Patch Notes 07/20/2016 [Complete] - Page 3 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 07/20/2016 [Complete]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#51 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:33 AM

We all know that summoner is the only class that has decent dps in end game. Making an experimental adjustment on their power source will create mad players in game who enjoyed their homing attacks. The game is so broken so think a lot before implementing anything especially if the changes will affect the class in pvp. 

Since most of the population here are not fan of pvp but bsq, nerfing the smart shot will make this class useless in end game bsq. They are the only class that can kill stacked chars but still having a hard time after huge boost of bsq death buffs for end game players. Never implement something just because some players agreed that this class is op in pvp and pve, they should stay op as they are unless you're going to change first the damage vs def output of all classes. I know it's hard and the game is so broken that a little change can make this game more difficult for others to accept.

Instead of nerfing class, boost the other class and that way everybody will be happy. An example of this is ninja, paladin and overlord. Those class are almost extinct, nerfing class is always a negative impact to the game and look what happened when they nerfed paladin, the game died. I have a lot to say in game but I don't have time anymore. Goodluck in game and hope the arcadia update will not disappoint players :heh:

#52 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:48 AM

First of all, it was not implemented because some players think it's OP, but because it has been abused in several ways in PvP and PvE. We are very aware how this has been abused. However, I won't discuss our decisions regarding abuse with you here. 

Also, we do not reverse anything just because some players say this class is not OP enough anymore. 

Goodluck in game and hope the arcadia update will not disappoint players  :heh: . 

And please think about your attitude and refrain from posting such trolling comments.

We all know that summoner is the only class that has decent dps in end game.

The DPS hasn't changed. There is "no experimental adjustment of power".
Get your facts right before you post about things that aren't reality.

Removing the homing ability doesn't change anything to the power of this class.

#53 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:09 PM

First of all, it was not implemented because some players think it's OP, but because it has been abused in several ways in PvP and PvE. We are very aware how this has been abused. However, I won't discuss our decisions regarding abuse with you here. 

Also, we do not reverse anything just because some players say this class is not OP enough anymore. 

And please think about your attitude and refrain from posting such trolling comments.

The DPS hasn't changed. There is "no experimental adjustment of power".
Get your facts right before you post about things that aren't reality.

Removing the homing ability doesn't change anything to the power of this class.

You do have a point and a valid one. I think ever since you started developing things has gotten better and thanks for all your sacrifices you made on behalf of gamers. Elijah also has a valid point of people quiting due to major changes to classes in game. My main used to be an assassin and a paladin, maxed both of them out level 85 and stopped playing them after the changes done to them. Although, I agree what you did to the summoner class, many gamers will have to get used to the idea, and I am guilty of summoner been able to beat up elga too quick, so I cant take elijahs side on these issue, but agree with you.

Elijah was right about most people just do it for BSQ instead of PVP and summoner becoming a middle ground now, but is ok in my eyes, because the game is more even now. Whenever posible see if management can actually do some changes to bsq to make it more fair to everyone, also work on twin and priest nerf, because they both need it. I'm all about having a middle ground and I believe you are moving towards the right direction. Some things might seem unfair to players due to spend so much time with developing their chars, but biting the bullet to make the game more balance is something that Im in for.

#54 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

Whilst yes, I agree that this is definitely a step in the right direction, I feel like this is a reminder that big changes for the sake of both PvP and PvE balancing are beginning to become doable (At least to a noticeable scale.). I wouldn't be surprised if and when Arcadia 1's patch notes are revealed there's more to talk about. I'm glad a change like this sparked the discussion of further balance ideas and that WarpPortal developers are aware of Summoner's humongous impact.

No homing on Smar Shot I will definitely continue to say won't make everyone quit Summoner or find the new OP thing.

Does this change PvP Tiers? Not really. Just adds a small skill check to landing stuns to ensure that DPS.

Does this change affect PvE capabilities? Just makes more movement management required for cases like Elga Chests and setting up the proper spots to mash X.

Unlike Dragoons and Ninjas this skill change is minor at best. But also like them it added a layer of required skill or made their DPS patterns less automated in PvE's case. In PvP, and I'll say again, your power is still there, it just requires the one thing that Summoners kept and are also famous for being able to do; Crowd Control.

I do wanna thank and show appreciation to Popcorn for what I can think of a first change to how Summoners can be kept in a moderate line. Yes it can even a playing field because no homing and no flinch means less suicide, but in a way where if the player is adept enough, can compensate for this and appear relatively unimpacted by it.

#55 YoshiokaRiho

YoshiokaRiho

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:29 PM

If it's for PVE reasons. Then GM you should work your brain out to banned potting in PVE rather than banning the homing skills of Summoner. ZZZ.

#56 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:50 PM

I do. People wonder why a single class has the advantage of killing elga solo in ultra-speed while some classes aren't even able to kill Elga at all. That is the reason for the frustration. I do not really understand the frustration of people which complain about the homing removal just because they have to move a bit while playing now.

Why should we bother pick a ninja or any ability based when x spammers deal more damage with no efford 

#57 BlackDragonLord

BlackDragonLord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • LocationVoid
  • Server:Yes

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:54 PM

I do not really understand the frustration of people which complain about the homing removal just because they have to move a bit while playing now.

Summoner players have get used to their characters so much that start drama over a skill nerf which is experimental... maybe this topic needs to be locked.

#58 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:11 AM

Why should we bother pick a ninja or any ability based when x spammers deal more damage with no efford 

Did I miss something or do YOU miss something?

In conclusion:

- Did we remove the X-attack at all? No.

- Did we remove smart shot at all? No. Just renamed.

- Did we change the damage output of Helix Shot? No.

- Did we change the DPS of Helix Shot? No.

- Did we cap any atk speeds regarding this skill? No.

- Did we decrease the size of the projectiles? No.

- Did we decrease the amount of the projectiles? No.

- Did we decrease the skill range? No.

- Did we remove the homing ability which results in abuse in PvP and PvE? Yes.

So - Summoner is still the number one X-Spam class regarding damage output.

In general, it's not the removing of the homing which bothers the lazy ones, it's the fact they can no longer be lazy. I would recommend to adjust your playing style a little bit to Helix Shot, just means: Start to move when playing, a character is no stationary cannon. You just have to move.

Get used to a little effort like the players of all other classes.

With this said I lock this topic because it only leads to drama and more drama over a small change which does not really affect the power of the summoner class. 

topic locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users