Patch Notes 07/13/2016 [Complete] - Page 2 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 07/13/2016 [Complete]

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#26 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:56 PM

I still don't get why there is an urge to make purple achievements name. Make them all look white. White is a color that can fit on any place.
#notaracistiswear

I can imagine the why... 

#27 Firdeus

Firdeus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:36 PM

This day is not our day. The shoes of the "Sexy Popstar (female) Set" are missing, they will be added by tomorrow too. I greatly apologize for the inconvenience.

Sadly I can only recommend to re-install the game in this case.

I have re-installed the game and im still at game version 4.83?! why it wont patch  :sob:  :bash:  :p_cry:

EDT: Same thing is happening with my laptop no patch appears... Im trying re install desactivating antivirus but its been like this all this time has worked fine. Did the patch had any other sort of additional requirement? idk whats causing this

Edited by Firdeus, 13 July 2016 - 04:56 PM.

#28 100005687626735

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Server:Vyver

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:01 PM

Event IS/RIS in NPC Gato not work now ? 

#29 RinKagame

RinKagame

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:50 PM

I have re-installed the game and im still at game version 4.83?! why it wont patch  :sob:  :bash:  :p_cry:

EDT: Same thing is happening with my laptop no patch appears... Im trying re install desactivating antivirus but its been like this all this time has worked fine. Did the patch had any other sort of additional requirement? idk whats causing this

Same issue here. I tried re-installing making sure that dragon saga is added to the antivirus and firewall exceptions although this has never been a problem for me, and still i get the old game version.

Anyway, maybe you should try to check which programs have recently been updated in your computer. Some of those updates could be interfering with the new patch files. So try working with that and "undo" them to see if that's indeed the problem. Welp, its just a possibility. I will try this myself tonight and see if it works.

Im also quite curious why this is happening now tbh...

Edited by RinKagame, 13 July 2016 - 08:13 PM.

#30 POPOautumn

POPOautumn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:14 PM

Where's Scroll down a bit! The quest ?
Go to Gato and get your daily dose of [Event] Insurance Scrolls.

#31 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:41 PM

There is no Enchant Insurance Quest

Blame me for that. I forgot to activate it. I greatly apologize. The quest will be activated tomorrow in a short server maintenance at 15:00 server time. It will basically take not longer than a server restart.

It will be available tomorrow after the short restart. I believe the person who gives the quest is gato.

#32 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:53 AM

Hello Dragon Saga Friends!

It seems there currently is a problem with patching for some players. Since I personally have no problems I am not able to reproduce the current problem.

However, for everyone who is willing to download a pre-installed version 0.4.85 I RAR compressed it and uploaded it to Google Drive: https://drive.google...dHpmc1lud21IQzA

After downloading the file it needs to be decompressed by using WinRAR or 7-zip. Please keep in mind that no desktop or startmenu shortcuts are created. You can either copy the uncompressed files over your current installation, start the patcher.exe manually from the folder or create shortcuts on your own.

#33 1959131225045854027

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:39 AM

Popcorn can you pleaseee make Hero Secmathian parts sellable to NPC? It is more profitable than dissasembling them for soul, thanks!

Any answer on this?

#34 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:44 AM

Any answer on this?

No. This is not a decision which can be made in a minute, because there might be side effects. For example if everyone can just sell this set to an NPC to make profit there is the risk that no one sells these set parts in the open market to others anymore or the prices will significantly increase for set parts which are most wanted while other parts are not obtainable for others anymore. This is definitely an important decision which has to be discussed with the Dragon Saga team first. As Alteris already said in one Dragon Talk, we are reading all the suggestions but don't always answer to them. That does not mean that they're ignored or that we think it's good or bad.

#35 RinKagame

RinKagame

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:46 AM

Hello Dragon Saga Friends!

It seems there currently is a problem with patching for some players. Since I personally have no problems I am not able to reproduce the current problem.

However, for everyone who is willing to download a pre-installed version 0.4.85 I RAR compressed it and uploaded it to Google Drive: https://drive.google...dHpmc1lud21IQzA

After downloading the file it needs to be decompressed by using WinRAR or 7-zip. Please keep in mind that no desktop or startmenu shortcuts are created. You can either copy the uncompressed files over your current installation, start the patcher.exe manually from the folder or create shortcuts on your own.

Its working now thanks!

#36 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:36 AM

Its working now thanks!

It was a pleasure to help you.

#37 mama901

mama901

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:38 AM

Hey Popcorn I have been lagging since the latest patch everytime i switch full screen on. Is there a way to fix this?

#38 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:59 AM

We have changed the "traditional" fullscreen mode to a borderless window fullscreen mode for different stability reasons. This new mode always takes your current desktop screen resolution for the fullscreen mode.

This change has several advantages:

• more client stability in case of pop-ups from background programms running (for example Skype)
  • more stability and less desktop crashes when switiching to other programms while Dragon Saga is running
  • a faster and more robust screenshot function
  • the new fullscreen mode supports every possible screen resolution (including - for this game - unusual screen resolutions like 1080p, 4K, 21:9, etc.)
  • the cutscene videos can be watched in fullscreen now too

In your case it might be that your desktop resolution is too high for your video card to render the game fast enough or there is a background tool which interferes with the game rendering.

Please give me the following information for more clarification:

- Windows Version

- Your Desktop Resolution

- CPU type

- Video Card Type

- Do you use a dual-video cards notebook/laptop?

Thank you.

#39 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:06 PM

Popcorn is it normal when you minimize the dragon saga client sometimes and the screen goes white and usually never reverts back. It doesn't happen every time but it does happen.

I rarely minimize because of this but it's been happening for 4 years. Not much of a problem since all I have to do is close the client and open it again.

Edited by Agitodesu, 14 July 2016 - 12:07 PM.

#40 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:08 PM

Popcorn is it normal when you minimize the dragon saga client sometimes and the screen goes white and usually never reverts back. It doesn't happen every time but it does happen.

I rarely minimize because of this but it's been happening for 4 years. Not much of a problem since all I have to do is close the client and open it again.

Did this happen for you when playing in fullscreen or in windowed mode? 

#41 mama901

mama901

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:14 PM

Windows Version - Windows 8.1

- Your Desktop Resolution - 1920 x 1080

- CPU type - Intel® Core™ i7-4700 CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz

- Video Card Type - Intel® HD Graphics 4600

- Do you use a dual-video cards notebook/laptop? Nope

#42 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:15 PM

Windowed , I never played full screen.

#43 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:24 PM

Hm, strange. I saw that happening in fullscreen mode several times, but never in windowed mode. 

The technical background for this is that if a game in a fullscreen mode is minimized the resources (textures, 3d models) are automatically released by DirectX and need to be restored by the application. Sometimes - in case of DS - this didn't happen correctly all the time and that was the reason for the problems with the traditional fullscreen mode.

However, this should not be the case for a windowed mode rendering. I could imagine that, because that this shouldn't happen, the former devs don't check if this might happen and in some special circumstances it actually happens anyways. 

I will put that issue on the list and look into it when I have some free time for it, since you say it happens only sporadically. Nevertheless I appreciate that you informed me about this issue since I never had it myself when playing in windowed mode.

#44 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:33 PM

This happens to me also rarely, and I also use windowed mode.

In most of the case, that is because I minimized the game for too long, or minimized while playing an another game on the same time.

#45 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:42 PM

I can imagine the why...

After checking the achievements quickly, I noticed that the color of achievements isnt choosed by their power, but by their rarity.

For exemple, PvP medals that are the longest to get are legendary, black claw nest guardian aswell.
The medal that requieres you to have multiple legendary equipements is artifact, but there's also Reborn Precious Treasure and Verdorous Forest Master.

In fact, level 40 medal is special, so maybe level 60 medal should be artifact and level 80 medal legendary, but legendary is supposed to be the best grade, so in my opinion it sounds more like an easy medal to get.

But I'm no so serious about the color of each medal, I don't care much about them, as long as I can catch them all !

#46 BlackDragonLord

BlackDragonLord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • LocationVoid
  • Server:Yes

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:56 PM

After checking the achievements quickly, I noticed that the color of achievements isnt choosed by their power, but by their rarity.

For exemple, PvP medals that are the longest to get are legendary, black claw nest guardian aswell.
The medal that requieres you to have multiple legendary equipements is artifact, but there's also Reborn Precious Treasure and Verdorous Forest Master.

In fact, level 40 medal is special, so maybe level 60 medal should be artifact and level 80 medal legendary, but legendary is supposed to be the best grade, so in my opinion it sounds more like an easy medal to get.

But I'm no so serious about the color of each medal, I don't care much about them, as long as I can catch them all !

catch them all? Ash, is that you?

#47 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:04 PM

You can get the next medal at 66°33′46.3″ north!  :heh: 

#48 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:05 AM

You can get the next medal at 66°33′46.3″ north! :heh:

Actually we could say that I'm close to the elite four. :Emo_23:

#49 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:12 AM

Poppie, you just didn't send that poor guy directly to the North Pole, did you? :heh:

Edited by Fliederduft78, 15 July 2016 - 02:14 AM.

#50 Fregil

Fregil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationGermany, Ports of the Winds, Black Claw Nest
  • Server:The only one

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:12 AM

Are the EXP Rates the same on the weekend for the 4 Week Event?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users