Upcoming Refine Event Discussion Thread 9-13 - Page 5 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Upcoming Refine Event Discussion Thread 9-13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
357 replies to this topic

#101 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:45 PM

Do not forget you still need stupidly good magic damage gears to still be 1/10 of the firepower of an WL =V

Altho some ppl still die somehow.....

Yes, you need to be quite... *put sunglasses on* ...arrogant.

#102 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:49 PM

Fbh oboro still had less dps potential than WL, with current gears at least

#103 nheil02

nheil02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:01 PM

why would anyone care about WOE balance with this event? It is long... long... time it is broken in the first place.

#104 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:02 PM

just worry about +10 your kvm first hissis

I don't even like to play as sura anymore but yeah,ENRICHED OR RIOT!

Do not forget you still need stupidly good magic damage gears to still be 1/10 of the firepower of an WL =V

Altho some ppl still die somehow.....

At least with the 175 you do 3/10 instead of 1/10 and you don't need sac.

Also, having the ability to dispel rogue link is huge.

I can write a huge list of stuff that Rebel and Kagerou can do in WoE that can ''''''''drastically'''''' change some stuff.

But yeah,Vanishing Buster can dispell Rogue Link and GTB Users,after the patch it has no Cooldown,double damage and it's Single Target instead of AoE.

Anti Material Blast for the -50% demi human resistence on target,bye bye immortal chasers,rgs and suras,the list is long !

Edited by Hissis, 13 September 2016 - 02:04 PM.

#105 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:12 PM

Just implement the event and get it done =)

Shinobi: Stop living in the past and oggling over past accomplishments. We don't need to know how many bradiums/carniums you got stocked, and if you say you gonna help folks upgrade with that stock, I hope you live up to it. I am tired of your wet dreams of your +14s and you getting in the way of ours.

WarlockFier: Having content and raising player counts is indeed important. But does stopping such an event solve those problems? Will the absence of the event bring more players given the way the game is at the moment? I'd rather the GM team do the event and promise us, and give us plans on how the money is used to help the server, e.g. ads on steam etc.

All that talk about new players getting discouraged cos of OP gears whatever is unrealistic and foolish. RO has been around for years, so veterans have done their time and done more and so have more. If someone just starts a game and can just readily stand against folks who have been there for ages, that would actually be a true incentive for people to quit and not stay. Since staying and not staying matters nought, the mindset would be to play when they want and leave whenever they want. There is not a single MMORPG that allows for new players straight off the bat to be as strong as veterans that survived.

It's like in real life where when you start working and realize that there are people more established than you, one can either get motivated to get stuff done, or say life is not fair so why try. Maybe it's not life, it's you. Maybe it's not always the game, it's the player?

Really getting +20 is nuts, the amount of people who have that real life cash to burn has limits, and all the doomsday sayers saying everyone will get +20s is ridiculous. Stop living in the past.

Also to Camp:

- To clarify, +10s and above, using HD carniums and bradiums does NOT break during the event, is that correct?

#106 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:14 PM

I made a +18 hurricane fury, without cheating. I probably used up my luck for the next 10 years.

Wow! Gz!!!

#107 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:20 PM

Asking the community about server longevity is a really, really bad idea. Server longevity = profit making, and the company makes profits off the community. So obviously the community will be against practically everything, because it's an unavoidable conflict of interest. That's aside from the fact that no one here has a working understanding of economics and how to keep a company running.

Edited by WolfTri, 13 September 2016 - 02:22 PM.

#108 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:28 PM

WarlockFier: Having content and raising player counts is indeed important. But does stopping such an event solve those problems? Will the absence of the event bring more players given the way the game is at the moment? I'd rather the GM team do the event and promise us, and give us plans on how the money is used to help the server, e.g. ads on steam etc.

All that talk about new players getting discouraged cos of OP gears whatever is unrealistic and foolish. RO has been around for years, so veterans have done their time and done more and so have more. If someone just starts a game and can just readily stand against folks who have been there for ages, that would actually be a true incentive for people to quit and not stay. Since staying and not staying matters nought, the mindset would be to play when they want and leave whenever they want. There is not a single MMORPG that allows for new players straight off the bat to be as strong as veterans that survived.

There has been no talks about them trying to get more players on board. Vs them constantly trying to implement power creeping items/ gears/ events whatever.

I was discussing this with my other friends... Realistically speaking, there are more players out there that are willing to spend $5-$20, or $50-$100 on this game on a monthly basis. $200-$300 is kinda stretching it, but when it hits $400 and more it becomes ridiculous. Not everyone is going to do that.

People are better off paying their tuition loans, rents, car loans, kid's, or just go on vacation with that kind of spending than on a game that no one cares anymore. Though of course you will still have a minority of players that obsess over p2win on this game to show off their e-muscles in a game that hasn't been relevant in the game news and media for a long time. It becomes kind of cute actually. :u This event is exactly all about milking these narrow sighted players, instead of reaching out to broader audiences out there.

Wonder why casual games make more money than this game? The monetization target and demographic WP is currently aiming for will deter the bigger audiences instead.

People also share accounts/ gears etc rather than spend their own money to work on their gears. They rely on friend's, or their guild leader's or just don't play. Because trying to achieve those high refine gears is too much for them to try.

WP is obviously trying to focus on a huge spike of cash grab as desperately as they can right now, as they have hit 3rd quarter of the year... This isn't going to be a long term good solution is all I can say. Focus fixing the game, revitalize the woe scene, increase population, manage your retention wisely.

tldr just criticizing on WP's poor method of monetizing. Make this game more worthwhile for players to invest into by making it popular again. Thai and twRO did it.

Edited by WarlockFier, 13 September 2016 - 02:39 PM.

#109 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:29 PM

That's aside from the fact that no one here has a working understanding of economics and how to keep a company running.

You're funny; tell me more.

#110 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:34 PM

Plot twist: Maybe the game is dying because the company has been listening to the community! Kek

#111 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:41 PM

There has been no talks about them trying to get more players on board. Vs them constantly trying to implement power creeping items/ gears/ events whatever.

I was discussing this with my other friends... Realistically speaking, there are more players out there that are willing to spend $5-$20, or $50-$100 on this game on a monthly basis. $200-$300 is kinda stretching it, but when it hits $400 and more it becomes ridiculous. Not everyone is going to do that.

People are better off paying their tuition loans, rents, car loans, kid's, or just go on vacation with that kind of spending than on a game that no one cares anymore. Though of course you will still have a minority of players that obsess over p2win on this game to show off their e-muscles in a game that hasn't been relevant in the game news and media for a long time. It becomes kind of cute actually. :u This event is exactly all about milking these narrow sighted players, instead of reaching out to broader audiences out there.

Wonder why casual games make more money than this game? The monetization target and demographic WP is currently aiming for will deter the bigger audiences instead.

People also share accounts/ gears etc rather than spend their own money to work on their gears. They rely on friend's, or their guild leader's or just don't play. Because trying to achieve those high refine gears is too much for them to try.

WP is obviously trying to focus on a huge spike of cash grab as desperately as they can right now, as they have hit 3rd quarter of the year... This isn't going to be a long term good solution is all I can say. Focus fixing the game, revitalize the woe scene, increase population, manage your retention wisely.

Camp I hope you are reading this: I think irregardless of people agreeing or not agreeing, liking or not liking an event, we all want you folks to help figure out a plan to have more players come into the game. If what you mentioned about taking in opinion to bring to the committee stands, you and the GMs need to do something concrete to prove to us that you are all serious about the future of the game, and give us A PLAN for what is intended to do to boost numbers and secure player loyalty.

Warlock: Whether or not $400 is too much or not depends on the player. $400 to a student is a lot. $400 to someone who earns a good living may mean not too much at all. Is it your right to decide for me how much is reasonable to spend? What if I earn more in real life money per hour than it's equivalent in zeny to farm for hours? Does it not make sense time and resource-wise for some players to do that? What if I say having the feature allows more players who are time starved and still wanna play to play and hence add to the player base?

It's not always that black and white perhaps.

Like I said, bring on all the events, show us that the money the players showered on the game is used well, and the players will have less issues paying for a game.

#112 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:49 PM

Warlock: Whether or not $400 is too much or not depends on the player. $400 to a student is a lot. $400 to someone who earns a good living may mean not too much at all. Is it your right to decide for me how much is reasonable to spend? What if I earn more in real life money per hour than it's equivalent in zeny to farm for hours? Does it not make sense time and resource-wise for some players to do that? What if I say having the feature allows more players who are time starved and still wanna play to play and hence add to the player base?

It's not always that black and white perhaps.

Like I said, bring on all the events, show us that the money the players showered on the game is used well, and the players will have less issues paying for a game.

But is it worth spending on this game for majority of the gamers out there? Not anymore... I could spend a lot of money on this game, but I didn't because I was careful to see where this leads me to. 

I earn senior position wage in California SF area so $400 isn't a lot to me personally. Economically speaking, $400 and beyond can be too much for majority of the players to spend on this game monthly. But yes I agree it can be subjective. I work in the gaming industry, so I have some knowledge with the gaming industry and it's economy... Both casual and triple A games.

Why not make a survey to see how much people would be willing to spend monthly on a game they really enjoy?

Edit for grammar

Edited by WarlockFier, 13 September 2016 - 02:52 PM.

#113 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:55 PM

I receive $400 a month :/
Focking exchange rates...

#114 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:58 PM

The main issue is that instead of making themselves a constant cash flow business model, they do events like this every several months where they instantly need all the money they can possibly get.

So instead of constant littler things people buy, they rely on massive game breaking things to get the cash flowing. And the community becomes very aware of that fact.

#115 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:59 PM

The survey will not be useful, as the mean of that will by no means indicate where players will be. Realistically a player can spend anywhere from no zeny to LT pain.

I won't spend a dollar on cheap stuff if I don't like it. I've spent $100,000 on a car cos I feel it's worth it and has resale value. But just because I feel its ok doesn't mean someone else does, so to say that I feel its ok, so others have to feel its ok is crazy, and hence a survey is useless as it means nothing to the next player, where every player has difference circumstances.

#116 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:00 PM

On a serious note now, where is my damn headgear from classic transclass leveling???

Almost mid septemper already GDI

#117 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:05 PM

The survey will not be useful, as the mean of that will by no means indicate where players will be. Realistically a player can spend anywhere from no zeny to LT pain.

I won't spend a dollar on cheap stuff if I don't like it. I've spent $100,000 on a car cos I feel it's worth it and has resale value. But just because I feel its ok doesn't mean someone else does, so to say that I feel its ok, so others have to feel its ok is crazy, and hence a survey is useless as it means nothing to the next player, where every player has difference circumstances.

xD I laughed at the first part's ending.

Well I was speaking in general how many people are willing to spend on this game is the thing. You'd think trying to target a bigger audience that spends a little bit here and there is better than a minor group that pours $1k-$10k into the game.. Also talking about active player base and how fast cash grab events can cause more potential exodus.

#118 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:15 PM

On a lighter note, for -_-s and giggles, I give the following unrelated videos for laughs to lighten the mood =P

#119 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:24 PM

Looks good to me, atmost im gonna +13 lvl 4/armors, its just that we need enrich prior to the event

#120 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:44 PM

When the developers decide that gear implementations are more important than actual updates to the game, that's not progression, that's cashing in on a lost cause. Players have been waiting years for something new in the game only to get instances and cash shop-reliant content. Did they seriously think that rehashing Level 1-99 content for 12+ years would suit players? It would seem so, given how the direction of the game has been made to be more gear reliant without giving us new, better challenges to justify that reliance. Woo hoo, nightmare dungeons; because revisiting old maps is so much better than exploring actual new areas and enemies.

I agree with you, which is why I have implored iRO to adopt jRO's module continuously. The way kRO is running RO is just to milk as much out of the remaining players. While if you look at jRO, steady source of income from monthly subscription, lucky boxes are all costumes and hairstyles and some items that are nice to have, nice population, contents are new and customized, formulas actually make sense, actual class balancing, no bots.

Everything iRO have is based off of kRO and while Camp said there will be a new USA themed town, look how long it's gonna take to happen. Next year? Imagine you go on WoW Legion, hit 110 and Blizzard tells you the raid will come next year, deal with it. By the time that USA themed town actually hits this game will have a population of 500 and 1 server.

#121 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:56 PM

a population of 500 and 1 server.

If we discount Thor, unless there's been a massive bot purge recently you probably nailed it with regards to Chaos today.

Edited by kingarthur6687, 13 September 2016 - 03:57 PM.

#122 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:09 PM

Realistically a player can spend anywhere from no zeny to LT pain.

Believe it or not there's a guy who spends more monthly than LTpain.

#123 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:09 PM

I agree with you, which is why I have implored iRO to adopt jRO's module continuously. The way kRO is running RO is just to milk as much out of the remaining players. While if you look at jRO, steady source of income from monthly subscription, lucky boxes are all costumes and hairstyles and some items that are nice to have, nice population, contents are new and customized, formulas actually make sense, actual class balancing, no bots.

Everything iRO have is based off of kRO and while Camp said there will be a new USA themed town, look how long it's gonna take to happen. Next year? Imagine you go on WoW Legion, hit 110 and Blizzard tells you the raid will come next year, deal with it. By the time that USA themed town actually hits this game will have a population of 500 and 1 server.

Even cosmetic cash shop items can only do so much for a game that's been mostly stagnant in new content for years. At least WoW has the wherewithal to actually spruce up their old content when rehashing it instead of just switching numbers around to fit their new level caps.

#124 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

Don't let this be event only, make this a permament addition to the game.

If you guys really are concerned with the balance of power in PvP, you should always let any person have the ability to get there (reasonably).

It's the same problem with the anti-freezing set. Those who were there has an advantage, those who join now are out of luck just because they weren't playing when the set came out.

Edited by Demeris, 13 September 2016 - 04:19 PM.

#125 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:21 PM

I receive $400 a month :/
Focking exchange rates...

Well, thanks to "tchau, querida", your wage got better, dollarwise. XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic