletons, Seyren Windsor, Ice Titan, just to name a few?

I decided to give a Morocc a go, head to the pyramids for familiars, I got hit by multiple Bio Lab monsters, Cecil Damon, Laurell Winder etc. Without even gaining 50% exp, I died numerous times. Finally, on my last attempt, I got hit by a Egnigem Cenia?! 

I spent my entire day hoping around maps, finding a feasible place to level and hunt for sellable items at the same time. I end up getting close to none? After selling them items, I can't even compensate for the zeny lost through buying consumables and Kafra teleporting. 

Really? Is this some sort of a welcome to returning or new players using first jobs? Nowonder you have a declining population, WarpPortal. So frustrated with the current situation. I can't level, can't hunt for sellable loots, and I certainly DO NOT ENJOY the game anymore. Way to spoil a memorable and worthy MMO. 

Sent in a ticket, haven't got a reply for like 2 WORKING days now? Am I supposed to die at least 10 times to gain 1 base level? Most beginner maps are filled with at least 1 DB, Amulet or BB monsters. I teleport away from a Munak, just to arrive at another spot to face a Zombie Slaughter. I can't fathom the purpose of playing this game anymore. 

Hey there bud,

lemme know if youneed help lvling!

I got to lvl 99 in one day and transed as well!

I am so down to help you!

Shoot me a message! xoxo

I have an AB/Wanderer/Linker

<3

#34 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:29 AM

The old Training Grounds dumped you on an island and you had to walk to the castle. I don't see how it's all that different from being dumped on a boat and walking to the academy.

The island was sort of a separate instance / corridor to the training grounds and you had nowhere else to go except straight to the tutorial. I'm just not sure what the purpose of spawning on the right side of Izlude serves as opposed to a corridor inside the academy. But I don't personally mind it, as I can just wander off the boat and go straight to storage now.

Edited by soudou, 05 July 2016 - 08:32 AM.

#35 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:32 AM

You could chose the option to go straight to rune midgard. Still no difference

#36 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:36 AM

The island was sort of a separate instance / corridor to the training grounds and you had nowhere else to go except straight to the tutorial. I'm just not sure what the purpose of spawning on the right side of Izlude serves as opposed to a corridor inside the academy. But I don't personally mind it, as I can just wander off the boat and go straight to storage now.

The old Training Grounds also gave players the option to dive right into the game instead of going through the tutorial. The redone Izlude does that similarly but without having to go through an NPC. Both have more benefits if you choose to go through the tutorial, but the current Izlude gives more useful stuff like enchanted gears whereas the Training Grounds just gave you meh NPC gears.

#37 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:38 AM

I..... admit my lost. Didn't see that coming.

#38 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:44 AM

The old Training Grounds also gave players the option to dive right into the game instead of going through the tutorial. The redone Izlude does that similarly but without having to go through an NPC. Both have more benefits if you choose to go through the tutorial, but the current Izlude gives more useful stuff like enchanted gears whereas the Training Grounds just gave you meh NPC gears.

Right it is much more worth peoples time now, I remember before Training Grounds you were just dumped into the town of your class (e.g. Acolyte - Prontera which would be confusing to a new player now being overwhelmed by all those shops). I just thought maybe not having an NPC between you and the open world might be a reason some wander off the boat and miss Criatura, but I don't know if many actually do that (I know for sure the bots don't).

Edited by soudou, 05 July 2016 - 08:46 AM.

#39 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:37 AM

I know. What I meant is it'd be good if it spawned you directly in the academy, like how the old Training Grounds took you to a lobby / reception area.

you spawn on a deck of a ship, exit the portal, get told to talk to an npc 20 steps away who then points you in the direction of the academy. i mean this is like WoW-levels of handholding, how much more needs to be put in?

#40 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:40 AM

People were still confused with the old Training Grounds and that was as linear as you could get. Honestly, the only reason I can see for being confused about anything in new Izlude is if you straight up don't read a single thing from the NPCs, which is really on you, not the game.

#41 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:06 AM

you spawn on a deck of a ship, exit the portal, get told to talk to an npc 20 steps away who then points you in the direction of the academy. i mean this is like WoW-levels of handholding, how much more needs to be put in?

I just wondered if some ever exit the portal and keep walking to explore, but maybe I'm giving people too much benefit of the doubt there and no-one actually inadvertently misses it.

It might not hurt for Mr Moose to pipe up with a pop up, especially since it'd be more useful than the cows in Moscovia who pop up with "Moo" when you pass them. :heh:
But yeah he does have the animated notification at least.

Edited by soudou, 05 July 2016 - 10:10 AM.

#42 TenkU4dKeeL

TenkU4dKeeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:10 PM

what if branched monsters have a duration timer? maybe 5 to 10 minutes for branch/amulet and 20 to 30 minutes for BB? this will give people ample time to kill these mobs yet they still get cleared automatically if someone left them on the map intentionally.

#43 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:27 PM

what if branched monsters have a duration timer? maybe 5 to 10 minutes for branch/amulet and 20 to 30 minutes for BB? this will give people ample time to kill these mobs yet they still get cleared automatically if someone left them on the map intentionally.

Great idea but I have a feeling they can't really code this

#44 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:24 PM

you spawn on a deck of a ship, exit the portal, get told to talk to an npc 20 MILES away who then points you in the direction of the academy. 

corrected to adjust to sodou's view

#45 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:45 PM

corrected to adjust to sodou's view

I agree it's not far to walk north. I just wondered if any ever went south without a pop-up dialog from Captain Moose, but I stand corrected as mistaken. I didn't word myself well, and I do apologize for that. I agree the majority in response to the earlier "Why do people never go through the tutorial area?" would be it's intentional and it'd only be a minority case for if it were unintentionally passed by.

That sounds cool, though I guess people tend to just spam these things regardless of how long they survive (when I had my ME priest out clearing Amulet spawns, they kept spamming regardless). So I guess the only way is all or nothing deal of disabling on certain maps as has been done on some common griefing spots.

Edited by soudou, 05 July 2016 - 04:17 PM.

#46 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:23 PM

Let's just turn RO into this and be done with it.

#47 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:35 PM

Let's just turn RO into this and be done with it.

Heh, I actually liked FF12's vast open towns more (though it wasn't without its flaws in other aspects).

But yeah, I'm sorry I didn't word myself well, because I always felt the tutorial should have a skip option. By the corridor/instance thing I just meant it was unmissable, but not unskipable. However since it's not a majority of players, it's moot and I apologize for wording it like it was a majority.

#48 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:49 PM

Funny thing is, I bet even if RO was super linear like that, people would still complain about not knowing where to go.

#49 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:59 PM

Funny thing is, I bet even if RO was super linear like that, people would still complain about not knowing where to go.

Naturally, yeah, no helping that.  :ok:  And no reason for the rest of us to suffer through an unskipable path to cater to the few.
Again, sorry I came across wrong, I apologize.

#50 Nix02

Nix02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:15 PM

Well... we still have +50% drops active until this maintenance so that maybe the reason why those MVPs were summoned. Except for the popular farming maps as those were probably intended.

There are still a lot of maps that you could go to. Check out the new world map and formulate a better way of leveling/farming while avoiding the areas with summoned MVPs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users