ROdex Mail discussion - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

ROdex Mail discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
186 replies to this topic

#51 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:01 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but every single update since the Abyss Hall has been completely unrelated to War of Emperium and PvP. So exclusively PvM content. (Except the WoE:TE Update).

And now when we ask to at least NOT push an update that will completely screw up a WoE scene (which is already long-overdue for "revitalization"), in comes #PvMLivesMatter.

We dont need a better Mail system to make WoE great again.

We need less dual clients,more gm's banning cheaters and WoE Bots, MORE CLASS BALANCE and more gear balance.

But hey,according to everyone,i'm just crying because my class can't get lvl 175  :heh:

@edit

and less selfish players asking for +14 easy refine event.

Edited by Hissis, 27 November 2016 - 01:03 PM.

#52 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:03 PM

We dont need a better Mail system to make WoE great again.

We need less dual clients,more gm's banning cheaters and WoE Bots, MORE CLASS BALANCE and more gear balance.

But hey,according to everyone,i'm just crying because my class can't get lvl 175  :heh:

All we ask is to leave the current mail system untouched. Having RODEX on top of that is obviously not a problem.

Like I'm not even expecting a positive change, but at least leave the working parts alone? Is it really that necessary to drive the nails into the coffin?

#53 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:06 PM

All we ask is to leave the current mail system untouched. Having RODEX on top of that is obviously not a problem.

Like I'm not even expecting a positive change, but at least leave the working parts alone? Is it really that necessary to drive the nails into the coffin?

If everyone is asking to leave the old mail system untouched,gm's should do it,it's not hard.

It's easier than making changes to ROdex or delaying it and screwing more our updates. 

RO has a lot of amazing things but we always need to remove it because of Bots (I still miss turbo track) or because of some minority.

#54 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:12 PM

I tried pushing for Guild Storage before. The only responses I would get would be "uhhhhhhhhh" like literally every single other response given on Tikis :V

Should've made a whole thread about it like every other WoE thread.

#55 markoh1988

markoh1988

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1645 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:21 PM

Should make a section just for woe issue.. and seperate into 1/2/TE

#56 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:43 PM

I'm pretty sure you weren't able to get your mail while out in the field maps on the old system. Neither did you get a decent notification for getting mail.

Both of these are possible with the current system, although they would be considered exploits.

#57 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:59 PM

Yes, but that's the old system... RODex lets you send 5 items per mail. So you'll only need to send 56 mails, not 280.

It does let you send 5 items. But can you send 2000 cond pots, 100 hp incs, 300 blue pots in one mail ? oh wait, weight limit reached !! Hence 5 mails..

Every week I mail 200+ messages, each containing 10000 weight. I understand the new system limits messages to 2000 weight and might also have some kind of rate limit. For me that would be like not having mail at all.

Am in a similar situation here.. somewhere around 150+ messages for me with 10k weight.

Ouch.

The best would be to keep the old mailman working as it is now, on top of the new mail system, so people who have to mail such mass quantities can do it via mailman (for heavy bulks of one item) and for tiny amounts of supplies the rest would use rodex.

That is one of the promising solutions, yet again need gm's opinion on this.. if that is possible. GMs going to take a while to reply or even notice this thread. 

You guys should be thankful,some RO servers never got the Old Mail system.

Looks like everyone enjoy delayed updates, Still no fix for the malangdo card system,still no info for paramarket (which is a good place,just need to be balanced),still ZERO FIXED BUGS and now you guys want to delay RODEX just because you can't tob supply anymore? 

If this is a huge problem for everyone,why you guys don't push WP and Gravity for Guild Warehouse? 

geez

They can put Janeway which is a cancerous way to increase player database and try hard at lot of other things. But woe is a major part for the game to survive and considering almost all guilds use mail system except one or two, improper and hasty implementation of the new mail system is going to be a hindrance and a -_-block to existing big time and small time guilds as well as the new guilds having an enthusiastic start. Fighting is the fun part not supplying and preparing, so the later part should be made easy so fun can outweigh it.. Making it harder is going to make people eventually stop woe'ing (at least leaders will be exhausted with having so much on their plate already, if not immediately ..eventually). Will you be satisfied just pvm aspect of the game and never having a gvg fight ? Having all the mvp card and everything but had to fight an AI of a pvm mob forever ?  So do we want to delay rodex ? Either that or cause a chain reaction disturbing the foundation of what the game hinges on. Just because something is shiny you don't go for it, that's more like a kid. 

As for brewers, they need profit if they want to do all the hard work and it is not going to work with brewing in less numbers we have our constraints of time and real life. So, when we brew, we brew heavy. Again a major ..-_-block to brewers with not able to mail freely the materials of huge numbers. Making it more harder and making the con outweigh the pro, brewers will be discouraged further to brew. Good luck not having anymore those Ren's any other readily available slims or all the bombs you use for MvPs or any other brewed items. So, yea if you say we are being

-_- about letting new things come to us.. think again!!

Edit:
Why am I speaking extreme, when it's just a detour for a mail, don't complain about server shutting down and iro slowly falling apart. little things like one at a time make people wither away from the game !! 

Edited by FrostKing, 27 November 2016 - 07:02 PM.

#58 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:15 PM

why not ask how much freedom iRO has to edit ROdex such as upping the weight limit?

Edited by Xellie, 27 November 2016 - 07:15 PM.

#59 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:25 PM

I asked oda a while back and he said he has to look into it once he gets the data if we can locally remove the weight limit on iro. But, they could still  implement the system then they may look into the coding. But, the thread was made to discuss and request the halt of implementing if the limit can't be removed. 

#60 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:38 PM

well that's what sakray is for. 

#61 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:02 PM

Upto gms.

#62 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:12 PM

After countless updates where reported bugs from sakray still made it into live, and where sakray barely got a 2 day testing time, I've really lost all faith in anything related to sakray testing. Also every time I check, it's down. RODEX wasn't even tested there. Guess they're planning on skipping the sakray phase entirely.

Edited by WolfTri, 27 November 2016 - 09:13 PM.

#63 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:14 PM

iRO is the server that rejects all new features.

#64 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:17 PM

But complains about not getting them.

#65 nheil02

nheil02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:20 PM

not rejected again.. please!

#66 Dwayne1230

Dwayne1230

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:22 PM

Is there any new updates on what this ROdex does when it comes to the server?

#67 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:26 PM

Is there any new updates on what this ROdex does when it comes to the server?

It's the new mail system that works like the mail system in other MMORPGs. The main people against it are those who do not like the restrictions when it comes to sending items.

#68 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:45 AM

the 2k weight limit is because the minimum carry capacity for any character, has been problems when one user sends 6-8k of weigh in one mail and the other part cant take it because dont have enough weight capacity, so he needs to resend or in the worst case the mail gets stuck with the items in it.

i don't mind the tax because im ok with any mode of zenysink, the % of the tax is ridicously low, so it don't matter in the long run, my only concern is the stamps and the system behind those, they refill each week? you can buy more with zeny or are cash shop item? if its one of the first two im ok, but make it cash shop is just too much

#69 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:15 AM

the 2k weight limit is because the minimum carry capacity for any character, has been problems when one user sends 6-8k of weigh in one mail and the other part cant take it because dont have enough weight capacity, so he needs to resend or in the worst case the mail gets stuck with the items in it.

This is solved by allowing the recipient to remove some of the items, leaving the rest in the message. I'm perplexed that they designed a totally new mail system yet didn't see fit to include such basic functionality.

#70 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:12 AM

This is solved by allowing the recipient to remove some of the items, leaving the rest in the message. I'm perplexed that they designed a totally new mail system yet didn't see fit to include such basic functionality.

Or just make each item stack's cap 2000 weight, and make it so people can remove one item stack at a time. That way you still retain the old 10k max weight, and all that's left is the issue of stamps.

#71 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:20 AM

Lot of things to agree on and disagree on .. No gms involvement, their hands are now tied as they don't have the data yet and hence can't say anything for sure !! 

#72 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:48 AM

Lot of things to agree on and disagree on .. No gms involvement, their hands are now tied as they don't have the data yet and hence can't say anything for sure !! 

I read differently

GOOD MORNING RUNE MIDGARD!

It is Thanksgiving Week! Were trying to keep the maintenance light due to the short week. How was everyone's weekend?

Renewal:

• We we have received for Sakray Testing the following
    • RODEX
    • Character Server Update
    • Item Lua System
    • Cards for the 15.X updates
  • Due to the above the old Mail System will be leaving on 11/22/016. You have until the 22nd to pick up your mail. This week all mail npcs will have warnings added to this effect.
    • ​We are missing some critical DB updates for this system. Due to this it is being delayed.

Campitor producer (not GM(s)) did receive the data but ran into a problem he's hoping to have the system implemented by December first.

#73 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:53 AM

I read differently

Campitor producer (not GM(s)) did receive the data but ran into a problem he's hoping to have the system implemented by December first.

They don't have the complete data, is what i have been informed.. Major part has been received but some missing i suppose

#74 elmer0224

elmer0224

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:06 AM

Any update on when the mailing system would be operational?

I have quite a few accounts and I badly needed to transfer items from one account to another. I have few RO friends that are online.

I have to resort to dropping the item, log-out of account 1, log-in to account 2 and hoping not to be disconnected :(

#75 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:29 AM

Any update on when the mailing system would be operational?

I have quite a few accounts and I badly needed to transfer items from one account to another. I have few RO friends that are online.

I have to resort to dropping the item, log-out of account 1, log-in to account 2 and hoping not to be disconnected :(

Don't know because there are people in this thread that are against implementing the new mail system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users