Regional Pricing Explained - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Regional Pricing Explained

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#51 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:09 PM

#supportregionalpricing

Uh... example:

I live in the US and send US$100 to my friend in Brazil/another country with lower minimum wage. I ask that friend to spend all of my US$100 to buy WPE worth much more than US$100 when bought using their local currency so I can take advantage of points being much cheaper due to adjusted rates. How is this even ok when we don't have regional servers??? This system is very much prone to abuse especially since RO is a p2w game!

Look at League. My $100 can buy a -_- ton of skins etc on the Asian Garena servers, but not a lot (relatively) on the NA server. Look at the "Terms of Service" game. Look at all the other games with regional pricing. What do they have in common? Regional servers..something iRO/WarpPortal doesn't offer..

My take on this issue: RO can be an expensive game especially if you want to stay competitive. If you're too "poor" to spend $$$ on this game then sorry but you just gotta suck it up. There are people from Brazil/other countries mentioned in this thread who aren't minimum wage earners, in fact some are way richer than the average American. If iRO is expensive for you then don't spend on the damn server lol...

Since we have a lot of pnoys/pRO players in this thread, how about make Thor region-locked and adjust the KP pricing for that server only? This makes sense since Thor WOE time caters mostly to Asians anyway. I know region-locking is easily bypassable but at least there's effort, lol.

Edited by 1756492860, 12 November 2016 - 10:21 PM.

#52 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:30 AM

Uh... example:

I live in the US and send US$100 to my friend in Brazil/another country with lower minimum wage. I ask that friend to spend all of my US$100 to buy WPE worth much more than US$100 when bought using their local currency so I can take advantage of points being much cheaper due to adjusted rates. How is this even ok when we don't have regional servers??? This system is very much prone to abuse especially since RO is a p2w game!

Look at League. My $100 can buy a -_- ton of skins etc on the Asian Garena servers, but not a lot (relatively) on the NA server. Look at the "Terms of Service" game. Look at all the other games with regional pricing. What do they have in common? Regional servers..something iRO/WarpPortal doesn't offer..

My take on this issue: RO can be an expensive game especially if you want to stay competitive. If you're too "poor" to spend $$$ on this game then sorry but you just gotta suck it up. There are people from Brazil/other countries mentioned in this thread who aren't minimum wage earners, in fact some are way richer than the average American. If iRO is expensive for you then don't spend on the damn server lol...

Since we have a lot of pnoys/pRO players in this thread, how about make Thor region-locked and adjust the KP pricing for that server only? This makes sense since Thor WOE time caters mostly to Asians anyway. I know region-locking is easily bypassable but at least there's effort, lol.

Looks like they should be ban for WPE if you ask me haha

#53 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:18 AM

Looks like they should be ban for WPE if you ask me haha

Looks like you want the game dead if you want them to ban exploiters lmfao

#54 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town
  • Server:Chaos x Thor

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:20 PM

Not just bumping this thread, but, out of curiosity, is this being worked on? -_-

#55 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:24 PM

Oh god. Not this topic again haha

#56 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:44 PM

3rd world countries should have adjusted WPE pricing. :( 

#57 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:48 PM

3rd would countries should work hard to become 1st world countries lol

Orrrrrrrrr just move to a 1st world country for ez quality life without having to work hard for it    :wah:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 21 February 2017 - 08:53 PM.

#58 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:13 PM

Regional pricing cannot happen. Please guys, read up on it on what exactly goes on to create a binding agreement to regional pricing before anything else.

#59 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:30 PM

Regional pricing is fine if you use it for mainly subscription (WoW for example) or to pay off cosmetics for yourself or a friend (League of Legends).

The problem with regional pricing here is that WPE becomes less valuable because the currency can be exchanged between players. You can essentially use WPE to get ahead of other players and take advantage of the system. Those who don't have friends or some knowledge of converting your currency are out of luck.

So in other words, if WPE can strictly pay off subcription, it's fine. However that's not the case and people will continue to abuse the system ;V

Edited by Demeris, 21 February 2017 - 10:31 PM.

#60 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:38 PM

Not just bumping this thread, but, out of curiosity, is this being worked on? -_-

Hello, review the last three points of Campitor post here, hopefully they answer your inquiry.

And please do not necro old topics, thank you!

Locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users