Good Morning 9-12-2016 - Page 11 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Good Morning 9-12-2016

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
294 replies to this topic

#251 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3555 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:58 PM

Alright, it's time for my +5 temp vit to actually go to +7 after 30tries since 2 months ago  :rice:

#252 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:14 AM

The cost of a +20 gear is 9.4 million dollars on average

Thanks Kami for the Math up to +18 spent some time having fun with the Math up to +20

Will reveal some more calculations soon

#253 Ningsih

Ningsih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:31 AM

now that we are all agreed that new player are hardly will benefit from this event, what if gms bring enriched hammer for a week (this week maint) as prelude :gg: :gg: :gg:  and the next maintenance after that everybody can use the new refining event to the fullest \o/

*plzdongkillme*

#254 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:00 AM

Honestly people are just going bonkers due to absurd luck. Sure Ash got real lucky, and that doesn't seem fair. You're forgetting that he also made it straight to +14 without any event. There are always the lucky ones, so don't get too carried away. If anything, this event helps the unlucky ones get their +14s too. As to bridge the gap between new players and veterans, this definitely helps the "current" new players catch up. Future generations will have to wait for it to come back in. Also I really don't see the point of having a refinement cap of +20 and items which give bonus effects of refine until +14, when those upgrades are so absurdly difficult to obtain. +20 is almost impossible. Sure, sense of progression and all is important, but no one in their sane mind would even dream of having a +20 the way things are now. Getting closer to that cap, and making the cap actually seem achievable, is a plus for me any day.

Edited by WolfTri, 13 September 2016 - 01:06 AM.

#255 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:04 AM

btw is exp20% event already in?

#256 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:17 AM

I just tried upgrading and it seems like it's a piece of cake to get it to +12. Unless you want it to +13-15, it's a hellotta money.

#257 Raitonagata

Raitonagata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Location( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º) o Y o ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
  • Server:Chaos ( QUIT !! )

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:23 AM

What im sad is, the rate for normal HD Elu/Ori didnt get a -_- increase...

event or not, at same rate pffffffffffffttttt

Edited by Raitonagata, 13 September 2016 - 01:23 AM.

#258 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:28 AM

I just tried upgrading and it seems like it's a piece of cake to get it to +12. Unless you want it to +13-15, it's a hellotta money.

Precisely, 12 is the "safe" limit to many of us, while many refine bonuses cap out at +14

#259 AAEM

AAEM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:32 AM

will there be any enriched hammer event in the near future? 

#260 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:33 AM

Mine have this:
+11: ~10 tries
+12: ~50 tries
+13: ~200 tries and still not successful

So it's really not OP and p2w event when you look at it. The only thing that will make this event too much OP and p2w is having this active with Enriched Hammer at the same time. It's still really about RNG despite the increase. And also having Enriched rates w/o Enriched Hammer increased is also good since the item will break if failed, despite the increased rate and will have a feel on the "Risk vs Reward" way of upgrading equips.

And yes, it does make the gap between new and veterans become much lesser. Whenever there are new players and there would be a refine event, every new player I met already supass me either in level or gears or even both. :wah: EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. :sob:

#261 Ningsih

Ningsih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:38 AM

Honestly people are just going bonkers due to absurd luck. Sure Ash got real lucky, and that doesn't seem fair. You're forgetting that he also made it straight to +14 without any event. There are always the lucky ones, so don't get too carried away. If anything, this event helps the unlucky ones get their +14s too. As to bridge the gap between new players and veterans, this definitely helps the "current" new players catch up. Future generations will have to wait for it to come back in. Also I really don't see the point of having a refinement cap of +20 and items which give bonus effects of refine until +14, when those upgrades are so absurdly difficult to obtain. +20 is almost impossible. Sure, sense of progression and all is important, but no one in their sane mind would even dream of having a +20 the way things are now. Getting closer to that cap, and making the cap actually seem achievable, is a plus for me any day.

anyway, if you really unlucky no matter what the event is you will still............unlucky lel

#262 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:53 AM

Read the thread from start to current and it only gave me headache.

As a poor pleb like me, I will not risk my items that I worked hard for knowing I won't get another replacement for them. I'm never a fan of risk and reward stuff.

Call me blind but I see nowhere closing the gap between vet and newbz with this event . In fact , it will never close the gap unless someone wants their wallets emptied like a loan shark.

How I wish they'd put up a VIP event instead. 

Edit : changed bit of wording. I like fish tho :D 

Edited by Lazaruce, 13 September 2016 - 01:55 AM.

#263 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:12 AM

Camp said due to the event data problem, both refine event and enriched hammer can't happen at the same time. Can we have 1 week enriched hammer this week, and postpone the refine event next week? So everyone can actually enjoy the event.

#264 VikasMerchantf

VikasMerchantf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Server:Chaos (:

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:23 AM

Camp said due to the event data problem, both refine event and enriched hammer can't happen at the same time. Can we have 1 week enriched hammer this week, and postpone the refine event next week? So everyone can actually enjoy the event.

Second  this ^^^

#265 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:29 AM

whats with the upgrade? i can whack monsters even in +0 no need to think about it. hahahaha happy birthday gm just enjoying the game hahaha

#266 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:36 AM

This needs to be heeded, some love for us plebs who still have stuff to +9/+10

#267 MasterOfBytes80

MasterOfBytes80

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:39 AM

signed

#268 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town
  • Server:Chaos x Thor

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:42 AM

Happy birthday, Camp! People are getting anxious about this refine event, time to make our wallets burst :pif:

#269 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:55 AM

please :ok:

#270 bunnyband

bunnyband

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:11 AM

this is the kind of -_- why our population keep decreasing, i wonder how long can this server last

Edited by VModCinnamon, 13 September 2016 - 05:08 AM.
Don't bypass filter next time.

#271 Ningsih

Ningsih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:30 AM

Second  this ^^^

yis pls 

will prolly broke dem game but well ~ :p_hi:

#272 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:30 AM

The problem with this event is that it doesn’t quite know what it is.

It does not fix a gap between new and old players; in fact, it expands it. It provides increased Enriched ore rates but has no safety net.

Who in their right mind, outside of Crimson Weapons and a select few items would risk breaking a for a +10?

Unless you're reasonably well established, Enriched Hammer now becomes absolutely necessary to take advantage of this event. Although if this alternates with Enriched Hammer as the new standard for upgrade event cycles, upgrades beyond +14 become the new competitive threshold.

Those dumping resources into +14/+15 will now be devoting similar efforts into +19/+20. Veteran players have the advantage of accumulated time investments. As long as these players remain active and have equal access to content, the only way for a new player to close the gap is to spend disproportionately larger sums of money in the cash shop.

I'm not going to speculate details on the metagame impact, but granted the extant balance issues, it's difficult for me to see it being positive in the long run.

I know there are a few people complaining that the majority or small number of players get a big say....

Appeal to the majority when it suits them, accusations of favoritism when it doesn't. Don't know why it's so difficult to understand, the former doesn't add weight to an argument and the later doesn't dismiss opposition.

#273 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:35 AM

this shield is a awesome. goodbye shadowgear, I won't miss you att all XD

#274 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:40 AM

430cfaedbe7c1f1a49087fd166e79e81.png

lul'd at this moreso than usual because I summoned Illya over on Fate/Grand Order (there's a Prisma Illya collaboration event going on right now). Praise Arturia. (っ゜∀゜)っ

Edited by kingarthur6687, 13 September 2016 - 03:41 AM.

#275 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:41 AM

Enriched first please then this event.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users