Good Morning 10-24-2016 - Page 2 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Good Morning 10-24-2016

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#26 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3543 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:45 PM

Is the alchemist rank resetting this maintenance? Change high ti map please.

#27 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:00 PM

What about the discussion in classic patch notes regarding putting a consumble box in the kafra shop for the party scrolls, mental pots, mega resists etc. Are you considering it?

Cos all those posts got deleted just because of some kind of a joke drama.

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:03 PM

I wanted to be like... Classic WoE is like the elephant in the room.

Then I realized Classic is the elephant.

#29 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:26 PM

improve the egg quest please :)

#30 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:01 PM

):

#31 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:00 PM

Please make the new costumes tradable for enchant stones

#32 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:13 AM

>delivered and a stable EXE

Sound complicated.

Last week during testing they found the kRO Halloween event conflicted with certain stuff. They mentioned a new server build EXE was needed, the client EXE should be the same and all be  delivered by patcher as usual.

>iRO Halloween event pt2 will go in.

When?....

These Good Morning threads seem kind of like a teaser of what's to come during maintenance this week (unless there's technical glitches) so should occur during Thursday's maintenance.

#33 kira26

kira26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:39 AM

Any chance to have Aunoe for mid TI?  :ani_awsm:

#34 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:15 AM

please add test dummy lvl 150 all race element sizes XD

#35 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:57 AM

Last week during testing they found the kRO Halloween event conflicted with certain stuff. They mentioned a new server build EXE was needed, the client EXE should be the same and all be  delivered by patcher as usual.

These Good Morning threads seem kind of like a teaser of what's to come during maintenance this week (unless there's technical glitches) so should occur during Thursday's maintenance.

Ugh I prefer something like this:

Q9NuBXZ.png

Not like this:

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Read Me!

NEW MAINTENANCE TIMES 10:30am-5PM PDT THURSDAYS
PATCH NOTES

Attention Users from 5PM PST 10-21-2016 to 11AM 10-24-2016 the Mad Bunny Ore Boxes will be available from the fire sale NPC. This is for users who missed the sale period due to the payment issues at the time.
In addition as a thank you for supporting iRO any game account who spent at least 1000 points during the month of October will be receiving a Costume Happy Droopy Lunatic Ears via code the redeemer.

The first batch going out at 5PM (list will be based off sales as of 4PM PST Today) the second going out on 11-1-2016 at 11am PST
Do not enter your WarpPortal or Facebook login information on any third party "voting" websites, this WILL lead to compromised accounts.
Make sure to run the game as an administrator to properly receive the patch files.

- Hate Spam? Check the thread here!"

Lets just said you click "[Event] Halloween Spooky Egg", you gonna got redirected to here:

http://www.warpporta...ews/events.aspx

And from http://www.warpporta...ews/events.aspx you can read the event detail, how to participating the event, level requirement, and the reward, and a link to the forum (sticky thread) if it needed.

The Sticky thread should be named "Haloween Event 2016", all complain, reaction, question, compliment, will be discussed in this thread.

When you click "Turn In Monster list click here" it will open window for polling

Example: https://goo.gl/gHsAKR

Thank you.

#36 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:09 AM

Sakray update please. Next time say updates are subject to 1 month delay due to kro's incompetence at sending correct exes, that'll spare me some agony.

#37 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:16 AM

Ugh I prefer something like this:

Q9NuBXZ.png

Not like this:
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ Read Me!
NEW MAINTENANCE TIMES 10:30am-5PM PDT THURSDAYS
PATCH NOTES Attention Users from 5PM PST 10-21-2016 to 11AM 10-24-2016 the Mad Bunny Ore Boxes will be available from the fire sale NPC. This is for users who missed the sale period due to the payment issues at the time.
In addition as a thank you for supporting iRO any game account who spent at least 1000 points during the month of October will be receiving a Costume Happy Droopy Lunatic Ears via code the redeemer.

The first batch going out at 5PM (list will be based off sales as of 4PM PST Today) the second going out on 11-1-2016 at 11am PST
Do not enter your WarpPortal or Facebook login information on any third party "voting" websites, this WILL lead to compromised accounts.
Make sure to run the game as an administrator to properly receive the patch files.

- Hate Spam? Check the thread here!"

Lets just said you click "[Event] Halloween Spooky Egg", you gonna got redirected to here:
http://www.warpporta...ews/events.aspx

And from http://www.warpporta...ews/events.aspx you can read the event detail, how to participating the event, level requirement, and the reward, and a link to the forum (sticky thread) if it needed.

The Sticky thread should be named "Haloween Event 2016", all complain, reaction, question, compliment, will be discussed in this thread.

When you click "Turn In Monster list click here" it will open window for polling
Example: https://goo.gl/gHsAKR

Thank you.

They tried this before back in the days with the old patcher. The issue then was people didnt read them and that it made the staff feel distant from them, which made things very uncomfortable for both parties. Then came forums with CM posting patch notes and everything was good for a very long long time and then the patchers no longer gave much information. It was a long long time ago.

#38 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:23 AM

They tried this before back in the days with the old patcher. The issue then was people didnt read them and that it made the staff feel distant from them, which made things very uncomfortable for both parties. Then came forums with CM posting patch notes and everything was good for a very long long time and then the patchers no longer gave much information. It was a long long time ago.

I've been around since pre-gunslinger. I don't remember them doing this...

But I highly encourage them to do something like this.

#39 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:01 AM

The old patcher definitely had much more space for patch notes than the custom one we're using now. I dunno why they want to make more work for themselves with the widget stuff. I'd rather have the old patcher back at this rate since the custom one leaves so little space for patch note information.

#40 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:38 AM

I've been trained to not look at the anything on the patcher except for:

1. The file being downloaded (or patch complete)
2. The play button
3. The replay button

Everything else I assume hasn't been updated in years.

If there was something eye catching that said "UPDATE 10/25!" At the top somewhere, so that I knew something changed, maybe I'd know to look at the patcher for real info. But camp said that the patcher doesn't update anyway until after you're all patched up... so you would get old information until you patched, closed, and reopened anyway.

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:57 AM

the patcher doesn't update anyway until after you're all patched up... so you would get old information until you patched, closed, and reopened anyway.

Isn't that kind of asinine when it could just load a live version of a webpage

#42 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:00 AM

In Regards to classic WoE times, were going to pull data on play locations that have been logging into WoE for the last 2 months and see what regions everyone is playing from.

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:04 AM

Even if the population is 600 during WoE there's like 3~4 guilds of around 7-20 players. Losing even 2~3 of those players will push them out of WoE.

Perhaps we should be able to discuss it.... or anything classic related. It's not like the issue can be dodged for much longer. I don't know where all these bots are but they're not players.

Edited by Xellie, 25 October 2016 - 09:05 AM.

#44 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:06 AM

Specifically I am looking at the activity on the castle maps themselves. Not the general logins.

#45 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:10 AM

don't forget to remove GM logins from that then.

I already know how this pans out but you should consider that guilds band together mostly based on nationality or common language or timezone.

Thus if the NA players are mostly in one guild (they are) and that guild outnumbers the ph/br/kr/eu guild on its own, we'll have problems.

To give you an idea speaking purely for VH since we're international we're gonna lose our ph and arabian players.

Edited by Xellie, 25 October 2016 - 09:11 AM.

#46 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:39 AM

this is exactly correct

#47 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:56 AM

Renewal:

• We receive the data for the Nightmare Toy Factory update. This will be placed on Sakray for testing today.

Nightmare Toy Factory instance is working fine on Sakray (though I had to steal the map files from kRO's GRF and use a Dungeon Teleport Scroll to reach Lutie). One thing I noticed was that Celine Kimi doesn't spawn Firewalls like she does on kRO as can be seen in the video below. Why so?

This reminds me, Constants are supposed to spawn and explode periodically while you're fighting Charleston 3 at Charleston Crisis instance, but they don't spawn on iRO. Possibly missing a part of the instance script?

#48 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:12 PM

Nightmare Toy Factory instance is working fine on Sakray (though I had to steal the map files from kRO's GRF and use a Dungeon Teleport Scroll to reach Lutie). One thing I noticed was that Celine Kimi doesn't spawn Firewalls like she does on kRO as can be seen in the video below. Why so?

This reminds me, Constants are supposed to spawn and explode periodically while you're fighting Charleston 3 at Charleston Crisis instance, but they don't spawn on iRO. Possibly missing a part of the instance script?

I am still building the client side patch. Making sure that none of the text files have undocumented changes

#49 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:18 PM

Any word on guild storage update and rodex

#50 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:21 PM

Any word on guild storage update and rodex

Were translating RODEX UI assets for the November update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users