Knight Sacrifice/taunt. - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Knight Sacrifice/taunt.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:00 AM

What is 10% redcuation to all status effects, thats pritty useless imo.

If you take the average number of status effects you receive in a single AA match and do the math, you'll change your mind. 
Let's just say you are hit with 100 DoT's, 200 status downs and 30 hard CC's.
If the average DoT damage output was 2k, you'd resist 10 of those DoT's [20k Damage]

+ 20 Status Downs Resisted, and 3 hard CC's. 

And if you did double down on the lumi 2/4 + 2/4, those numbers are doubled to 40k Damage Resisted, 40 status downs ignored and 6 hard CC's resisted.

You're severely underestimating it's impact by only taking it's chances to resist 1 stat, instead of t's over-all effect. Even then, if you're hit with 30 Taunts, you're resisting 3-6 of those, reducing it to 27-24.

Lets be honnest even is you manage to get over 50% reducation for status effects, this means that you are still relying on that %'s

If this is an argument to increase Status Resistances, it's a bad one. Trust me, you don't want to see the Harmful Status Resistance go over 35% at max. It would ruin all CC, make all CHA built classes no longer competitive, and would make Clerics completely untouchable. 

And if you DO have 50% you are missing out on alot of importend and different status a cleric could use, Like DEF or HP.

So, what you're actually talking about is Cleric, not the status, you just don't like dealing with it on a Cleric. Let me remind you, you are the ONLY CLASS that taunt is easily removed from, and can remove it from yourself. Clerics are the only ones who can purify themselves, unless you spend 5 sp on a mage into Cure, and I never see mages running Cure.

You have Cure lv 5 [Removes taunt and doesn't need you to target yourself, It'll auto-cast on you if you have an enemy targeted], You have Purify, does the same thing, and you have Unique Purify, also, does the same thing, but additionally AoE purifies your allies.

I'll say it again, if you're playing a Cleric, and are complaining about Taunt, then you don't truly appreciate how lucky you actually are, and to me sound like you're crying over something you don't even have to deal with if you play smart. Play a DPS or a Tank while you team's Cleric ignores Taunts and tell me about 'Cleric problems'. 

Aside from that I dont think Damage classes are using the Luminous set for the reducation to status effects  :p_laugh:

No, they're not. But it is convenient to naturally reduce ALL incoming CC, DoT's and Status Downs. And not have to do or use a single thing. 

It's mostlikely got to do with the fact this gives "Skill Power" and seeing how strong some current classes and skills are (mage/ Bourg) I wouldn't be supprised.

Like I said multiple knights with taunts/Sacrifice is a problem for clerics 

No, it's not, STOP BEING LAZY AND PURIFY IT.

It's got nothing to do with there AOE or how strong they are etc.

Its the simple fact that if they other team has good timing (syncing there sacrifices) its impossible to get some good heals going because its extremly hard to find that window of oppertunity.

MAKE the window of opportunity, you have 3 Purifies, 2 of which remove more than 1 condition, 1 of which removes the condition from your entire team. WORK FOR IT. Don't expect to just have it handed to you.

What im trying to say is, there should be a skill for clerics to counter this in PvP giving a SMALL window of oppertunity to try and do something

( be it puttin a flame down, healing a teammate or simply casting there mana shield )

No, Hell, NO.
This is what I'm talking about. This is the crap that get's on my nerves and makes me legit RAGE on the forums and I've HAD IT.

You want the brief summarized history of Clerics?

1: They're a Muse type class with low DEF, Clerics complain, they get Block Passive with their Magic Tool [and no longer need to use STR for shields to fix the problem].

2: Their Defense is still low, so when they fail to block they take high damage. Result, They get Defense passives that make Knights look like paper bags. I mean SERIOUSLY, have you compared the Defense passives of a Knight to the passives of a Cleric? 2 Passives, and the Cleric can get 4-7k Defense Bonus. It takes DOUBLE that at minimum to get half that effect on a Knight.

3: Mute is only Hard CC to bring a Cleric down. Answer? They get a 50% PASSIVE Mute Resistance Passive, WITH an additional 20% Proc'd Resistance on Mana Shield [70% Total before items] and can be kept up indefinitely.

4: Clerics taking damage from Criticals. Answer, CHA now gives Critical Defense, Making the odds of not Crit-centerd Classes dealing damage to them via crits unreliable. 

Now you're telling me, you don't just want Clerics to be able to Purify status downs, but that you passives want them to just resist them? No. I'm putting my foot down cortiz. STOP BEING LAZY. Clerics are OP, spoiled, hand fed little brats in this game and I'm freakin done hearing them winge on about 'wa wa something ACTUALLY works against me'. Especially, when it HARDLY DOES ANYTHING. The ONLY good utility for Taunting a Cleric, is to prevent a Res. And even then a smart Cleric can still get the res with 5 seconds to spare on the respawn timer. So stop. Stop complaining and acting like you're defenseless and that 1 status is game breaking for you, especially when you don't even have to deal with 1/10'th the defensive issues every if not most other classes have. Sit down, and let the other classes and mains who desperately need help have a turn at being looked at. 

Personaly I would like to see the original purify change to where it gives you and your allies in a 5-10 meter radius a buff for 1 or 2 seconds where you are immune/invulnerable to any debuff's.

This 1 or 2 seconds might just be what you need to sort your team.

Ofcourse if you change a skill like this where you can't be touched by debuffs for 1 or 2 seconds you should slightly increase the CD or something.

Yeah, to like 30-45 seconds, even still you're making Clerics OP and I won't stand for it. 

#27 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:59 AM

Maybe the knight just has to much acces to taunts, and genesis should remove 2 of them, give knight acces to sacrifice for AOE taunt and one single target taunt with a 5 second cooldown.

both for pve and pvp

I think its more then fair to say im a good cleric and have a good build.

Like I said I'am having trouble here with more knights taunting my shiny yellow robe's!

With skills where you can controle your own gameplay, and not relying on base %'s status resistance is much easyer to controle for the dev's too as it is for the players.

Im just trying to see what other community members are thinking about this,

and I would love to see some reactions on my idea for the purify other then feuer.

Keep it clean :p_love:

Edited by Cortiz, 19 September 2016 - 09:05 AM.

#28 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:34 AM

Go play a Knight, because now you're tunnel vision is showing. Knights only HAVE 2 AoE Taunts. Sacrifice and Impact Wave. Taunt is single target and Sword Force is single Target. 

The problem I'm having with your conjecture is that you don't know enough about other classes to provide a non-bias point of view. You play a Cleric and only see it from the eyes of that class. You don't understand how or why classes play the way they do, you only see it from a very narrow view, tunnel vision if you would.

You want to know why Clerics are targeted first as primary for just about every single match? It's because 1 Cleric makes the difference. 1 Cleric can be the deciding factor not only between if an entire team just sits AFK at spawn, but also can be the deciding factor if a team wins or loses when they do try.Do you see ANY other class with that kind of impact? I'm not talking about stacking classes like Mages or Bourg's either; I'm talking about 1 character of a certain class outside of Clerics that has that level of decisive impact on the game? And that's my problem when it comes to clerics complaining about things, particularly things they do NOT understand from an outside perspective. 

You want my consolidated feedback on your proposal?

-Snip- It provides an unnecessary buff to Clerics who already control the battlefield, have an overbearing influence on the game, and only serves to make them even more impervious to the classes who bust their asses only to fail a majority of the time in having any impact at all. And through all of this you're forgetting that Knights only true method of earning points is via reflecting damage to foes with the Taunt status. Nerfing Taunt, will nerf the only mechanic they have that encourages them to play as group support and the only mechanic that truly gives them a reason to play PvP. It's selfish and uncalled for. That's my opinion. 

#29 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:53 AM

I asked to keep it clean and Feuer before you say anything els and calling me selfish again for my idea's i want to refer you to your own topic:

https://forums.warpp...ics-imo-vision/

-Snip-

Edited by Dragonlark, 19 September 2016 - 11:11 AM.

#30 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:03 AM

That thread would be a class idea to completely replace* the current Cleric, not an extension. Not only that, it was a thought experiment and not a serious proposal.

And what problems were caused by me? Citations please. 

#31 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:11 AM

Please stay on topic, and refrain from insulting other players on the forums. It is fine to disagree with another opinion, but do so in a respectful manner, without attacking the player posting this opinion. Further problems of this nature will cause this topic to be locked. 

#32 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:56 AM

taunt or w/e that red thingy is, is way tooooo OP. remove or add a crazy cooldown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users