Upcoming Refine Event Discussion Thread 9-13 - Page 6 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Upcoming Refine Event Discussion Thread 9-13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
357 replies to this topic

#126 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:22 PM

Camp, the data you mined is useless, some people here just comment without reading it, sigh  :p_sad:

#127 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:24 PM

Even cosmetic cash shop items can only do so much for a game that's been mostly stagnant in new content for years. At least WoW has the wherewithal to actually spruce up their old content when rehashing it instead of just switching numbers around to fit their new level caps.

Errr no, jRO has much more contents than "cosmetic cash shop items".

They make their own contents:

http://ragnarokonlin...l/episode/edda/

They make their own collaborations with other games:

http://ragnarokonlin...l/lova-collabo/

http://ragnarokonlin...cial/ecoro2016/

Edited by Diskence, 13 September 2016 - 04:39 PM.

#128 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:35 PM

Errr no, jRO has much more contents than "cosmetic cash shop items".

They make their own contents:

http://ragnarokonlin...l/episode/edda/

Edda isn't jRO exclusive content, it was made by kRO between 16.1 and 16.2.

Edited by Toxn, 13 September 2016 - 04:41 PM.

#129 Estra

Estra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

if all my equipement goes down in price witch it sounds like it will i wont be spending anymore iam tired of spending and loseing this new upgrade event seems like the worst thing at this point why go and do and over haul the refine system is fine already its been fine it was made fine were all used to it now its only been like this 6 or 7 years sence renewal came out iam just confused...  When you think about it who does this benefit seriously? it doesnt benfit me i dont no anyone in my guild that is excited about there equipement takeing the plung in price.. this is the part where the free loaders laugh haha

#130 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

DON'T BURST MY BUBBLE TOXN, YOU GET THE POINT.

#131 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:39 PM

DON'T BURST MY BUBBLE TOXN, YOU GET THE POINT.

You were sort of right. ircc the Pope story was originally a jRO story that they brought to kRO because it was that fun. Most development work still happened on kRO side but the concept is from jRO. Which is what they mean by giving us discretion. They want us to start working on similar kinds of content.

#132 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:42 PM

Also there is countless things iRO could do to keep players buying cosmetic items, such as temporary effects (they did it before, they just got lazy doing it).

Temporary monthly effects for new sets of costumes like something like:

+50% EXP

Increasing damage to a certain group of monsters (Think leaf cat hat's temporary effect. Would be good to go with spotlights)
+x% Drop rate (kRO recently made an equipment that increases drop rate by 5%, not sure if iRO has the ability to use that script yet though)

x% HP or SP leech

List of ideas goes on, but you get the point. When the months temporary costume effects are removed, give a grace period before introducing new costumes with effects similar, or new special effects for the next month.

There are plenty of other possible ideas, but whatever to it all I guess.

Instead iRO just throws costumes that people would buy from the kafra shop to forum contests, and never release them in game by normal means. Only for the contest winners to sell the gears for several billion zeny contest after contest after contest. Why? The hell if I know.

Edited by Toxn, 13 September 2016 - 04:43 PM.

#133 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:44 PM

You were sort of right. ircc the Pope story was originally a jRO story that they brought to kRO because it was that fun. Most development work still happened on kRO side but the concept is from jRO. Which is what they mean by giving us discretion. They want us to start working on similar kinds of content.

So does that mean that they're unable to come up with new content and has decided to have publishers develop RO's story and lore themselves? If so, does that mean Lee Myung-jin is no longer providing lore information for the game based on his manhwa?

#134 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:45 PM

Also there is countless things iRO could do to keep players buying cosmetic items, such as temporary effects (they did it before, they just got lazy doing it).

Temporary monthly effects for new sets of costumes like something like:
+50% EXP
Increasing damage to a certain group of monsters (Think leaf cat hat's temporary effect. Would be good to go with spotlights)
+x% Drop rate (kRO recently made an equipment that increases drop rate by 5%, not sure if iRO has the ability to use that script yet though)
x% HP or SP leech
List of ideas goes on, but you get the point. When the months temporary costume effects are removed, give a grace period before introducing new costumes with effects similar, or new special effects for the next month.

There are plenty of other possible ideas, but whatever to it all I guess.

Instead iRO just throws costumes that people would buy from the kafra shop to forum contests, and never release them in game by normal means. Only for the contest winners to sell the gears for several billion zeny contest after contest after contest. Why? The hell if I know.

Temporary effects on cash shop costumes is (was?) a thing over on RO2, that one epic -_-storm due to bad descriptions and miscommunications aside, so the concept itself certainly isn't a foreign thing around here. Not to mention the countless "temporary" effect hats we have that still have their effects. =V

#135 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:46 PM

So it appears that all the feedback in this thread really is futile. I see you'll be "talking to the studio about player reaction before, during, and after this event", which means many of us wasted our time here. Those of us here are trying to convince WP to either implement the event to promote equipment refine balance or scratch it due to server health issues. Seeing as the event is pretty much set in stone for next Thursday, I'm pretty much speaking to a brick wall here. Oh sure, you'll forward our concerns to kRO after you implement it, that means a lot to me. I really feel like I have a voice here.

#136 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Temporary effects on cash shop costumes is (was?) a thing over on RO2, that one epic -_-storm due to bad descriptions and miscommunications aside, so the concept itself certainly isn't a foreign thing around here. Not to mention the countless "temporary" effect hats we have that still have their effects. =V

It was an epic -_- storm because they pulled the rug out from everyones feet about it. Tuxedo/Wedding Dress for example.

A little bit of clarity before hand goes a long way.

#137 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

So does that mean that they're unable to come up with new content and has decided to have publishers develop RO's story and lore themselves? If so, does that mean Lee Myung-jin is no longer providing lore information for the game based on his manhwa?

kRO will continue to act as lore keepers. However if we come up with neat ideas for events or dungeons they want to hear about them going forward.

#138 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:48 PM

It was an epic -_- storm because they pulled the rug out from everyones feet about it. Tuxedo/Wedding Dress for example.

A little bit of clarity before hand goes a long way.

Indeed, I was part of and witnessed the whole thing unfold. To say it was an epic -_-storm is probably an understatement, much bad lulz and hues were had.

#139 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:56 PM

This game is literally an artist's haven. People who can draw can make billions without ever playing the game and become better geared than plenty of other people who dedicate most of their game time to running instances and playing the market. What a feeling.

Not hating on any artists btw, it's not your fault management gives you free money.

#140 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:14 PM

So it appears that all the feedback in this thread really is futile. I see you'll be "talking to the studio about player reaction before, during, and after this event", which means many of us wasted our time here. Those of us here are trying to convince WP to either implement the event to promote equipment refine balance or scratch it due to server health issues. Seeing as the event is pretty much set in stone for next Thursday, I'm pretty much speaking to a brick wall here. Oh sure, you'll forward our concerns to kRO after you implement it, that means a lot to me. I really feel like I have a voice here.

Please understand that you are not talking to a brick wall. Just more of a fleshy toned one. Feedback given heavily influences the future. Due to the overwhelming feedback to the shadow item system. When planning this event with kRO we insisted that shadow items, including several of the sets (specifically the penetration sets) that have concerned the community be removed from the event, this is just one of the changes that were made due to player feedback in the past. 

We are discussing the concerns that you, Warlockfier, Toxn, and a few others have shared on tuesday. We plan to see how the event does not just from an economic stand point but also from a community standpoint.. Over the next few months we will be trying out new and different things when it comes to events and I hope that at least some of them excite and interest you.

#141 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:18 PM

Maybe Sakray should be restarted and run on a more permanent basis to run these events over there, since it feels like you all want to hapzardly treat Chaos/Thor like a development testing environment rather than a live production one where stuff actually matters.

#142 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:20 PM

You know nobody was against the existence of all shadow sets right? There is a plethora of shadow sets we don't have, that many players would have no issues with having.

Just you know, not MVP card shadow sets. One bad shadow set's response apparently ruled them all out.

Edited by Toxn, 13 September 2016 - 05:20 PM.

#143 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:24 PM

Please understand that you are not talking to a brick wall. Just more of a fleshy toned one. Feedback given heavily influences the future. Due to the overwhelming feedback to the shadow item system. When planning this event with kRO we insisted that shadow items, including several of the sets (specifically the penetration sets) that have concerned the community be removed from the event, this is just one of the changes that were made due to player feedback in the past. 

We are discussing the concerns that you, Warlockfier, Toxn, and a few others have shared on tuesday. We plan to see how the event does not just from an economic stand point but also from a community standpoint.. Over the next few months we will be trying out new and different things when it comes to events and I hope that at least some of them excite and interest you.

I always feel that the community you are referring too are only those nayers here

#144 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:28 PM

We plan to see how the event does not just from an economic stand point but also from a community standpoint.. Over the next few months we will be trying out new and different things when it comes to events and I hope that at least some of them excite and interest you.

Just so you know, pRO, mRO and bRO are your fine example of where this server is heading towards. Meanwhile we get further away from servers that are thriving like jRO.

#145 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:30 PM

jRO is what we want to be like? Maybe aesthetically, but their mechanical system is more different than your average pserver, and their gear is beyond OP. 

#146 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:32 PM

jRO is what we want to be like? Maybe aesthetically, but their mechanical system is more different than your average pserver, and their gear is beyond OP.

jRO is easily the most prosperous of the official RO servers though and remains a big player in Japan's MMO market as far as I am aware.

Meanwhile, what is iRO? =V

#147 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:33 PM

Some things don't work this way, Camp. If we get this refine event, it will break what it breaks. And then it will NEED to come back.

Because you can't give a one time opportunity for veterans to get above +15 and then have the rest of newcomers or even veterans taking a break still competing against +14s lolz

If it's added now and feedback is negative, you can't not add it later.

#148 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:34 PM

Some things don't work this way, Camp. If we get this refine event, it will break what it breaks. And then it will NEED to come back.

Because you can't give a one time opportunity for veterans to get above +15 and then have the rest of newcomers or even veterans taking a break still competing against +14s lolz

If it's added now and feedback is negative, you can't not add it later.

see the data of making +15 or +14 first or you can check it out yourself in Sakray, it isnt as easy as you though even with this event

Just so you know, pRO, mRO and bRO are your fine example of where this server is heading towards. Meanwhile we get further away from servers that are thriving like jRO.

Not really true, this event is existing in jRO and kRO. They didnt suffer the fate of those servers

Edit: corrected

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 13 September 2016 - 05:53 PM.

#149 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:34 PM

I'd like our server's population to be more like jRO's yes. All my posts have been more focused on bringing people back to RO and different strategies to monetize, not really about the refinement event itself. Because I could care less people that pour thousands of dollars or billions of zenies into the game just to get their shiny over upgrades.

The only thing related to it was if it's going to cause an exodus of players leaving.

Game mechanic wise, probably difficult to compare due to different mechanics. 

#150 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:36 PM

Not really true, this event is existing in jRO and kRO. They didnt suffer the fate of those servers

Can you show me where you find that? I'm curious to see. kRO is not doing as well compare to jRO. :u That's why Gungho owns them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users