Patch Notes 07/20/2016 [Complete] - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 07/20/2016 [Complete]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:06 PM

DSPatchNotes.png

Maintenance Notes
Patch Version 0.4.87, Game Version: 10.0.0.23

Server Maintenance
2016-07-20, 15:00 Server Time

Note: Patch notes are subject to change.

DS-Events.png

600x200_Ultrathon.jpg

The Summer Event ends, but the Super EXP Ultrathon Event is going into it's second week. Also the Summer Event Loading Screens will be removed. At this point we want to thank everyone who participated in the Loading Screen event!

Week 2 (July, 20th ~ July, 27th)

Grinding and Collecting
Collect Silver Coins and Gada Coins to obtain

·         Cape Gasha Box

·         Wing Gasha Box

·         Quiver Gasha Box

·         Muffler Gasha Box

containing IM back items based on old Heirloom Equip Items

EXP Boost

The EXP for the whole week (except for the normal Weekend EXP boost) will be 2.1x

Enchanting and Soulcrafting
The enchant and soulcraft success rates are increased to 1.5x

Scroll down a bit!

Go to Gato and get your daily dose of [Event] Insurance Scrolls.

Item Mall Sales
W-Coins (10 pcs.)                          20 pcs. instead of 10
Insurance Scrolls (10 pcs.)                20 pcs. instead of 10
Reinforced Insurance Scrolls (10 pcs.)     20 pcs. instead of 10
Soulcraft Randomizers (10 pcs.)            20 pcs. instead of 10
Pet Option Randomizers (10 pcs.)           20 pcs. instead of 10
Mount Food (30 days) (2 pcs.)               4 pcs. instead of 2
Pet Food (30 days) (2 pcs.)                 4 pcs. instead of 2

Item Mall Items
Water Guardian Weapon Gasha Box           100 IM
Naughty Pink Car Egg                      400 IM instead of 500 IM

DS-Changes.png

·         The Summoner's Smart Shot homing ability has been removed and the skill has been renamed to "Helix Shot". This change is still experimental.

·         When taking screenshots they're now copied to the Clipboard again too

·         Changed the color of the "Wind Walker Hero" medal to orange

Happy Jobchange! Level 60

Added the Happy Jobchange! Quest for the 3rd Jobchange where you can obtain the Jobchange Box from Dustin at Village of Ash Mist.

The box contains:

·         1x F7 Fatigue Recovery Potion

·         1x Skill Reset Scroll

·         2x [Event] Jack's Bean

·         5x EXP Potion 1.5x (1hr)

#2 Silent0804

Silent0804

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:18 PM

What is the meaning of HELIX SHOT ? is it no more homing like previous SMART SHOT ? #6

#3 Fregil

Fregil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationGermany, Ports of the Winds, Black Claw Nest
  • Server:The only one

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:19 PM

What is the meaning of HELIX SHOT ? is it no more homing like previous SMART SHOT ? #6

The Summoner's Smart Shot homing ability has been removed

#4 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:54 PM

Dat level 60 free skill reset tho

#5 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:15 PM

Planned to buy a skill reset with 1:17 but nvm  :heh:

#6 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:25 PM

Dat level 60 free skill reset tho

Why not, I was used to "gPotato server's" way '-'

#7 Silent0804

Silent0804

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:39 PM

The Summoner's Smart Shot homing ability has been removed

#8 leovern

leovern

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:54 PM

what? why now? i need that skill reset..but i cannot use it anymore since im already level 69..and i think only players who will job change after this patch will get that free items...im so sad   :( :( :( ..but hoping that they give me free i only jobchange last 3 weeks

Edited by leovern, 19 July 2016 - 08:56 PM.

#9 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:59 PM

I'm sure it works as the other happy job change things, so you'll get it no matter when you've job changed. No need to worry.

#10 BlackDragonLord

BlackDragonLord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • LocationVoid
  • Server:Yes

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:06 PM

It is different now, Mr. Popcorn was supposed to remove it in the previous maintenance but something didn't go well. I think the first 3 of the 4 attacks of the Smart Shot will have the homing ability removed and the name will change. But as they said it is experimental.

#11 POPOautumn

POPOautumn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:02 AM

Hoping popcorn can help reflecting the "Elga Treasure Chest" level adjustment .
It always got empty box by 81-85 level Characters .
The "Elga Treasure Chest's level is 75 now"
Hoping that will be adjusted ^^
Thanks Popcorn !

#12 Yagaraschi

Yagaraschi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:11 AM

Hoping popcorn can help reflecting the "Elga Treasure Chest" level adjustment .
It always got empty box by 81-85 level Characters .
The "Elga Treasure Chest's level is 75 now"
Hoping that will be adjusted ^^
Thanks Popcorn !

Your right! The adjustment should have place. Even if the new Arcadia Stuff is lv. 85 (i thought so), you cant farm Elga with lv 85 anymore. :(

#13 Vieira

Vieira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:24 AM

I think something very bad to change the Smart Shot , I played with a Dragoon and he was nerf . Now I'm with a Earth Master level 77 he will be nerf , this is extremely discouraging. I think the weak should be strengthened and not weakened strong.

Edited by 9870160116101011287, 20 July 2016 - 05:26 AM.

#14 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:42 AM

Basic ranting with no exemple and no actual critism of this balance.

Because no, it's obviously not just a stupid nerf for PvP so people stop complaining about top tier classes.

In fact, I really appreciate this rework because it will give more good points that you may think.

Because of the removal of the homing shoots :

• You won't get your shoots attacking the wrong enemies or disappearing for some reasons in PvE.
  • Smart shoot will no longer be abused by lags, or any tool, going where it wasn't meant to be in PvP.

So in fact, this class isn't going to be nerfed, since its damage won't be changed. It just needs you to catch the opponent first by using skills, thing that you can, and will have to do after this patch.

#15 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:04 AM

The Smart Shot shouldn't bother anyone since they have 2 Chain Combo stuns that trigger faster than animations, Golgon RNGesus, Rolling Stone and other hard crowd control to compensate. Not even mentioning how the damage still has 0 pvp fall off and can shred even vs 30k resists and 35k mdef endgame.

All this does nerf wise is remove the low level summoner 1-trick pony of camping 1 spot and abusing the homing.

#16 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:49 AM

It's a nerf for sure, but not that big of one and certainly justified both for balance and abuse reasons. In pvp the only effect is that summoners have to spend half a second to position themselves better instead of going turret mode in a random spot.

#17 POPOautumn

POPOautumn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:49 AM

Your right! The adjustment should have place. Even if the new Arcadia Stuff is lv. 85 (i thought so), you cant farm Elga with lv 85 anymore. :(

I've been looking forward to a new stronger dungeon for a llong time ! The hardest dungeon now is Elga . But the Elga Treasure Chest limited Lv is 75 . It's so confused for someone reached 81Lv then equip the POS weap . Feeling exciting to farm Elga for ingredients , but NOTHING drop #11 . I think every player should equip the POS then got Elga up . So the dungeon limit should be changed to 85 Lv as same with DV any mission map like ! Hoping popcorn will see this article ^^ Thanks Popcorn!

#18 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:57 AM

I don't really understand why almost-everyone complaining about this upcoming homing removal. Tbh I don't see anything is wrong with this or maybe it because I'm just a PvE built summoner ._. , at least they should be happy that this is not Damgage nerf nor Dark Night nerf  :Emo_20: Even without homing it will just take few seconds or even less than a second to position myself and be a turret again.  :yawn: For me this is a boost rather than a nerf since I do PvE more often, and it's quiet balancing ._. No homing is just Double shot with a little bit longer range.

#19 POPOautumn

POPOautumn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:02 AM

I think the homing ability shouldn't be removed !
It just like a stronger invoker after !
For the convenience , invoker is better than sum
For the power , sum is better than invoker
Originally , sum got homing ability , it's the class's characteristic , feather .
But now GM try to weaken the class "SUMMONER"
I think rather than weakening the ORIGINAL , strengthening the other class is the better way !
In my opinion , the invoker in US version is too weak in MATK . A 81 invoker got POS[Hero] +20 just have 22k MATK . Any class all stronger than invoker ! Besides , the damage from diffusion was weaken 30% damage . So why do I play invoker ? It's the big problem about invoker !

#20 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:36 AM

Just saying if you think that was a nerf, you should be happy.

1. Summoners who spend like 30$ to +20 there weapons without or with elements should not be able to kill players who spent gear equivalent to 300$ or more in less than 4 seconds at end game.

2. Summoners should not kill elga in less than 3 minutes.

Summoners by definition and role shouldn't be damage based on you actual character. It should be based on your summons.

I do not see how you can just run around without summons and kill elga without lifting a finger, literally.

But anyways, let's all see what happens. If it's bad, they'll revert it. If it's not very good for pvp, they can probably make it affect pve only. Who knows, cause it's up to your feedbacks to popcorn.

#21 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:45 AM

I think the homing ability shouldn't be removed !
It just like a stronger invoker after !
For the convenience , invoker is better than sum
For the power , sum is better than invoker
Originally , sum got homing ability , it's the class's characteristic , feather .
But now GM try to weaken the class "SUMMONER"
I think rather than weakening the ORIGINAL , strengthening the other class is the better way !
In my opinion , the invoker in US version is too weak in MATK . A 81 invoker got POS[Hero] +20 just have 22k MATK . Any class all stronger than invoker ! Besides , the damage from diffusion was weaken 30% damage . So why do I play invoker ? It's the big problem about invoker !

You are making me feel about you like you never went on the forums to see what we've kept talking about on many topics, and just came here to complain about the change of your beloved class.

Honnestly, this is just the homing effect, why do you talk about damages, when this won't be changed.

Homing effect is a caracteristic of the sumonner ? No.
How many sumonners' skills do have the homing effect currenrly ? None.
And if the excuse is that sumonner is supposed to be a X-Spam class, then why would devloppers even bother to make skills for that class ?

Now, let's talk about numbers, since you are talking about those 30 % damage reduction.

First off, 2 X 70 % or 3 X 70 % of your damages is way bigger than 100 %, if you do the maths.
Besides, only X attacks take the total damage value, skills only use the base damage of your character and equipements (which means enchant effects are useless)

Anyways, like what has been said earlier, I recommend you to not define sumonner by a single skill, and take a deeper look to classes.

#22 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:11 AM

Just saying if you think that was a nerf, you should be happy.

1. Summoners who spend like 30$ to +20 there weapons without or with elements should not be able to kill players who spent gear equivalent to 300$ or more in less than 4 seconds at end game.
2. Summoners should not kill elga in less than 3 minutes.

Summoners by definition and role shouldn't be damage based on you actual character. It should be based on your summons.
I do not see how you can just run around without summons and kill elga without lifting a finger, literally.

But anyways, let's all see what happens. If it's bad, they'll revert it. If it's not very good for pvp, they can probably make it affect pve only. Who knows, cause it's up to your feedbacks to popcorn.

Preaching to the choir on this one. Smar shot on its own is horrifyingly op and Summoners pack enough chain cc to compensate no homing.

This isn't a nerf, or rather not a hard nerf. Whilst I approve of this I'll be quick to add that a secondary nerf or a redesign of Values between Summoner and Summon damages should exist.

Summoners were sort of a Warlock with Familiars concept (Dps was various spells and crowd control combined with familiars for damage majority and tanking.) that was executed badly.

#23 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:55 AM

people complain about summoner nerfs the most boosted class in game for real 

#24 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:56 PM

Omg how dare they make summoners a little more skill required all the pro players will stop play it now kappa :D

Edited by Kristof3195, 20 July 2016 - 12:57 PM.

#25 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:27 PM

i dont see any nerf here why player complain so much about it, they only remove the homming effect not the damage it deal. and the Homming effect was bugging anyway so it better like this.

For the PVP it will make a huge difference but in the PVE it just a small change. I play on my summoner 23xxH now and i dont mind to much about this change, so stop talking about nerf it not one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users