Review of New High TI Map - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Review of New High TI Map

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:40 AM

yes, why hadnt Toxn said anything yet. It is as strange as me not being a pervert.

#27 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:56 AM

I'm at Morroc... and I can hear Toxn's sarchastic laugh all the way from Mora.

#28 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:28 AM

IMO it's a good map and gives the "dungeon feel". Maybe people just don't know about the portals at the end of the maze.

#29 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:08 PM

a great map for solo but for party no deal sirs but its good for the spawn very tactical indeed now thats a map !

#30 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:51 PM

This is WINLOL.

#31 yosummer

yosummer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:52 AM

The map is good for solo. But for parties, could be very painful without gwing. Even using gwings, sometimes landing at a spot with very few mobs but seeing big mobs on the other side of the wall and can't do anything with them makes ppl more upset.

#32 tihom

tihom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:49 PM

As a solo player I love this map, and its perfect for parties which walk.

But as most have already mentioned it has its own set of problems 

- Sometime people have to bwing out, and it's hard for them to rejoin the party.

- If you use gwings to help them join back, you potentially go back to a part of the maze which you have already cleared out.

- This map is good if only 1 party goes in at a time. Even 2 parties can mess up the mob spawn.  

#33 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:16 PM

What about increasing Verus spawn and putting BB for this amazing map?

The exp is not bad at 14x and we have a bunch of good daily quests BUT the map is SOOOO big and we don't have any BB there.

Gramps should still exist,but sometimes i don't even waste my time on maps like that.

#34 vegeir

vegeir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:15 AM

What about increasing Verus spawn and putting BB for this amazing map?

The exp is not bad at 14x and we have a bunch of good daily quests BUT the map is SOOOO big and we don't have any BB there.

Gramps should still exist,but sometimes i don't even waste my time on maps like that.

That's an amazing idea. We should put our bounty boards on steroids, making them avaiable on wider locations, including the new episodes. I think bounties should come with the update, making the location a viable leveling option as soon as it arrives.

In Verus case, yeah, it needs a spawn boost too.

About the new ti map, I really appreciate the effort to make the map more dynamic. The portal mecanism it's really thoughtful. That being said, the map is frustrating for being a linear labirinth, showing you mobs on the other side of the wall that you can't reach and allowing parties that don't have gwings and that are making the same route to ks one another.

A good ti map, as some player already said, needs to have several paths (clockwise, counter-clockwise, mid paths on middle) so parties can flow. I don't think the map is bad, it's just not the most efficient for ti purposes.

I think the idea of editing maps to create new mechanics for ti is amazing and I'd really like to see it again. What pisses of most players is that a ti map change always comes as a punishment: if you don't like it, you'll have to deal with it for at least a couple of months. This could be different if we had more variation on the maps, preferably fixed variations, like each ti map will be active for 2~3 weeks and then be changed. The players would change their perspective, because even if they won't like it, they would know that it's temporary and that something better may come on a later update.

TIs need your attention. They are the most common leveling method in renewal and just changing the mobs weekly is not enough.

You showed us this week that you're able to step up your game and provide us with versatility and variation, now you just have to improve it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users