A kRO Server? - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

A kRO Server?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#51 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:33 AM

how is this post still a thing, this literally asking hey whats your thoughts on a private server.

Because Zero does not propose private server? Related to the topic, I just want iRO sakray functioned like kRO sakray do. They basically dump everything with bugs and errors even when something does not get implemented in main server in the end... kRO Sakray is also kept being wiped and restarted for people who actually has characters there... What it meant for iRO Sakray is just dump what kRO has right now, keep everything not translated just in korean...

Trust me, when the other game literaly just copy paste korean server in CBT (just translate things to english once OBT comes) it actually goes better than expected.

#52 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:03 PM

Well considering how many people mistake iRO for a pserver, it's only natural that people here think the same as well. Given the state of the official website, it does give off the appearance of a badly-managed pserver.

EDIT: I think it would be hilarious if iRO advertises itself on RMS as a pserver and people come here and complain it's one of the worst pservers ever.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 07 January 2017 - 12:09 PM.

#53 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:26 PM

iRO isn't international. It's USA / English speaking. (Thor maybe an exception)

source: all the people that tell europeans to stop whining about WoE times.

I doubt it. Long before Thor iRO was already iRO. It's not AmeRO or usaRO. It's accessible outside US it's just that everybody has their own version of RO back then that the international population is a minority. Correct me if I'm wrong.  :heh:

OT: I'd play kRO-type server if it's vanilla.  :heh:

#54 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:51 PM

How vanilla are we talking here? Pre-WoE? That'd get boring really quickly.

#55 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

I doubt it. Long before Thor iRO was already iRO. It's not AmeRO or usaRO. It's accessible outside US it's just that everybody has their own version of RO back then that the international population is a minority. Correct me if I'm wrong.  :heh:

Actually other regions (such as europe) are technically banned from accessing the service. 

#56 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

Actually other regions (such as europe) are technically banned from accessing the service. 

Weird, back before euRO was a thing, iRO was the expected server for europe users to utilize, the kRO staff managing iRO back then did a shout out to the server asking where everyone was from and was more surprised by the American users being on at that time :heh:

Spoiler

#57 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:36 PM

jRO is better  :heh:

(I like their new sprites  :heh:

#58 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:37 PM

How vanilla are we talking here? Pre-WoE? That'd get boring really quickly.

Nothing is more boring than Renewal.

#59 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

Most obvious answer would be that each official launched at different times. Wouldn't make sense that an official that launched in, say, 2005 would also have the exact same updates as an official that launched in 2003. Need to give players time to catch up to content since it's not like they're competing to catch up with other officials. Then again, with RWC existing, it would be unfair for certain regions to not be able to participate because they're not up-to-date. Lest you have an official that has only received 2nd Classes compete with officials that already got Trans Classes.

However, now that both the Taiwan and Indonesia servers are under kRO's control and kRO has changed Thailand's publisher, I'm curious to see how they plan to handle updates for officials with all this management shifting.

I would have to disagree. If a new server opens up, it would open at the current update. That way all localizations are on the same update and different versions aren't left wondering when or if they're gonna get an update. This could allow Gravity to do world wide server update promotions.

#60 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

But what about the people that don't want the server to be up to date?

#61 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:57 AM

'-'

#62 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

There are people who prefer the old mail system over RODEX, for instance.

#63 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:30 AM

There are people who prefer the old mail system over RODEX, for instance.

Rodex is so good

It's a free Kafra Card.

#64 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:06 PM

Rodex is so good

It's a free Kafra Card.

Nice signature. How about now We are all SC; F1 and auto Masq? lol

#65 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:57 PM

Nice signature. How about now We are all SC; F1 and auto Masq? lol

Thanks

I can make one when i get tired of this one. 

:heh:

#66 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:02 AM

EDIT: I think it would be hilarious if iRO advertises itself on RMS as a pserver and people come here and complain it's one of the worst pservers ever.

:no1:

BTW, I think there's no "Tyranny of the majority" here, just "tyranny of forum users", as WP won't refer to the whole community ever, and I doubt CMs ever do something like... counting who is pro and who is against something.

Either way, this server is really doomed because whatever path they take, it will be bad both for players who want change and for those who don't.

#67 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

I'm telling u ro wiLl be more fun when u make status immunities harder. But increasing the cap to 120-130 instead of 100

#68 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:11 AM

There are people who want to play on a kRO server, but kRO isn't going to open their server up to outsiders (despite them profiting from us). Therefore having a server here that's a copy of theirs content-wise would fill that demand, but there are people who wish for that demand to be denied for one reason for another.

The way I see it, iRO already went through the trouble of filling the demand for a pre-Renewal server so why not one that's a copy of kRO if people want that?

#69 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:13 AM

There are people who want to play on a kRO server, but kRO isn't going to open their server up to outsiders (despite them profiting from us). Therefore having a server here that's a copy of theirs content-wise would fill that demand, but there are people who wish for that demand to be denied for one reason for another.

The way I see it, iRO already went through the trouble of filling the demand for a pre-Renewal server so why not one that's a copy of kRO if people want that?

Camp gave you a reason as to why it wouldn't be feasible :X

#70 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:28 AM

We dont even need a kro sakray. apparent we "iro suppsedly have free range to edit our game like jro" so if we can do that, change the bases of the game like mechanics and status immunities. that fixes pretty much everything including woe. mvps and gods would be evend out since now you got more issues to worry about when u woe etc etc. Why havent anyone pushed this issue more than anything else baffles me. Even if we get no content for the next year it would still livin up the game 10x more than what crap infested hole we are in now. man it feels like im talking to wet wall that refuses to dry.

#71 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:30 AM

I would much rather play on jRO if iRO didn't exist.

GungHo has had much better success with pretty much all of its titles.

#72 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:32 AM

There are people who want to play on a kRO server, but kRO isn't going to open their server up to outsiders (despite them profiting from us)

The risk of having non-korean players infested kRO is far greater than small profits they can make from outsiders ... so no they'd rather not open their server worldwide :B

Does kRO have a lot of bot problems or cheat rampage in WoE? People are not the same ... smfh

#73 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

I would much rather play on jRO if iRO didn't exist.

GungHo has had much better success with pretty much all of its titles.

jro is pretty fun there

was able to play my friends account while he took a break for a week.

pay monthly has its advantages, I can see why they have such high success. Many of the devs actually activialy stroll the game to see that its working well instead of here when they do nothing at all. NOTHING AT ALL NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGG ATTTTTTTT ALLLLLLLLLLL.

sorry had a case of the simspons >.>

#74 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

jro is pretty fun there
was able to play my friends account while he took a break for a week.
pay monthly has its advantages, I can see why they have such high success. Many of the devs actually activialy stroll the game to see that its working well instead of here when they do nothing at all. NOTHING AT ALL NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGG ATTTTTTTT ALLLLLLLLLLL.
sorry had a case of the simspons >.>

Stfu lmfao You usually get what you pay for. iRO is free to play. Be grateful there is a free official RO to play! Damn cheap humans hahaha

#75 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:51 AM

Stfu lmfao You usually get what you pay for. iRO is free to play. Be grateful there is a free official RO to play! Damn cheap humans hahaha

Hey pipe down you human.

^.^ and watch the simpsons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users