I used to use this calculator whenever I thought of buying/upgrading any item (thanks Azzy <3) but since the rates revealed are quite different from the ones the community have reached with play testing, which Azzy used (namely +6~+9 with Enriched rates) I decided to make a new updated one and include in it some features that some people would appreciate (Mainly working up to +20 instead of +7)
Special thanks to my good friend Mike for originally hosting the calculator on crmindexer for over a year <3
DISCLAIMER: Averages.Everything this calculator calculates is pure averages and it compares average vs average to acquire the "better" way of upgrading. You might think "I will always use +7 Certs from 4 to 7 I don't want to lose my item lol" NO. It's okay to lose your item specially if, for example, its price is 3M. You're going to need at LEAST 3 certs which cost each 7M resulting in you needing AT least 21M instead of breaking few 3M items while using ~2.2M Enriched Ores
Now the calculator might seem a little more complex than the previous one but it does the same function just includes a little bit more into it, here is a quick how-to-use: (Jump if the calculator seem to already be self-explanatory)
- Select server if you're not on Chaos (Server should be cached for you after first selection)
- Fill up all the fields with what YOU consider to be the ore values (whether Elunium or Oridecon depends on what you're upgrading) [if you farm for instance Elunium and you have a storage filled with a million Elunium you're too lazy to sell, then Elunium should efficiently cost NOTHING to you] Alternatively you can keep the Ragi.al button checked and the prices will be auto-imported from Ragi.al
- In case you are buying Enriched/HD and just want to input the value of KP you're buy with, do that! And you can even use the value of 100 boxes for the HDs, for Enriched its defaulted to value of 50 box (don't buy the 10 boxes or the 5 boxes... they are a scam)
- Fill up the fields with the certificate/bsb prices (+7 for the specific item type you're going to be upgrading and the general +10 and Blacksmith's Blessing) Alternatively you can keep the Ragi.al button checked and the prices will be auto-imported from Ragi.al
- The current price of the item, again TO YOU, meaning if you are attempting to upgrade an RTE that's already slotted with 3 Hunter Fly cards, type down the whole value (Value of the RTE + 3 × Value of Hunter Fly card) [If it's an item you farm and lazy to sell and you have hundreds of it should also efficiently have no value]
- Next, pick the item type from the type dropdown menu, and if it's a level3 weapon you check that one too (otherwise it will be considered a level4 weapon)
- If the item is a weapon and you have/had a Mastersmith (Must be Job level 70 and with level 10 Upgrade Weapon) for upgrading check that box
- The next box is for the next week event (I called it special event: I am VERY creative.) which increases the rate for refining with Enriched and changes the rates for refining with HD Brad/Carn, check that box if the event is currently running or if you just want to see how will the prices look like with the event around.
- If you're planning to use Enriched Hammer (AKA you don't mind waiting Enriched H. OR Enriched H. is already around) check that box. If MRS. Hammer is around AND/OR Generous Hammer check the small box to the right to nullify the zeny cost of upgrading with either of them
- Finally the calculator support you giving it the current refinement level whether the item +9 and you are trying to find the best way to +10 or a just-brought item at +0 [If you have a +9 item that costs 600M that you want to +10 in the value step write 600M and in this step write 9]
- Fill up the current price of KP in the smol box
- Your item's price
- Pick type of the item and whether events are on or if you have Weapon Upgrade 10 (J70 in past life or current)
- Your item's current refine
- Good luck upgrading and reading is fun by the way you are missing out on a LOT
Please do spam me with your suggestions and/or bug reports and/or questions
Thanks for reading and enjoy upgrading!
Edited by Mathspy, 09 February 2018 - 06:54 AM.