ROdex Mail discussion - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

ROdex Mail discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
186 replies to this topic

#101 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:12 PM

Ok honestly I want the rodex to come but if it's sup posed to be a combo thing with guild storage, then can we just get both at same time then?

#102 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:33 AM

Still say remove the weight limit tho

#103 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:15 AM

If that is possible:
Why not have 2k weight limit per stack with each stack being individually removeable?
Since there are 5 stacks this would result in 10k possible total weight per mail.

If people can't carry that much then they could just remove one stack -> store it -> remove next stack -> etc.

#104 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:05 AM

The guild warehouse is not a prerequisite for RODEX and, even if it was, kRO has been constantly sending us updates out of order anyhow. (RODEX replaced the old mail system November 2014 and the guild warehouse came out January 2014.)

Worse case scenario (for WoE players) is iRO taking out the old mail system because it conflicts with RODEX. Should start clamoring for the guild warehouse now either way instead of keeping quiet for another 2 years.

Just saying this is not going to affect WoE alone, but also the whole potting community. The only warning I would give is, don't start complaining about the scarcity of condensed pots, grenades and acids, foods and all other breweries because this also going to make it hard for the brewers and who can say how many might survive. Again, implement the system why bother about people complaining new features.. new is good right ?. And kill the game's two most basic and important foundation.. eventually the game.

Spoiler

#105 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:35 AM

If I can't brew for the people that would be sad. Then again thr people don't care if I brew for them or not soo.......

Just hope there can be tweaks to be made for our server

#106 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:06 PM

https://forums.warpp...ed-by-campitor/

#107 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:15 PM

Thanks Zero I was just about to link that.

#108 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:47 PM

Thanks Zero I was just about to link that.

Feeling happy !! 

#109 mungmungah

mungmungah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationLikely to be in bed, if not on my way out of debt
  • Server:Thor

Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:39 AM

i like the idea of 10% of zeny being charged when transferring zeny via rodex. like a mini zeny sink.

I don't get why people would use it tho seeing as they have an alternative that won't charge them.

#110 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:35 AM

I don't get why people would use it tho seeing as they have an alternative that won't charge them.

Transferring zeny has been disabled in the old mail system for years.. Because of rmt and people holding huge amounts of zeny as zeny storage in old mail system. 

#111 mungmungah

mungmungah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:12 AM

Transferring zeny has been disabled in the old mail system for years.. Because of rmt and people holding huge amounts of zeny as zeny storage in old mail system. 

I was referring to player to player trades. :D

#112 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:18 AM

I was referring to player to player trades. :D

People are either not trusting or lazy.. and lot others so they would prefer tax to a trade .

#113 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:33 AM

I'd never suffer a 10% tax when trading 2 bil between characters, multiple times. It takes seconds (literally, seconds) to log in an alt on a 2nd client. Eden warpers are everywhere, so you always have a communal meeting point too. 

If only the insufferable chats would be gone from the first floor. 

The 1bil vending limit did wonders for easing a lot of trade/sales. I can only hope a solution is found to the 2.1b holding limit. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 30 November 2016 - 07:44 AM.

#114 mungmungah

mungmungah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:29 PM

People are either not trusting or lazy.. and lot others so they would prefer tax to a trade .

I'm imagining one of those a lot others include being stinking rich? :heh:

I guess I'm just a stingy one, but if I think of myself using this feature/service several times then I could get taxed an accumulated amount of say 1m for 100m zeny sent. If another person uses it more frequently and for larger amounts, say a billion, that's 10m loss.

And I'm not even being very accurate with my math. ._. Cause I hate math. If i needed to send 100m zeny then I can't send 101m because the tax would be 1.01m right? Sooo it would require additional maths to make an actual transaction. Unless maybe the feature processes it such that the desired amount to be sent remains untouched and just deducts 10% of that amount from your remaining zeny.

#115 elmer0224

elmer0224

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:18 AM

When is the next maintenance? Any idea on whether ROdex will be implemented next maintenance?

I tried the current mail system and I can't even send a single item :(

Is the old mail system only being use as an email client?

I hope Western Union has a branch in Rune-Midgard -- for sending zennies :)

...and FedEx Midgard for sending items in-game :)

#116 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:16 AM

When is the next maintenance? Any idea on whether ROdex will be implemented next maintenance?

I tried the current mail system and I can't even send a single item :(

Is the old mail system only being use as an email client?

iRO modified the current mail system to only accept WoE items. Basically locks everyone else from using it for other items.

EDIT: Congratulations, a handful of players have been given the power to determine how players on Chaos and Thor receive UI updates based on how they plan to use the UI updates.

Update

• Were waiting on a new build for ROdex that eases the mail restrictions

No favoritism to see here at all.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 01 December 2016 - 01:04 PM.

#117 elmer0224

elmer0224

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:13 AM

I'm sorry, but what are WoE items?

#118 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:14 AM

Items/supplies used during War of Emperium, white and blue potions, bottle grenade and acid bomb to name a few.

#119 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:18 AM

Favoritism eh. Interesting

#120 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:00 AM

Favoritism eh. Interesting

Well, certain people don't like RODEX and it's not being put in unless it's changed to their liking. What's to say the same won't happen of other UI updates like the guild warehouse? Or maybe we won't even get it at all because it doesn't suit their particular needs.

#121 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:07 AM

Well, certain people don't like RODEX and it's not being put in unless it's changed to their liking. What's to say the same won't happen of other UI updates like the guild warehouse? Or maybe we won't even get it at all because it doesn't suit their particular needs.

From what I read, the changes would not be necessary if we just received the updates in the correct order and got guild storage before or at same time as rodex

#122 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:24 AM

Isn't that what a hater would say? Aren't we jumping to conclusions?, we are yet to see how this is going to turn out.. We are just discussing what is necessary and seeing what can be done about it... Where is this hostility coming from ? Did your "particular need" not go your way some where in the past ?

From what I read, the changes would not be necessary if we just received the updates in the correct order and got guild storage before or at same time as rodex

But what I believe is what ever works kro doesn't exactly work with iro. Necessary is what major part of game hinges upon and what that part has its foundations on. Everyone can have a say, doesn't mean they understand what is necessary and what is actually happening [I mean review who's opinion you are reading and deriving your conclusions from]. I humbly suggest you review and read a bit more of what others have to say to. 

#123 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:29 AM

But what I believe is what ever works kro doesn't exactly work with iro. Necessary is what major part of game hinges upon and what that part has its foundations on. Everyone can have a say, doesn't mean they understand what is necessary and what is actually happening [I mean review who's opinion you are reading and deriving your conclusions from]. I humbly suggest you review and read a bit more of what others have to say to.

That's stupid. Your stupid, lol jk. I mean I was excited for rodex coming out the way it was but I understand the need for the changes that were requested. Personally, I don't need the changes because it worked fine for my needs, but, it will hinder other people's mail usage such as potter's and guild leaders, so I can wait patiently until it is working to suit people's needs.

Honestly, from the potter's POV. If their processes are hindered or slowed, that will mean less slims and bombs in the market, and that could end up badly for people who go through a lot of them, or increased prices. So again I'll just sit back and wait for a "better" updated version that fits the severs needs

Edited by Spoon, 02 December 2016 - 10:31 AM.

#124 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:50 PM

I mean I wouldn't mind if it didn't get changed. But I'd also increase the bomb prices because of it. Just saying lmao

#125 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:18 PM

Thanks,finally someone said this !

I'm waiting for bug fixes for years,some of them sounds really easy to fix but i'm always ignored .

But when some players complain about the mail system to benefit their bots  or just because of laziness, they listen.

@EDIT

That was exactly what happened with Unfrozen Shadow Gear

Edited by Hissis, 02 December 2016 - 02:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users