Thank you everyone for participating!
Please review the information below to make sure yours is correct. Do not post unless there is an issue or concern (to avoid flooding) Thank you!
If your name contains a capital "i" to replace a lowercase "L", please let me know!
The #__'s in column F refers to where your submission post is located.
Greetings! I have returned from my little hiatus and I bring to you a new and interesting art event!
As we all know, artists have to start off somewhere, and no one starts off as a pro either.
But of course, over time and practice, we improve bit by bit.
Over the years, our styles change, our habits change, our tools change.
So let's show off the stripes that we earned as artists in this special art event!
We will be remaking an old piece of our own artwork, to show how much we've improved and changed since the time we originally made the first piece!
Thus this being, a "Before & After" art event!
(This is NOT a screenloader event)
- Everyone is a winner! There will be no 1st, 2nd, 3rd place prizes (it would be super difficult to set standards to judge by)
- Has to be your own artwork (both old and new versions)
- You can post WIPs if you'd like (just don't spam please!)
- This isn't a must, but I would recommend that you use artwork from 2+ years ago to remake, the bigger the difference in skill, the better! But you can choose to remake artwork that's less than a year old too!
- Has to be RO related
- It has to be a remake, you can't just post 1 artwork, then make something completely different and unrelated
- There has to be genuine effort and improvement (can't just use a stick figure from 2 years ago, and then drawing a crappy body on paint)
In other words, you can't half-ass this event just for the participation prize. People will be disqualified if deemed necessary by myself, and other artists.
What To Include:
- A copy of your old artwork and a copy of your remake (to compare)
- What tools/programs you used before, and what you used this time
- Your IGN and Server
August 9th, 2016 (4 weeks long)
BEFORE (2013): (used Photoshop only with regular brushes (except for background) used a BAMBOO pen tablet)
AFTER (2016): (used Paint Tool SAI with pencil, paint, airbrush, and watercolor, didn't want to add a background. Also used the same pen tablet from 3 years ago)
(You don't have to do it in this manner, this is just an example!)
There will be a more "non-artist" friendly creative event coming up after this one!
**Details, rules, and anything else are subject to change if necessary**
Edited by Akreis, 15 August 2016 - 07:11 AM.