Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Aura

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:00 AM

I have noticed that It's nearly impossive to target any team mates while there is a knight with sacrifice, the cooldown is not long enough to compensate for any damage done.

Knight seems to have free Sacrifice spam, making it impossible to target any team member, same goes for Xbow.

Please increase the CD for this.

Edited by Cortiz, 03 August 2016 - 03:01 AM.

#2 OshOsh

OshOsh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur
  • Server:Arua

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:19 PM

Why are you not satisfied,cause you having a bad day  yesterday?common!

u can purify right?

Edited by OshOsh, 02 August 2016 - 07:20 PM.

#3 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:52 PM

In before this happens and I have to delete my last character. 

[Also, take Scout out of the listing, their Taunt shot is PvM Only] 

Edited by Feuer, 02 August 2016 - 10:52 PM.

#4 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:52 AM

Why are you not satisfied,cause you having a bad day  yesterday?common!

u can purify right?

How are you suppose to purify this when you can't even target yourself lol (Dont tell me to use PvP pots)

:wall:

This is not about me being satisified and having a bad day or not, Im just pointing out what the reality seems to be.

It's absolutly no fun for a cleric when there is a knight spamming sacrific!

Now the skill doesn't bother me but the cooldown is just to short, plain and simple.

No Knight should be able to spam Sacrific that much/fast in PvP because it has a totaly game changing effect.

As the current situation is it's extremely hard to keep your teammates alive from the massive damage Bourg/Mage  are doing,

Now mix that with some Spamming  Sacrifice,  a few scouts or raiders hitting you while u got to heal everyone.

I've played cleric long enough, and have earned my rights to complain about sutch things!   :bash:

Edited by Cortiz, 03 August 2016 - 03:12 AM.

#5 meocutduoi

meocutduoi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationVietnam

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:13 PM

Only 5s effect and 20s cooldown at max level sacrifice, is that too short cooldown?

Edited by meocutduoi, 03 August 2016 - 08:45 PM.

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:30 AM

Unique Purify doesn't need a target to AoE Purify. Cure lvl 5 purifies doesn't need a target to remove it from yourself, Purify itself doesn't need a target to cast on yourself. 

There are things you can use for Status resistance. Clerics already have Mute Resistance, gain Rested just like everyone else [Sleep resist] and can get/equip for stun resist. 

They have HoT's, their flames can still be relevant, all of which will continue to heal if you're affected by taunt. 

I really don't get this. I don't. Everytime something is effective at controlling a Cleric, they instantly flip out go to the forums, pitch a fit and don't quiet it down until they have their way.

Clerics can't stand around and tank AoE's? Give them a freaking MASSIVE defense passive.

Mutes become relevant? Give them Mute Resist.

Critical becomes relevant? Make FS main stat give Critical Defense.

Now you're asking to not have to cope with Taunt. 

GG. I normally sympathize with you Cortiz on stuff, but not this time man. Deal with it like everyone has to. Use a 2/4 lumi, or a 2/4+2/4 lumi for get 10/20% status resist, learn to use one of your 3 purifies, or deal with it. 

Edited by Feuer, 04 August 2016 - 12:31 AM.

#7 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:37 PM

I totaly was in a rage that day and clearly not thinking properly.

I figured out a long time ago how to deal with sacrifice/taunt etc,

Im defo no noob when it comes to playing cleric.

The pvp game that day made me post because I was getting a Taunt/sacrifice smacked on me nearly every purify. (Atleast what it felt like)

Is it realy 20 seconds cooldown? with 5 seconds status effect?

Perhaps the reason behind this is the combination of the multiple taunts Knight can have?

I might not have noticed a second knight/xbow that day idk  :hmm:

Edited by Cortiz, 06 August 2016 - 01:01 PM.

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:43 PM

A Sw Knight has access to 4 Taunts.

Impact + Sacri: AoE Taunts.

Sword Force + Taunt: Single Target Taunts.

A xB Knight has access to 3 Taunts.

Sacri: AoE

Magic Shot + Taunt: Single Target Taunts.

Champions can also use Taunt + Sacrifice. So you can't exclude them, and any competent Champ will have at least 1 point in Taunt to support their cleric, or to prevent enemy cleric from casting direct target heals for a period of time.

Do Note: You cannot refresh the Taunt status, you can to wait until it ends to re-apply it. 

#9 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:02 AM

If Im correct Impact is PvM right?

I highly presume that pvm taunts do NOT work in PvP?

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:36 AM

Impact works in PvP, you can get an additional PvM Tome that increases the success from 80% to 100%. 

#11 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon

Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:47 AM

Thanks for the information, very helpfull!

#12 Brreezzyhill8

Brreezzyhill8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:34 PM

2-3 knights sync sacri wud be bad in pvp i guess,

i suggest therefore

making sacri pvm only and let the cd be shorter and give it  stun effect.

since in pvm almost no knights use sacri in dgs, -10sp

cd too long and pvm impact dmg+taunt does the work.  only -5sp and way shorter cd

it well reduce greatly the abuse of this skill.

#13 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:34 PM

So what if a couple of knights get together and sacri in sync, it's broken imo !

#14 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:44 PM

It's called Cure, Purify, Unique Purify, and Status Resistance. How are you having issues with being taunted? I mean, really. This is confounding beyond belief. You can build your resistances up, and if you're in PvP, you've no doubt have a Cleric or else you'd just be AFK at the respawn. Which means you're either not using status resistance once you notice there's some Knights sacrificing, or your Cleric is slacking or under too much pressure to bother purifying because everyones else is trying to kill targets instead of covering their supporter.

I mean seriously, there's so many options. Stun them, Mute then, Sleep them if they're over extended, MP Burn them, wear some status resistance, ask your Cleric to throw out some purifies or cures. Don't just stand there, and not do anything because you're lazy and don't want to adapt to your surroundings, then complain when it doesn't work. 

#15 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:40 PM

It's called Cure, Purify, Unique Purify, and Status Resistance. How are you having issues with being taunted? I mean, really. This is confounding beyond belief. You can build your resistances up, and if you're in PvP, you've no doubt have a Cleric or else you'd just be AFK at the respawn. Which means you're either not using status resistance once you notice there's some Knights sacrificing, or your Cleric is slacking or under too much pressure to bother purifying because everyones else is trying to kill targets instead of covering their supporter.

I mean seriously, there's so many options. Stun them, Mute then, Sleep them if they're over extended, MP Burn them, wear some status resistance, ask your Cleric to throw out some purifies or cures. Don't just stand there, and not do anything because you're lazy and don't want to adapt to your surroundings, then complain when it doesn't work. 

You probably haven't played DP recently then, 80% of the games run there without a cleric on either side. 

Why do you assume there are clerics in every game. What is a 2-5 sec disable going to do to a good knight, literally nothing.

#16 meocutduoi

meocutduoi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationVietnam

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:20 PM

2-3 knights sync sacri wud be bad in pvp i guess,

i suggest therefore

making sacri pvm only and let the cd be shorter and give it  stun effect.

since in pvm almost no knights use sacri in dgs, -10sp

cd too long and pvm impact dmg+taunt does the work.  only -5sp and way shorter cd

it well reduce greatly the abuse of this skill.

Opposite team have a knight, your team also might have one. But if a team have more knight, then they will have less damage. 

I always use taunt/sacri in dg, beside pvm impact (to keep the team in safe, especially since aoes were nerfed). 

Each class has their own job. I can see ppl always complain about classes that they dont play/dont like. 

Edited by meocutduoi, 07 September 2016 - 04:41 PM.

#17 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:29 PM

Opposite team might have a knight, your team also might have one. If a team have more knight, then they will have less damage. 

I always use taunt/sacri in dg, beside pvm impact (to keep the team in safe, especially since aoes were nerfed). 

Each class has their own job. I can see ppl always complain about classes that they dont play/dont like. 

What kind of logic is that ... "Opposite team might have a knight, your team also might have one."

#18 meocutduoi

meocutduoi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationVietnam

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:35 PM

Sorry my English is not good :). Edited last post

Edited by meocutduoi, 07 September 2016 - 04:41 PM.

#19 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:46 PM

And i'm telling you the tactically advantage for a knight in a team is much higher than the damage being sacrificed.

#20 Brreezzyhill8

Brreezzyhill8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:07 AM

no, pvm taunt impact is enough it hits all targets and taunts them 100% with 8 secs cooldown

pardon i made a mistake back der, its only 2sp 4k valor. 5sp for prequisite normal impact, cud cast 2 impact against 1 sacri per cd.

against normal taunt 5sp, sacri 5sp just to get the cd to 20s and its  still very long regarding you need taunt every often wen mobbing.

and using a knight youd be having trouble in distributing sp.

i have a knight 230 has 0sp, only with enough passives, aoe. pure pvm dg farmer, no sacri.

if sacri wud and if it becomes a pvm only with stun effect now that wud be something to consider getting in dgs

any fill in wud be welcome i might have outlooked something.

#21 meocutduoi

meocutduoi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationVietnam

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:19 AM

Just a little correction:

- Normal Impact wave: 3s effect and only 50% success rate (Taunt)

- PvM Impact wave: 3s effect and 12s cooldown. I think only PvM Impact wave is not enough for protecting aoe members in dg. Many things can happen in 9s.

In all MMORPG games i've played, Taunt/Sacrifice are must-have skills of tanker class. Ofc in both pvm and pvp.

#22 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 07:01 AM

If you're a true tank for PvM Dungeons/Raids whatever in ROSE, you'd best have PvM Impact Wave + Sacrifice for AoE Situations, and Taunt + Sword Force for additional taunts on Bosses or to save someone when the prior skills fail.

However, none of you are accounting for the fact that a Cleric is a mandatory requirement for Any AoE build Dungeon [essentially all of them except SC]. If your Cleric can't keep you alive for the very few seconds that Taunt isn't applied to the mobs, and you somehow cannot keep yourself alive with Defensive Cooldowns and potions, then you're doing something so wrong that I don't know how it'd be possible to do.

As far Taunt as a status goes, I've already said my piece on it. I also forewarned everyone that it would become something to be wary of when making your builds and strategy to play PvP. 

#23 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:01 AM

A Sw Knight has access to 4 Taunts.

Impact + Sacri: AoE Taunts.

Sword Force + Taunt: Single Target Taunts.

A xB Knight has access to 3 Taunts.

Sacri: AoE

Magic Shot + Taunt: Single Target Taunts.

Champions can also use Taunt + Sacrifice. So you can't exclude them, and any competent Champ will have at least 1 point in Taunt to support their cleric, or to prevent enemy cleric from casting direct target heals for a period of time.

Do Note: You cannot refresh the Taunt status, you can to wait until it ends to re-apply it. 

If Im correct Impact is PvM right?

I highly presume that pvm taunts do NOT work in PvP?

Impact works in PvP, you can get an additional PvM Tome that increases the success from 80% to 100%. 

So a knight has acces to 4 taunts.... one of which is a PVM skill with 80% succes that works for PVP?

Thats so OP, have a knight focus the cleric and well... have 2 knights and there is no "well..."

So what if a couple of knights get together and sacri in sync, it's broken imo !

Thank you Raphael!

I've done a few AA's after my original post and I still feel troubled by the fact that its very very hard to be able to manage heals for a entire team when the opposite side has two or more knights at there disposal.

Lately i've seen a small increase in knights for pvp because sacrifice seems to be the thing now to screw clerics.

When u get two knights in the opposite team and they use there sacrifice with the right timing you can't do SH!@#$T,

have a good spear champ spamming his 6-7 AOE's and youll see your team burn to death in a matter of seconds!

people talk about the mass purify but the cost for this UNIQUE purify is simply  to high for a cleric fs build.
( which is utterly rediculous imo)

Now I came up with the idea to give purify a sort of buff for 1-2 seconds where its impossible to gain any debuff/burn or sacrifice smacked on your face.

If this might seem to OP you could just increase the CD for purify since cleric have a disspell for debuff on the cure skill too.

These 1-2 seconds should give a good window for any support to press some MORE FLAMES

(Sarcasm)

Ontop of that I realy dislike the fact that there is a mass purify that is a unique skill only.

It would be much better to completely remove the mass purify skillbook from the game and give Purify AoE anyway, currently it dispells 1-2 per rank on target, what if you make this AoE and random or selectively dispell party/group members.

this would seem to be the most logical solution and much more understanding for new players who dont know about this mass unique purify skillbook.

I think mass purify is a must for large scale pvp sutch as AA or CD and I think this new purify skill could solve this problem for both pve and pvp

Either way, i personaly feel something should be done because multiple knights in a team vs cleric feels broken asfk with all there taunts and sacrifice spams

Edited by Cortiz, 18 September 2016 - 11:12 AM.

#24 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:21 PM

@Cortiz:

"one of which is a PVM skill with 80% success that works for PVP?"

No, the Impact Taunt is the standard skill. The PvM Version of that skill is 100% success [not 80%].

Also, seeing as the new meta is skill casting, the majority of DPS dealers are mixing in at least half luminous sets, which gives you a 10% reduction to all Status Effects, that includes Taunt. 

#25 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon

Posted 19 September 2016 - 04:34 AM

What is 10% redcuation to all status effects, thats pritty useless imo.

Lets be honnest even is you manage to get over 50% reducation for status effects, this means that you are still relying on that %'s

And if you DO have 50% you are missing out on alot of importend and different status a cleric could use, Like DEF or HP.

Aside from that I dont think Damage classes are using the Luminous set for the reducation to status effects  :p_laugh:

It's mostlikely got to do with the fact this gives "Skill Power" and seeing how strong some current classes and skills are (mage/ Bourg) I wouldn't be supprised.

Like I said multiple knights with taunts/Sacrifice is a problem for clerics 

It's got nothing to do with there AOE or how strong they are etc.

Its the simple fact that if they other team has good timing (syncing there sacrifices) its impossible to get some good heals going because its extremly hard to find that window of oppertunity.

What im trying to say is, there should be a skill for clerics to counter this in PvP giving a SMALL window of oppertunity to try and do something

( be it puttin a flame down, healing a teammate or simply casting there mana shield )

Personaly I would like to see the original purify change to where it gives you and your allies in a 5-10 meter radius a buff for 1 or 2 seconds where you are immune/invulnerable to any debuff's.

This 1 or 2 seconds might just be what you need to sort your team.

Ofcourse if you change a skill like this where you can't be touched by debuffs for 1 or 2 seconds you should slightly increase the CD or something.

Edited by Cortiz, 19 September 2016 - 04:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users