New year, new loading screen submission thread!
Hi and welcome back, everybody! This is where you wanna be if you're interested in submitting your art for loading screens this year
(Please review before submitting!)
1. Entries must be 4:3 aspect ratio to be considered for loading screens. If that means that you have to add a "letterbox" to get it to that aspect ratio (640x480, 1600x1200) please do so.
2. Entries must be 640x480 jpg at around 150kb or slightly less. You can also include a larger scale version of your image in your submission post. Sites like this will scale down your pictures and let you set a maximum file size.
3. You must note if you are submitting as an artist or with a commissioned work and post the name of the artist.
3a. Side note about commissions. If you're submitting art that isn't drawn by you and claiming you commissioned it, it cannot be work that has been previously submitted to this or any other loading screen contests. It also cannot be very, very old, like done over 1 year ago. Let's keep it recent, people
4. You may include your deviantart, tumblr, or personal artist website in the artwork.
5. Using specific elements taken from another artists work (while subject to interpretation) without attribution or acknowledgement of the inspiration can be too close to plagiarism, and may cause the artwork to be rejected.
6. Only one submission per poster per month. If you post up multiple artworks during the month, please indicate which one you would rather be included first, otherwise it will be chosen for you.
7. Guild emblems in loading screen art is acceptable, but please do not turn it into propaganda or advertisement (ie: "X guild is better than Y guild!" or "Join X guild!"
8. When submitting your artwork, please include the following information in this format:
- Prizes will change once every quarter.
That means there will be one prize each for the periods of January-March, April-June, July-September, and October-December, a total of 4 different prizes. Each prize will be introduced at the beginning of its quarter. This is the "Core 4"
- Prize distribution will remain on a monthly basis, based on the month the art was submitted.
For example, if you submit in March but aren't displayed until April, you will get the prize for March.
- Only one prize will be awarded to each artist per month.
Yes, this means you can potentially get the same prize 3 times. However...
- We will keep the Creative Convention Hats as alternative prizes.
If you still like the Creative Convention Hats from last year, it will be offered as an optional prize for you instead of the Core 4. Just let me know
Core Prize for January - March
Costume Yoyo Hat!
This lovely little hat features a cute Yoyo sitting on your head. It even has a cute red butt from the back view!
If you submit during January, February, or March, this is your prize!
You also have the option of choosing from a Blue, Red, Green, or Orange Creative Convention Hat (pictured below), just like last year, if you don't want the Costume Yoyo Hat.
Classic players have the option of getting a Yoyo Hat (non costume version), a Green Creative Convention Hat, or a Red Creative Convention Hat.
If there are any additional rules that you feel should be considered or listed, please let me know!
A reminder that entries posted in 2016 Loading thread will only count for that time as their participation prize is undergoing preparation or has been handed in. Also see this post. If for some odd reason you were skipped in that thread please send a PM to CM Astra with your 2016 participation entry.
Thank you for understanding!
Edited by CMAstra, 03 April 2017 - 03:43 PM.
Adjusted Rule 3a regarding commissions