Overlord666

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1158 posts
  • LocationTransylvania
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:08 PM

1st of all I know Requiem is almost as good as dead and I do not hope it will last long enough to see Dominators a fixed class. But what do I have to lose anyway, bored atm so might as well try.

I do not know what was going on in the devs' minds when they created this class but I know they screwed it bad. From it's design it looks, apparently, as a pet class. Sadly it doesn't play like a pet class.

Overview

Thee are quite a few ways to make this class work, but I'll only state one here, the one I feel fits best for a pet class.
1st of all, the current pets should be wiped out, deleted, vaporized, whatever just make them poof.
2nd, design new pets with a unique look. The reusing of mobs as pets is just too lazy. The pet names could remain since they seem unique enough.
3rd, the 4 pets,I don't see why the number of pets should change since 4 seems enough, should all have individual skills. So the Dominator aka 2nd Job skills should be only pet related. As it is know the Dominator 2nd job skills are just crap.

The Skills.

What I'm about to write here is just a sketch, something to have an idea how skills should be.
The pet skill trees could have two branches. Each branch could have up to 5 skills. And no it isn't much cause with a limited nr of skill points you wouldn't be able to max all of them. This leaves room for different builds and personal choices according to player style.

Kazara skills: 1st branch could be for DPS related skills, and 2nd branch for Tanking skills. So the choices would be between 5 DPS skills and 5 tanking skills.

Ennon skills: 1st branch could be for Healing skills, and 2nd branch for Buffing Skills. So the choices would be between 5 Healing skills and 5 Buffing skills

Lenatore skills: 1st branch could be for Ranged skills, and 2nd branch for Crowd Control skills OR Trap skills. So the choices would be between 5 Ranged skills and 5 Crowd Control OR Trap skills.

Nastech skills: 1st branch could be for Magic skills, and the 2nd branch for De-buffing skills. So the choices would be between 5 Magic skills and 5 De-buffing skills.

To make this work the player has to put points in the pets until they meet the requirements to get their specific skills as well. For example: you need to spend 2 points on a pet before you can get the Tier one skills. Then you need 3 points in a pet and at least 1 point in a Tier 1 skill to be able to get a Tier 2 skill. And so on. This should make the class balanced so no one could max everything.
Also each pet should have a default skill like they do now.

I don't think this will make the class OP or underpowered, I think this could make this class fun to play. If the devs would even consider I do not know, but what i know is that this is what a pet class should be like.

There you have it folks. I hope this gets a read, at least, from Gravity.

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:13 AM

Nice, but maybe with 2 or 3 skills per pet branch would be enough. The buffs should work over all the pets and the heals should be strong enough to heal the pets like a radiant would heal their party, but without being able to spam as much as they do, making the heals great but not so oped.

The pet skills shouldnt be weaker than the other classes skills, and to premvent them to be oped, the caster should share the casting time of the skills with the pets. Meaning that if the caster orther the Kazara to cast x skill that have x casting time, the caster cant start to cast another skill until the casting time is over, maybe could have an animation of giving orthers to the pet or concentrating. But the caster would be able to give commands to the pets, like attack or retreat during the casting time.

#3 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:31 PM

ennon cast curse bloodlust that affects all the pets an the caster

kaz cast attack power bonus to himself and lenatore

lenatore cast attak speed bonus to himself

pls

#4 RoboRabbit

RoboRabbit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

+200 Really Nice!

Hopefully the Dev's will use this idea, seen as they have been paying a little more attention to the Dommi's lately with the latest update.

Also, I have mentioned it before in my suggestions forum - I believe ennon needs a specific command key in the pet command bar that makes it ONLY heal the player and other pets, nothing else. Sometimes I rely on ennon to save me, but its too busy off somewhere with its own little mob.... and then I die >.<'

#5 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:54 AM

Illusion skills:
- increase (passive) defense?
- increase HP

Kazara skills:
- increase (passive) defense
- increase HP
- increase attack damage
- increase stun success rate
- increase stun duration

Lenatore skills:
- increase HP
- increase attack damage
- increase attack range
- increase attack speed?

Ennon skills:
// though I not make a Dominator, yet, I can only guess by watching other on this familiar.
- increase HP
- increase attack damage
- increase heal?

Nastech skills:
// though I not make a Dominator, yet, I can only guess by watching other on this familiar.
- increase HP
- increase attack damage
- increase heal from recovery? I don't know if it heals itself when it hits you like the Arioch NM mobs.

Edited by CarpD, 11 December 2010 - 12:55 AM.

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:08 AM

Another thing, if they implement the idea of make the summons the same lvl as the caster instead of restrict it to the skill lvl, and leave the lvls to enhance the hp, mp, defense, resistances, etc; they could delete the Swift Summon DNAs and make only one for all the summons, and add another one that increase the summon's lvl in one lvl per point (similar to the one for Avengers).

#7 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:15 AM

I would make it:

Kazara skills:
- Stampede: similar to the warrior skill that dash and stun the target for 1 sec.
- Poison Bite: aoe melee skill

- Shell: a defense skill that affect all the caster's summoned monsters.
- Taunt: aoe taunt.

The last 2 could be for the Illusion and Kazara could get additional aggro with its aoe melee skill.

Lenatore skills:
- Multiple Shot: the lenatore attack multiple targets.
- Animal Grace: increase all the caster's summoned monsters evasion and acc.
- Massive Stealth: a limited stealth skill that cloak all the caster's summoned monsters for x amount of secs, for the rest is the same as the rogue's stealth skill.

Ennon skills:
- Strenghtening Summoned Monster HP
- Summoned Monster Lesser Heal
- Summoned Monster Lesser Party Heal

Nastech skills:
- Relapse Wound
- Binding Weapon
- Nightmare: similar to sleep but the targets suffer dot dmg like with Shape of Fear. It would last 5 secs over 6 targets.

An alternative could be:
- Rise Familiar: the Nastech can resurrect a dead familiar.
- Sacrifice: Nastech sacrifice itself to resurrect his master. The Nastech wouldnt die when the caster die, and would sacrifice itself to resurrect it, just like the Radiant's Salvation skill.
- Nightmare: similar to sleep but the targets suffer dot dmg like with Shape of Fear. It would last 5 secs over 6 targets.
- Unholy Blessing: it buff all the familiars with a curse shield that deal dmg to the ones that hit the familiars.

Some of this ideas come from: New Dominator Skills

#8 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:00 AM

Also, dont know how good were the latest improvements to the Dominators (extra hp, def, resistances and speed) but they should also increase their dmg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users