Patch Notes 11/16/2016 [Complete] - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 11/16/2016 [Complete]

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:43 AM

DSPatchNotes.png

Maintenance Notes
Patch Version 0.5.20, Game Version: 10.1.0.7

Server Maintenance
2016-11-16, 15:00 Server Time

Note: Patch notes are subject to change.

DS-Events.png

Arcadia Episode 2 Mini Update Unlock Event

You made it! At the time this patch notes are written we have reached 821 points. This is great! You have unlocked all goals and exceeded all expectations! So you unlocked another special reward we just added. Thank you, Dragon Saga Community!

Goal #1: 350 Points Unlocked!

Boosted Weekend EXP Rates
You will get the following rates on the next weekend:
Friday, 11/18: 3.0x
Saturday, 11/19: 3.1x
Sunday, 11/20: 3.2x

Goal #2: 450 Points Unlocked!

Mini Update to the Game
You have unlocked the Arcadia Episode 2 Mini Update and now we will reveal what it is: a 3rd Equip Page only for cosmetic costumes.

Ever wanted to have your personal look without missing out on stats? This is now possible. Just wear a costume on top of your IM gear (for ex Devil's Set of Agility or [Best] Unity Set). You're now free to create the look you want – mix and match whatever you like! You are now able to look as you want without giving up your stats. Every IM costume piece is working on both IM gear and Costume page. The difference is that every piece you put on the costume page will have it's stats disabled for the time you have equipped it on any costume slot.

costume.jpg

How to use it
If the costume page is open (by clicking on the costume button) just double click the IM costume part you want to equip at your inventory and this costume part will be automatically equiped on the right slot as costume. Alternatively you can drag and drop the part your want to the slot.
If your costume page is not visible double clicking an IM costume part puts the item automatically to the IM gear slot.

But this is not all! For the 2nd goal we also added a world drop!
Collect 15 "Likes" and you can trade them for a Big Event Costume Box at the Vending Machine. This box contains a lot of event costumes to trade or keep. However, once equipped they're soulbound.

The box contains the following costumes (including so far unreleased costumes):
Pink Baseball Groupy Costume (female)
White Baseball Groupy Costume (female)
White Baseball Costume (unisex)
Black Baseball Costume (unisex)
Blue Basketball Uniform (unisex)
White Basketball Uniform (unisex)
Chic Modern Costume (unisex)
Traditional Outdoor Outfit (unisex)
Serious Business Suit (unisex)
Super Beetle Costume (unisex)
Jonathan's Suit (unisex)
Joseph's Suit (unisex)
Brindle Suit (unisex)
Leopard Suit (unisex)
Black Fedora
Navy Fedora
Red Fedora
Dandy Sunglasses
Matchstick

The world drop is running for one week. The drop rate is at 5%.

Goal #3: 550 Points Unlocked!
Mystery Prize
Ever wanted the Community Appreciation Ring? Sorry, it stays exclusive and you won't get it. BUT we created a ring which as almost as good as the Community Appreciation Ring. Let us introduce the I like! Ring. Just talk to Election Manager Gato and get your mystery prize. The ring is fully restricted including account vault.

Stats:
Max HP +6.0%
Max MP +6.0%
Agility +6
Movement Speed +4.0%
Attack Speed +4.0%
Critical Rate +2.0%
Critical Damage +3.5%
Final Critical Success Rate +0.3%

800+ Points!!!! 

"You didn't expect this" Prize (we neither to be honest)
But here it comes: Everyone gets a Big Cart Pet (7 Days) absolutely free. This Cart extends your inventory by 24 slots. When the Pet expires just feed it with Regular Pet Food. Even if the pet is expired the inventory content will be kept but is not accessible until you revive the cart. Please know this pet has no additional stats and is fully restricted including account vault.

Vote for Dragon Saga's first President (Election Event)

The first presidential elections are taking place in Dragon Saga's world and you will be the ones who decide who it will be. Just go to Election Manager Gato and pick your candidate. Gato has a quest where you can pick one balloon which represents the candidate you want to vote for. Once chosen there is no way back. You have the choice between the following 3 candidates:

Husky
Griffon
Phelix

To make your vote count you need to equip the balloon of your candidate either on the Balloon IM Gear slot or on the Balloon Costume Slot. You need to keep the Balloon equipped until the election event is over which will be in 2 weeks.

Please know that all 3 candidates are given a new accessory set with new stats that are different from the current "for president" sets. So pick your candidate because of sympathy and not because of the stats of the former sets!

The set of the winner will be put in the vending machine for being farmed with the ending of the voting period.

Halloween Event 2016
The Halloween Event 2016 has ended. NPC Randy stays for another week to give you a chance to exchange the coins you might still have.

DS-Changes.png

Item Mall
The Halloween Brooms (mounts), the Midnight Calm Mount and the Golden Dragon Mount will be removed.
The Flying Squirrel Mount will be added for 300 IM Points.

BigWheel

Removals:
Everything will be removed

Additions:
Set of Unity
Sweetie Attendant Blue Set
Panda Doll Costume
Villain's Set

MixBoard

Removals:
Everything will be removed

Additions:
Sexy Red Dress (female) [Advanced Tab]
Drummer Popstar Set (male) [Advanced Tab]

High Priest Set (male) [Special Tab]
High Priest Set (female) [Special Tab]
Lucifer's Set [Special Tab]

Hephaistos Set  [Deluxe Tab]
Angel's Set of Health [Deluxe Tab]

#2 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:35 AM

I was about to say that it is too bad that I won't be able to transfer my cart with account vault. But since every characters receive one for free, I guess that I don't need to worry ;)

Btw, since everyone is about to get that pet, I am going to report a bug that I always forget to mention about, but it seems that (sometimes) you get disconnected whenever trying to unequip the Big Cart followed with a "abnormal client" message. I hope that you will have the time to check this issue.

Edited by 5143121023173906760, 15 November 2016 - 10:37 AM.

#3 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:40 AM

Hmmm, so many good choices for costumes to wear. At least half the endgame playerbase won't look like Paris fanboys anymore.

Maybe I'll go with one of those stylish yet noob-stat costumes. Or something Holiday themed. This is a big feature that I was honestly shocked the development squad finally found a way to make possible. If I could give 1,000 pats on the back I could.

EDIT: I got it! My Gallant X-mas Evening set. Stylish, Fitting for the upcoming time of year, I can even use a sick eyepatch!

Edited by Coolsam, 15 November 2016 - 10:51 AM.

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:41 AM

Alright, so from what I understand the costume page is just for IM gear? Don't get me wrong, that's already great on its own, but I thought it was a great idea for one to also be able to put normal gear there. Was this just too hard to achieve for now?

Aand lot's of cool free stuff, that's fun. Gotta love the karts, you could've made a sack of dollars by putting it on the IM shop but instead we get one free.

And what a great way to introduce people to this system with this balloon event thing.

Edited by Precrush, 15 November 2016 - 10:42 AM.

#5 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:47 AM

but I thought it was a great idea for one to also be able to put normal gear there. Was this just too hard to achieve for now?

Yes, because there are currently no normal gear models for every class available besides some other problems with that. Maybe we will be able to update this in the future.

#6 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:48 AM

You have unlocked the Arcadia Episode 2 Mini Update and now we will reveal what it is: a 3rd Equip Page only for cosmetic costumes.

Worth more than Arcadia set and weapon  :p_love:  :p_love:  :p_love:  Da dream came tru

#7 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:49 AM

Alright, so from what I understand the costume page is just for IM gear? Don't get me wrong, that's already great on its own, but I thought it was a great idea for one to also be able to put normal gear there. Was this just too hard to achieve for now?

Aand lot's of cool free stuff, that's fun. Gotta love the karts, you could've made a sack of dollars by putting it on the IM shop but instead we get one free.

And what a great way to introduce people to this system with this balloon event thing.

Perhaps that's for a future possibility. From what I imagine, there'd be conflict with class-specific gear and such. They'd have to program a means to temporarily bypass class-limits for costumes only and it'd be opening up a ton of potential bugs. As funny as it would be for me to wear an Elga Dragoon Shield or use a Kickball as an Overlord.

Edit because I didn't wanna double post: Question; I noticed that weapons count for this as well. Will weapon enchants swap-over? I wouldn't mind making a costume IM weapon +16 for that sick lightning.

Edited by Coolsam, 15 November 2016 - 11:07 AM.

#8 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:14 PM

EXP x3.0~3.2

Costumes slots and Wheel rotation...

New Ring

Pet's extension ability

*Hyyyyyyyypped*

#9 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:24 PM

Wao

#10 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

Edit because I didn't wanna double post: Question; I noticed that weapons count for this as well. Will weapon enchants swap-over? I wouldn't mind making a costume IM weapon +16 for that sick lightning.

The behavior is a bit unspecific. Usually the effect is the one of the underlying IM Gear weapon. I am working on a fix though but it will not be done until tomorrow. So I would say: Do not enchant your costume weapon yet until I tell you that it is working (hopefully by next week).

Btw, the particle effect is always the one of the costume weapon.

Example: IM Gear is Tuna, Costume is magical ice, then you always get the particle effect of the magical ice weapon.

#11 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:13 PM

The behavior is a bit unspecific. Usually the effect is the one of the underlying IM Gear weapon. I am working on a fix though but it will not be done until tomorrow. So I would say: Do not enchant your costume weapon yet until I tell you that it is working (hopefully by next week).

Btw, the particle effect is always the one of the costume weapon.
Example: IM Gear is Tuna, Costume is magical ice, then you always get the particle effect of the magical ice weapon.

Thanks for the clarification. The system you have for this I assume is still experimental with certain things for players so I'm glad things are cleared up.

Especially considering recent trade chats and megaphones have demand for IM sets already. (Saw a guy rushing to buy a T Rex set. Don't blame him.)

#12 Spyropurple

Spyropurple

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

will we ever see the return of the lvl 14 sets? (the gold warrior armor on char creating) 

#13 Ujiganteng

Ujiganteng

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:01 PM

are costume still have stats same as IM Gear ?

#14 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:07 PM

are costume still have stats same as IM Gear ?

The difference is that every piece you put on the costume page will have it's stats disabled for the time you have equipped it on any costume slot.

If they would have stats it would not be a costume. The costume slot has been created to give the player the look they want to have without having to care if the costume parts have good or bad stats.

#15 shamamew

shamamew

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationHoa binh, Vietnam
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:14 PM

Costume page  :Emo_15:  love it :chomok01: :chomok02: :chomok03: :chomok04: :Emo_12: 

#16 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:45 AM

Wow. Just wow. :p_laugh:

What a great patch (and feature)!

I can't wait to try it out. :heh:

Thanks for all the cool stuff we get, pretty cool!

I have some questions regarding the costume page though.

What happens if you were a weapon with a shoot animation (like the icy ball the tuna weapon has) and put a weapon without any shoot animation on top of it in the costume page (like a fire guardian weapon for example)?. Will the tuna weapon effect stay, or will the effect be gone?

(This could be a nice solution for all the people having problems with weapon effects but want to wear weapons that have effects...that's why I'm asking..)

What if a weapon comes with an item skill like the tuna weapon and you put another weapon on top in the costume page that has no such skill. Will the weapon skill stay activated in that case so you can continue to use it?

Thanks!

The DragonSaga election sounds like fun, I'm curious who will make it at the end.  :p_laugh:

#17 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:16 PM

What if a weapon comes with an item skill like the tuna weapon and you put another weapon on top in the costume page that has no such skill. Will the weapon skill stay activated in that case so you can continue to use it?

If you equip a weapon on the costume page which has no projectile particle effect the effect is removed.

Also because a lot of people wished for it a preview of the costumes from costumes box:

CostumesLike.jpg

#18 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:25 PM

I want that serious business hair ._.

#19 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:41 PM

The "hairs" of the Tradition Outdoor Outfit, Chic Modern Costume and Serious Business Suit are actually the hat part of the costume.

#20 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:45 PM

I figured. I feel like those hair hats or wigs in general should be actual hairs you can buy with im. Then again wigs are wigs  :heh:

#21 512160818121533640

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:55 PM

Such a cool update ^^

Edited by 512160818121533640, 16 November 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#22 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:26 PM

QqzxnKO.png xCwxKf8.png

I can't wait to see big top hat and white cape to be this Kaitou bae  :p_idea:

#23 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:31 PM

The server maintenance is complete and the server is back up! Thank you for your patience everyone!

#24 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:23 PM

I just missed that question. Yes, the item skill stays. :)

#25 fransniko

fransniko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:32 PM

Where does the portal to DV on Ellora Camp go? I have no idea it's just me or not

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users