Patch Notes 07/20/2016 [Complete] - Page 2 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 07/20/2016 [Complete]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#26 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:32 PM

Mfw it's orange. Disappointed :< but!!!!!!!!!!! this could also mean a stronger medal might be introduced in arcadia! FORESHADOWING!!!!!

#27 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:57 PM

Servers are up and running!

Please update your game to version 0.4.87.

After the patch your client should be at version 10.0.0.23.

Thank you for your patience and

enjoy the game!

#28 AnimeOX

AnimeOX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:57 PM

Mfw it's orange. Disappointed :< but!!!!!!!!!!! this could also mean a stronger medal might be introduced in arcadia! FORESHADOWING!!!!!

Purple for Legend of Arcadai medal #comfiremed // wooood wooood  :gg:

#29 Fregil

Fregil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationGermany, Ports of the Winds, Black Claw Nest
  • Server:The only one

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:04 PM

Good that this was only a PvP nerf :heh:

#30 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:51 PM

Um...

#31 ThirteenMD

ThirteenMD

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationEh.
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:31 PM

Fregil... again with this? Well someone else was gonna mention it sooner or later. :p_sick:

Edited by ThirteenMD, 20 July 2016 - 03:32 PM.

#32 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:04 PM

Nope, does not follow anymore on mobs, so it was destroyed for both pvp and pve. I would have left smartshot alone with the exception of not valid homing during pvp or to only do follow to enemies in front and not behind the summoner. Is good that the summoner was nerf, because it makes the field a little more even, however the approached should of been towards PVP and not for PVE, now kind of suck for pve, specially during elgas run when one was able to hit all 4 boxes at once and now just one. Good start with the nerf, but the one that needs the most nerf is the twin with the infinite block cxxapabilities, there should be no blocking at all, they already have enough stunts to keep you in check.

#33 Rookie0587

Rookie0587

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:33 PM

Summoners class is already very very slow in everything. Movement and casting even with summons. Nature's blessing passive regen is so small it would take 50 years to regain a substantial amount of HP. (Maybe fix this skill?)

Considering that they have to stay in one place just to shoot with smart shot (or normal shot or any other magic skill) and way less mobile than an Invoker class, homing function is good. Staying in one place just makes them prone to dying. Unless you can make make it so that they can run and shoot multiple bubbles of death at the same time like an Invoker.

This just makes the undesirable class more undesirable.Too many skills so little SP and a standing target to boot. :/

#34 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:57 PM

Nope, does not follow anymore on mobs, so it was destroyed for both pvp and pve. I would have left smartshot alone with the exception of not valid homing during pvp or to only do follow to enemies in front and not behind the summoner. Is good that the summoner was nerf, because it makes the field a little more even, however the approached should of been towards PVP and not for PVE, now kind of suck for pve, specially during elgas run when one was able to hit all 4 boxes at once and now just one. Good start with the nerf, but the one that needs the most nerf is the twin with the infinite block cxxapabilities, there should be no blocking at all, they already have enough stunts to keep you in check.

Just to reiteratein PvP; No damage calculations it follows were touched, no 70,000+ Magic Attack with 0 fall-off in PvP was touched, it merely lost it's homing. This only added a layer of skill required to the summoner to get into position and crowd control the enemy first before x-spamming. Which is already easy due to Impact+Chain Combo ZZ stun+Rolling Stone being a long enough Chain-Crowd Control to do a good number of seconds worth of that untouched damage wise x-spam and even set-up additional crowd control. It only really levels the field in the low levels. But where you have Magnet and Freeze support PvP-wise Summoners are still dominant as the DPS and still considered mandatory DPS in end-game.

Twins were already nerfed to 1 weave and a number of classes can counter the Yellow-Shield+Ghost Fighter and even more can just abuse Twins when they don't use the shield. That one weave nerf actually kept them in pretty good check as it allowed a bigger window of attack opportunity. Only a Power Fist nerf should be considered as it scales with Attack Speed and it's duration is absurd given the twin's type of knockback crowd control.

Summoners class is already very very slow in everything. Movement and casting even with summons. Nature's blessing passive regen is so small it would take 50 years to regain a substantial amount of HP. (Maybe fix this skill?)

Considering that they have to stay in one place just to shoot with smart shot (or normal shot or any other magic skill) and way less mobile than an Invoker class, homing function is good. Staying in one place just makes them prone to dying. Unless you can make make it so that they can run and shoot multiple bubbles of death at the same time like an Invoker.

This just makes the undesirable class more undesirable.Too many skills so little SP and a standing target to boot. :/

Summoners...............Undesirable...........

Did you not see the topics saying "Summoners are God both PvP/PvE."? Or the previous posts saying it can do the ultimate end-game boss designed to be an 8-man raid in under 5 minutes? They're still God-tier even with this nerf. Hell everything in PvE is a stationary joke anyways and PvP, I'll say again, they have so much of their own crowd control or even a teammates crowd control that this change is almost irrelevant. It only says "Hey you low levels abusing the homing; stop that!" and that's not even much of an effect.

You honestly need more incentive to recommend summoner? Too many skills? Do a class-guide research or ask a buddy. I don't see any of the baker's dozen summoner mains terrorizing all levels of BattleSquares suddenly quitting over this one change.

#35 Vieira

Vieira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:58 PM

If the big problem of Homing Effect is in PVP , remove only in PVP , simple, solved the problem. Because there are people saying that without the Homing Effect still Helix Shot will be a Double Shot improved , due to the range, but you need to remember is that invoker walks while attacking , Earth Master not. For me that change was very bad .

#36 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:47 PM

Summoners can't move while attacking unlike clerics, true, but also do twice as much damage. I'd say that's fair. But they are testing this, if it makes pve annoying enough I'm sure further changes can be made. I recon it'll be fine though.

#37 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:37 PM

Just to reiteratein PvP; No damage calculations it follows were touched, no 70,000+ Magic Attack with 0 fall-off in PvP was touched, it merely lost it's homing. This only added a layer of skill required to the summoner to get into position and crowd control the enemy first before x-spamming. Which is already easy due to Impact+Chain Combo ZZ stun+Rolling Stone being a long enough Chain-Crowd Control to do a good number of seconds worth of that untouched damage wise x-spam and even set-up additional crowd control. It only really levels the field in the low levels. But where you have Magnet and Freeze support PvP-wise Summoners are still dominant as the DPS and still considered mandatory DPS in end-game.

Twins were already nerfed to 1 weave and a number of classes can counter the Yellow-Shield+Ghost Fighter and even more can just abuse Twins when they don't use the shield. That one weave nerf actually kept them in pretty good check as it allowed a bigger window of attack opportunity. Only a Power Fist nerf should be considered as it scales with Attack Speed and it's duration is absurd given the twin's type of knockback crowd control.

Summoners...............Undesirable...........

Did you not see the topics saying "Summoners are God both PvP/PvE."? Or the previous posts saying it can do the ultimate end-game boss designed to be an 8-man raid in under 5 minutes? They're still God-tier even with this nerf. Hell everything in PvE is a stationary joke anyways and PvP, I'll say again, they have so much of their own crowd control or even a teammates crowd control that this change is almost irrelevant. It only says "Hey you low levels abusing the homing; stop that!" and that's not even much of an effect.

You honestly need more incentive to recommend summoner? Too many skills? Do a class-guide research or ask a buddy. I don't see any of the baker's dozen summoner mains terrorizing all levels of BattleSquares suddenly quitting over this one change.

I tested my summoner, I know what it can do, and I don't mind been straight shots with just 2 minutes 30 seconds cool off. What I was saying is PVE wise suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.................... I don't care what they did to PVP, the summoner need it a nerf, but they screw up PVE.............. helix should off been able to homing for pve that's all.  Twin needs a nerf and I meant a serious nerf for them to be able to be hit while moving forward with just blocks and than continues spam of stunt attacks. They took it off assassins, pallys and everyone who had max evade, for that same reason alone, to not be able to evade-block, and the same should be done to Twins.

Not trying to argue based on what I desire, I'm looking at it as a balance tool for all characters and since I'm on this subject Priest freeze should be nerf to be a stunt type freezing and the game will become more balance. I should be against to what I just said, because those are my 3 main characters, but I rather fight an even hard battle than pretend to be god-like based on locking and stunt and not based on actual skills.

Round 1 summoner nerf = good job, just give us PVE helix homing.

Round 2 Twin need nerf to prevent block and don't say is already been nerf, because all characters has been nerf, is not an excuse to establish an in-game balance.

Round 3 Remove Priest freezing to become a stunt freeze with 75-100% accuracy and the mage will become a more manageable and balance game over all.

Edited by eyes2kill, 20 July 2016 - 09:52 PM.

#38 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:49 PM

Come on guys you knew you are playing a class beyond ridiculusness overpowered both in pvp and pve. I dont know why you are being upset about a obvious nerf...
And ill tell you a secret I doubt this nerf parade will end here. Enjoy :D

#39 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:58 PM

Come on guys you knew you are playing a class beyond ridiculusness overpowered both in pvp and pve. I dont know why you are being upset about a obvious nerf...
And ill tell you a secret I doubt this nerf parade will end here. Enjoy :D

Nice comment lol.., now let's give summoners homing while PVE and everyone will be happy or not. XD.

I tell you a secret too, I heard that i know how to rekt xd........................................................

#40 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:54 PM

Sooo.......you are not able to kill all 4 boxes of Elga at once anymore.........and this bugs you. Sure does, I know it is hard to get put on the bottom of the reality - or better said on an equal level to all other 9 classes now.

Let me tell you a secret, none of the 9 other classes in this game were ever able to kill all these 4 boxes at once. None of them were ever able to do an Elga run in 3 minutes solo. Even the so much OP Twin and Invoker had to go to each box and kill it manually one by one.

Honestly this is what I had to do with my savage each and every Elga run I did on EU and I did/do on here...

The summoner was totally op in PVP and PVE since the beginning. Yes, now you can no longer play PVE by holding one key constantly, shooting against a wall and kill everything around you within 3 seconds. That is true.

But I tell you something, this is the best "balancing" I have seen in a very long time and it was truly needed - for both, PVP and PVE.

Honestly, you got no nerf - you got balanced. You are now finally one of us, the other 9 classes of the game and you have the honor to experience the game now like us. Like the rest of us that chose not to use the totally overpowered Summoners in this game.

Congratulations and welcome to the "not so much OP classes, but still over all others".

Many of us know that smartshot was not only  strongly "overused" in PVP, but in PVE too. This balancing was needed.

Edit:

Wanted to mention:

Any Summoner in game and in guild I talked to told me : This balancing is fair and this class is still OP..

And

"I don't like this class at all and I only play it for fast farming purpose/dominating PVP - if I had another choice I would pick a different class".......

Edited by Fliederduft78, 20 July 2016 - 11:20 PM.

#41 Yagaraschi

Yagaraschi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:52 PM

None of them were ever able to do an Elga run in 3 minutes solo.

Just to be clear.. Summoner was never able to do an full Elga Run in 3 Minutes xD

10 minutes is kinda the fastest.. same with and without Homing effect.

Chest Farming at Elga is still the same.. you only have to change your position 1 time if there are 2 or more chests. :p_omg: ~unbelieveable much~ :p_omg:

#42 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:37 AM

Guys, I think this game shouldn't be devlopped anymore.

People asks for skill changes so people can play the class they want without feeling that they are disadvantaged and now they complain about a minir change in PvE (which I'm still going to point out that it was causing shoots to bug when there was multiple targets, especially in Black Claw Nest).

#43 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:32 AM

Guys, I think this game shouldn't be devlopped anymore.

This is something I post personally as a human and not in behalf of WarpPortal. It reflects my very own opinion. Please keep that in mind before reading further. If you aren't not interested in a personal post from me, simply skip it :)

514..., you wouldn't believe how many times I sat in front of my screen thinking the exact same thing: "Why I'm working like hell for hours and hours, days and days, weeks and weeks. Digging through this wreck of sourcecode to make the game better. Why did I even bother start working on Arcadia?". But then again I see the people playing the game, enjoying all that has been done so far and I keep going on. I invest countless extra time into developing this game nobody is asking me for. But I do it, because I love this game and I know there are lots and lots of people worldwide who share this love and dedication with me and don't want to see this game dying. And as long as players are enjoying this game I will go on with the development. But always keep in mind, you can't make an omelet without breaking eggs. 

#44 BlackDragonLord

BlackDragonLord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • LocationVoid
  • Server:Yes

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:39 AM

This is something I post personally as a human and not in behalf of WarpPortal. It reflects my very own opinion. Please keep that in mind before reading further. If you aren't not interested in a personal post from me, simply skip it :)

514..., you wouldn't believe how many times I sat in front of my screen thinking the exact same thing: "Why I'm working like hell for hours and hours, days and days, weeks and weeks. Digging through this wreck of sourcecode to make the game better. Why did I even bother start working on Arcadia?". But then again I see the people playing the game, enjoying all that has been done so far and I keep going on. I invest countless extra time into developing this game nobody is asking me for. But I do it, because I love this game and I know there are lots and lots of people worldwide who share this love and dedication with me and don't want to see this game dying. And as long as players are enjoying this game I will go on with the development. But always keep in mind, you can't make an omelet without breaking eggs. 

:Emo_21: Good guy Mr. Popcorn. Thank you for being there for us.

#45 Vieira

Vieira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:35 AM

I do not really understand the frustration of people with the skills of certain characters in PVE . I can even understand it in PVP , but it's ridiculous the guy come and talk that the character makes a run in 3 minutes , what does it matter ? Make a char the same class then . The truth is : the Earth Master was nerf . I do not care about PVP , but in PVE the change was horrible. I hope they turn back at least in PVE . I'll wait until the next maintenance to see if turn back , otherwise RIP Earth Master and live a game full of Invoker and Jumeaux (for me, the most OP in PVP).

Edited by 9870160116101011287, 21 July 2016 - 06:37 AM.

#46 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:18 AM

Most of the players within the community agree that the Summoner is overpowered PvP and PvE wise.

It can't be the spirit of the game to do a end-game dungeon created for a party of eight is done solo by only one specific class and this in ultra-speed.

I personally saw someone killing Elga within 5~7 minutes with a summoner.

Finally I want to tell you that this will not be reversed only because you say that you are not okay with it, because you are not able to kill Elga (again: a dungeon for a party of 8) within 10 minutes anymore. Form a party to play if you think you're not fast enough. Or make an Invoker or Jumeaux if you think they're the better classes now. "what does it matter ? Make a char the same class then" are your own words.

And as I already said: "you can't make an omelet without breaking eggs.".  

Even Summoner players I know say this is only a small balance to this class and no big deal and the class is still totally overpowered. You just have to move a bit more when running Elga now. 

I didn't want to mention it, but there was an abuse in PvE with this ability I know of. I can confirm that the PvE abuse is not possible any longer, exactly like we wanted it to be. So it will stay as it is now.

I do not really understand the frustration of people with the skills of certain characters in PVE .

I do. People wonder why a single class has the advantage of killing elga solo in ultra-speed while some classes aren't even able to kill Elga at all. That is the reason for the frustration. I do not really understand the frustration of people which complain about the homing removal just because they have to move a bit while playing now.

#47 Vieira

Vieira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:03 AM

Your game , your rules .

As I said , it will be a game full of invokers and Jumeaux . If the game is so unfair to the other classes , why not let them stronger , rather than weaken one. Why not let Elga much stronger?

Weaken all classes as it is to go in Elga 's DG on a group of 8. Except the Sorcerer , of course , it has nothing to weaken there.

What will be done about the treasure box in Elga ? Or should we arrive at level 85 and stand in the PoW center just displaying our char ? How long will the locking problem F7 ​​when someone is disconnected? When we will get to level 99 ? When we have new Dgs ?

I think it has many other things to be repaired in this game than getting destroying characters .

But, your game, your rules.

#48 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

The complaints on this matter are beyond me.
Destroyer already has this no homing, they solo elga fine as well though farming boxes requires proper cooldown management (vulcan). But random shot only divides it into two x projectiles, while for summoner's it's divided into 3 projectiles. both in linear fashion.
Summoner still beats destroyer.
Now let's talk raw values. summoner's passives are extremely broken giving several % boost's to the final attack making there attack values insane around 60k last I recall. while every other class is stuck at the 20-35k range with solar's
Invoker's are laughable in 85 they tickle at best. there overpoweredness cames from element's which is regarded as balanced in 85 due to the fact that element values are reduced to 0 simply due to high end meta. They're even more laughable at pve when they're actually soloing, due to the fact that durability becomes a problem.
All that needs to be done now is % attack boost's for every class. like changing mastery's from flats (which are obsolete) to scaling %'s that scale with total and not base. Not totally satisfied with the patch particularly with the ORANGE dinosaur artifact grade title.
<snip>
Can we get a post filter for these things? like atleast 100+ posts to have an opinion on patch notes.

Edited by Dragonlark, 21 July 2016 - 09:30 AM.

#49 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:39 AM

Hey guys! Smart shot was not working as intended and it was changed as a result. This particular fix is experimental, and the Dragon Saga team is happy to have your feedback on this matter, but I fear we are getting offtopic. The overall effectiveness of a specific class is not in debate in the Patch Notes, if you wish to make a topic of this nature, please feel free to do so in the Class Discussion subforum. Also, please remember to be respectful of other players and their opinions regardless of if you believe they are right or not. On that note, constructive suggestions and concerns are welcome, but the most helpful kind of feedback that is most likely to bring change is a well thought out response to the change done with the overall scope of balancing in mind. Please keep this in mind when making your posts. 

#50 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:30 AM

An endless cycle.

Paladins were op at one time, nerfed them people quit, complained, moved to a better class.

Ninjas were op at one time, nerfed, people quit, complained, or moved to a better class.

Heaven forbids if we nerf the most abused class in pve and pvp something will happen. No seriously. people should expect when a class is tilted more than a 180 degrees to eventually be nerfed. I fully knew this while stacking mine to top tier. No complaints are given except gratitude. I expect further nerfs so all classes are enjoyable without the murky background thought of you favorite class not being in the meta because of a couple classes.

I think this nerf was mainly meant for 2 purposes. 1 being pve, where some of the balls went backwards to a target but never hitting them. 2 being pvp where you know those special players who can hit you cross map or entering their "event horizon" derp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users