[IMPORTANT] 3%-Attack xeons situation - Page 4 - Requiem Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[IMPORTANT] 3%-Attack xeons situation

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#76 VModPeppermint

VModPeppermint

I made it Off Topic

• WarpPortal VM
  • 98 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes --> Trifri

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:02 AM

The whole compound formula should have worked (been fixed to work) already a long time ago. So these xeons were in fact meant to be there long before they (now) actually did.

It is right that it was somehow not intended, because noone explicitely touched the formula again to make it work. It simply started working as intended now. The way it looks it got something to do with the fix of strongest gear.

#77 SandySandman

SandySandman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:12 AM

You Guys seriously claiming those Xeons that don`t drop by Mobs like all other Xeons have the right to be threaten like all the other simple red Xeons that are dropping in masses?

And ya i can believe it has to do with the Strongest "fix" because such a Xeon is THE STRONGEST.

Well what ever, seams even an legit Explanation was to much to ask for.

Can`t wait for more relict's from S1 OP`nes "dropping" soon. 

But don`t worry there won`t be anyone left to complain about such unbalance.

Edited by SandySandman, 28 August 2016 - 07:13 AM.

#78 emrah1

emrah1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationCloud9
  • Server:Valdes/Trifri

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:27 AM

lol the dmg difference btw 25-25 and 3 % xeons is not that high  so i dont get  why is everybody whining  , not like every1 has s1 3 % xeons for sale right now , probably only 2-3 ppl has them and they WONT  SELL THEM .  

i guess it's a trend to whine about stuff nowadays 

#79 VModPeppermint

VModPeppermint

I made it Off Topic

• WarpPortal VM
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Valdes --> Trifri

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:55 AM

The difference in that example is not that high because of the "low" base damage of that bludgeon.

Do the same math with a crossbow and it's base damage of 1418.0 - 1910.0 and you will get another result....

Then do it again for weapons of low level twinks and those 3% will be worse than 15 - 15 High Ranks.

That's the nature of a %-based enchant.

#80 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:56 AM

lol the dmg difference btw 25-25 and 3 % xeons is not that high  so i dont get  why is everybody whining  , not like every1 has s1 3 % xeons for sale right now , probably only 2-3 ppl has them and they WONT  SELL THEM .  

Did you actually read anything?

#81 Brock666

Brock666

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

3% def same situation?

#82 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:33 AM

3% def same situation?

Nop, seems that one is still bugged xD

#83 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:38 AM

Everybody is selling them at AH. I bought them at AH too... and they are cheap... so it's like everyone is getting a free gift from staff.

#84 dafoceiswithme

dafoceiswithme

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:45 PM

Did you actually read anything?

all i read is QQ , QQ  . QQ . QQ . QQ 

Edited by dafoceiswithme, 28 August 2016 - 09:49 PM.

#85 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:30 PM

I would just question the whole concept of perpetuating the story with those old 3% xeons. And let me explain the simple facts a bit.

Fact one: indeed those % xeons were originally rewards from a (rather) low level quest. It was a one-off quest, so yeah, of course, multiple characters could be used to "farm" more of those xeons. However... some people seem to conveniently forget that... Back in those times, very few people actually did farm them like no tomorrow. If it isn't again too obvious, the reason being that in general weapons back then were A LOT weaker, so that 3% added would not mean an awful lot. It was of course MUCH better to add high rank xeons, even the 15 ones.

Fact two: Pretty obvious again, there was a very finite number of 3% xeons circulating, even if some people actually "hoarded" them. There was never a great number to be found anywhere on sale, and actually there was never a high demand, because there was no reason (see fact one why). The situation started to change obviously, firstly with the introduction of the "+30 reinforcement system", and secondly as weapons with ever increasing level, grade, and damage capacity became available.

In general the price of 3% xeons was less, or at best comparable, than high rank xeons. It started to sky rocket when we reached the point when one 3% xeon would actually provide more than 25 damage, and actually significantly more.

The question thus arises, why we should have all this crapola happening again, like we used to have the constant "discussion" and complaints that high rank xeons were totally uber and game breaking (and they were to a degree, especially when they were kinda P2W). Like it wasn't bad already with the obscene high damage values some of the latest "additions" in the game have (weapons - example: call me MDC...), but you need to fill those up with 8 3% ones, to make the whole thing even more obscene. Well, sure, they are physical attack ones, and OK, certain physical classes are really bummed compared to casters, but not all. I mean, I would not call some sin or zerk or even warlord, sporting a top tier weapon full with 3%s a weakling exactly, and in that case the 3%s do mean a lot.

If by having (more) 3%s around is a new smart way to "buff" or "balance" (trololol) certain physical classes against the traditional uber caster ones, I have to say it is a pretty lame attempt, that will perpetuate the mess. Then again, it is also the now classic lame half-arsed way to do things. How sad.

#86 Hercule15

Hercule15

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:PkServer with safezone

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:13 AM

+1 for a new formula to get more 20-20 ! 

well since physical toons have 3% which are better for them ( better than 25-25 unless it's a lowbie ) it's a big push towards physical toons ... and i don't wanna talk abt WL using them which gives them a bigger advantage but ... give casters smthg equal ! 

#87 jebac098

jebac098

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:39 AM

+1 for a new formula to get more 20-20 !
well since physical toons have 3% which are better for them ( better than 25-25 unless it's a lowbie ) it's a big push towards physical toons ... and i don't wanna talk abt WL using them which gives them a bigger advantage but ... give casters smthg equal !

Give casters something equal?lol like 4k dmg on cap its not enough?damn what game you play lol,since its easy to male regals ppl puting them on wand and shield,or you can make new enchant for wep that cost 750k foc pts so you dont really need 20-20 that much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users