Renewal September 1st Maintenance - Page 4 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal September 1st Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

#76 7922150906050818863

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:58 PM

change spotlight. how much will it still continue? not the best spotlight, but it has been going on for nearly two months

#77 Ompong15

Ompong15

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:01 PM

Change rybio to elder..so combination with freezer..freeze then lightning bolt..lol..Just kidding

#78 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:15 PM

Because event NPC is suddenly not so event NPC.

Gramps TIs was originally an event before it became permanent. Seems to be the trend on iRO these days.

#79 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:17 PM

Because event NPC is suddenly not so event NPC.

^this

#80 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:20 PM

change spotlight. how much will it still continue? not the best spotlight, but it has been going on for nearly two months

Spotlight

• Aldebaran and Lutie Spotlight: Clock Tower, Nightmare Clock Tower and Toy Factory will be spotlit in addition to field maps. 

#81 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:06 AM

Enriched hammer pls :(

#82 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:20 AM

I hope with this meeting with kRO staff, long overdue bug fixes will finally be addressed.. And some more sentiments and suggestions from thee community be aired out to these RO "BOSSes".

#83 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:23 AM

bring back abyss3 high ti pls >:D

#84 AkaneSwifthand

AkaneSwifthand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:41 AM

Get rid of the spooky machine finally :X

Why?? they should leave it forever, its an incentive for login daily and creates the chance that you log on some random char and feel like playing suddenly,

#85 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:37 AM

Why?? they should leave it forever, its an incentive for login daily and creates the chance that you log on some random char and feel like playing suddenly,

yes, for less thn 30 secs. what a precious time to improve your bond with your char.

#86 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:27 AM

It's an incentive for me to log out next to the machine and never move anywhere else.

#87 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:40 AM

Thats the situation im in like 40 characters lol

#88 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:03 AM

I still don't understand the appeal of the paramarket. From what I can deduce, you have two prominent scenarios.

One, all items in the paramarket are readily available for purchase from other players at lower prices.

Two, one or more scarce items are available in the paramarket filling a gap in the player driven supply.

In the first scenario, paramarket is completely innocuous, providing no legitimate function and having no impact on the game.

In the second scenario, paramarket is speculatively ripe for botting exploitation.

The concern with second scenario could be mitigated by eliminating botting (how's that coming along, WP?), allowing the paramarket to serve a positive function.

Another option to address this potential exploitation would be for WP to constantly manage and update prices and/or available items in the paramarket, in which case, you're back to the first scenario. Also an unlikely happening.

So, does the appeal lie with paying higher than average price for items that are readily available or with the potential for bots to buy up the scarce items?

I suppose in the second scenario, if monopolies are created for any given item, it would incentivize players to farm said items to take advantage of the high prices, but eventually you'll get enough competition to drive prices down until you reach the first scenario again.

#89 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:39 AM

If the kRO guys are in town, show them this; https://forums.warpp...ead/?p=1496988

and ask them to fill in the gaps.

^ This. So much this.

#90 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:51 AM

Since the discussion is on it, is there a list of items that would be sold in the paramarket?

#91 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:09 AM

oca

#92 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:34 AM

Here's a list, in red are items that would damage the market the most according to past discussion. The rest, are either botted anyways, or don't matter.

9dsxAnV.jpg

#93 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:40 AM

Since the discussion is on it, is there a list of items that would be sold in the paramarket?

Whatever WP feels should be sold, in whatever quantity, with whatever frequency, at whatever price (though Campitor said 150-300% markup).

We can control the following

Items Sold

Prices Items are Sold

Amount of items sold

Days items are sold

Times items are Sold

Calendar Day items are sold

We are going to implement it, however since the items act as an effective price cap we will be pricing the items based upon their current Market value. The goal is to set the prices (depending on the item) to somewhere around 150-300% of what it currently costs. We always want the first choice for these items to be purchasing from other players and the prices should reflect this, as well as providing a realistic zeny sink should someone choose to buy these items.

We will be posting a comparison of the kRO and iRO prices for commenting in this thread. We will also review what items are available and may need to purge them if they are meant to be truly rare.

#94 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:47 AM

Ideally, everyone is expected to progress in their RO career, and in the future the ones that are now "poor" will become "rich" (like, i had close to nothing 2 years ago) and some decisions can harm their own future.

The key thing is not actually the cost for poor, but accessibility. If they can make their own stuff by spending more time but less money, thats what they do, because it's just the best option for them atm. For someone well estabilished the time spent doing certain thing to obtain a certain item could be better used doing something else, that would net them mroe money, so instead they just buy from the "poor" hardworker ppl. It's actually a really simple thinking

Ash... accessibility and price are directly related... you know... SUPPLY!!! (Always wanted to say that to you :gg:) About the rest of your reasoning, maybe we're thinking about different items. You're right in this argument, but I was thinking about mid to high end gears that are too expensive for most newcomers and become more accessible everytime there's a hammer event. Maybe you were thinking on topic, about items available on the Paramarket (and people are still talking about it... XD), and if this was the case, I agree with you. It just wasn't clear in your former statement.

WAT?!?! They just changed it. Where have you been in the past week? In Klapeida?

Seriously, though, even though it's not anything costy, and I'm aware that I don't need to use it, I'm pretty tired of this event. I always stay longer than originally planed to try to get boo cards for the next day, and more often than not, it doesn't end as planned. I have some chars with a lot of O cards, and one with a lot of B cards...

#95 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:57 AM

@richie and meli, thanks for the posts/quotes/images. 

Have a meme as a gesture of my thanks:

Spoiler

#96 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:26 AM

If every item price in the game was related to hammer avaiability yes, but its not like that :v
When you make an item +7>+9, you increase its value, but doesnt means more zeny was created, its just speculation value. But the prices of everything in the game arent tied to the real zeny in the server but the speculated zeny, aka creating more "fake value" gears makes decreases the value of actual zeny, and then you need more zeny to buy the same item that was cheaper just a while ago.
Now anything that is not related to hammer gets harder and harder to buy, unless its something very accessible through farming, and the ppl that bought gears for cheaper, are further away from getting it.(unless rngesus smile upon you)

#97 Rachelpam

Rachelpam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:27 AM

Enriched Hammer please  :p_love:

#98 son12

son12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:40 AM

Enriched Hammer please  :p_love:

Enriched hammer pls :(

Giff Enriched Hammer I need some of dem elunium dust to snort

also Enriched Hammer please :D it's time to upgrade and enjoy our new crimson weapons!

Just enable enriched hammer, he seems new for us:/

Enriched Hammer and double vip would be great!

so please xD

#99 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:27 AM

bring back abyss3 high ti pls > :D

yes please bring back AL3! I think the players have learned their lesson about changing from good high TI maps to sh1tty ones :(

#100 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:32 AM

Is shadow event refine stay?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users