Patch Notes: September 12, 2016 - Page 2 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes: September 12, 2016

44 replies to this topic

#26 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:40 PM

1amuxz.jpg

The Pirate's Event, undoubtedly the rewards are great, but it does developed hates among player because of some uncivilized player showing jerk behavior towards other player.

- Bot/macro, they response very fast when a doubloons spot respawn.

- Hide class appears and collect when you still in combat with monster.

- Misbehaved player use transformation pet to stop you from collecting and they steal the spot.

And the best part is:

After some moments, you will see in trade channel, those uncivilized player who bully other player will start to sell stacks of doubloons, while other player who play fairly still struggle to get enough amount of doubloons to exchange for the items they really need.

Thus, I wish WP could do something or modify the event if possible to minimize the problem. And here, I have a suggestion:

Create Cursed Ghost Ship (Easy Mode) dedicated for this event, with the following properties:

- Easy Mode is meant for single player.

- Change all monster and their difficulty in Easy Mode to Level 15. (I believe Level 15 is the minimum level to start the event.)

- Remove all bosses if possible, since bosses are not applicable in Easy Mode, and to minimize any potential problem.

- WP could empty the drop table of monster in Easy Mode to minimize potential interference.

- Place around 15 or any appropriate number of spots of "Something Buried Traces" in the dungeon, of course these doubloons spots in dungeon do not respawn. (Clumsy Pirates have dropped their booty on the ship as well.)

Well, WP could remain all the doubloons spots on the shores as usual, just by adding this easy mode dungeon will do. I believe this will reduce some frustration when collecting doubloons.

I'm not sure will this get a favour from WP. I believe the easy mode dungeon template is there, but the real challenge probably is setting up all the parameters, monster content and adding doubloons spots inside easy mode without breaking normal and hard mode.  :unsure:

#27 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:10 AM

If the botting already is what it is on the shores, imagine inside a dungeon! And this event runs 24/7 for a month and a half. I still think it's not a bad idea but wanted to remind of easier farming inside dungeons for bots. The server would be flooded with doubloons.

#28 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:19 AM

Doubloons spots inside dungeon do not respawn.  :unsure: 

#29 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:08 AM

But the reset button is unlimited.

#30 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:41 AM

Lol, yes, it's intended. You will have to leave dungeon, reset dungeon, and go into dungeon again and again. It's just like you wandering along the beach to collect without limitation for all day long. Inside the dungeon, you might have to kill monster, since doubloons spots probably will place within the monster. It's just that you don't face serious competition like when you are collecting in an open field, for example, facing player who use transformation pet to stop you from collecting. But I admit advance bot could be setup.  :unsure:

Edited by Saturn33, 15 September 2016 - 05:01 AM.

#31 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:21 AM

And, I have this item in my bag still not working: [Event] Veteran's Gift.  :sob:

#32 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:13 AM

hi, I can't seem to find the npc in verta delta that gives the daily quest "we're after drake's booty!"

Anyone knows about this? :o

#33 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:17 AM

hi, I can't seem to find the npc in verta delta that gives the daily quest "we're after drake's booty!"

Anyone knows about this? :o

Here is it:  :p_smile:

https://forums.warpp...rate-revelries/

Questscreenshot_drake.jpgDrakequestmap.jpg

#34 LordLaLoX

LordLaLoX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:01 AM

Con algunos chars hice las quest del evento el año pasado, ahora no puedo tomar esas quest con esos personajes, por lo tanto no puedo desbloquear las quest diarias.

Con los nuevos si puedo hacerlas pero no tengo nuevos ml40 para las de jawaii

#35 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:05 PM

yeah I saw that but I don't have any quest to accept....same as the person below, however I'm not in range for the jawaii ones so I don't know if I have those dailies

Con algunos chars hice las quest del evento el año pasado, ahora no puedo tomar esas quest con esos personajes, por lo tanto no puedo desbloquear las quest diarias.

Con los nuevos si puedo hacerlas pero no tengo nuevos ml40 para las de jawaii

Transalate: with some chars I did the event quests last year, now I can't take those quests with those chars, so I can't unlock the daily quests.

With the new ones I can do them but I don't hace new ml40 for the jawaii ones

#36 Draobyek

Draobyek

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 386 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:59 PM

The daily quests should already be unlocked if you did it last year.

#37 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 15 September 2016 - 05:53 PM

yeah I saw that but I don't have any quest to accept....same as the person below, however I'm not in range for the jawaii ones so I don't know if I have those dailies

You may try to check in quest log (L). I believe the Drake's daily quest doesn't need ML35 to unlock.  :p_smile:

#38 Masuzu

Masuzu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:55 PM

WP don't have solution to those botter, speedhacker and pet abuse

lol

they only can ban them if someone report but people nowadays smart, use low level account to bot

so if they got ban, JUST LET IT GO and keep farming hahaha

GM can patrol tiger spot FP .. but for this event, i doubt they will patrol every beach that drop shiny blons haha

Quick solution for those problem ONLY one : make the shiny bloons not tradeable and marketable

ez work for GM

Edited by Masuzu, 15 September 2016 - 06:58 PM.

#39 freakygin

freakygin

Amateur Blogger

• 133 posts
  • LocationAnywhere with free Wi Fi Available

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:33 PM

WP don't have solution to those botter, speedhacker and pet abuse

lol

they only can ban them if someone report but people nowadays smart, use low level account to bot

so if they got ban, JUST LET IT GO and keep farming hahaha

GM can patrol tiger spot FP .. but for this event, i doubt they will patrol every beach that drop shiny blons haha

Quick solution for those problem ONLY one : make the shiny bloons not tradeable and marketable

ez work for GM

So... Let me get this straight..
Just because of a few jerks, your solution is to ruin everybody else's life?

#40 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:55 AM

You may try to check in quest log (L). I believe the Drake's daily quest doesn't need ML35 to unlock.  :p_smile:

my bad xD I just realized the quest was in the daily quests board...i thought it was an npc  :p_laugh: ahahahah ty :3

#41 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:17 PM

Hi folks, your most hated/loved/neutral'd neighbourhood bear here.

Please let us know if you encounter any items on the list of "increased stack" items that didn't get raised to 255. Obviously I don't have the resources to check them all on the live server :v

So far, the ones that are reported to have not worked are:
- Happy Hour Box V
- Wind Elixir (from Pandora's Box)

We're also continuously adding items to the list, but they will come in waves (this was actually waves 1 and 2 already). There's definitely more to come, so be patient :) The goal is to eventually have all stackable materials and consumables that make sense stack to 255, but these things take time. Be sure to thank the Warpportal team for pushing these QOL items!

Vulcan's and Balial's blessings III that we win from winning Jehoon stackable to 255 pls.

#42 Masuzu

Masuzu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:26 PM

So... Let me get this straight..
Just because of a few jerks, your solution is to ruin everybody else's life?

what is your solution then ?

why not tradeable and marketable bloons RUIN everybody else life ?

less gaining zeny ? lul

#43 freakygin

freakygin

Amateur Blogger

• 133 posts
  • LocationAnywhere with free Wi Fi Available

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:08 PM

No, it simply means < ML 35 characters would never able to get the Swashbuckler title.

ML 35 - 40 :

45 Doubloons each day (40 from Jawaii Bosses, 5 from Drake Hard). Most new character can't even get inside Chaos Dungeon because they haven't finished the King Reinhard Quest.

(600 - 41) / 45 = 12.4 days to get Swashbuckler title. Okay, 2 weeks sounds cruel, but reasonable enough..

(Assuming the Bosses will always be there waiting for you)

Lvl 15 - ML 35 : 

5 Doubloons each day from Drake (Hard) only, Again, nobody even bother with Chaos Dungeon.

(600 - 31) / 5 = 113.8 days (3 months)

So, there you go. Your solution would ruin everybody else's life. Capisce?

I'd rather go with Saturn33 suggestion.

Or, we can always set the doubloon spot only give 1 Doubloon instead of 1-3.

So it doesn't worth that much to bot there.

Edited by freakygin, 16 September 2016 - 06:43 PM.

#44 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:52 AM

And, I have this item in my bag still not working: [Event] Veteran's Gift.  :sob:

Devs are trying to figure out why some of those items still don't work. If possible, send a ticket through support.warpportal.com to provide some additional information to help them. Thanks!

#45 RyuYukito

RyuYukito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 01:53 PM

The Pirate's Event, undoubtedly the rewards are great, but it does developed hates among player because of some uncivilized player showing jerk behavior towards other player.

I'm not sure will this get a favour from WP. I believe the easy mode dungeon template is there, but the real challenge probably is setting up all the parameters, monster content and adding doubloons spots inside easy mode without breaking normal and hard mode.  :unsure:

useless, they never learn form last year anyway.........

they just take out the coding form storage since last year and put it back in server this year 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users