Classic October 27th Maintenance Discussion Thread - Loki's Lodge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic October 27th Maintenance Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

This week's maintenance notes can be found here: https://forums.warpp...ntenance-notes/

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:34 PM

So.... Is classic such a drain that making boxes to tide over the current players with meta consumables until the new system is done would be a financial loss?

Also I have to ask;

How's it feel to sideline and pigeonhole an entire server community over one troll raising a semi-legitimate question over WoE? One that even though he was trolling, has to be addressed eventually? Would you rather the conversation wasn't had and Classic was known as "that server farmed by that one alliance infested with god items and not worth playing?"

I mean I'm enjoying the fact that I can take any random 100 econ whenever I please (I had 3 last week) and build a throne out of miniboss cards.... but it's not healthy by any means.

(All whilst playing renewal)

Edited by Xellie, 26 October 2016 - 04:39 PM.

#3 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:48 PM

So.... Is classic such a drain that making boxes to tide over the current players with meta consumables until the new system is done would be a financial loss?

Sales

• This week only we will test the direct sale of consumables such as Mental Potions, Mega Resist Potions, and Party Buff Scrolls (in boxes). They may be going away next week.

As the notes said we are making the boxes with the meta consumables this week.

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:51 PM

ty

what's an evil mask?

And nothing changes the second part of my post tbh.

#5 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:07 PM

ty

what's an evil mask?

And nothing changes the second part of my post tbh.

The classic community needs to learn to come together in order to play the game in a more friendly competitive environment. 

One thing we are trying to do for the community is remove the confusion about what is and isn't allowed in game. As there are entire generations of GM rulings on the subjects that evolve over time. Some of these rulings contradicted each other because they were from different eras, which unfortunately lead to the belief that some things were okay which were not.

• https://forums.warpp...and-guidelines/
    • We are watching the discussion as it occurs on things such as the portal casting and WoE Emblems. We are also paying attention what is being done in game and doing more to warn users instead of banning them. The focus on on education instead of banning as I think we can all agree the point should be made that players know what is allowed and disallowed. 
    • Includes GMs attempting to warn users on the stop when it happens instead of waiting till days later.

We hope that by educating instead of banning as a focus it will allow players to come together in a more healthy way as it won't leave a bitter taste in the player's mouth to learn "Hey the GMs told me to stop doing X" versus "Someone reported me and now I am banned."

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:12 PM

Yeah well the conversation I'm having the the GMs doesn't indicate that at all.

Infact I don't care to play because harmless, mildly annoying things like portal cloaking (which was legal for years) and emblemless guildleaders are punished whilst the harmful, undetectable crap is FFA. Also half of it is only provable by broadcast anyway.

I asked Warnhal about guildless characters who come in do to do damage in an invisible manner and he basically said something about blablabla it shouldn't be possible and we cant' enforce it, but it's certainly more reasonable to enforce than portal casting.

That is, if a GM is shifting to a character, they will never "SEE" the cast time after portaling because they have to follow and will load midcast.

But nobody is listening - the only people who are being ejected from the game are those who see autopot, *PE and 9 tile range bowling bashes, have it used against them, along with guildless characters and then get suspended over a client bug.

So thanks but no thanks. IMO, just focus on the mechanics of WoE and fix that before you drive everyone else away too and not just your decade+ veterans. It's obvious who is valued more.

Edited by Xellie, 26 October 2016 - 05:13 PM.

#7 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:29 PM

So thanks but no thanks. IMO, just focus on the mechanics of WoE and fix that before you drive everyone else away too and not just your decade+ veterans. It's obvious who is valued more.

We don't value one type of player over the other. I really want everyone to play together in a kind and respectful manner and game/client security has been my greatest concern for our service for most of my time as a producer. I will not give up that effort and continue to pursue this with HQ.

Though to be honest, I do have a favorite memory of helping a single user. This was back in 2011 and a new player had just gotten to be an acolyte. Some troll of a veteran player had pulled them aside and given them really good armor for an Battle Aco. Except one thing suddenly the character was "bugged" because they couldn't heal themselves. I was relatively fresh to the RO GM team at the time and it took me a bit. But eventually that acolyte and I figured out that the card the Veteran had given them in the armor was the culprit. It was a Evil Druid card. Both of us were a little but ashamed that it took us that long to figure it out.

#8 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:37 PM

I can only tell you how it feels as a player.

I can't change how it feels as a player.

Your story just kind of proves how veterans hold a lot of knowledge the GM team don't have really. It's sad if the two sides can't or won't listen to each other, but that's how things are. Not that veteran players have infallible knowledge either.

All I can say is think about what I said. I'm really serious about it... I've never felt this angry at the GM team in all the years I played, and [ you already should be aware of the history ]. Just listen, please. I'm scared to not stream you know? I shouldn't feel like that.

#9 MrWhisp

MrWhisp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationChicago, USA
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:53 PM

May I ask about:

> Evil MaskQuest Start

where we can get the certificate, and what loots are needed ?

Personally I liked the way it was with the Lunatic hat - rare drop from a monster...

#10 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:03 PM

If you're going to allow something that you cannot normally access via the official client, please provide alternative methods for players to access these legal things so everyone can benefit equally. Let their google search provide them with safe, reliable options before heading off into the murky world of private servers and cheat sites.

Also what's the deal with the Halloween pet quest? The entire tier 3 set of rewards have pets unavailable to classic and the first two dont seem to offer anything worth doing.

#11 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:29 AM

Though to be honest, I do have a favorite memory of helping a single user. This was back in 2011 and a new player had just gotten to be an acolyte. Some troll of a veteran player had pulled them aside and given them really good armor for an Battle Aco. Except one thing suddenly the character was "bugged" because they couldn't heal themselves. I was relatively fresh to the RO GM team at the time and it took me a bit. But eventually that acolyte and I figured out that the card the Veteran had given them in the armor was the culprit. It was a Evil Druid card. Both of us were a little but ashamed that it took us that long to figure it out.

Keep a GM with knowledge about the game resolve the problem. I know it can happen abuse of authority, even knowing the game but with good supervision, you will have better support.

Inside the Game:

- Check Godlys please. As you did.

- Have a way to put a NPC News in which show all the news Maintenance Thread? Put a Windows like the Weapows/Gears BG Catalog.

sm5ac9.png

#12 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:14 AM

i'm not rlly sure what happened with how were doing fourm posts now camp.... do i relay my ideas to your monday posts? are these posts going to be archived in the same place as the patch notes? why the separation?

also, because i dont know where to put what, ill add this here too

Xandyzor, on 25 Oct 2016 - 9:57 PM, said:snapback.png

Campitor, please, check again the Godlys (Especially Megin) in Classic Server as you did.

it has been a long while.... longer than a year if my memory is correct. would like to see this done just as a normal routine. i also believe that we were going to look at mvps on classic before the move to the new building. would like to see some of these things take place. may or may not bring back players, but i do know a few in the past who believed this was one of the reasons not to play classic. if dupping isnt happening, a GM confirmation of that fact would help lay that to rest. and if it is, a GM intervention would also have a positive effect.

#13 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:25 AM

I keep saying there's more megs on the server than should be. 15 of which should be under Valhalla's control. There is of course the possibility that the other megs were RMTed / the accounts were sold, so all megs should be returned to the owner accounts and passwords force changed imo.

Then dupes hunted out.

If I'm correct, there should be less than 25 megs on Classic.

#14 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:11 AM

by my count... this is on paper and stashed away mind you. should be 28..... but i could be wrong. just another reason to look :p_laugh:

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:37 AM

28... ehhh....

https://forums.warpp...yjafjallajokull

since this, Aurora made 1 and Valhalla made 2, I believe.

edit: + 1 dawn of the autocrat.

Edited by Xellie, 27 October 2016 - 10:38 AM.

#16 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:02 AM

your forgetting the double creates around xmass last year. theres at least 2 valk made ones from that. i know only because they were used by me the few months following there creation.

Edited by lxst, 27 October 2016 - 11:04 AM.

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:04 AM

Oh that;s right. They doubled those.

#18 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:11 AM

I think a God Item count update would be a good idea.  Last time it was carried out almost perfectly and it was a big boost for confidence in the gm team.  This really can't harm anyone and should probably be done by gms for gms on a regular basis anyways.

#19 Firis

Firis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:42 PM

Mini Crown

#20 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:03 PM

AWWWWWW, did skelly cat not work on classic? i want a skelly cat.......

#21 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:16 PM

How is maintenance status?

#22 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:23 PM

AWWWWWW, did skelly cat not work on classic? i want a skelly cat.......

its the same problem we have with adding any monster to classic. We don't have the ability to edit the exe written monster list.

#23 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:30 PM

Testing the update.

#24 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:01 PM

Almost ready to open alot of edits needed to be made to get the halloween event working on classic.

TLDR

Lude -> Wisp

NPC Jakk -> Coffin

Skelly Cat -> Leafcat

Cat Merchant -> Regular Cat

Pile of Sand -> Shadow NPC

#25 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts